You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, November 13th 2014, 11:33am

Kuekas, i was answering Allods-player post.

5 years of bad reviews and people leaving...also coming, cause the game is good and it has changed a lot, i was playing when the cap lvl was 42, there was no "regular costumer" quest, was impossible to hit lvl 42 without spending real money on exp scrolls etc. This game didnt allways have the currency exchange mob, and the runes are pretty expensive. The game had became more and more F2P, still expensive in comparision with other games (i mean the f2p version).

But the real fact is that the companies who are taking care of the game dont do any kind of publicity of the game, there are no information, or neither advertisement on the social media, not even recruiting campaign. Just merging servers. I have read some people post saying the they found this game by accident...In the home page of the game you can not found the subscription anywhere.

Of course for tastes nothing written, and just choose the best server for your own taste.

I know when i must complain tho, i too know when praise and your text is 100% correct.

In fact, like F2P or P2P we all (except one well know "guy") speak the same: It lacks good commercial management. It always did, do and, hope it won't.

I play since lvl cap was 40 and yes, there were some improvements (i still remember the crabs in Gipat with level 1 runes :S). Tho the path is long and commercially speaking, Allods is at the beginning. The game itself is simply good and I've tried many games and always end back here like you said.
I, against all odds, "cried" for the subscription server to bring more people to a even more balance money/pleasure that we could take from the game. Not only me but almost everyone i ever talk about it (except ofc those reach wallets back there that invested time and money on the game). But what i see these days is when people got what they wanted, they left... It's like "Be careful with what you wish, you might get it..." I really understand people that prefers F2P and those who prefer P2P. Apart from Allods everyone goes from F2P (where you try) to P2P (where you play). They kept this version coz, for years, they trow trash into Cash SHop and people just bought it and F2P was always more profitable then the P2P and its clearly seen on patches where they trow dozens of new stuff into the game and nothing to SubSver that actually makes the difference. The only difference now (won't answer to any comment to people that never made endgame on both servers...) is that you go to an astral island (for example) and be expecting for the loot you want, and cool items from CS. I still remember the day i got the rhino at astral and i too, remember they day i bought it on F2P for 10 bucks...

Even this forum was trowed to the 100 different languages and one MOD for each (only because of bad management when they opened servers on 15 different countries...) and never (at least i didn't see) anyone from the game company writing in here answering to players complains, doubts or suggestions. The RU site have a "development" where people actually participates in the game.
Retired...
New life till 7.0

Thursday, November 13th 2014, 1:31pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

When you were 42 content were designed for level 40. So you went to heroic to obtain blue and epic , then GT to obtain legendary 40. When MI and AoD first appeared it was looting Epic 41 gear. that was equipeable by level 39. There werent any bg. and to do Jc you would need to go to gipat.

Exp scrolls? i dont remember thoses being in game atm , there was lion mount , Double Rep , Double Combat Glory , some Time givers for astral (+15min). Anyways best way to xp was to kill mobs in heroics and astral
Oh yeah, they were the half hour timed xp scrolls. Best xp scrolls they had were the ones that were between the half hour timed and the ones they had now. They use to scale with your level. This only getting 30 xp kinda sucks.

was impossible to hit lvl 42 without spending real money on exp scrolls etc.
Sorry but I must laugh at this. Not only was it POSSIBLE but it was also possible when you needed 13 million xp to get from 45 to 46. And even so, if you were actually F2P, it was so much easier to obtain cash shop items as it was 1:1 and 2:1 at the highest.
Even this forum was trowed to the 100 different languages and one MOD for each (only because of bad management when they opened servers on 15 different countries...) and never (at least i didn't see) anyone from the game company writing in here answering to players complains, doubts or suggestions. The RU site have a "development" where people actually participates in the game.
Unfortunately, it really don't seem like they care about anyone nor the population on any server but Russia.

Thursday, November 13th 2014, 2:32pm

Of course was possible...i just mean that take too long, now is so easy to lvl in p2p and f2p, but i remember myself grinding like a beast, and when the blue part of the exp bar went off just stop playing cause was a waste of time

Thursday, November 13th 2014, 3:00pm

i paid 1:5 on the euro server, and the regular customer quest did exist on 42 patch, cause i remember buying mount feed and incense from the people who were doing it because it wasnt bound.

Thursday, November 13th 2014, 3:04pm

Was in this patch, i remember doing that quest too and the ppl joy about the incense, was so long ago, and i cant remember it like if it happen yesterday, but more or less...

