You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, September 23rd 2014, 7:44am

Help with Bard

I recently started playing allods and i cant seem to use ellegy right. I dont seem to be dealing damage, can someone explain how its used? thanks

Tuesday, September 23rd 2014, 7:59am

skullskaldy

Beginner

it's quite simple actually,
it's a song which is like a passive skill you can turn on or off.
bards can have 2 on at the same time or 3 if you use the skill from the elegy ruby tree called 'invigoration'
but having 2/3 on will decrease your energy regen by 5/4/3/2 (5 basic and 1 less per ruby taken of "Temperament" in the same elegy grid)

Elegy:
and once you turned it on every mobs that aggros you will be damaged by XX damage if he's 20 yards or less away from you

oh yeah if you have it on there should be a slight purple aura around you.

Tuesday, September 23rd 2014, 8:42am

Tuesday, September 23rd 2014, 12:29pm

if u new one
in 5.0.2

Bard R.I.P

so try to choose other one 8)

Tuesday, September 23rd 2014, 5:35pm

Songs work as Mr. "skullskaldy" explained exactly.
Songs are much like passive skills where you can play 2 at once at the same time in normal cases unless you use invigoration which is a skill gained from a certain ruby.Invigoration skill allows you to play a 3rd additional song till the end of your current fight and it has a CD of 5 minutes if you get both Invigoration rubies as far as I remember.
As for Elegy song,I guess Mr."skullskaldy" explained it perfectly too.In short,if you put your "Elegy/Cantata" song on,it would automatically deal damage to enemies who're in combat with you in a certain radius and this damage is astral(magic) damage.
Your wand gives you much base magic damage so the stronger your wand is,the stronger your Elegy song will hit.

You mentioned you're a new player in Allods,right?
Welcome!I hope you like the bard class.
If you'd like a PVE DPS build,you can check out my little bard guide:

http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=562&

This guide includes explanation for each stat and which stats should bard focus for PVE DPS under the title "Stats" in the guide as well a leveling build that you'd find in the middle of the page under the title "Leveling build!".

There are also other helpful and interesting guides like Mr. Fiddler's guide:

http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=1379

and PMB guides you'd find all over the bard forum here.

Best advice for a newcomer(whatever class you are) IMO would be:

1-Decide your role and choose a build that suits your play style best and go with it because,respec is painful here specially if you're trying to find the most suitable build for you.Much farm to get the gold for a water of death to respec,the gold with which you can get your runes high up instead of respec so I'd recommend checking guides,chilling a bit and making up your mind before starting your little adventure.Your build does matter in this game.

2-Just an advice and nothing more,Don't try to level with a PVP build because, leveling in this game got kinda harder and more grindy so you'll need PVE build mostly till you hit max level.Anyway,if you do need help with PVP though,I'd be glad to help and I actually do have a PVP bard guide on the bard forum here so you can check around as well.

3-Try to get max reputation in every area you visit as you level because, at some point,you'll have to farm mobs and you'll have no more quests left so doing reputation quests earlier would be much more fun IMO.Also having max reputation in a certain zone will enable you to buy it's best gear which will help you in next quests so yea,it's a win win situation there.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions,I'd be glad to help as well as many people on the forums here.

Good luck!
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

Tuesday, September 23rd 2014, 6:35pm

Artuditu

Trainee

One important information here: after patch 5.0.2 that will be released here soon all characters that reach lv60(max) are supposed to receive 1 water of death (1-time skill reset).

Tuesday, September 23rd 2014, 9:07pm

IAmGroot

Professional

If you want to PvP talk to DeeperThroat or whatever his name is.
I was told he's unkillable.

Tuesday, September 23rd 2014, 11:43pm

Jinxed

Intermediate

Bards may get hit hard in the next patch but if you keep at it and work hard no matter how many blows a class takes you can still make it strong :)
Jinxed-level 60