Vous n’êtes pas connecté.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

03. 09. 2014, 11:55

Allods.com(website) is terrible

I introduced the game to a friend and some issues he brought up that didn't came to my mind before.

He didn't get any information about factions, classes, races, nothing, on the website, the website is really poor, imagine a new player looking for information about the game and didn't get any tip about what allods is from the official website? Yes, the website doesn't explain what allods is all about, there's ZERO information about the game, and don't tell me that "news" section has information for newcomers, it doesn't!

Anyway, there's no information about subscription server. No information about how many crystals you have on website (if you only have a char on p2p, you have to make a character on f2p to remember how much crystals you have), i had like 700 crystals and I didn't remember til a made this character on f2p.
If you want subscription and try allods.com/subscription it shows a error page like it didn't exist if you are not logged in, instead of that it would be a lot better if there's a redirection to a log-in page and then to subscription page again. This website is poorly made, it seems like they don't care about allods anymore.

03. 09. 2014, 12:05

Agreed.

I suppose you have seen these:

http://en.allods.com/game/game-guide/basics
http://en.allods.com/game/game-guide/quick-start

Anyway accessing them is counter-intuitive to what the average user does. (Hovering over the "Game" text only hints at the patcnotes, not the actual guides.)

Also the guide should be broken to multiple pages and specific sections should be linkable.

And for g sake. If you don't want to create an overview of the game lore, atleast add the stuff back that gpotato had.

03. 09. 2014, 12:16

LOOL that was tricky! Ya, i've never seen this before, neither my friend. This website is not intuitive and also the "top-up account" shortcut should be placed better.

03. 09. 2014, 13:12

Nandita

Disciple

• Envoyer un message privé

Also you have countless Guildportals for every languages but only Mods to moderate these. Seems not to be an official part of Allods presents anymore. And the Chat in every Guildportal ...

With the Mainpage, Forum and many many Guildportals it is all a big chaos and in no way userfriendly.

03. 09. 2014, 13:59

The website needs a better design:

-Make informations, videos and screenshots of the game more accessible. Add helpful links to external websites like Oracle or link videos like the tutorial series of this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1v_wyiR…4ACr8XBiP7o679g

-Add a box with recent posts from the forums, guild portal, current livestreams on for example Twitch.tv, youtube videos.

-Show a secluded field with current events in the game and maybe coming events.

-(Maybe) Have an area where you present the developer team or the community managers so that people know who's managing the game.

-Add a section where you highlight that there is a p2p server available and highlight the differences.

I hope some of this stuff will be done, shouldn't be too difficult for anybody who knows a bit about webdesign.
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zerag" (03.09.2014, 14:04)

03. 09. 2014, 14:19

Also, whoever designed the website, why didn't you take a look at the russian one? It's almost perfect, has some fancy effects and almost everything I mentioned. Maybe you even could've asked for some of the elements and scripts so you could use them...

http://allods.mail.ru/
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

03. 09. 2014, 15:41

Also, whoever designed the website, why didn't you take a look at the russian one? It's almost perfect, has some fancy effects and almost everything I mentioned. Maybe you even could've asked for some of the elements and scripts so you could use them...

http://allods.mail.ru/

I wonder why they haven't used the russian said from the beginning. As they are almost the same company (well, closely related) and I suppose that the development teams communicate with each other (if they are not the same, anyway) this is alsmost ridicolus (functionality and interaction-) wise. I actually can live with the design.

However, I doubt that anything major will change (But please move the links to the guide in the dropdown, if you want anyone to ever find them).

Additional thoughts:
- If you are in doubt that the guides content is decent let some experienced players check them or let them write new ones. (And translate them, for real this time, not like the PmB event)
- I want this: http://allods.mail.ru/about.php?show=lore_contents
- And this is ordered and easy to navigate (again, I don't speak russian, but I can get more from that site and the subpages as from ours); http://allods.mail.ru/about_game.php (Note: Most of the subpages are broken with google translate(Hidden images don't show up)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rangad" (03.09.2014, 15:59)

04. 09. 2014, 08:53

Travail: Pro Afk'r

Also you have countless Guildportals for every languages but only Mods to moderate these. Seems not to be an official part of Allods presents anymore. And the Chat in every Guildportal ...

With the Mainpage, Forum and many many Guildportals it is all a big chaos and in no way userfriendly.
Which is a pain in the bum because it doesnt use the forum info and when you try to use an avatar you have to have exact bs that they dont even share with you while trying to upload so it makes it a guessing game.

And where have you been? Even the forums are full of Mods, so full no one even knows what a CM/GM is anymore.