Thursday, November 13th 2014, 3:12pm

i find it hard to believe someone trading 1:1, that literally makes no sense. maybe on one of the na servers that exchange rate existed.

Thursday, November 13th 2014, 6:53pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

i find it hard to believe someone trading 1:1, that literally makes no sense. maybe on one of the na servers that exchange rate existed.
The 1:1 was mainly to guildmates from guildmates but every once in a blue moon you could find it in the ah.

Friday, November 14th 2014, 6:49pm

Yea, i play Allods only to have 22342934 mounts....

my answer was the answer to your question... did you forget what you wrote? well i will help you :)
Would you be stronger than anyone if you move a 250€ (or more) mount to P2P where you get it by just playing the game? Or paying 42€ for a year of play and get the same mounts you can get on 1000€ scam strongboxes for mounts?

Here low time

Here your an active player^^

i have only a few hours / day i can spend on this game (some days its even only a afew minutes)
but of course a few hours / minutes per day summarize over 2 years
so i have a high playtime in total at the 1st view, but not if you consider i play since 2 y now

Your just a fake, so no point on anything you say....

(sarcasm on) yes i am a hired PR agent, i buy all the cs stuff with my payment (/sarcasm off)

I can see you're "free player" by this comment... If you're free player you don't have 11runes and almost everything from Cash Shop!

i dont have level 11 runes, my runes are 888-777
also, the most cs items are affordable if you simply skip the ones with a bad price / performance rating
example? ruby page IV, talent points III, conclave IV, statpoints IV, holy weapon (current sale), carnifex III + IV, all the patronage skills, specs of light, potency elixiers, etc etc tc

Your not worth any discussion, time or anything.

i see that in your detailed quote ;)

Tuesday, November 18th 2014, 2:06am

If you only play from 2 years now, you can't really coment on the state of the game. Mmost of the people that you still have on this game are here since the first patch and we know what we talking about, we know the evolution that this game has done, how many people it had before and how much more enjoyable it was to play it. And don't come lie telling you didn't spend a cent on this game, no one really believes on your craps, so stop trying to put salt on a theme that everyone is agreed, only you don't :)

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 7:06am

They need to merg the two servers...

This game is old the p2w aspects aren't going to cut, but simply drive players away....

this is my opinion on it all though...

http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…46654#post46654

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 7:16am

I love seeing this in games

about 60% of all p2p players who buy boost items off cash shop in any game coming off a pay to play model have this same argument, and it doesn't even add up they are all just getting mad because they see players who actually take pride in the way gaming used to be there fore are able to come out on top and fully geared without putting a dime into a game...

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 8:29am

Oracle

Intermediate

about 60% of all p2p players who buy boost items off cash shop in any game coming off a pay to play model have this same argument, and it doesn't even add up they are all just getting mad because they see players who actually take pride in the way gaming used to be there fore are able to come out on top and fully geared without putting a dime into a game...

This game started off with the cash-shop model, the subscription option was added later, so it's not coming off a pay to play model. There is a "free" server, and a subscription server. Each server offers a different play style. The f2p Cash shop server has the option to purchase boosts, or play for free without them. However, you will find playing quite difficult without them. It does have the option to exchange gold for currency to buy cash shop items, so it is possible to play entirely for free if you have the time to farm a lot of gold. The p2p server was added later due to players asking for it. This server doesn't have any of the pay-to-win boosts that exist in the f2p server such as runes, patronage 5, elixirs, PvP mounts and so on. You receive everything by playing the game. You can buy basic mounts and bags for gold, and get better ones through raiding and astral. Which you decide to play on depends on your budget and play style really. The subscription price for this game is really good value for the quality, especially when compared with other games of this genre, however the cash shop prices on the f2p server can be a little more contentious, especially when it comes to the gambling side (strongboxes, prophetic cards, magic mosaic etc.).

As for the initial post, it's unlikely that it would ever happen. Someone could start on the f2p server, boost themselves up in levels and gear, and then switch over to the sub server, thus resulting in them having a possible advantage over players on the subscription server. In 6.0 it is possible to exchange fabled gear for the new gear, with enchanted weapons giving a blue quality level 66 weapon with blue glyphs. How do you think the population on the sub server will react to people swapping over with this gear? while most on the sub server haven't reached that level of equipment yet. Furthermore, if you've spent a ton of money boosting your f2p character, you're not going to want to pay to lose all that.

Perhaps it sounds like a good idea to begin with, but once you think more deeply you can see why it is very unlikely to be added, and could possibly cause upset in the p2p community.

