You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, October 12th 2014, 5:23pm

6 FTP going Astral... will we get razed?

As the title states, we are a group of six friends who play this game FTP.

Now, it's going to take a while before all of us will be 35, but I already am 34 and in possession of the required gold.

Question is, is a group of FTP dudes able to take on Astral PvE normally?

Second, and I think the answer is yes, do we have to run for our lives if we see an enemy ship?
I don't exactly know how the astral layers work, but do we encounter ships full of level 60 bloodthirsty players right off the bat? (on the other hand, we cant win from a ship of reinc's either)

My thanks in advance :thumbup:
8o There could be a signature here. Instead, there is this. 8o

Sunday, October 12th 2014, 6:38pm

if i remember correctly you need to be level 60 now to be able to use a ship

aside from that, if you are 6 ppl, 1 "fullhealer" 1 "tank" and 4 "dps" you can make it

if you are not happy with astral you can also gear your chars at wild shore, there its also beneficial to act as a group but not necessary

Sunday, October 12th 2014, 7:35pm

You may need to be lv60 to do anything meaningful in astral, but afaik you can board a ship with lv 35(atleast incarns can, dunno about fresh chars). But the initial ship equip might be to bad to justify the gold at that level.

Monday, October 13th 2014, 12:25am

As long as you stay clear of the sectors where the trade route are in the odds of seeing an enemy ship are very low.

Sadly one of the catch 22s of this game is that you need a ship with gear of the appropriate generation to sail in it. A new ship will start with Gen 9 green quality equipment and the lowest layers of astral are Gen 10. You can teleport to allods but this gets pretty expensive.

Generally your expected to have gear 1 rank higher than the upgrades that drop from a sector. This means the first allods, which drop blue upgrades, require purple gear.

Monday, October 13th 2014, 2:37pm

You will need a tanker and a healer in your party and runes since this game you can't play as 100% free to play without runes at all.

Monday, October 13th 2014, 5:30pm

since this game you can't play as 100% free to play without runes at all.

this is wrong
also runes 2-1-1 1-1-1 are "free"

runes are a dmg and def bonus
without strong runes it may take longer but you can do it

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 10:02am

Wube

Beginner

One does not need to buy anything from botique to do astrall... though:
- you need to be lvl. 60 to land on isles
- astrall is kind of hard to do and you need tank and healer obviously
- tbh. wellebell is the place you want to go first

Best way is to upgrade your glyphs to legendary quality, then you should think of sailling off astral to get your gear. And like people say, if you don't have a good ship it may get a bit expensive in gold.
BLARGH

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 10:48am

since this game you can't play as 100% free to play without runes at all.

this is wrong
also runes 2-1-1 1-1-1 are "free"

runes are a dmg and def bonus
without strong runes it may take longer but you can do it

ignore that, he is the only one who defends it

Friday, October 17th 2014, 2:21am

Question is, is a group of FTP dudes able to take on Astral PvE normally?

yeah thats no problem^^ with the gold you gain from leveling you can bild some starter runes and in astral there are 3 diffrent zones; Easy,Middle and hard^^ i tried middle solo(+ heal merc) with blue gear and it was no problem at all so i think your grp should be able to to it

Second, and I think the answer is yes, do we have to run for our lives if we see an enemy ship?
I don't exactly know how the astral layers work, but do we encounter ships full of level 60 bloodthirsty players right off the bat? (on the other hand, we cant win from a ship of reinc's either)

well its really really rare to see another ship in astral and even if you find one you rarely attack it^^ but yeah if you have a green starter ship you will get fucked by it if they decide to kill your grp^^