You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 1:29pm

Unstable Manabike for rent!

here you can discuss the Unstable Manabike for Rent!

Quoted

Dear players!

Our dear Goblin inventors announced a Mount rent test run and want you to take part! Therefore, they supplied us with some Manabikes that you can rent for a limited period of time. From August 28 to September 8, everyone has the opportunity to purchase a trinket that allows you to ride your very own Unstable Manabike for one week. You only have to pay for the period of lease. No additional costs like mana batteries for skills or even food! It even comes with a new skin: Currents of Infinity. (Please note that no other skin can be applied to the borrowed Manabike).

Mount this level 11 high-speed machine and feel the speed! But don't forget to equip a helmet!

Players who already are proud owners of a Manabike can buy the "Currents of Infinity" skin in the Allods Boutique during this time.

Enjoy the ride!

Join in the discussion on our Official Forums and tell us about your test results.

Your Allods.com Team
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 1:41pm

Nemesis

Trainee

Wasn't it better to fix game bugs instead of adding " unstable mount " ?

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 2:06pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Wait, am I reading right ? You expect ppl to pay "subscription" for a mount ? On free to play server ? xD Correct me if I'm wrong, couse I'm laughing so hard right now that I allmost choked with my dinner :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Spinecrawler" (Aug 28th 2014, 2:14pm)

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 2:55pm

Sorry but thats preety troll i think.

170gp for 7 days GG wp. :)
4th. 1.Place Scout Pimp My Build [2014]
1.Place Guild Propaganda Event [2013 ]
One of the most epic fights in my Allods history ''The last 10 Minutes '' [2012]
Meele Scout Clip [2011]
2. Place Comic Contest GER [2011]
1.Place I Love My Class Event [2011]

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 4:15pm

yes, its a short term bike, but it also doesn't need to be fed, or takes up any mana.

As for the bug fix thing...
This is already there in the code, it took moments to turn on.
Bug fixes require time, to find the problem and to fix it and ensure that it doesn't break something else.
There was meant to be some bug fixes this maintenance, but they had to be postponed as they did not work as intended. Hopefully those, and others will be available for next weeks maintenance.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 4:25pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Okkkkk. Now This is REALLY interesting.

Lets sum it up:
1st. PAY for trinket to summon mount.
2nd. PAY for using a mount.
3rd. <cut>

So it came to this. You no longer buying a mount, You are renting it from cash shop xD aka. You literally pay a subscription FOR A MOUNT :D

And I dared to call Strongboxes a walletrape. Silly me.

Edit:
you've taken your trolling to far now, warning issued.
-Wraith

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wraith02" (Aug 28th 2014, 5:02pm)

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 4:56pm

Okkkkk. Now This is REALLY interesting.

Lets sum it up:
1st. PAY for trinket to summon mount.
2nd. PAY for using a mount.
3rd. <cut>
So it came to this. You no longer buying a mount, You are renting it from cash shop xD aka. You literally pay a subscription FOR A MOUNT :D

And I dared to call Strongboxes a walletrape. Silly me.

no, your wrong there.
Noone said you have to pay any extra for the mount once you have it.

Its simple..
you pay ONCE for the "trinket", I.e the key, which will then give you access to the mount for 7 days.
You do not pay per use, or anything after that.

The rental term was only used to differentiate that its a short term mount only.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wraith02" (Aug 28th 2014, 5:03pm)

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 5:23pm

Hi, this is my first post on these forums. I thought I had to register first, so I didn't really bother before (silly me, I didn't have to do a thing). But now I feel like I have to speak up. This update seems like a joke. I thought that other people who responded here didn't really read the maintenance post correctly or didn't look for the bike in-game. I thought that they're just PRESUMING that they need to pay with crystals. I thought the rent was to be paid in gold, so I thought that was ok. I was even going to pay for it, just to try it out. Then I found out that you want people to pay 170 crystals for the bike. That disappears in a WEEK.
yes, its a short term bike, but it also doesn't need to be fed, or takes up any mana.
Yes, but we're supposed to pay for this with our real money. Not with in-game gold. I have no problem spending money for immaterial things, but they would have to last longer than seven. Frikkin'. Days.

I never noticed any mount to take up mana, anyway..? Might just be me though. As for feeding it, it would be frankly ridiculous if it were to be fed and still disappeared in a week. So not really a plus. See there's an idea right there - make it so that when you feed it, you prolong its existence for, say, a day. Or shorter. But buying this bike for real currencies as opposed to ingame gold is ridiculous.

