You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, March 22nd 2015, 4:36pm

lol get the fk outta' here you pathethic atempt of a scout. I remember you from NA forums in 47/51 patch saying the same sht, Do I really have to lecture you in front of everyone?

Scout does pull agro, sure, but MOSTLY it's your fault if you go in too fast before the warr/paladin generates enough agro at the start of the combat. Just because your epeen cant' hold it and you want to squeeze all your dps just as the fight started and you pull all the agro from the tank before he can get it doesn't mean you have to take defensive rubies to stay alive.

Build acording to what you want, stop trying to be a jack of all trades. You want to tank? Fine, spec melee and go tank. You want to DPS? THEN FINE, pick all the god damn dps rubies, wait for the tank to get enough agro and THEN start dpsing yourself. How to get AOE groups togheter? Oh gee i don;t know, telekinetic pull maybe?

Ofcourse you think fan of knives is useless now since all you're fighting are 5-10 second long AOE pulls, but when you get to longer lasting ones you will have a shtton of UNUSED energy just siting there because you're too close minded to use it.

Typical rotation for long AOE pulls : WAIT for agro and dont blow kanian racial at start since it's a big aoe, DOT some mobs with incend while waiting then Tesla, rain of arrows, kanian/xad racial -> tesla -> fan of knives -> tesla -> fan of kinves with caltrops when needed. THATS top AOE dps.

Same goes for single target damage, ACC heat is part of it, even if its % is low, it';s still better than nothing. Free fkin' DOT. Heck, you can even use caltrops in single target pulls for filler damage when your concentration pot is on since you can spare the energy.

It's simple as that, make a build for what your goal is, not for two or more purposes. If you want to DPS fine, make a full dps build. If you want to tank fine, make a tank build. If you want to range pvp you make a ranged pvp build. If you want to be un-noticeable make a jack of all trades build.
For glory.

Sunday, March 22nd 2015, 5:51pm

lol its rare to read so much bullshit :D the scout WILL take aggro if you think any dps waits for tank you play the wrong game dude^^ normally the first tesla hits the mob grp before the tank is even in melee range and well fuck it it works fine in astral^^ BUT he will tank cuz of this ;) but hey aoe packs just live a few sek (ah and btw every mob grp on islands is a aoe pack for me :D) so defensive rubees are a must... i often have this with my perma party and also i was astral with vash last time and tank died... well happens from time to time right? what then just wipe it? nope scout simply takes over then cuz they are tanky ;) vash was the best psicrab tank i ever saw :thumbsup:

and btw i also think melee aoe isnt really useful as ranged dps... and NO you dont always have a psi for telekenetik pull and the inkarnation skill just hits 3 targets...

Sunday, March 22nd 2015, 5:58pm

"normally the first tesla hits the mob grp before the tank is even in melee range and well fuck it it works fine in astral^"

aaaand you just won the prize for stupidest reader ever, bravo. I just said that that's the usual case if you DONT wait for the tank to get agro, Why do you insist on posting back without even analyzing what i've said? Your dirty half assed aoe build will only do max dmg when the pack DOESNT live longer than 5-10 seconds, AS I'VE SAID, but it won't yield top results against someone who is using fan of knives if the aoe fight is gonna last longer than 10-15 secs, with will happen later in the game.

90% of you don't even know what type of damage most monsters do, yet yeah, lets pick some defensive rubies and hope for the best, shall we? Wrong.

The best example are armor rubies. Go fight monsters in astral and tell me what type of damage they do and you'll find out most don't actually do full physical damage, especialy bosses ( rendering your armor rubies USELESS ) with makes the two magic resistance rubies way more helpfull.

http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc#!8!132..33.…KD!wczdq/WBACED

^ r1 fan of knives and the two magical defense rubies, acc. heat and the 3rd luck ruby that he skipped in his original PVE build and the 3rd determination one, albeit less helpful, all with the same ammount of rubies. top single target dps potential. Top aoe dps potential. Sure you lost sword vs sorcery, but that's the biggest trade-off.
For glory.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bloodraven" (Mar 22nd 2015, 6:07pm)

