You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, December 8th 2014, 12:33pm

Achilles

Intermediate

Quoted

Tell me what you think an optimal time frame is on a problem that has been highlighted several times both as tickets and forum posts? I sure as hell don't count 12 days and waiting for a reply on a ticket about payment issues as optimal.

Firstly, note that you are comparing a post made regarding a long-standing unified server event-debate, to an individual ticket. Regarding individual tickets (especially on priority matters such as Transfer Problems, Payment Problems etc), I've been more than happy to work with many people whom had been at the brunt of queue times - and encourage people who are experiencing long waits to get in touch with their respective CM's, who are often more than accommodating when it comes to trying to help priority issues ahead of time when they can.

Cordially,
Mhul

Oh you misunderstood. I wasn't comparing the two issues, I was asking what you think is an optimal time frame on something I've brought up in a ticket and as forum posts before with regards to my active game time on P2P. I can understand that the customer support isn't going to be as good as that on WoW and respective games but 12 days is just too much.

I can honestly say I've never had a good experience dealing with customer support of this game. It either takes weeks and weeks for a reply, which hasn't always been the answer I was looking for, or I just don't get a reply at all which has happened with the past 2 tickets I've sent in.
Achilles | Mage | Avarice
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▌█▀█─█─█─▀█▀─▀█▀─█─█─█─█─█▀█─▀█▀▐
▌█▀▄─█─█──█───█──█▀█─█─█─█▀▄──█─▐
▌▀▀▀─▀▀▀──▀───▀──▀─▀─▀▀▀─▀─▀──▀─▐
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Monday, December 8th 2014, 1:57pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

I've been more than happy to work with many people whom had been at the brunt of queue times - and encourage people who are experiencing long waits to get in touch with their respective CM's, who are often more than accommodating when it comes to trying to help priority issues ahead of time when they can.

Cordially,
Mhul
A lot of people don't even come to the forum/website except to send a ticket, having to get in touch with their respective CM might be a bit of an inconvenience to them especially if their time playing the game is limited. We are use to having our tickets answered in a matter of a couple of days not weeks/months and that is without having to contact a CM about it.

Monday, December 8th 2014, 7:21pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Points taken,

I can't personally comment on optimal time frames as that would be based on an opinion, considering I do not handle tickets - and there'd be no official version given all tickets are case by case and subject to time alteration based on priority, queue, workload, server etc

I'll add ticket times to the feedback list and we can try to approach it in the New Year alongside the other suggestions.

In the meantime, some basic advice -- be mindful of timing, given tickets opened during or shortly after major
patches are often slightly delayed for obvious reasons, and it is best not to reply to ones own ticket (such as attempting to 'bump' it -- something even I have done before) as this has a reverse effect. Be sure to keep tickets as precise and informative as possible before submission and, if possible (especially on priority matters or tickets of which people have waited a few days) - do consider getting in touch with your respective CM about it.

Outside of that, thank you for all the views thus far. I'll be keeping an eye on the thread for more as time moves onward.

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 2:24am

In the spirit of giving the dev staff actual ideas they could impliment into the game, I'd like to bump this thread:

http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…46648#post46648

It feels like a very cool and original idea that would breathe some more life into the game. Obviously there would be some issues with implimenting the class, but I feel that the end result, the "Artist" class, could be awesome.
It's always morning somewhere in the world.

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 5:50am

Die Antwoord

Intermediate

Thanks Prep for you boost on my idea :)
Smugglers Paradise

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 6:58am

Merg servers/ remove any pay to win/pay to be quick options

Title basically explains what they should but probably wont do... Idk why game devs do it, it's like its essential now that they add a pay to win feature or pay to be quick, As soon as those features are added into games a large percent of players leave... because it's unfair not everyone has nor wants to pay money to be faster or have better gear in a game, which makes it unfair for those players who don't have the money or a way to purchase cash shop items, and no its not essential that they do that to make money to keep the game open, they should just do as i said and then rework the cash shop with stuff like Legendary pets/mounts/Titles/pet/mount overrides/ but no cosmetic character/gear overrides but instead offer a larger variety of gear design in the game.. this is my opinion of a successful free to play game, and its all over the internet, people don't mind spending money on games, but they want to do so in a way that doesn't make the game unfair for other players or faster for them selves.. and i've seen many people talking about how they have quit games that have cash shop boost/high tier gear you can purchase... but sadly game devs do not care for the gaming community's opinions... and they are all getting extremely greedy and money hungry just like g1......

