You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 5:35am

f2p or p2p

hi everyone so i'm wondering if i should stay in p2p or f2p i have a 53mage on f2p and a 43 on p2p and dont know which one to keep playing i like pvp and i know if i want to stick to f2p ill have to spend some money but does p2p endgame have pvp often? that's what worries me i know f2p pops often and i want to know if p2p has it often i know the playerbase is low but wondering if the amount of people there is pvp or should i just stick to f2p

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 6:04am

All comes down to how much you really want to spend. Keep in mind that the average rune level is a lot higher than it used to be. Even spending a few hundred on ftp wouldn't make you able to compete with people that have spent thousands.

P2p is fantastic and has a growing population. With this free month of p2p we're expecting a bunch of new people to join us. As it currently stands we can't get pvp queues to pop too often because of the population but it's getting better every day. I'm fairly optimistic about endgame pvp on p2p server, really looking forward to seeing more of it now that it's getting attention.
Girs

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 6:07am

Songa

Beginner

I'll give you the basic facts and then my honest opinion.

F2P has a much larger population and the PvP is much more apparent there. However, if you haven't previously spent much money or spent a lot of time farming runes/Pat5/strongbox sales/battlemounts or whatever else F2P has to offer then be prepared to spend a pretty penny to be able to handle yourself in a PvP scenario. You'll be facing people who have spent... a "considerable" amount of money for many people, just so they can demolish you before you even realize you've been targeted.

P2P has a small and growing population. We had one PvP skirmish pop the other day; it only popped once and hasn't popped since, and that was the first time it has popped in a very long time. Most might consider it a sad achievement, but we're quite proud of the fact that we were able to get it to pop at all. At the start of the patch we had maybe 7 or 8 people on at any given time; right now it's at about 14-17 on, so we've essentially doubled our numbers.

My suggestion to you would be to take advantage of the free subscription month now and see how you like it. If it's not your cup of tea then you essentially haven't lost anything except for a month's worth of play time, which means very little on the F2P server in the grand scheme of things. On the other hand, time spent playing (versus amount of money spent) is essential for subscription server, and now is the best time to get started.

Good luck, and if you happen to roll on subscription server (league side) you're welcome to come join us in Void. :)
Noire, 65 "World's Okayest" Healer [Smuggler's Paradise] [League] [Void]

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 2:21pm

as for playerbase i can only say "time will tell", but i have read that they managed to let a battleground pop :)

as for the question "f2p or p2p" i will refer to this collection of pros and contras regarding this question
http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=7017

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 2:43pm

IAmGroot

Professional

but does p2p endgame have pvp often?
No offense to p2p because as I stated, I do want the server to thrive...but...

They (the p2p people) literally made a thread showing that a pvp skirmish popped for the first time in ages.
They got so excited they had to post a thread.
That shows how little PvP there is on there, unfortunately.

That being said...if you want to succeed in PvP on the F2P server...be ready to pony up a GOOD chunk of change.

Good luck with your decision.

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 6:37pm

Songa

Beginner

but does p2p endgame have pvp often?
No offense to p2p because as I stated, I do want the server to thrive...but...

They (the p2p people) literally made a thread showing that a pvp skirmish popped for the first time in ages.
They got so excited they had to post a thread.
That shows how little PvP there is on there, unfortunately.

That being said...if you want to succeed in PvP on the F2P server...be ready to pony up a GOOD chunk of change.

Good luck with your decision.

Why would we take offense to that? You make it seem like it's our fault personally that the server has a low population when that's not the case. We aren't delusional in the fact that our server will probably never have the same population as F2P, but that doesn't mean we still couldn't use more people to help get these skirmishes popping more often. A lot of people won't even consider the subscription server unless they know stuff like skirmishes are happening, so of course we're going to post it when it happens. The only advertisement we get is the advertisement we do ourselves, and I think it's shitty how often and how hard we have to justify ourselves for choosing to play over there in our own forums to people who are curious about the server.

I don't understand how you can say you want the server (or hell, even the game) to thrive and then constantly have some sort of snarkish remark on standby when we post something. You basically just told this person that they can't win no matter what.

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 7:21pm

IAmGroot

Professional

You basically just told this person that they can't win no matter what.
On the contrary, I told them exactly how they can win. Money, money, money on the f2p server.
And I know it's not entirely the players fault on the p2p server that the server isn't doing that well...

"...unless they know stuff like skirmishes are happening..." I never really thought about it that way. That's a good point.

"...how often and how hard we have to justify...in our own forums..." This is also a good point, but unfortunately, these are public forums and as long as people are not breaking the rules...nothing can be done.

I think with the free month, I'll give p2p a shot so I do have a real and justified right to speak in that forum.

;) See ya there.

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 1:12pm

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 2:04pm

Quoted from "Songa"

A lot of people won't even consider the subscription server unless they know stuff like skirmishes are happening

personally, i think that even with popping skirmishes like on free server there would still be less ppl, just because the majority of player prefers the way how the game is & runs on free server

btw it was interesting how many ppl left it just in time where it stopped to be free (when it started! because there was really a HUGE amount of players)

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 4:23pm

Songa

Beginner

Quoted from "Songa"

A lot of people won't even consider the subscription server unless they know stuff like skirmishes are happening
the majority of player prefers the way how the game is & runs on free server

Don't confuse "prefers" with "accepts". There is nothing dignifying about the way Allods became a total cash grab. Present the information about what's needed to be competitive in F2P server to anybody who didn't already know about Allods and see how they react to it - most people will laugh. The biggest problem with the sub server is that it came too late, not that it exists in the first place. But there is no way of knowing whether the sub server would have been successful had Allods been that way from the beginning. I'd like to think that it could have been somewhere along the lines of Rift's population if it had, though. But as I said, there's no way of knowing, so I digress.