Sunday, March 22nd 2015, 6:17pm

Senpai

Intermediate

• "Senpai" has been banned

that cannot be the raven himself must be imposter
KAPPA

Sunday, March 22nd 2015, 8:11pm

Effreti

Trainee

Guys, no need for arguing, everyone has different play styles.
But I do have to agree with bloodraven, you should always wait for the tank to get aggro and then start dpsing. You shouldn't take hits from mobs and if something hits you, it's usually elemental damage (poison from spiders, lightning from martyr, fire from bombs).
And accumulated heat might be low damage, but free dps is free dps.
Effreti - 75 Scout Empire - 75 Paladin - 75 Druid - New frontier
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Sunday, March 22nd 2015, 9:01pm

Quoted

0% of you don't even know what type of damage most monsters do, yet yeah, lets pick some defensive rubies and hope for the best, shall we? Wrong.

The best example are armor rubies. Go fight monsters in astral and tell me what type of damage they do and you'll find out most don't actually do full physical damage, especialy bosses ( rendering your armor rubies USELESS ) with makes the two magic resistance rubies way more helpfull.

lol do we go the same astral ? :huh: aoe and stuff is holy,elemental or poison yes but hits from mobs are pretty much ALWAYS physical nature ;)

Sunday, March 22nd 2015, 9:15pm

Well as far as Agro goes, even previous patch I've ran s29 with many different parties/tanks with anti-Agro rubies, I would wait for good 5% of boss and still end up pulling Agro. Many tanks around still to collaborate those facts.

Sometimes I would wait for Agro, do a rotation and still pull Agro on the mob I was attacking. (Yes I attacked tanks target)

So now, weather my DPS ratio is higher than tanks Agro ratio, or it's just a "bad" tank is a different story. But waiting for aoe Agro, and even then when I do an aoe rotation with 2-5mill dps per aoe pack initial i am guarantied to pull Agro (specialy if I wait for brutality to kick in). No matter how good tank is 99% I still pull Agro, only good thing is caltrops and mobs die before they reach me. The fact stands, only time I will not pull Agro is if I don't dps at all, or do single target dps with a slow rotation.

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 1:12am

Shaeknbaek

Beginner

Well as far as Agro goes, even previous patch I've ran s29 with many different parties/tanks with anti-Agro rubies, I would wait for good 5% of boss and still end up pulling Agro. Many tanks around still to collaborate those facts.

Sometimes I would wait for Agro, do a rotation and still pull Agro on the mob I was attacking. (Yes I attacked tanks target)

So now, weather my DPS ratio is higher than tanks Agro ratio, or it's just a "bad" tank is a different story. But waiting for aoe Agro, and even then when I do an aoe rotation with 2-5mill dps per aoe pack initial i am guarantied to pull Agro (specialy if I wait for brutality to kick in). No matter how good tank is 99% I still pull Agro, only good thing is caltrops and mobs die before they reach me. The fact stands, only time I will not pull Agro is if I don't dps at all, or do single target dps with a slow rotation.

i like this guy. knows what hes talking about.

LOOL @ bloodraven :thumbsup: so much rage! ahahahaha
(@blood) dude i didnt say that i didnt wait for tanks to do their job, i simply said scout WILL pull aggro.
and did we all forget about pvp? dominion? WH? ahaha dont you like a warrior or pally or pretty much half the classes layin down the hurt on you? oh wait you dont take armor rubies, which are PERCENTAGE based, not linear addition.

yeah sure accumulated heat is "free dps", but is it really free? tbh even when i did take it, it only accounted for about...less than 5% of total damage, be it astral or pvp or raiding. heck, id sooner take last laugh than accumulated heat. if the proc chance were higher, id take it in a heartbeat. until then, no thanks jeff.

about your ludicrous insulting of everyone on this forum, where do you get off? you seem to forget that everyone is a keyboard warrior who spouts off things like epeen and fk and all this verbal vomit and trying to get jimmies rustled. try again brah.
Shaeknstirred- PreGipat Scout, Harbinger of Myrrh

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 1:37am

Yep,thats the very reason I carry swingout in pretty much every build.Caltrops and a salvo of our AoEs are usually enough to deal with mobs running towards you aside from the ones that cant exacly be cc`d or bosses.Usually 5s is enough to survive the killing blow and run away/recoil out/allow tank to regain aggro .So far it saved me on so many occasions that I really dont have to worry about if my tank will hold the aggro for those few seconds or not.Im not mindlessly dpsing but why hold back when you have so many cool utilities to escape and evade death?
Never give up as long as you have at least one arrow!

