You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 20th 2014, 10:22pm

i wasnt aware there was a newer version, im still using the latest version UI9 had before ui9 shut down lol.
Sailoryue: lvl 60 Bard
Painkiller: lvl 50 Healer
Palpatine: Lvl 45 Psi (ret)
Mereda: lvl 53 scout (ret)
(anonymous): lvl 55 Paladin (RET)

Friday, March 21st 2014, 7:46am

i wasnt aware there was a newer version, im still using the latest version UI9 had before ui9 shut down lol.

That's old :D Follow the link in the post. It'll take you to alloder.pro, where you can find the latest version and it works.

Friday, March 21st 2014, 1:09pm

The new notifytrink does not work for me.
Is there any old version that might work?
I

Friday, March 21st 2014, 2:17pm

The new notifytrink does not work for me.
Is there any old version that might work?

I just realised it doesn't work either. I don't know of any fix, but I'll take a look at the code.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zurion" (Jul 1st 2014, 7:05pm)

Friday, March 21st 2014, 2:49pm

my notify trink wqorks just fine o.o i could upload mine to a site if you want? (i never updated it btw)
Sailoryue: lvl 60 Bard
Painkiller: lvl 50 Healer
Palpatine: Lvl 45 Psi (ret)
Mereda: lvl 53 scout (ret)
(anonymous): lvl 55 Paladin (RET)

Friday, March 21st 2014, 3:50pm

JohnsonCase

Beginner

Yeah thanks you Zurion! :) Do you remember me yet?

Friday, March 21st 2014, 4:36pm

Oracle

Intermediate

For notify trink you have to localise it. Go to your addons folder, open Notify Trink, open Scripts folder and open the NotifyTrink.lua file (you can use notepad) and where it says local "LightName =" and local "DarkName =" replace that with this:

local LightName = "Light Aspiration"
local DarkName = "Dark Aspiration"

That should fix it :)

Friday, March 21st 2014, 6:43pm

Yeah thanks you Zurion! :) Do you remember me yet?

Sorry, but I don't :(
For notify trink you have to localise it. Go to your addons folder, open Notify Trink, open Scripts folder and open the NotifyTrink.lua file (you can use notepad) and where it says local "LightName =" and local "DarkName =" replace that with this:

local LightName = "Light Aspiration"
local DarkName = "Dark Aspiration"

That should fix it :)

Yes, that's it. I can't believe I forgot about this thing :))

Friday, March 21st 2014, 8:34pm

Stickied by request.

just a general reminder though, While we are happy for the creation and the use of these addons, we will come down heavily on the use of addons which abuse any exploits or bugs etc.

-Wraith
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Friday, March 21st 2014, 8:39pm

Stickied by request.

just a general reminder though, While we are happy for the creation and the use of these addons, we will come down heavily on the use of addons which abuse any exploits or bugs etc.

-Wraith

We had some discussion about SetMyTakrik. Is accepting and declining a quest via an addon abuse? It is just using the functions and methods defined in the ModDocs published allongside the game, so I would assume it's not.

Friday, March 21st 2014, 8:50pm

Stickied by request.

-Wraith

We had some discussion about SetMyTakrik. Is accepting and declining a quest via an addon abuse? It is just using the functions and methods defined in the ModDocs published allongside the game, so I would assume it's not.

Thanks for making it stickie :)

About SetMyTkarik.. As you said, it's using functions that are present in the API, and it doesn't give an advantage. It just makes things faster. I'd rather worry about Sniper addons. Those do give an advantage. And even if you can't see the location of players through walls (like we used to do in Allods 2.0), it's use is still controversial.

Friday, March 21st 2014, 9:03pm

fido333

Beginner

Hey guys , it might be a stupid question , but how do I install add ons with the new patch?
I dont know what to do , thanks.
Ingame name : Stevchenco , Paladin , currently lvl 60
Big fan of FC Barcelona

Visca el Barça! :love:

Friday, March 21st 2014, 9:12pm

Hey guys , it might be a stupid question , but how do I install add ons with the new patch?
I dont know what to do , thanks.