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 8:12am

Die Antwoord

Intermediate

Thats why I and others players enjoy pay to play, no cash shop just enjoying the game and no fast gearing like you can do in f2p, sure its not as active right now but its getting there. I do however like your idea to have different types of gear, sure you can have costumes but back when the level cap was 40 to 47 everyone had gear that looks different.
Smugglers Paradise

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 8:24am

Quoted

people don't mind spending money on games, but they want to do so in a way that doesn't make the game unfair for other players or faster for them selves

I think this overstates people's wish to be altruistic. Sure, some people are just like you say, but there's plenty of others, including our very own AOP (for example, by his own words no less) who *enjoy* having a crushing advantage. OK, AOP's theory is that he won't pay cash money for this advantage, but not all games allow that to happen. (See e.g. SWTOR where there is no gold<->boutique-money exchange at all, or RoM where - when I played it a couple of years ago - there was a sharply limited exchange which would net you a maximum of 15 crystals per day.)
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 8:24am

Thats why I and others players enjoy pay to play, no cash shop just enjoying the game and no fast gearing like you can do in f2p, sure its not as active right now but its getting there. I do however like your idea to have different types of gear, sure you can have costumes but back when the level cap was 40 to 47 everyone had gear that looks different.
Yeah, this is why most games who convert to free to play lose players rather than gain.. Aion is probably the most successful p2p to f2p game that have ever converted... It's still full of players, and has plenty of new content and constant updates.. and no items in the cash shop that give you a big gain over other players, they do how ever have boxes that might give you some items for crafting but its rare... and they make a ton of money because they come out with a new mount or wing design every month... and for this game they could come out with a new ship design every month... But either way its almost a guarantee that is cash shop in game advantages are removed and the game is advertised or opened on steam.. people will player how ever with a steam conversion if they kept the in game advantage stuff on the cash shop it would get a ton of negative reviews just like all free to players games that have that feature do.

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 8:57am

Marco

Intermediate

Yeah, this is why most games who convert to free to play lose players rather than gain.. Aion is probably the most successful p2p to f2p game that have ever converted... It's still full of players, and has plenty of new content and constant updates.. and no items in the cash shop that give you a big gain over other players, they do how ever have boxes that might give you some items for crafting but its rare... and they make a ton of money because they come out with a new mount or wing design every month... and for this game they could come out with a new ship design every month... But either way its almost a guarantee that is cash shop in game advantages are removed and the game is advertised or opened on steam.. people will player how ever with a steam conversion if they kept the in game advantage stuff on the cash shop it would get a ton of negative reviews just like all free to players games that have that feature do.

Closely followed by RIFT MMO with 14 servers in EU and NA ;)

Taleron

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 9:36am

Oracle

Intermediate

Yeah, this is why most games who convert to free to play lose players rather than gain.. Aion is probably the most successful p2p to f2p game that have ever converted...

I already said it on your other post, but Allods has not converted from p2p to f2p. It started f2p, and added a p2p option later. The f2p server here came first, while subscription was added last year.