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 1:40am

Shaeknbaek

Beginner

Yep,thats the very reason I carry swingout in pretty much every build.Caltrops and a salvo of our AoEs are usually enough to deal with mobs running towards you aside from the ones that cant exacly be cc`d or bosses.Usually 5s is enough to survive the killing blow and run away/recoil out/allow tank to regain aggro .So far it saved me on so many occasions that I really dont have to worry about if my tank will hold the aggro for those few seconds or not.Im not mindlessly dpsing but why hold back when you have so many cool utilities to escape and evade death?

Hi. I like you.

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 3:02am

Yeah you guys are on the point with me why I choose those, but I can also the see ravens argument valid as well tho.
Just a personal preference at this point. I just prefer to be tankier just in case :D

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 3:01pm

sigh you didn't even bother to read carefully what i said before typing a response, how typical.

Go back to the 1st/2nd post and see the "spec for the role you want to play" part. If you want a pvp build, go make a ranged pvp build. If you want a pve dps build, then make god damn sure you maximize its potential and take every ounce of extra dps rubies/talents there is.

You still have some defensive rubies in the build i've posted and far superior in usage to the usual armor ones since bosses and such have elemental damage most of the time, you're just too ignorant to try it yourself. Guess some people are content with being average, oh well.
For glory.

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 3:25pm

Hello,

May i remember everyone that this is "Pimp My Build", and not "let's all pimp other's build" ;).
VashBOG choose to play in a certain way, and presents this way for the "Pimp My build" (his build).

All your advices are welcome, and will help further players to adjust their own builds, but this is not a contest about what's the best build for each class, but presenting our own build and explaining why we choose this ruby/skill instead of another :).
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 11:18pm

Shaeknbaek

Beginner

dude why are you so angry lol

I dont have a water of death nor greatness, and I barely even play seriously anymore, so your input of elemental defense rubies is falling on deaf ears. yes those rubies are good, thats not what is being debated. but not even sure what the issue was anyways.

how long exactly have you been playing scout? good lord.

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 1:35am

The issue was dismissing acc heat rubies in a sole pve dps buid lol, you all went on and started blabbing about defensive rubies being helpful in pvp when i was criticising what a fully orientated pve dps build should look like ( with role is to maximize the dps potential, and yes, it should have acc heat, its up to 5% single target dps.

Too low for your tastes? Doesnt matter, its still a dps booster not worth dismissing when discussing, and read it carefully this time, maybe you get it, a full pve dps build. Its usage in pvp or anything else is outright stupid ofcourse, and if you're playing casual and cant re-spec builds often go ahead and stick to your jack of all trades build, but dont deny that there are certain better builds to fit different roles like full pve dps, pvp etc better.
For glory.

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 1:47am

I used intense heat rubies earlier with pure DPS build, all buffs, full rotations, it did 81k total damage on a final boss in S3.
It was r3 as well.

In my opinion, take something else it was not worth it, however, I might of just got unlucky with the 1 try I gave it.

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 1:50am

Fight lasted how long, less than a min? Go try for higher sectors or raid boses when its time
For glory.

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 1:56am

I've never considered a class change, but after seeing your guide it definitely makes me want to!

over 9000 hours in MSPAINT

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 2:00am

Fight lasted how long, less than a min? Go try for higher sectors or raid boses when its time
Like i mentioned, I might have got unlucky with it.
The sector was the highest sector in the game so far.
The fight lasted for 2-3 minutes.
The damage it did was last on the board in broken down skills on DPS meter (even specs of light did more).
No I have not tried to use it in the new raid as defensive rubies are a must there as we are doing the hard mode.

Not saying I will not give it a try again, just saying from my experience with it, it is not worth it. (Thus far.)

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 2:21am

Awesome guide, makes me want to level and try out my scout!

Good luck!