You are not logged in.

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 4:14am

Intoshadows

Intermediate

• "Intoshadows" started this thread

Additional quests for new 60's.(Runes, Pat5 etc)

Just a suggestion to possibly implement a weekly quest that rewards maybe like 200 crystal chips and 25 Holy Symbols(or something small but substantial) towards building up runes.

This could go towards augmenting the real money spent towards the monumental process of getting reasonable runes on players that are new to Allods.

As it stands now aquiring these items is very much akin to looking at purchasing a new vehicle in real life as far as cost goes(after factoring in Pat5 and additional "requirements"). I understand the need to make money in a free to play business model but the costs associated with Allods is rather extreme currently.

I don't mind grinding many hours nor do i mind purchasing from the boutique with real money but this suggestion is for some way to assist in the process and would go a long ways towards incentivizing new Allods players towards staying with the game and feeling like they can still accomplish things without having to "break the bank".

I'm sure this suggestion isn't new and has been around for a while(Price factor is generally the main thing you read when looking at game reviews on Allods) and I think a small reward like this isn't going to be so much that it disuades players from spending real money but, it will in fact, potentially increase the amount of money the player ultimately spends(it's helps ease the process of growing ones runes ever so slightly but more importantly takes "some" of the load off the brand new players shoulders).

Even if it's just the illusion of progress, it would serve to make the daunting task of Pat5 and runs growth feel a bit more within the realm of possibility for the average Joe Smogle.

Thanks!!!

Note* I aware of the P2P server and this isn't something that interests me for various reasons. I do like the way the F2P server is set up and am just making a suggestion towards helping out with player retention and involvement of the growth of Allods, in particular, the "end-game" crowd. I've known many, many people that have reached end game in Allods only to realize how ridiculous the prices are. The prices don't need to change much really but a lot of things are very unrealistically priced at the moment.

Edit: I just wanted to add a TL:dr-Paying real money for items in a F2p game is expected but since this is a new management now for Allods ! It is a perfect time to reevaluate the prices on a lot of the more neccessary things(or add in-game quests so players can augment their spending/grinding to make some of these "more essential" things reaistically obtainable by the general populous).

Additional note* Im here to stay but can see how many people run for the hills! Some of the items are priced into literal absurdity.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Intoshadows" (Aug 23rd 2014, 4:29am)

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 12:43pm

yes, this is a good thing
basically its the same thing whether you kill x mobs every day to get y smybols for P5 or something / day, but ppl will like it more if they get the symbols directly from a repeatable Q
it seems they feel the progress stronger this way

+1

the same with CC, if ppl get for example 100 cc every week with the astralkeys once they reach level 60 this will also boost moral of them while most likely not damaging the business

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 2:20pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

• "Intoshadows" started this thread

yes, this is a good thing
basically its the same thing whether you kill x mobs every day to get y smybols for P5 or something / day, but ppl will like it more if they get the symbols directly from a repeatable Q
it seems they feel the progress stronger this way

+1

the same with CC, if ppl get for example 100 cc every week with the astralkeys once they reach level 60 this will also boost moral of them while most likely not damaging the business
Thank you for correctly interpreting my post.

While I am simultaneously complaining a bit about the cash shop prices(some things truly are ridiculous) I am more focusing the post on the concept of creating the "feeling" of progress for players, while hopfully actually helping to facilitate the need for some of the more essential items, at least in some small way.