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 7:07pm

because it's unfair not everyone has nor wants to pay money to be faster or have better gear in a game, which makes it unfair for those players who don't have the money or a way to purchase cash shop items

this would be true for allods if there would be NO currency exchange

people don't mind spending money on games

actually i do, especially if i only get virtual goods for my real $ and if i am dependent on the server to play

but they want to do so in a way that doesn't make the game unfair for other players or faster for them selves

also completely wrong, i enjoy beeing powerful and i also enjoy "unfair" battles (in war there is no fairness anyway, and allods is about the war empire vs league)

but sadly game devs do not care for the gaming community's opinions...

i guess thats because those wo express their wishes and opinion are not a majority
most likely the most players are just happy as it is and are busy playing instead writing on the forum like us :P

I think this overstates people's wish to be altruistic

i think so too

including our very own AOP (for example, by his own words no less) who *enjoy* having a crushing advantage

exactly
plus most players who enjoy this feeling are not the type of player who enjoy writing and discussing on forums ;)

OK, AOP's theory is that he won't pay cash money for this advantage, but not all games allow that to happen.

correct, i would never spend real money for virtual goods
i think they should be earned by virtual gold and not real gold (money)
games which offer "necessary" / "unpleasent to skip" content only for $ and nothing else are those wich are not worth even trying, at least for me
btw if all players would have the same mentality as me there would be no "pay to win", there would only be PLAY to win
but most likely the server would not exist too then, because the server is not run by virtual gold :P

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Dec 10th 2014, 7:17pm)

Tuesday, December 23rd 2014, 3:43pm

IAmGroot

Professional

• "IAmGroot" started this thread

I am just here to make sure this post does not become forgotten. :)

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 5:27am

Why not extend the game

Greetings to all,

If the game is going down in active players, why not add new content?

Many MMORPG's have, what you call, LIFE-skills. Or a SANDBOX-mode, create your own house (ALLOD).

This will make the game more attractive, for old and new players.

Jehro Kahn, Netherlands

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 6:55am

freestile

Professional

Creating your own allod is already possible ;) but the quest is very long (i started it one year ago and i'm in the 14th step :(

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 8:37am

Quoted

Creating your own allod is already possible

Read more carefully. Jehro said:

Quoted

create your own house (ALLOD).

By any sane measure (and most insane measures), the Personal Allod is not MMORPG housing.

An MMORPG house is a safe place where I can go to hang out, maybe (if it is relevant to the game's structure - see e.g. Runes of Magic) do some crafting without half the playerbase watching and asking me to craft X or Y or Z object, access bank-type storage, etc. Visitors to my house are friends (and occasionally random idiots who can look-but-not-steal).

The Personal Allod is a mini-dungeon that the owner constructs and manages. Visitors are, basically, burglars.

So, no, the Personal Allod is not, in any normal, sane sense of the term, player housing.

(Further note on player housing: in games that have it in a proper sense, acquisition is trivial. Runes of Magic gives away (for free!) a basic one-room house to anyone who asks for it (theoretically possible at level 1, if you are good at dodging foes or have a friend of at least level 7-8 ). SWTOR sells player housing to level 15+ characters, but the cheapest one is easily within the reach of level 15 characters. Compare this to the Personal Allod quest series, which takes many months.)
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 9:41am

Edit: Honestly...we need something done.

Forget it... This game only have changes in Cash Shop not in game... Same old crap: more 5 levels, more money or months spent to have epics (lol) and then... nothing more...

The cash shop, the way things are handled, the bugs, the amount of time necessary for farming...

Same... They just care about Cash Shop. It's the "shut up and take my money" that players had that lead here. The only change on that will be when they don't receive more money and shut down the game for good.

We have done our brainstorming, we have shared our ideas, we have let everyone know what we think could/would improve this game. I understand, as CMs/GMs...your "power" is limited, but you are the closest thing to the developers. You need to be constantly relaying our ideas to them. We cannot speak to them. We cannot send them specifically a message. That is what YOU are there for.

I understand that is not easy this role. Tho i don't understand why do we kept back like we can speak to mortals with political roles when we need to speak to gods in Olympus. We need MODs, GM, but most of all, have their feedback!!!!
If My.Com took the game, it have to support it, the fact that they took it, get the monthly fee and that's, it's discussing. No even an HTML they bother to do mentioning P2P or advertise it in MMORPG, Steam, Youtube... lol even little browser games do it... This is the most incompetent way of work.

