You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, October 16th 2014, 10:37pm

Mapz

Trainee

• "Mapz" started this thread

New Chat Font

With today's update the in-game chat's font became horrible, makes my eyes bleed. I'd kindly ask the management to restore the old font. If that cant be done, could anyone give suggestions or HAX on how to change the font back to normal? kthxbai

Thursday, October 16th 2014, 10:41pm

Thursday, October 16th 2014, 10:47pm

+1
while we are at it... give us an option to turn off the font "smoothing" which is actually a blurring of it...
i would love to have a sharp font in allods

image related

1st is good and sharp
2nd is blurred and crap

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Oct 16th 2014, 10:57pm)

Thursday, October 16th 2014, 10:59pm

Guza

Intermediate

What are u guys talking about? o_o
My fonts are same as before, sharp.

Friday, October 17th 2014, 12:28am

Mapz

Trainee

i'm talking about the font that became fat

Friday, October 17th 2014, 2:18am

Friday, October 17th 2014, 10:03am

You know theres a button to change to font in the chat window right?

Friday, October 17th 2014, 12:36pm

Mapz

Trainee

and the award for the most useless comment goes to... ^

Friday, October 17th 2014, 3:18pm

Not really you just haven't bothered with it apperently. Just change the font and the font size and it's back to normal.

Friday, October 17th 2014, 5:58pm

Mapz

Trainee

Oh-oh, we have a smart ass here. Fine, there u go, screenshots of the old font and new font, new font is set 1 click smaller than the old one, as u can notice from the amount of text lines shown in the chat (respectively 8 and 8.5, couldnt set exactly the same size coz they screwed it up too). Yet the new one is fatter (i wrote the aod message as comparison), u can count the pixels if u dont believe me (roughly 294pixels wide->old - 310pixels wide->new with even smaller font size). U can just look at the "n" to realize how much nonsense u're talking about here. Bye.

old nice font
new kak font

Friday, October 17th 2014, 7:51pm

Oh-oh, we have a smart ass here. Fine, there u go, screenshots of the old font and new font, new font is set 1 click smaller than the old one, as u can notice from the amount of text lines shown in the chat (respectively 8 and 8.5, couldnt set exactly the same size coz they screwed it up too). Yet the new one is fatter (i wrote the aod message as comparison), u can count the pixels if u dont believe me (roughly 294pixels wide->old - 310pixels wide->new with even smaller font size). U can just look at the "n" to realize how much nonsense u're talking about here. Bye.

old nice font
new kak font
You mean this font? Seems pretty similar to the old nice font

http://nl.tinypic.com/r/2l9o9hc/8

Friday, October 17th 2014, 8:09pm

Mapz

Trainee

No, that is exactly the new kak one. Cant u really see that it's like 15% wider or even more? Really, i think u're just trolling me.

Friday, October 17th 2014, 8:30pm

Guza

Intermediate

You installed new Arial font, somehow. Maybe with Office or what ever.
Game uses your fonts if set on that style.

Edit: And fonts arent blurry at all. Fonts on your first picture are not properly displayed, they are too squished.
I had fonts like that when I installed some old MS Office.
Fonts on your 2nd picture looks better and thats how the font should be like.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Guza" (Oct 17th 2014, 8:49pm)

Friday, October 17th 2014, 8:57pm

Mapz

Trainee

i have a dedicated computer for allods only. nothing new has been installed there in ages. and it happened exactly after last downtime+patching, so stop finding excuses. they changed the font on the patch, and it sucks. now, i'm asking ppl:is there anything i can do about it? if u dont know, save ur own time and mine and avoid posting here. thanks

Friday, October 17th 2014, 9:56pm

If you insist on being impolite you kind of deserve to be trolled. The old font you have made my eyes bleed by the way.

Friday, October 17th 2014, 10:47pm

Guza

Intermediate

I guess then they had a font fix then to use proper font. And no you cant change font in the game =p

Friday, October 17th 2014, 11:49pm

lmao, multiple peoples fonts changed after the patch

Saturday, October 18th 2014, 11:11am

@Mapz
with the photos now i can say that the "new" font screen you posted is what it always was for non-english client

i have seen many screenshots from american players and non-american ones and it seems that english client now has the same font as the others had

however the non english clients now again have another font, i think thats because of the fact that the old font could not display arabic letter properly

this whole discussion shows that it would be nice to give ppl an option to use whatever font they want...

@Guza
i think its interesting how some ppl actually like the 2nd (blurry) picture of me more (look at the zoomed part, there are blue and red pixels within BLACK letters, wtf)
obviously thats some kind of personal preference...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Oct 18th 2014, 1:11pm)

Saturday, October 18th 2014, 12:50pm

Mapz

Trainee

If you insist on being impolite you kind of deserve to be trolled. The old font you have made my eyes bleed by the way.

I'm not being impolite at all, i just have very little tolerance span when i have a problem and people like you assume i'm too stupid to change font or font size. Still u're not being of any help here, so i cant understand why u keep posting even.

Tuesday, October 21st 2014, 10:51am

Oshi

Trainee

This chat problem is a big problem, i mean, i need to use glasses to read the drama now, bcz all so blurry.
:) :) :)