You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 5:51pm

idea to make more ppl play this game

hey so my ideas are this ones:

1º- advertising the game on steam and other platforms.(informing of the f2p and the p2p option)
reasons ppl would join:
1:imersive game
2:you dont have to buy dlc's the content is give free
3:"free" trial on the free server
4: wow alternative without spending 120 euros to start playing(and a good alternative)

2º-let ppl subribe with cellphone money with services like boku.
2.1 i know it as a extra charge for service so ppl going for the cellphone paying pay 12 euros instead of 10.
2.2 reasons :
1: More ppl dont fell safe using the normal payment services.
2: not everyone has credit cards and the normal payment metod but almost everyone has money on the cellphone that they dont use.
3: is easyer to use the cellphone and charge the cellphone
4: Anyone can do it and play it

3ºafter you do this your game would have sucess at least the P2P server with that money add more races in game.

4ºmake International server to let the comunity grow then you open other servers in europe russia and united states and stuff

5ºPUT SOME MUSCEL ON IT! you have an 11 milion game on your hands and you guys are not doing nothing with it (league of legends and other big titles did not have that and look at them now they advertise and they PUT WORK ON IT. i am not trying to discorage you guys i am trying to motivate you guys and help. This game can grow if you want it that way.

hope you guys like my ideias and give your opinions about it and about my point of view i really wanna heard them!
And i play all the mmorpg to date and this game can be the second best mmorpg on the world. allods better than every single mmo out there only losing for wow.

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 9:58pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Good ideas.

Allods is literally the best MMO or game EVER and I found it totally by mistake.

I would have never heard about it until I came across it by totall accident. Never heard or saw anything about Allods prior.

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 10:36pm

yep and the pay2win destroy the game but now with the p2p serves the game is awesome and with some publicity made to it and allowing ppl to buy subscription with cellphone money would make the best off all only losing to Wow so i dont think the game is dead this guys just need to put some work on it and you have a top seller they just need to listen the community and interact and respond to us on the forums that would be nice as well and will help then.

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 11:38pm

Steam could really help Allods but you would have to highlight features like the pay to play server and rework the cash shop or it will receive very bad publicity for the pay2win server. Also they should sort out bugs, payment issues and maybe other problems before they take such steps or it could fail horribly. Maybe they could team up with a website like MMOhut and do a giveaway of free stuff or subscription time. That could boost the population, too.
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

Monday, August 18th 2014, 12:27am

by looking at the numbers of players that prefer payserver

- in russia (small)
- here while it was free (very small)
- here now where its not free any longer (even smaller)

in comparison to the players which play on normal server its a clear sign, what ppl prefer

also, normal server does not have any poulation issues at all, sometimes it even feels like there are too many players :P

and advertising on the internet in general is wasted money since most ppl do not recieve ads (adblock) and even less play a game just because an ad shows it
allods had its chance when this mmo review guy did one with allods and it failed
this could have been proper advertising

oh and i agree totally that allods is vastly superior to wow, for the money you need to play wow you can have so much in allods... or you can even have for free if your patient :thumbup:

also, wow is an endless moneysink while allods does not require ANY money at all

Monday, August 18th 2014, 2:17am

I dont even know why I keep coming back to the forum even though I dont have anymore worth playing toon anymore. I killed my only toon that I dropped $15k+ on it.

P2p server:
Advertise won't help the game for the p2p server. It might pull in like 2 people or a few more at a time but after they play for a few days and see no one else on, they will quit. Allods need to find a way to bring a lot of people in like a server merge and not fuck it up.

I was told that I should give the p2p server a try and there were a lot of people playing on the p2p server, so I decided to give it a try when it was free. 1 week on playing on the p2p server, I saw 1 other imp on but was afk. I dont know, it might be better now.

F2p server:
You dont need to spend any cash on the free server but to compete with the hardcore players and fight for the top spot, you will have to drop more on allods than you ever need on wow thats including buying wow+ expansion. On wow $13 x 12month = $156 per year. $156 on allod, gets you almost nothing. Just playing on wow for the past 4 months, Im already doing heroic raids(end game raid) and endgame pvp with some top pvp gear. Also got all the useless cash mounts, pets and helms.

You guys dont know a good population til you play on the russian allod servers or on any wow servers. The f2p or p2p population is a joke. Also the customer support on this game is a joke. Wow, 10min til I get a reply after sending in a ticket. Also you can also have a live chat conversation with one of their workers to fix any problem you have with the game.

Im not one of the poor free to play players that spent 0$ and complain. I did play this game 2years+ and dropped $15k+. There is a reason why I spent that much on a game. Hopefully they can bring that back and me into the p2p server.

I know its against the rules to post something about other games, but I felt like these are important things that allods need to fix. And.......wow is cool with people posting about other games.