The people who play Allods now do mostly because they have invested a lot of time or a lot of money into the F2P server. I invested a lot of time and money into the F2P server, because that's what I had to do in order to play the game and be competitive. It became apparent once servers merged that whatever money I had to offer would no longer be "enough", because what was considered "enough" on Avilon (the server I actively started playing on) was pathetic with a server merge. I couldn't afford to be competitive anymore, and farming the gold for runes, Pat5, gear, and strongbox sales was just overwhelming for me. Most people who play sub server, or who quit the game completely, felt the same way.

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 5:46pm

yes beeing "competitive" in free server is a demanding task for sure, i think we all share the same opinion here

but what i thought/ meant is that a lot of ppl just dont give a *** about beeing "competitive" (and so do i, still), they just play the game and dont care about beeing able to defeat the strongest player... if they face an opponent they are able to beat its good and if they face an opponent they cant beat they dont care either ("next please" mentality)

also, by the logic that competition means much almost all new players would go to payserver since for equal fights its better (but again it seems ppl either dont care or dont want equal fights anyway... i dont want them either...)

(forums are in general a bad place to find out about the majority of player, it seems we active writers represent only a small percentage of those who play; most ppl playing never do 1 single post here)

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 9:02pm

Can one of the Mods make the ultimate damn "F2P vs P2P" thread? Every god damn day same question asked by people unwilling to search for answers that have been said million god damn times.

MAKE A STICKY THREAD FOR THIS SUBJECT AND EXPLAIN THE LEGIT PROS AND CONS OF BOTH SERVERS SIMPLE ENOUGH.
:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 9:05pm

Senpai

Intermediate

• "Senpai" has been banned

an MMORPG is about being competitive whether it be in PvP or PvE, you want to do the content others are doing but faster or better to show you as a guild or a community can work better or faster then others. This is just how MMORPGs are, when you get players are rather socialize and sit around and get 1 piece of gear each month or so, they get no where and no one wants them. People say payserver is only for fair fights not true. There are still unbalanced fights in the terms of skill and gear. F2p is the same way some people in 8's are competing and destroying those in 11ns + easily because of gear, skill or both. When a person asks f2p or p2p it comes down to if your willing to spend and buy things from the cash shop or just pay a small fee monthly to play the game with out the cash shop. If it comes down to more for you for example population, skirmishes *battle grounds* , Guild varity and social interaction then you need to find out from people on both servers you won't always get the honest truth out of both parties both sides will try and butter up the look of the server / faction to get you in so if you as a player want to truely decide take advantage of the free month and explore the p2p and go into f2p and experience that server as well. Then make your decision.
KAPPA

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 1:00am

Songa

Beginner

Can one of the Mods make the ultimate damn "F2P vs P2P" thread? Every god damn day same question asked by people unwilling to search for answers that have been said million god damn times.

MAKE A STICKY THREAD FOR THIS SUBJECT AND EXPLAIN THE LEGIT PROS AND CONS OF BOTH SERVERS SIMPLE ENOUGH.

You can't really get mad at the people "unwilling to search for answers" when all of the answers are scattered about the forums in obscure areas. It is confusing and there isn't really any information on either server on the main website, where it should be located.

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 7:45am

people still have no clue that there even is a sub server. i guarantee if you had a big ole button on the front page with info on the differences, you'd see a lot more players coming in. people miss this game or think about the good times they had here, then look it up. you know what they find? bad reviews and salty comments on how the game sucks, how it's p2w, how the gipat patch ruined it.

the sheer amount of people who left this game because it was too pay to win is overwhelming. shit, there were probably more people in the league starter zone grouping up to bring down the stag or the ogre a couple years back than there are on the whole f2p and p2p server combined.

anyone wondered if the reason ticket times are so long and service seems to be so bad might be because this game doesn't have a population? idk bout you but when a company isn't making much money it starts raising prices and cutting back on employees.

while you guys on f2p keep trading and selling your OP accounts i will continue to inform new players about the perfectly balanced and fair server that sits right here under everyone's noses.

Edit: i'd also like to add that an enormous amount of mmo players are bored, unimpressed and let down by a lot of the new mmos that are being released and if even one good memory brings them back to this website, there should be some info available to them to know it's not a lost cause.
Add me on Steam for most effective trolling: Dune
MFW we get the last Astral Hunt chest

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 6:58pm

http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=7017
once this is completed exactly this will happen... i am collecting experience on payserver & in thisthread at the moment; this will answer nearly every possible thing regarding this eternal question :P

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 7:55pm

Please stop linking that thread. I hope it never gets a sticky because it just gives all the wrong information to new players. For example: You explain 12m/s being slow mounts and you can only get cat mount from raiding/astral... You can actually get the cat mount in dragonbay, which takes 1 party to farm if the players are good.

Both servers have horrible trinkets. There is no difference between trinkets right now..

Just the first 2 things in your "Informative Thread" were so wrong.. PLEASE stop linking it.

Once you reach cap on the pay server and actually play there.. Then maybe you will have a clue and know what you are talking about :)

Rate this thread