Bug fixes require time, to find the problem and to fix it and ensure that it doesn't break something else.
There was meant to be some bug fixes this maintenance, but they had to be postponed as they did not work as intended. Hopefully those, and others will be available for next weeks maintenance.
While I feel that crying for more bugfixes at every occassion is childish, I kind of see the merit this time. You have essentially agreed that you TRIED to fix some bugs, it didn't work out, so you quickly had to come up with SOMETHING, just to justify the maintenance. It just doesn't look good to say "The servers were down for four hours and we changed... nothing, really."

While I can understand that proposed solutions to bugs don't always work as intended, maybe there's a way out. Maybe, next time, you set one bugfixer aside and let him fix something he can manage. Like translation issues, for example in engineer's talent tree. If such person were to look at these forums, he would find that someone else already pointed out most issues (kudos to that person) and he could be done with the work in 30 minutes or less. He could still join the rest of the bugfixers later and try to fix some bigger bugs. And in case they failed, you would still have something to show the players and save your face. This is just an idea, but it could work.

Instead, all we got is this rent-a-mount. :thumbup:

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 5:40pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

OK then, my mistake i think. Thank You for clearing it for me /and maybe others/. I tought it would be on terms as explained in my previous post. That is why i couldn't hold myself cause it seemed just to ridiculous and insolent.

So, 'short term' means this mount is only for 7 days, no more, right?.
IMO. Point of paying for something which turns into a brick after a week is beyond me. Is this some kind of payable promotion or something? For me, idea of owning a mount was that it will belong to me forever, but have fun if You like it. /I wouldn't/

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 5:41pm

I never noticed any mount to take up mana, anyway..?

I believe Wraith meant Mana Batteries, which many mounts (including the Manabikes) use to power abilities.

While I feel that crying for more bugfixes at every occassion is childish, I kind of see the merit this time. You have essentially agreed that you TRIED to fix some bugs, it didn't work out, so you quickly had to come up with SOMETHING, just to justify the maintenance. It just doesn't look good to say "The servers were down for four hours and we changed... nothing, really."

While I can understand that proposed solutions to bugs don't always work as intended, maybe there's a way out. Maybe, next time, you set one bugfixer aside and let him fix something he can manage. Like translation issues, for example in engineer's talent tree. If such person were to look at these forums, he would find that someone else already pointed out most issues (kudos to that person) and he could be done with the work in 30 minutes or less. He could still join the rest of the bugfixers later and try to fix some bigger bugs. And in case they failed, you would still have something to show the players and save your face. This is just an idea, but it could work.

While I completely understand your perspective, it's a sad consequence of the mystifying nature of working in a large, change-controlled, IT environment.

As someone who works in an organisation that makes Allods' playerbase look small (around 250,000 users), change control, and it's limitations are clear to me, and while I don't always *like* it (I'm looking at you CAB meetings), it's a necessity.

The devs have hoops upon hoops to jump through, and it doesn't matter how minor the change seems, the hoops are all still there.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 5:43pm

OK then, my mistake i think. Thank You for clearing it for me /and maybe others/. I tought it would be on terms as explained in my previous post. That is why i couldn't hold myself cause it seemed just to ridiculous and insolent.

So, 'short term' means this mount is only for 7 days, no more, right?.
IMO. Point of paying for something which turns into a brick after a week is beyond me. Is this some kind of payable promotion or something? For me, idea of owning a mount was that it will belong to me forever, but have fun if You like it. /I wouldn't/

It's a try before you buy kind of deal - it's relatively cheap, and is designed to entice people into splashing out on a more expensive mount (or chests)

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 5:47pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

It seems more like "pay before You buy" kind of deal.

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 5:50pm

It seems more like "pay before You buy" kind of deal.

There are all sorts of real-world examples of this - many gyms and clubs offer reduced price, short term memberships for people to try before splashing out the full cost.

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 5:53pm

Hi, this is my first post on these forums. I thought I had to register first, so I didn't really bother before (silly me, I didn't have to do a thing). But now I feel like I have to speak up. This update seems like a joke. I thought that other people who responded here didn't really read the maintenance post correctly or didn't look for the bike in-game. I thought that they're just PRESUMING that they need to pay with crystals. I thought the rent was to be paid in gold, so I thought that was ok. I was even going to pay for it, just to try it out. Then I found out that you want people to pay 170 crystals for the bike. That disappears in a WEEK.
Yes, but we're supposed to pay for this with our real money. Not with in-game gold. I have no problem spending money for immaterial things, but they would have to last longer than seven. Frikkin'. Days.

