You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 2:55pm

best example is the 7 day (ingame time!) exp foliant that was given to every player
and its ridiculous to say as a free player you need your whole life to farm

im one of those having less time to play in comparison to many other players
i still managed to get far in only 2 years

but ofc, some ppl will trashtalk the game because they are frustrated
either because they are uneducated in ecomical belongs or because they can get over it that there are some that have more

or just because they have no patience and want allods be like a casual flashgame where you have everything in 15 minutes max :P

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 3:20pm

Nah, for 6.0 they gave out a better present - a praiden mercenary you could summon anywhere, anytime, as long as you're out of party, for a week. Combine that with 2 weeks of double exp LM and it was awesome and super fast to level up. That mercenary kicked ass.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Monday, February 9th 2015, 10:29am

Please keep this on topic, guys. If you want to rant about f2p vs p2p or how p2w this game is, do it in a different topic or via private messages.

Monday, February 9th 2015, 10:47am

but ofc, some ppl will trashtalk the game because they are frustrated
either because they are uneducated in ecomical belongs or because they can get over it that there are some that have more

or just because they have no patience and want allods be like a casual flashgame where you have everything in 15 minutes max :P
It's not trash talking at all, you're blinded by the fact that you're one of the >1% of people actually willing to farm more than doing actual content to stay up to date with the useful CS items.

it's not about having patience, it's about having time to FULLY enjoy the game as it's meant to be enjoyed not spending 60/70/80% of you time farming then doing what you can with what little time you have left.

Allods is a massive P2W game, that is if you want to enjoy it properly, probably on par with ROM in terms of P2W.
Achilles - Paladin - Avarice

Monday, February 9th 2015, 10:48am

So this poor fella @ KurysFlame asked a few simple questions about the game and with all this drama thread you have probably scared him away from allods permanently. And you wonder why new people don't play this game, either on p2p or f2p servers? X(

Monday, February 9th 2015, 10:50am

What, and Cash Shop prices and/or time taken to farm gold to buy crystals wouldn't of scared new player away?

Monday, February 9th 2015, 10:56am

My final advice for OP is:

If you have money , play on pay to play server, you will really enjoy this beautiful game. If , however don't have the money to do so, and go for "f2p" server, you can enjoy this game, until you kinda reach kirah and find yourself without a mount, or late game find yourself crushed by people who wants to pay, or lose more time on farming than on playing this game for real. Yes, game is beautiful, no denying it. BUT, is it possible to enjoy late game with no money , ummmm, nah. xD

Monday, February 9th 2015, 11:03am

darknes100lord gives good advice.

Personally i would rather spend 10 euro a month for P2P and not have to worry about farming gold for anything in the CS and have all my time to concentrate of gearing and raiding, or spending more than 10 euro a month to buy basic CS stuff.

P2P server has a lot lower population than free server but it doesn't matter really, we still do the same content they do on free server.

Monday, February 9th 2015, 11:54am

As soon as I get to work, I will go for pay to play server. Fuck this unreal farming expetations.

Monday, February 9th 2015, 1:04pm

Hey all. I'm downloading the game right now because it looked interesting enough to give a try. Figured asking people who've been playing would be the best way to get information. So... here are my questions:

1. How do the 2 factions interact?

2. Are any classes real heavy on crowd control?

3. How p2w (and new player friendly) is the game?

4. How active is the game?

Thanks a bunch!
Hey i'm new too.. been playing for about a month now, but i also played the gpotato version a few years ago but i wasnt very high leveled back then.. i'll tell you my experience:

Started off playing as a Elf Priest on the Pay 2 Play server, advantage to this was

- 3x Vigor / Stamina (i think)
- 30% exp boost (i think)
- you had access to way more bigger bags instead of paying crazy amounts of money for it

disadvantages

- game was EMPTY! nobody in novograd but was still able to solo alot of the dungeons myself

played to about level 20 and then switched to free 2 play, which was way more populated.. and dont ask why but i kept rerolling my Priest toon on Free 2 Play until i got the Caprey Patronage sign (did the tutorial about 20 times) though it probably doesnt matter which one you have, they have monthly events for each of them, but no real benefit besides that their all the same

The grind was very similar to me, and at the same pace but i seen alot more people in the game, though everyone was already level 60 and there were alot less low / mid level players running around..