04. 09. 2014, 16:41

And where have you been? Even the forums are full of Mods, so full no one even knows what a CM/GM is anymore.

And that's how it should be. A CM/GM should intervene only in an event of complete disaster - something very serious and very game-breaking.

04. 09. 2014, 17:31

Xaraman

Apprenti

Travail: Senior bottle washer, Madness guild

The game (and website) needs an up to date and official English Wiki.

I know about the wikia one, but there's a lot of stuff there that's really out of date.

04. 09. 2014, 19:52

Gramarye

Professionnel

The game (and website) needs an up to date and official English Wiki.

Funny try by gpotato EU some years ago: http://wiki.en.allods.gpotato.eu/

04. 09. 2014, 21:47

And that's how it should be. A CM/GM should intervene only in an event of complete disaster - something very serious and very game-breaking.
So, what you are saying is that broken quests and broken customer support isnt "game breaking"?

http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=4031

Locked before I could even answer the one and only reply and that reply wasn't even from a GM/CM nor a mod. 4 weeks I waited and waited for help on this quest that couldnt be completed yet it isnt game breaking enough to deserve a reply or a pm from a GM/CM?

I guess being from the NA server I am use to Pio answering the players more then the Mods. As a paying customer I guess I expect to be able to interact with the GM/CM more then the Mods.

04. 09. 2014, 21:56

IAmGroot

Professionnel

Travail: Destoryer of all things you love

So, what you are saying is that broken quests and broken customer support isnt "game breaking"?

http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=4031

Locked before I could even answer the one and only reply and that reply wasn't even from a GM/CM nor a mod. 4 weeks I waited and waited for help on this quest that couldnt be completed yet it isnt game breaking enough to deserve a reply or a pm from a GM/CM?

I guess being from the NA server I am use to Pio answering the players more then the Mods. As a paying customer I guess I expect to be able to interact with the GM/CM more then the Mods.
As much as I hounded the hell out of Pio...I miss that beautiful bearded guy.
He cared so much about us even after we yelled and screamed at him, but we did it out of love for the game and he understood that.
Now...I just see people "doing" their job. No love.

R.I.P. PioPico, one of the best GMs of all time for any game.

04. 09. 2014, 22:29

Hi,

I think that PioPico is still working with the old Allods team (from gPotato), i'm sure you can say "Hi" to him if you want. Maybe he will be pleased to see you around ;).
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

05. 09. 2014, 01:27

Xaraman

Apprenti

Travail: Senior bottle washer, Madness guild

Funny try by gpotato EU some years ago: http://wiki.en.allods.gpotato.eu/

You know what, that's not bad and in fact if updated to V5 could be a good knowledge repository for the game.

Wraith, maybe you could talk to the guys at webzen and see if you can get this from them? I'm sure if you wiki'd it up, you'd get a good few people help you update it for V5.

Cheers!

05. 09. 2014, 11:17

As much as I hounded the hell out of Pio...I miss that beautiful bearded guy.
He cared so much about us even after we yelled and screamed at him, but we did it out of love for the game and he understood that.
Now...I just see people "doing" their job. No love.

R.I.P. PioPico, one of the best GMs of all time for any game.
Agreed

05. 09. 2014, 11:47

Oshi

Apprenti

Travail: Lover

I remember the days when GM's would go to Gportal and troll players.

Gportal was filled whit people and was a lot of fun.

Now Gportal is almost dead, only 5 - 6 persons there usually, instead of cool game masters that are actually payed for their job we have intrusive moderators from DE that basically have no sense of humor and like to show off their great BY GOD conceded powers...

Support ? well im w8thing for a reply to my ticket from last month... gpotato was kinda slow but my.com seems to just ignore them as far as i understood.

website is terrible? allods dosent have advertise?

Did you guys even noticed that allods is not even featured in My.com website ? i mean....

The arabs knew about the merge before our own team knew anything about it even... that just shows the level or organization present in this company.

I think i was used to have a better quality team and services.... whit people that like and cared about the players and the game.

Nothing more to say . . .
:) :) :)

06. 09. 2014, 09:47

please add the lore, like on this website:

http://levelupgames.uol.com.br/allods/historia/introducao
this is from Allods BR :P my friend that i mention at the beginning of this thread had to read from "lvlup!games"(publisher) to learn about Allods races and classes.

06. 09. 2014, 12:08

dragonsvk8

Disciple

Travail: Fap, PvP

haha yea allods is not on main my.com site but they do have skyforge there...I wonder why)
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

Noter cette discussion