You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, May 16th 2014, 8:05pm

Hello. I started playing with Engineer and i want mainly focus on pve. Is it that a mistake? For now its not bad class, but i want someone with expirence to tell me that i doing the right choice. For now class seems fun, but i later want play all aspects on game. Is it true that is end game only pvp? Some people in the game are telling that are engineer had a weak dps and things like unbalanced...

But i must say that i enjoying in game for now, but is anytging besides level to max and pvp later? Tnx for answers :)

Friday, May 16th 2014, 8:08pm

Engineer is fine. To do well in the endgame, you have to either do a lot of group pvp, or farm a lot. Or spend money. If you don't want pvp, pick alchemy as your first profession, since it can make you amalgams that are used for endgame gear, and are the reason why you would need to pvp.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Friday, May 16th 2014, 11:25pm

engineer is worst class atm, for PVP especially

but next patch tey will get better, so its no need to change class

also endgame is a MIX of pvp and pve, you can skip a huge part of pvp if you dont like it

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 8:00am

Assuming you get about 20-30 symbols on the average per patron chest opened, with current exchange rates patronage 5 is about 70-80 hours of farming. Nowhere close to 3 months.
I'm lazy to revise your calculations and to make the calculations in steps here but if we assume its 70-80 hours farming, I have some questions:
Farming what?If amalgams through alchemy quest which is like the fastest way I guess..The average time take by an average f2p player to finish 1 amalgam quest is like 50 mins-1 hr so you'll end up doing like 70-80 amalgam quests in 70-80 hours and that you'll be LUCKY enough to have 3 amal concentrates each quest and you'd sell the 3 for around 5k-7k gold you'll end up having like 400k-500k gold after farming the 80 hours I don't remember howmuch is 1 pat chest for atm but do you think 400k or 500k gold is sufficient to do the job if you get 20-30 symbols per chest (assuming you're very lucky here too to get 20-30 per chest) and you need 10k symbols at current exchange.

Second question is: Who is willing to farm 80 successive hours?I know some people who get bored after farming 1 amalgam quest and some even get extra bored before they finish the whole quest..Always remember you're talking about human here not a farming hack program for Allods lol. Try farming 80 hours and see howmuch will it take you to spend 80 hours farming not playing and see how bored you'll be..We're human and we have limits ^^

As for Psi class yea I wanted to make a reincarnation psi but I guess they need some buff..They're kinda weak in almost everything atm and I don't find it fair.As for bards I guess they're kinda balanced..Well compared to warriors (who can CC you to death and who can battle frenzy+crushing blow for insta PVE DPS burst) bards are balanced :D

Agreed.

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 9:39pm

80 hours of farming... is three months. One hour a day, with the occasional day off. Seems quite reasonable, isn't it?
Peldrigal - Pirati Astrali - Empire

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 11:50pm

reeah19

Intermediate

Assuming you get about 20-30 symbols on the average per patron chest opened, with current exchange rates patronage 5 is about 70-80 hours of farming. Nowhere close to 3 months.
I'm lazy to revise your calculations and to make the calculations in steps here but if we assume its 70-80 hours farming, I have some questions:
Farming what?If amalgams through alchemy quest which is like the fastest way I guess..The average time take by an average f2p player to finish 1 amalgam quest is like 50 mins-1 hr so you'll end up doing like 70-80 amalgam quests in 70-80 hours and that you'll be LUCKY enough to have 3 amal concentrates each quest and you'd sell the 3 for around 5k-7k gold you'll end up having like 400k-500k gold after farming the 80 hours I don't remember howmuch is 1 pat chest for atm but do you think 400k or 500k gold is sufficient to do the job if you get 20-30 symbols per chest (assuming you're very lucky here too to get 20-30 per chest) and you need 10k symbols at current exchange.

Second question is: Who is willing to farm 80 successive hours?I know some people who get bored after farming 1 amalgam quest and some even get extra bored before they finish the whole quest..Always remember you're talking about human here not a farming hack program for Allods lol. Try farming 80 hours and see howmuch will it take you to spend 80 hours farming not playing and see how bored you'll be..We're human and we have limits ^^

As for Psi class yea I wanted to make a reincarnation psi but I guess they need some buff..They're kinda weak in almost everything atm and I don't find it fair.As for bards I guess they're kinda balanced..Well compared to warriors (who can CC you to death and who can battle frenzy+crushing blow for insta PVE DPS burst) bards are balanced :D

Agreed.

is 30 symbols per box, finished it like 1 month ago, took me like 2 months to farm the gold and im lazy :), but amal quest gives most gold atm/hr
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 11:55pm

also keep in mind its cumulative, so you activate 100 symbols, have the buff 2 h then... so you can keep it off while not needed and activate it only when farming or whatever

Monday, May 19th 2014, 12:30am

also keep in mind its cumulative, so you activate 100 symbols, have the buff 2 h then... so you can keep it off while not needed and activate it only when farming or whatever

So, it doesn't tick out when you're offline?

Monday, May 19th 2014, 4:16am

Oracle

Intermediate

So, it doesn't tick out when you're offline?

No, it's like with daily potions. The timer stops when you're offline :)

Saturday, July 19th 2014, 4:36am

Oh well, I guess I'll have to try the game and see for myself. Got the stuff for my new pc and got it ready, am downloading the game at the moment. Luckily I have nothing but time, I can pretty much play 24 hours a day minus sleep time. But yeah, we'll see if the game is worth my time and money. At least atm I'm feeling pretty positive about it,
Was it worth it i just got done downloading it havnt tried it yet but would like to know how it went ty.

Saturday, July 19th 2014, 11:15pm

I play this game mostly for the pve. The pvp I get from DOTA and GunZ2. The game does not restrict access to content for anyone, unlike pretty much every other f2p mmo, and this is why the game is awesome for me - because I only really care about the content, about exploring it and learning the game. I don't give a shit about being top dps in AoD. I've had good AoD's, I've had bad ones. Generally, AoD is worth it, even if my kd ratio is just retarded. Who cares? I get on my ship, sail around with some guildies and a Phno <3 and kill bosses and it is fun. At no point in time do I have to buy a pass for content, or worry if anyone has a pass. Content is accessible to everyone and how we tackle it is up to us to decide. I'll take someone with level 3s in offense, no problem.

and exactly this is one of the reasons why allods is so great! :)

Tuesday, July 22nd 2014, 2:01pm

I can get to lvl 60 in about 3 weeks without spending a cent lol, its not pay to win and its not that grindy

Saturday, March 7th 2015, 10:17am

Complaining

Hey, at least you all get to play. When it switched from gpotato, i lost my entire account. I loved playing!!! My computer now goes to an "error screen/windows does not have permission" so i can't even re download. Quit your bitchin' and enjoy the game! Have a nice day!

Saturday, March 7th 2015, 3:02pm

I can get to lvl 60 in about 3 weeks without spending a cent lol, its not pay to win and its not that grindy

Average argument of a F2P-player claiming this game isn't P2W. Just lol.