Spent $50 on crystals and bought the following:

- Kania horse
- a Few crystal chips and made six level 3 caprey signs for Attack / Defense
- was going to buy a incense for patronage extension, but already had a free 30 days from an ongoing event
- sold about half the crystals to the market for gold which i bought a cheap beachwear apparel, cat ears & invested in a Fur Hood (which seems to sell for ALOT right now)
- with the rest of the gold, i trained my blacksmithing profession to match my level, so i always had full purple equips for my level instead of farming reputation to buy blues

asee teph was very easy for me, i found myself 2 ~ 3 shotting people my level until i got to about level 30 i had to switch zones.. never had trouble with any pkers in the game at all..

Spoiler Spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler

except somebody named BloodyEngineer, though he was the same level as me he always won.. (WHOEVER U ARE U ARE PROOOOOOOO HAHA)

so to answer your question (about Free 2 Play)

1. League usually dominates ALL of the pvp zone areas most of the week

2. if you mean CC as in AoE, I have access to that build but havent really used it yet.. works pretty well if your nicely geared and have buffs

3. the item mall shop is NOT that much required at all, but you MUST purchase a mount, you will get a horse, wolf, and gryphon mount temporarily which only last an hour then its gone.. if u dont buy a mount you will have to run around the whole game on foot till level 60, also having your patronage sign always on is much better than wasting money on crystal chips to upgrade signs, i remember in the gpotato version there was a daily quest to get incense, but that doesnt seem to be part of the quest line anymore or i wasnt able to find it

Monday, February 9th 2015, 1:21pm

while i think its a good thing to discuss every aspect and the different points of view from all the players of the game there is always the problem of ppl beeing not constructive with their critics

@ Endurance:

some hints that might be useful

- you maybe want to buy a lootbird, its really worth (it aoutocollects the drops of the killed mobs)
- incense is not worth buying, if the one from the event runs out you can still get it free 4 hours from the NPC that is giving out the free potions every day
- you also get 24H incense from doing daily customers quest, this Q also givs you free mount food (get this quest from the gibberling NPC that is selling runes on league and on empire from the arisen NPC that is selling runes)
so the quest is still there :)

Monday, February 9th 2015, 2:13pm

Gramarye

Professional

3. the item mall shop is NOT that much required at all, but you MUST purchase a mount, you will get a horse, wolf, and gryphon mount temporarily which only last an hour then its gone.. if u dont buy a mount you will have to run around the whole game on foot till level 60, also having your patronage sign always on is much better than wasting money on crystal chips to upgrade signs, i remember in the gpotato version there was a daily quest to get incense, but that doesnt seem to be part of the quest line anymore or i wasnt able to find it

I dont know why ppl think mounts are the most important things from the cash shop. I made it to level 42/46 (cant remember ...) without one. Nowadays there are even more fking portals on each map. We needed to do long and boring quests to unlock them this time. Alrdy if ure just leveling the mount will get pretty useless until they add mounted fights, remove the adventurer stone or decrease the amount of portals... Mounts get important at encontent because u should have one for bg/dominion or for astral just because ppl would flame u after wiping at a boss. And alrdy if ure endgame a carpet for 15 euros is often enough, just if u wanna do the races or some special domi-maps (ice-thing/called "zavert" in A2 for example) is needed

Sry for bad english

Monday, February 9th 2015, 2:30pm

For a free2play user, it's vital to wait for events to blow your gold on. Refrain from buying anything from the itemshop at full price. Prophetic cards events are worth it, even if the cost of compasses is still insane - good mount(s), plus a ton of potions and crystal chips.

