You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 12th 2015, 6:07pm

Guza

Intermediate

• "Guza" started this thread

Issues with the website

Since few days ago, when ever I visit the main page it never opens right away. Instead there is some red bar on top which I assume is a loading bar for the website.
Until that bar is filled to the full there is nothing showing just a grey background.
And when that bar is full only then the main page is shown and fully loaded. Whats the deal with that? Is it on my end?

Thursday, March 12th 2015, 6:34pm

That's in order for the page to be rendered correctly from the start. I believe YouTube is using the same technique.

Because of the scroll-effect on the bacgkground, the animated flash buttons and the animated logo, the page might load a bit slow. And until it's fully loaded, it might not be displayed correctly.

This ensures that the reader is getting a nicely rendered page, instead of seeing how the page loads bit by bit if he has a slow connection.

Thursday, March 12th 2015, 7:41pm

Guza

Intermediate

• "Guza" started this thread

I would rather look at text while the page is loading instead of staring at the grey screen for 10 sec.

Sunday, March 15th 2015, 3:36pm

Monday, March 16th 2015, 1:29pm

dragagon

Unregistered

they can't satisfy the site to everyone lol, only one website so only one way to do it.

Monday, March 16th 2015, 1:53pm

workaround: if you dont load/use the css of the page you can read it properly without waiting for all the bloat loading
this also makes the site readable without JS (sites that are only static but still dont view anything without JS are :thumbdown: )
other option is to block the bloat directly (with adblock), the great looking logo for example is a huge file for example, same with the background... blocking these improves loadingspeed significantly

fix for the stuttering scrolling: block
jquery.mousewheel.js

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Mar 16th 2015, 9:43pm)

Rate this thread