You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 17th 2014, 7:08pm

Ecto Mystery

Has anyone found out what the heck is up with Ecto Form and Body yet?

Because so long as you have even 1 less HP then 100% HP you get something like 220% more damage absorption with the spell.

And that's with 0 Determination.

Monday, October 20th 2014, 5:26pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Must just be you are super OP!

...but we all already knew that. =P

Tuesday, October 21st 2014, 5:38pm

Ìt's the same thing with the paladin barrier. It doubles if you've taken any damage. Why I don't know but it's kinda awesome.

Tuesday, October 21st 2014, 9:21pm

öhm well not sure if it should double it^^ but with the new stat system the lower your life is the bigger should be barrier be cause of brutality^^ at the same time if you recently got damage you have 100% determination which will boost your barrier even further^^ i have seen psi barriers for over 250% of their life if they use it on low life

Tuesday, October 21st 2014, 9:40pm

öhm well not sure if it should double it^^ but with the new stat system the lower your life is the bigger should be barrier be cause of brutality^^ at the same time if you recently got damage you have 100% determination which will boost your barrier even further^^ i have seen psi barriers for over 250% of their life if they use it on low life

i thought it was to do with brutality too at 1st, but when i tested it seems it does NOT affect the shield

Tuesday, October 21st 2014, 11:01pm

i thought it was to do with brutality too at 1st, but when i tested it seems it does NOT affect the shield
Well, perhaps you should go test it again, mr Allods-online-player. Brutality increases the effect of the "unknown boost" we receive when our hp drops below 100%, but it won't affect Ecto when you are at full hp.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tele" (Oct 21st 2014, 11:11pm)

Friday, October 24th 2014, 11:56pm

Well, perhaps you should go test it again, mr Allods-online-player. Brutality increases the effect of the "unknown boost" we receive when our hp drops below 100%, but it won't affect Ecto when you are at full hp.

what i tested was ecto @ 100% HP
then lets mobs attack me and ecto again @ 90% HP

shield-points were the same

Saturday, October 25th 2014, 9:15am

Zitat von »Tele«

Zitat von »ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER«

This better be a lousy attempt of trolling :D

Use Ecto under 100% hp -> observe how much it absorbs -> wait 30 seconds -> pop a brutality potion and watch how much it absorbs again. Shouldn't be too complex, no? :D

Saturday, October 25th 2014, 2:32pm

Zitat von »Tele«

Zitat von »ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER«

This better be a lousy attempt of trolling :D

Use Ecto under 100% hp -> observe how much it absorbs -> wait 30 seconds -> pop a brutality potion and watch how much it absorbs again. Shouldn't be too complex, no? :D

i checked with 100% hp and with 90% hp

i did not check with higher brutality but same hp... i will test this as soon as i can, im curious myself about this

Sunday, January 4th 2015, 7:28am

So are these all the factors which determine how much damage absorption Ectoplasmic Form + Astral Body gives?

- Rank 3 Astral Body + 3 Egoism rubies (30% boost) would give the most damage absorption
- Increasing Determination stat increases damage absorption when hit
- Increasing Brutality stat increases damage absorption the lower your health goes

Would Vitality/Stamina (i.e. larger health pool) make your shield stronger?

It would be interesting to know all the factors which affect the damage absorption and find a way to optimize it.

Rate this thread