You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 4:29am

New Player

Hey all. I'm downloading the game right now because it looked interesting enough to give a try. Figured asking people who've been playing would be the best way to get information. So... here are my questions:

1. How do the 2 factions interact?

2. Are any classes real heavy on crowd control?

3. How p2w (and new player friendly) is the game?

4. How active is the game?

Thanks a bunch!

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 8:04am

Gramarye

Professional

1. Open world pvp or battlegrounds
2. Most CC is used by psi's but this CC isnt needed for pve most times.
3. Its heavy p2w. U can buy a lot of stuff in the CS ( extra skillpoints or % DMG increasw for example )
4. The f2p Server is pretty active. So there guilds doing actual raids and most time u just have to wait a few mons for PVP/battlegrounds. The population in sub-server is growing but still low (50 players per faxtion ??? Not sure )

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 8:33am

Thanks for the reply. A bit worried about the p2w, though it was kind of expected. On the other hand, I really like the theme the game seems to have. The factions and their cultures were very interesting to read about. Hopefully I'll be here for a while.

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 11:25am

additional to Gramarye's answers:

1 - psi chat is the only exception, psis can chat with psis from other faction too
2 - scout, warrior (stunlock) summoner and mage also have strong cc-options, other classes have only few
3 - its no "paytowin" at all, its "paytoboost", means that you only can buy time-advantages (get things faster / instant with $ instead of getting it slow)... there are no areas you cant visit without $ or something... also there is a currency exchange, that means you can exchange gold for BC ($)...
so in longterms even with 0 $ you will have everything someday; i play without $ myself

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 12:04pm

So the bad argument of allods not being pay to win is:
1. Player can farm gold.
2. player can exchange gold to € items.
3. therefore game can't be pay to win.

So it doesn't matter if it takes 10 years?

:^)

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 12:10pm

since there are game where you cannot visit certain areas without $ or you can never get certain (important!) items without $ at all, no matter how long you play, i would call these pay to win

allods was what i call pay to win back in the days where the game had no exchange-system but you could not purify the cursed gear without $ items
other example is when the incense gave a damage-buff but you only could buy it for $

in allods, it took me (a very SLOW progressing player) under 2 Y to get everthing that is worth of talking about
for a mmo-game like allods 2 Y is not long... 8o

i know some ppl are always in a hurry and want fast progress, the faster the better etc but thats a problem with the attitude of those
if you want fast progress that hardly though, pay for it... i appreciate every donation to this game, those donations keep it free ;)

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 1:04pm

TheRampage

Trainee

Btw i playing on subscription server ofc,and u see on sub we are all equal,and we all have same opportunity to be one of the best players on server without spending 20k-30k $ ...and on f2p server u dont have that opportunity...yes we have to pay to play and its rlly cheap :D

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 1:07pm

Btw i playing on subscription server ofc,and u see on sub we are all equal,and we all have same opportunity to be one of the best players on server without spending 20k-30k $ ...and on f2p server u dont have that opportunity...yes we have to pay to play and its rlly cheap :D
21 euro for 6 months, I'd rather pay this than either have to spent a few hundred/thousand or farm for hours a day to get the useful CS items. Sure the population is lower but we manage with the people we have. P2P IMO is just generally a much nicer experience of the game.
Achilles - Paladin - Avarice

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 1:11pm

from my personal POV payserver is NOT cheap, but thats another thing we dont want to discuss here

so if you are on payserver already and happy there, where is the problem?
if you enjoy the way the game is there, why not...
you enjoy the game, i enjoy the game, we all enjoy it, and hopefully our new player KurysFlame will also enjoy it :)

btw it should be added that it is also possible to farm gold on free server and exchange it, and pay with that BC to get access to payserver!

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 1:11pm

TheRampage

Trainee

Yep 21 euro 6 months..so if u save 1 euro every day man u can pay sub xD and forget all that farming for rune,bag,strongboxes,fast mounts(cuz top players on f2p got fast fast mounts)..Just pay and play,spend your gold for gear upgrading and bye :D slack in novograd or nezebgrad till key reset/raids/domi xD

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 1:16pm

TheRampage

Trainee

from my personal POV payserver is NOT cheap, but thats another thing we dont want to discuss here

so if you are on payserver already and happy there, where is the problem?
if you enjoy the way the game is there, why not...
you enjoy the game, i enjoy the game, we all enjoy it, and hopefully our new player KurysFlame will also enjoy it :)
Ye i agree with u...But main problem is here and in every your post is that how u telling all those newbies this is "pay to boost",all my posts are reply on your "pay2boost"...And mybe KursyFlame will find some usefull informations from all those posts...Pay subscription 10-16-21 Euro and enjoy in game without farming 10-15 every day ...

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 1:26pm

i write paytoboost because it IS that way

i think our discussion is that you call the possibility, to get something for $ instead of gametime paytowin... correct?
but i call it paytowin if you cannot access some things at all, no matter how much gametime you invest, even if you play 8237239040932 years

and payserver is far less timeconsuming... actually its so "easy" that you reach max level, then do your 3 hours wildshore gearing / week (or just to the daily Q) and then there is nothing else you can do to strenghten your char
(ok without BG pop you most likely also need time for amalgam-Q to gear up) but then there is nothing else to really to

but on free server i always know i can do something in favor of my chars strenght, by gathering gold for buying upgrades... i really like this system

another question... would you still dislike if on free server ONLY exchange would be available and no $ option?
try to imagine all those who use $ just farm 24/7 with farmbots or whatever... the result is the same :P (actually they just "farm" in RL, but with their RL-gold $ they could also buy food while with the virtual gold you cant buy food!)