In all honesty, reducing the compass cost to 4-5 crystals would be a huge step in the right direction for this game. The idea of prophetic cards is to be cheap, so even people without much money have a chance at enjoying the game.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Monday, February 9th 2015, 3:06pm

I dont know why ppl think mounts are the most important things from the cash shop. I made it to level 42/46 (cant remember ...) without one. Nowadays there are even more fking portals on each map. We needed to do long and boring quests to unlock them this time. Alrdy if ure just leveling the mount will get pretty useless until they add mounted fights, remove the adventurer stone or decrease the amount of portals... Mounts get important at encontent because u should have one for bg/dominion or for astral just because ppl would flame u after wiping at a boss. And alrdy if ure endgame a carpet for 15 euros is often enough, just if u wanna do the races or some special domi-maps (ice-thing/called "zavert" in A2 for example) is needed

Sry for bad english

a fast mount is worth from the point of time you spend so much time with just running so that you easy could spend that time instead on farming the gold for this mount and then be faster in the future forever anyway

Monday, February 9th 2015, 3:42pm

I dont know why ppl think mounts are the most important things from the cash shop. I made it to level 42/46 (cant remember ...) without one. Nowadays there are even more fking portals on each map. We needed to do long and boring quests to unlock them this time.

Fully agreeing with this. You can make it to 60 without mount, there are a lot more efficient things to invest in.

Monday, February 9th 2015, 3:49pm

Autopsyst

Trainee

aaaand on a slight off-topic, but since all threads with renaming/naming was closed, and naming is still related to new player..
I have a question -

WHY i can't name the char "Vodka", but i can name it "whiskey", "beer", "tequila", etc

proof -
I don't like you, you don't like me
Its not likely that we'll ever be friends
Why pretend?

They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Monday, February 9th 2015, 4:34pm

aaaand on a slight off-topic, but since all threads with renaming/naming was closed, and naming is still related to new player..
I have a question -

WHY i can't name the char "Vodka", but i can name it "whiskey", "beer", "tequila", etc

proof -

Russians don't allow to make fun of vodka. No one should make fun of Vodka xD

Monday, February 9th 2015, 5:01pm

Game is extremely cash shop not gonna lie.
But what I will say is that if you have time to farm 4hrs+ a day, you have time to get a Job.
All those players who are able physically got no excuse for not having a job (talking to players 14 years old and up).

Before somebody says "not everybody lives in US" I will stop you there.
I come from a third world country as well and from a poor family, but I've supported my gaming habits from when I was 10 years old.

For the ones who are truly unable to do physical work, I don't want to say you are screwed, but you are. Gaming expiriance will never be the same for somebody who has 13s and somebody having to farm to upgrade his/her equipment, however, it is still gaming expiriance none the less.

Game is divided just like the real world; poor, middle class, and wealthy. What you make of it is on you.
Here is a quote that is one of my favorites.

"It is not your fault for being born poor, but it is your fault if you die poor."
-Unknown

You can be happy in either aspect of the separation depending on your gaming prefrence, if you are unhappy where you are, sitting there bitching and moaning will not change any facts nor change your status. if you are happy where you are at keep on keeping on.
However, let's not keep saying that the game is not cash shop dependent aka "p2w"

If your time is worth more farming than getting a job, you're still paying the game with your time.
Simple formula:
Time=Money
Money=Cash Shop items
Time=Cash Shop Items
Now you decide where your time=more money.
My time was worth more getting a job.

You can't buy time, but you can get paid for it. Think that is simple enough.
So invest your time wisely where you choose.

So take this any way you like, I know that I don't know everybody's life style I am just generalizing majority.

Monday, February 9th 2015, 5:08pm

i agree with him lol many ppl say oh i have full lvl 9 runes full free 2 play. farmed 10hours per day for a year. well if u worked 8 hours a day and play 2 hours a day for a year u would have full 11's full cs and u probably payed ur house and bought ur food instead of ur father