It is possible to get the item through ingame gold, if you have enough to buy 170 crystals.
There are plenty of temporary items sold within the game, if their not for you, then don't buy it.

I never noticed any mount to take up mana, anyway..? Might just be me though. As for feeding it, it would be frankly ridiculous if it were to be fed and still disappeared in a week. So not really a plus. See there's an idea right there - make it so that when you feed it, you prolong its existence for, say, a day. Or shorter. But buying this bike for real currencies as opposed to ingame gold is ridiculous.
The combat mounts use up mana batteries (as Dhamp pointed out, I used the wrong terminology earlier - my apologies for that) when they use their special abilities, with this one you don't need Mana batteries, or to feed the mount, like the others do.

Instead, all we got is this rent-a-mount. :thumbup:
While I understand your frustrations, I'm sorry, you are mistaken , this is not part of the update, it was a sale that was already within the code that was switched on.

The update part (bug fixing) of the maintenance was postponed because the bug fixes did not happen, but that had absolutely no impact on the sale happening.
There was still a loca update installed, but the actual bug fixes didn't happen.
That being said, main points of the server maintenance is to clean up the database, and perform routine maintenance on the game servers while the game round is offline, not just to update the game. Game updates are usually done during the maintenance because its easier to do it when the servers are offline, and causes a lot less issues.

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 6:10pm

Guza

Intermediate

Would make more sense to give us for free, before the real sale starts.

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 7:00pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

It's a try before you buy kind of deal - it's relatively cheap, and is designed to entice people into splashing out on a more expensive mount (or chests)
A try before you buy kinda deal would mean that the manabikes will be implemented in the CS in which I highly doubt they will be. They VERY RARELY bring out the same Mount Strongboxes and even when they did it wasn't for any type of battle mounts until of course they came out with those dumb mosaic tiles which are worse then the strongboxes.

This type of thing has always been an "Event" type of thing and now we are having to purchase a 7 day rental. Just don't make any sense to me. And before you even say I have my choice to "Rent" this item, I will say I will not be spending any money nor ingame gold to support this. I would hope others will open their eyes and choose not to "rent" it as well.

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 8:56pm

keep in mind there are unlimited manabatteries, so you can properly use this mount!
also its level 11 instant!
thats great

its ~ 1.7 $
i think most ppl do not really care for these amounts

(or you exchange gold, 11.352 gold atm)

what i dont understand is that there suddenly is rant about a non-permanent item...

have you ever heared of potency elixiers? these last even shorter, only 2 hours!
no rant about them?

there was also a flying witchbroom some time ago, also non-permanent

if i would spend gold on temp. items i would rather buy the manabike, ONLY for saving the manabatteries instead of buying the elixiers...
(but thats irrelevant since i do not buy non permanent items in general)

----> an interesting thing would be something like "when you buy X of the temp. manabike you will get it perm., with unlimited batterys)

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 9:51pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

keep in mind there are unlimited manabatteries, so you can properly use this mount!
also its level 11 instant!
thats great

its ~ 1.7 $
i think most ppl do not really care for these amounts

(or you exchange gold, 11.352 gold atm)

what i dont understand is that there suddenly is rant about a non-permanent item...

have you ever heared of potency elixiers? these last even shorter, only 2 hours!
no rant about them?

there was also a flying witchbroom some time ago, also non-permanent

if i would spend gold on temp. items i would rather buy the manabike, ONLY for saving the manabatteries instead of buying the elixiers...
(but thats irrelevant since i do not buy non permanent items in general)

----> an interesting thing would be something like "when you buy X of the temp. manabike you will get it perm., with unlimited batterys)
Are you really trying to sell this item? Who cares if it takes the mana batteries/feed or not. You are completely missing the point. My point is....THEY USE TO GIVE MOUNTS LIKE THIS FOR EVENTS. And by the way at this time I have no use for elixers so dont even compare this with elixers. I for one have plenty of mount feed and mana batteries so this isn't even the problem.

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 9:56pm

170gpots for a 7 day manabike sounds reasonable.

Friday, August 29th 2014, 9:11am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

170 crystals for a whole mount forever would sound reasonable for me. That would actually be a really good deal. But You have 7 days...
7 days....
7 days...

:P