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 1:52pm

Grimpf

Trainee

I love Allods for that cash shop, really!

Playing Allods for about 4 Years (i cant remember exactly) without any farming at all (ok, i had to farm that fcking refractors :cursing: ). I love it. For me allods is p2bl (pay to be lazy) :D

Servus

Grimpf

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 2:33pm

Gramarye

Professional

I dont think we want to have the same p2w-discussion here again and again...

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 10:58pm

Well, certainly didn't mean to open that can of worms, though I suspect even mentioning p2w on most f2p games would have similar results. Glad to learn about psi chat. That along with the crowd control aspect, I'm pretty sure I'll be making one. I like the theme and game play enough to give it a try, so I'll keep playing for a while at least. The game I came from was pretty heavily pay to win, but with hard work and abusing crowd control I could beat most people who hadn't spent a small fortune. So fairly use to the situation. Thanks again for all the comments (even if you just wanted to argue). Maybe I'll meet some of you in game. It would have to be the f2p server though since I'm a college going Scrooge.

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 1:10am

Do you consider the boost, pay or farm, necessary to win?

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 2:15am

im confident everybody that is playing a progressive game (and wants to progress) is aware that doing nothing wont get him far in competitive meanings, yes
thankfully allods is NOT one of the games awarding everyone just for reaching max level with everything and after that everything related with progress is over
there are games like that and they are disgusting, just because it feels like, not it IS the way that all your progress there is basically worthless anyway and you could have started at max level anyway since when reaching it its game over

but aside from the fun of slaughtering in BGs, solving mysteries and killing dragons, the REAL win of allods, at least for me, can not be measured in gearscore rune level or anything else related to items
the REAL win i gained here is the joyful time and the nice memories i gained here, and they are priceless anyway... (but usually they are gained by playing and not by donating money)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Feb 5th 2015, 2:20am)

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 12:54am

mediaaa

Trainee

im confident everybody that is playing a progressive game (and wants to progress) is aware that doing nothing wont get him far in competitive meanings, yes
thankfully allods is NOT one of the games awarding everyone just for reaching max level with everything and after that everything related with progress is over
there are games like that and they are disgusting, just because it feels like, not it IS the way that all your progress there is basically worthless anyway and you could have started at max level anyway since when reaching it its game over

but aside from the fun of slaughtering in BGs, solving mysteries and killing dragons, the REAL win of allods, at least for me, can not be measured in gearscore rune level or anything else related to items
the REAL win i gained here is the joyful time and the nice memories i gained here, and they are priceless anyway... (but usually they are gained by playing and not by donating money)

No insults, please1

3-by the time u get decent rune,and full cash shop item without paying, your children are gonna have children...
4-allods is BIG massive P2W game,scientifically proved over 100 times.because the time u must spend to have what they have with spending fortune is more that u gonna live....
allods is not popular here.(it is in russia,and i think its cheaper),and i dont know why devs dont do any comercial during this 4 past years,or make this game little less p2w ,to increase population...its a huge mystery...maybe they are pleased with 150-200 imbeciles who pay 10-20k$..because this game is very good,in compere to other mmorpg there with huge population...its sad.
sss

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zurion" (Feb 9th 2015, 10:27am) with the following reason: Insulting another player

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 8:29am

3-by the time u get decent rune,and full cash shop item without paying, your children are gonna have children...
4-allods is BIG massive P2W game,scientifically proved over 100 times.because the time u must spend to have what they have with spending fortune is more that u gonna live....
allods is not popular here.(it is in russia,and i think its cheaper),and i dont know why devs dont do any comercial during this 4 past years,or make this game little less p2w ,to increase population...its a huge mystery...maybe they are pleased with 150-200 imbeciles who pay 10-20k$..because this game is very good,in compere to other mmorpg there with huge population...its sad.

They don't listen . I used to say that allods is hardcore p2w, which is sad, but I gave up saying that since people don't want to hear. The only reason servers are merged is because they know some people have urge to be better then others, and that in europe, you can pay with no problem, small amount of money, but taken from each player, it's fortune. They know that my merging servers, they get competition and battle for best players, and that cause some people to pay. I was hardcore surprised when I saw that as soon as I get to novo on russian server, they gave me 10 exp scrolls, 10 huge potions, and 5/3 scrolls to increase my astral loot. With those scrolls I can reach 24th level and still be in darkwater. Oh, also. let's not mention that there, for 3000 rub, (40 euros), you can get 3k in game crystals, and buy 12k cc. Isn't that awesome? Here, for 40 euros you can get 4k crystals, which is 8k cc. Who is better ? Russians , of course.

P.S. Just to add this. People say that this game is f2p because you can buy all items from cash shop by farming gold. So, you can acquire everything by time. True, that makes it f2p, BUT, how much time I need to gather gold? Well, about one life.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Zurion" (Feb 9th 2015, 10:27am)

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 1:32pm

Game is cheaper in Russia because wages there are lower. In the west, the prices of the itemshop are catered towards first world countries. In France, the minimum wage is ~1400 EUR. In Russia, it's 83. It's 8,5 EUR an hour in Germany. Russia is simply a different market.

The exp scrolls, potions, etc. are presents people in RU get with every single major patch. I may be wrong, but doesn't My.com also give presents away on patch day?
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!