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 8:54am

Marco

Intermediate

This game is old the p2w aspects aren't going to cut, but simply drive players away....

this is my opinion on it all though...

http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…46654#post46654

An old game dont need to be bad . Look at WoW. It was released 2005 and still does well with the Sub Server. And i am one the the MMO players out there that thinks the whole style and Charme of Allods nearly is on the same niveau as WoW..if not even greater.

Just look on the Spell effects and the Astral Environment or the map View and the Char view and the main City Look. WoW and Allods are the only Games out there that offer such a Map View + Allods has a automove ( not always useful).

If Allods Subscription would be more known around the world or if Allods would have started with a pay to play Server fro the beginning it surely would have a quarter of the WoW Population. 2-3 Million players in EU / NA .

And Allods already would have mcuh more Improvements and possibilities....I am Very Serious about what i am saying ;).

I Have played WoW 5 years ;)

Greetings

Taleron

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 11:15am

Gramarye

Professional

To take ur expample wow isnt like allods. Blizzard overworks their game based on communitys opinion so that the players will like it. In allods...meh :/
I just cant see this here. Since 3 Years we have the same stupid time intense gearing system dont care about the time ppl have to do all The other content they added until now which would motivate enough to play the game. I dont want to talk about p2w (got boring) but why i should go to p2p for having fun/More fairness if theres still this gear-system eating ur soul like breakfast???!!!!

I know that if theyre looking for someones opinion they will ask russians but its hard to believe that they having fun with it...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gramarye" (Dec 10th 2014, 11:20am)

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 11:24am

An old game dont need to be bad . Look at WoW. It was released 2005 and still does well with the Sub Server. And i am one the the MMO players out there that thinks the whole style and Charme of Allods nearly is on the same niveau as WoW..if not even greater.

I kinda disagree with this. WoW started out very good but degenerated way too much over time, around 2011 it was a completely different and a BAD game in my opinion.

To take ur expample wow isnt like allods. Blizzard overworks their game based on communitys opinion so that the players will like it. In allods...meh :/

And look at WoW now. It's a financial success but a miserable entertainment value failure. If that's what listening to community means, then no thanks, I don't want that here.

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 1:20pm

Achilles

Intermediate

And look at WoW now. It's a financial success but a miserable entertainment value failure. If that's what listening to community means, then no thanks, I don't want that here.

Guessing you haven't played the latest expansion then? Most of the WoW community would disagree, I've not seen so much good feedback from an expansion since TBC which is pretty impressive given the state of their previous 2 expansions.

Either way it doesn't really matter. What matters is given the right publicity, the right support and if the devs actually listened to the community a lot more, Allods could of been on par with WoW in popularity. Most I think would agree Allods is an incredible game with very good story and features. It was just marketed and published completely wrong IMO.
Achilles | Mage | Avarice
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▌█▀█─█─█─▀█▀─▀█▀─█─█─█─█─█▀█─▀█▀▐
▌█▀▄─█─█──█───█──█▀█─█─█─█▀▄──█─▐
▌▀▀▀─▀▀▀──▀───▀──▀─▀─▀▀▀─▀─▀──▀─▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 1:59pm

Marco

Intermediate

Chrismal Present for Allods and Players soon

Hello,

Taleron here,

I have a great chrismas present for Allods and for the players playing it ;).

It will be a big surprise as it was for me ;)

I guess i will unfold it tommorrow or in two days ;)

I hope you all have a happy Chrismas Time,

Merry Chrismas for you, Allods :D

I am sooooo happy ;)

Greetings

Taleron

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 2:06pm

Hello,

Taleron here,

I have a great chrismas present for Allods and for the players playing it ;).
Don't tell me! Reputation LM????? :P

Avo

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Avozinho" (Dec 10th 2014, 2:13pm)

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 2:54pm

Gramarye

Professional

Quoted

Haha! watever...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gramarye" (Dec 10th 2014, 2:59pm)

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 3:13pm

Achilles

Intermediate

Quoted

Haha! watever...

Up until their latest xpac Warlords of Dreanor, the game was a financial success but as Dala rightfully put, was a miserable entertainment value failure. Only an idiot would deny it.
Achilles | Mage | Avarice
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌█▀█─█─█─▀█▀─▀█▀─█─█─█─█─█▀█─▀█▀▐
▌█▀▄─█─█──█───█──█▀█─█─█─█▀▄──█─▐
▌▀▀▀─▀▀▀──▀───▀──▀─▀─▀▀▀─▀─▀──▀─▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Rate this thread