Monday, August 18th 2014, 3:11am

On wow $13 x 12month = $156 per year.

and if you do not continue paying you cannot continue playing

ow

endless moneysink, while beeing dependent on the server

double ow

....and there will be a new expansion, which will require paying again...

ow...
triple combo

if i would play wow i would have lost 312$ according to your calculation
thankfully i play allods and i have lost 0$
and i also participate in endgame pvp, with success

(.... wow does not have a lootpet :P)
if allods and wow would have started simulatanously i guess allods would be the most known mmo around the world now

Monday, August 18th 2014, 8:58am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Quoted

if allods and wow would have started simulatanously i guess allods would be the most known mmo around the world now
If
back in good'ol days (F)Mail.ru, My.com, (or whoever) didn't castrate
Allods with Pay2win wallet-rape that lasts till present day, with all
these new content added past years, it would actually be possible.
"would" but never "will", cause it is not game created for western audience. I just can't see how they can dig up from that
pile of sh*t they were burrying themselves in for the past 2+ years. All You people have this great ideas how to fix Allods, for years there were a ton of good ideas and nothing happened, noone listened. That is why i think this game is just not for us. I
don't know. It would require total game revamp. Or maybe creating new
game, Allods Online 2. ummmm Skyforge? >.>

Monday, August 18th 2014, 9:40am

All You people have this great ideas how to fix Allods, for years there were a ton of good ideas and nothing happened, noone listened. That is why i think this game is just not for us. I
don't know. It would require total game revamp. Or maybe creating new
game, Allods Online 2. ummmm Skyforge? >.>

They provide the gasoline, we bring the matches... :)

But seriously...as for the p2p server, with none visible strive for any changes or improvement (maybe there is some behind the scenes, but that doesn't really warm the hearts of the players) it seems like all the good and bad ideas are heard by deaf ears.
Downfall (P2P)
Deliverance (F2P)

"I don't have pet peeves - I have major psychotic f****** hatreds!"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Downfall" (Aug 18th 2014, 9:47am)

Monday, August 18th 2014, 10:57am

in comparison to the players which play on normal server its a clear sign, what ppl prefer
I think that's not true. I see people coming back to the game on both f2p and p2p and they're like "What? Allods has a subscription server now? No runes? No CS? That's totally awesome!" They check out the p2p server because it's their hope for a perfect game (which it is on p2p server), see the peopulation, get turned off and either quit the game or spend stupid amounts of money on the CS and rage about it. I think theere are maaaannyy people that would enjoy a sub-server. But it's hard to get them to play because they either quit the game some time ago and don't even KNOW that it exists or they play on f2p and don't want to give up their CS-advantages.

Another argument about subscription games was that you're locked out of the game if you don't spend your 10€ a month. Consider the following: You're a f2p player. You took a break, maybe a year long. Now you feel like getting back into the game and because you're a really dedicated player you want to join one of the higher tier raiding guilds . You have a lot of CS stuff, but it's not the newest. People will start telling you "Hurr Durr, you need higher runes for that raid, no you can't do dominion, you need a pvp mount, you need m5..." and so on and so forth. Isn't that almost the same as a lockout you have to pay for?

(I know that you're an exception when it comes to the CS. AOplayer, but you're a minority and IMO you should stop rubbing that in everyones face)

Monday, August 18th 2014, 11:00am

Also I honestly think that the devs are trying to milk the highest amount of money out of the western Allods until it dies and they can replace it with Skyforge( which will probably have an insane CS, like Allods. Maybe not at the start, but I'm sure it will be similar to Allods. )

Monday, August 18th 2014, 11:20am

If back in good'ol days (F)Mail.ru, My.com, (or whoever) didn't castrate
Allods with Pay2win wallet-rape that lasts till present day

P2p server has none of that, it also has much more content than the game had "back in good'ol days". Still, people don't play there.

Hate the (potential) player, not the game.

But seriously...as for the p2p server, with none visible strive for any changes or improvement (maybe there is some behind the scenes, but that doesn't really warm the hearts of the players) it seems like all the good and bad ideas are heard by deaf ears.

Because none are needed, game itself (as in gameplay, content etc.) it pretty much as close to perfect as it can get, it needs only people.

P2p server:
Advertise won't help the game for the p2p server. It might pull in like 2 people or a few more at a time but after they play for a few days and see no one else on, they will quit. Allods need to find a way to bring a lot of people in like a server merge and not fuck it up.

Oh, I think it might, provided all the features and differences from f2p game model are properly highlighted.

It won't help the f2p for sure because people will come, see the overpowered cash bullshit and instantly leave, but in case of p2p - the biggest problem is that people either don't know about it's existence or still have the false (in reference to p2p) impression about what the game is from the past.

Also the customer support on this game is a joke. Wow, 10min til I get a reply after sending in a ticket. Also you can also have a live chat conversation with one of their workers to fix any problem you have with the game.

