You are not logged in.

Friday, January 30th 2015, 10:23am

jihadmaster, how can allods alow this nickname?

all is there, congratulations for team to allow this

Friday, January 30th 2015, 11:21am

because the word has a perfectly ordinary meaning ("struggle"), and historically referred to all sorts of struggle, even purely internal, spiritual ones (tests of faith and suchlike). All, of course, in an Islamic context. Now, in a non-Islamic context, it refers to, well, what we see in the world today.

This process, of bad meanings driving out good ones, occurs in all languages. A good 100% English-language example is "discriminate", a perfectly ordinary word with the perfectly ordinary meaning of telling things apart and separating them. Or the politically charged meaning of doing this to people on ostensibly irrelevant criteria. This second meaning has driven out the first.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Friday, January 30th 2015, 11:22am

But yes, in the current climate, that name is just a teeny, tiny bit tasteless and insensitive...
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Friday, January 30th 2015, 11:37am

People that come to the forum and say stuff like:

He is insulting my prophet !!!!
He has this name that insults my religion!!!!
etc.

Are people that brainwashed by their social environment, and are bounded to believe stuff from a time where people believed the earth was square.

So i think people should open their eyes a little bit and consider that in the world that are more then 1 set of beliefs.

Friday, January 30th 2015, 12:00pm

Gramarye

Professional

Much more important: Why is the german word for "ham" banned???!!!

Friday, January 30th 2015, 5:34pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Much more important: Why is the german word for "ham" banned???!!!

Because it contains a derogatory term for Chinese people. No, I am not even kidding, I am certain that is the reason. It just goes to show how silly censorship actually gets, when a perfect fine and ordinary word is banned because in ANOTHER LANGUAGE that word contains PART of another word that just so happens to be insulting.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Friday, January 30th 2015, 5:57pm

IAmGroot

Professional

This is the 2nd complaint of name calling and "bad language" I've seen on the forum in less than 24 hours.
When did parents start letting their 10 year old children on the computers to play games not rated for them?

Sheesh lol, grow up everyone...

As I stated in the last one...
If you're going to be a child... go play Hello Kitty Online.

Edit:

This thread is a complaint essentially like if someone had the name "GingerSkinner."
I am a ginger (red head with pale skin and freckles with no soul) and I can honestly say...
Dude...it's the internet...anyone can say and be anything on the internet. I have heard many many many times in counterstrike, and dota that people are going to kill my family, f*** my mother, etc. It's all literally meaningless babble... just shrug your shoulders and ignore it...

Friday, January 30th 2015, 6:03pm

to say it harsh,
his name is non of your business

to say it not harsh,
i dont see why there is a problem with this name...
"In Arabic, the word jihād is a noun meaning "struggle" or "resisting" " ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad
its very fitting for this game... empire and league are fighting in asee-teph and this is also calld a holy war, the both factions put a lot of effort in and they are resisting each others attacks

so dont get crazy here just because of a name...

and I can honestly say...
Dude...it's the internet...anyone can say and be anything on the internet. I have heard many many many times in counterstrike, and dota that people are going to kill my family, f*** my mother, etc. It's all literally meaningless babble... just shrug your shoulders and ignore it...

i totally agree here!

Friday, January 30th 2015, 6:08pm

Others before me explained why the name is allowed.

Also, if you have a problem with a certain player, please submit a ticket, don't post on the forum.

Saturday, January 31st 2015, 10:38pm

TitanOfOrc

Beginner

to end to 'nickname'' conversation

i well make it short and fast
every person have freedom to do a nickname only if it insult a religion
for the theard about the name jihad
as an islamic
the word jihad have a holy meaning and it s used when someoone defend his religion or country
so it s not forbidding
so don t make conversations about somthing you don t really understang the meannig of or the reason
thx for reading

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 4:04am

Hello,

@mamloukGP7 : Thank you for your explanation.
Your message was merged with the original thread, so that everything is in one place :).
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online

Rate this thread