And this is one of the reason I regret that the NA forum closed before I could save some stuff.
TO install addons, you have to copy them into the Addons folder. You can locate the folder at Allods Online/data/Mods/Addons, assuming Allods Online is the folder where you installed the game.
After you copy the addons there, start the game, press the Escape button to enter the menu, and you should see an "Addons" option. Click on that, and then click on "Enable". You should see a list of installed addons there.
I made a video of it when 4.0 came, maybe it'll help.

Reminder to self: never ever narate videos again :D

Friday, March 21st 2014, 9:23pm

Stickied by request.

-Wraith

About SetMyTkarik.. As you said, it's using functions that are present in the API, and it doesn't give an advantage. It just makes things faster. I'd rather worry about Sniper addons. Those do give an advantage. And even if you can't see the location of players through walls (like we used to do in Allods 2.0), it's use is still controversial.

I'll admit to being new to the addon scene, but yes, as Zurion says, something which saves a click or two should be ok, its the things that give an unfair advantage over everyone else, or uses bugs that we are against (his example of the sniper addon being a good one).

-Wraith
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Friday, March 21st 2014, 9:30pm

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

Stickied by request.

-Wraith

I'll admit to being new to the addon scene, but yes, as Zurion says, something which saves a click or two should be ok, its the things that give an unfair advantage over everyone else, or uses bugs that we are against (his example of the sniper addon being a good one).

-Wraith
I remember sniper didnt work at some old patch but then russian players complained about it and developers made them to work again so i dont see anything wrong here
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

Friday, March 21st 2014, 9:34pm

I remember sniper didnt work at some old patch but then russian players complained about it and developers made them to work again so i dont see anything wrong here

And that's exactly the reason I said such addons are controversial instead od saying that they should be removed. There are arguments for both sides. These kind of addons will always be loved and hated at the same time.

Friday, March 21st 2014, 11:49pm

Hey, since you listed TargetsManager as working and free I just gave it a try, downloaded it and AddonsTools, copied the hotfix, but all i get is spam in the log file:

Source code

Error: addon TargetsManager: Error while running the chunk
Error: addon TargetsManager:   TargetsManager.lua:1575: attempt to call field `GetFaction' (a nil value)
Error: addon TargetsManager:   func: GetFaction, field, line: -1, defined: C, line: -1, [C]
Error: addon TargetsManager: 	func: getAllInfo, global, line: 1575, defined: Lua, line: 1549, TargetsManager.lua
Error: addon TargetsManager:   	func: ?, ?, line: 1651, defined: Lua, line: 1648, TargetsManager.lua
Error: addon TargetsManager:     	func: ?, ?, line: 1922, defined: Lua, line: 1918, TargetsManager.lua

Am i really the only one with that problem? :huh:

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 12:16am

Hey, since you listed TargetsManager as working and free I just gave it a try, downloaded it and AddonsTools, copied the hotfix, but all i get is spam in the log file:

Source code

Error: addon TargetsManager: Error while running the chunk
Error: addon TargetsManager:   TargetsManager.lua:1575: attempt to call field `GetFaction' (a nil value)
Error: addon TargetsManager:   func: GetFaction, field, line: -1, defined: C, line: -1, [C]
Error: addon TargetsManager: 	func: getAllInfo, global, line: 1575, defined: Lua, line: 1549, TargetsManager.lua
Error: addon TargetsManager:   	func: ?, ?, line: 1651, defined: Lua, line: 1648, TargetsManager.lua
Error: addon TargetsManager:     	func: ?, ?, line: 1922, defined: Lua, line: 1918, TargetsManager.lua

Am i really the only one with that problem? :huh:

Well, it is working, even if it spams the log file. GetFaction() doesn't exist anymore, that's why it's crying. I'll try to fix it somehow, but the files are encrypted..

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 1:53am

Sorry, i guess I didn't make myself clear.
A 5MB Logfile consisting of these errors is all I get as relevant output from this addon.
I can access the settings and the UI seems to work, but if there is something displayed then it's only a dummy element for each panel - no picture, white background, no text.
Maybe I shouldn't have completely reinstalled Allods with the new Launcher since it was working before .. ? :S

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 8:16am

Oracle

Intermediate

No don't worry, it's not your fault. The addon itself is broken because one of the functions it used has now been removed from the game. There's nothing you can do but wait for Zuri or the addon's creator to fix it I'm afraid.