100% agree on this one. You also didn't mention that Allods support doesn't work on weekends, which is totally substandard for this business. People play most on weekends and it's logical it's then they will encounter most problems. However, delivering this kind of quality would probably be quite expensive for the company and the EU/US version is nowhere near the size to justify this kind of expense.

Monday, August 18th 2014, 11:38am

Quoted from "Downfall" But seriously...as for the p2p server, with none visible strive for any changes or improvement (maybe there is some behind the scenes, but that doesn't really warm the hearts of the players) it seems like all the good and bad ideas are heard by deaf ears.

Because none are needed, game itself (as in gameplay, content etc.) it pretty much as close to perfect as it can get, it needs only people.

The game is great, I agree on that, but it's the population issue i'm referring to. I mean I can't even find any marks that our server even exists on the official webpage. If there is one, it sure is hidden well... I'm sure the server could get more players but how are they supposed to find it otherwise than through "rumours about one existing". There used to be a nice big banner on the front page during the gpotato-era, but current publishers seem to find that unneccessary.

Kind of makes one feel abandoned...

The way I feel now is, that it is left to only our duty, the remaining players, to get more players to the game.
Downfall (P2P)
Deliverance (F2P)

"I don't have pet peeves - I have major psychotic f****** hatreds!"

Monday, August 18th 2014, 11:44am

They could use the sub-server perfectly for marketing. "You DECIDE how you want to play: Free to Play server and Subsrciption server is available". Something like that...

Monday, August 18th 2014, 12:52pm

There is also a thing My.com can do. It's called "paid promotion". They could pay Youtubers or streamers to play and advertise the game and do community events. Something like that is a huge popularity boost. Even smaller youtubers with about 100k subscribers are worth it.

Monday, August 18th 2014, 7:16pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

I have 3 reasons why I haven't changed to p2p server...

1. I'd loose CS items I paid a lot to get in the first place
2. Friends
3. Population

I'd rather have p2p removed and only have f2p server, IF all CS prices would be considerably lowered permanently. However, realistically I doubt that will ever happen... It's more probable to have p2p server populated.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 3:15pm

I think theere are maaaannyy people that would enjoy a sub-server. But it's hard to get them to play because they either quit the game some time ago and don't even KNOW that it exists or they play on f2p and don't want to give up their CS-advantages.

those, who enjoy beeing superior due to items will be most likely NOT happy on payserver
when i played there while it was free i was shocked about the pvp there, i was only playing casually and still able to kill almost every enemy, even if gear and level were above me a bit, just because EVERYONE is paper there :P
i understand ppl like that tactics matter more there, but one you reach gearcap on normal server its even more exciting, at last for me, since there will be more factors which determine my superiority, which gives the game more depth

People will start telling you "Hurr Durr, you need higher runes for that raid, no you can't do dominion, you need a pvp mount, you need m5..." and so on and so forth. Isn't that almost the same as a lockout you have to pay for?

i would tell ppl then "hurr durr i dont care for you" and make my own guild

(I know that you're an exception when it comes to the CS. AOplayer, but you're a minority and IMO you should stop rubbing that in everyones face)

i take this as a compliment
but pls keep in mind its (sadfully!) not like im one of those which can spend 12h+ / day ingame every day and farm all the time
i DO have a notable income but it could be so much more if i had more time
others have more time like me, use real $ and still have less things... its weird for me to see that

P2p server has none of that, it also has much more content than the game had "back in good'ol days". Still, people don't play there.

i noticed that too
for a player which stopped at gipat patch this scenario here should be perfect
THESE wont miss the items i would miss for sure

They could use the sub-server perfectly for marketing. "You DECIDE how you want to play: Free to Play server and Subsrciption server is available". Something like that...
i like that idea
giving ppl the freedom of choice is a good thing and will make them happy

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 11:03pm

Yulian

Intermediate

Nothing will change... don;t you get that? F2P server fills the pockets good, as for anything else ... Who cares? Upper staff ceartainly seems not( on ru might be better but here). Plus that Skyforge game or what was it is coming so...

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 11:11pm

Yulian, you're not entirely right. F2P might fill the pocket, but it's not everyones cup of tea to play a f2p game. It's awesome that they're giving people the choice to either play on a sub-server or on a f2p-server. They could use this to advertise and get more money out of the game because they can attract 2 different types of players. They could use it. But I don't really notice anything done for some reason. Maybe they're using their resources to advertise for Skyforge or they're working on something top secret.
The development of Allods wont get hurt by Skyforge because, as one community manager has mentioned, there are two different developer teams.

It's weird to me that My.com isn't using the f2p+p2p server to advertise... (or that they don't try to advertise at all)

We can just sit, wait, complain and then end up frustrated because we don't even get updates about the current state and plans for the p2p server anymore...

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 7:49pm

Yulian

Intermediate

"We can just sit, wait, complain and then end up frustrated because we don't even get updates about the current state and plans for the p2p server anymore..." YES

Rate this thread