-My.com seems "incompetent" in a sense.

Exactly. Explained previous quote my opinion.

The upgrade costs and requirements are unreasonable (especially on p2p) and a lot of the time (except on our raiding weekend) the game can feel really repetetive and boring.

It would be if there is any difference between the way you gear in P2P and F2P. The F2P is made for you to spend the most and get it faster and then, your the best. P2P you need to do the same but ages for it since the money you need for everything in endgame is insane now without any other possibility ingame. They insist in not giving a mount (or one really cheap for level 5 on a quest or someting (no, not the 1 hour horse...)). They started the server and they thought "ohh we are so smart, we duplicate the F2P, name it P2P, and people pay to have the same and not a single advantage coz PEOPLE REALLY PAY TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!! It's not free so in free to play you have to farm like a maniac BECAUSE ITS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is not making it easier. F2P you want to go faster, pay for it on P2P is the same to everyone tho, the same as those who don't pay in F2P (but can't do nothing in first 2 years besides getting easily killed).

This is so laughable it isn't even funny. No, it isn't easy, and no, (in a reasonable time-frame) it isn't possible for everyone. It costs so much to use the upgraders (and hire mercs, and ...) that I'd have to spend more time grinding out gold with inferior gear than I would spend gathering the upgraders themselves.

According to someone with full CS items that's not true. And mind that he knows everything and he is the only that is right in here... I can't mention his name but think on something brown that people do in toilets and u'll see it....

Have no fear - this is being looked into.

Man, i truly hope so. Tho i hope that this isn't one of those projects that takes years, and studies, and meetings and so on, but the work, never happens... the biggest proof of incompetence advertising this game is what really makes me feel sad reading posts on this forum of players about what they are doing to show the world that there is a game like Allods.
The only useful thing that we should do would be to complain to Mail.Ru but like their patches and no new content, they wouldn't care about it so...

btw if all players would have the same mentality as me there would be no "pay to win", there would only be PLAY to win
finally you speak about P2P... u'r so nab...
Retired...
New life till 7.0

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 11:15am

but most likely the server would not exist too then, because the server is not run by virtual gold :P

Even if the server was guaranteed to run, the exchange rate would reach unacceptable values VERY fast resulting in an unplayable game after a year or even less. Think something like p2p with everything 3-4 times as expensive in gold.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jan 8th 2015, 11:26am)

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 10:12pm

Even if the server was guaranteed to run, the exchange rate would reach unacceptable values VERY fast resulting in an unplayable game after a year or even less. Think something like p2p with everything 3-4 times as expensive in gold.

basically a p2p but with ALL the items from shop just for gold from a NPC or something, yeah
or a "fixed" exchangerate

(but i think a "play to win server" will never exist anyway, official at least)

Wednesday, March 18th 2015, 8:49pm

Taoparagon

Beginner

okay so here's a thought.
given that the forums are filled with some amount of good ideas but about 10 times more hating and a small amount of trolling,
why dont the community select a handfull of people that hangs out in both forums and in the game. 5 from f2p and 5 from p2p.
(can be a bigger group, im just wingin' it here)
these people would be the voice between GM/CM and the people.
they see the problems in game, they hear the complaints frequently and they even experience them themselves.
This could go about a similar way as to how the thanksgiving event used to be (a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away).
The people (community) elects their emissaries and these emissaries filter out what is sheit and what isnt.
then they bring them up as a priority to GM/CM.
anything from improvements, ideas, suggestions, to actual generall issues and bugs and the current state of mind among the player base
in short.
could even work it into a monthly update between the community and the GM/CM.
ANYTHING from keeping the game growing too stagnant, from getting too much rage from the people, from getting new players from leaving, from getting old players still playing from leaving.
Groot, for instance, is allready doing this (in his own way) and has been since the dawn of apekind!!
I know Zurion keeps his feelers out frequently too.
but then, this is just my personal perspective on things, just puttin it out there for the rest of yall to ignore ^_^ PEACE!!!