You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 2:33am

Erwyn

Trainee

• "Erwyn" started this thread

[PMB] Erwyns Psionicist guide

About Me

My Name is Erwyn from the guild Monsters Inc and I've played allods for over 5 years now, I tested nearly every class in-game but the one I fell in love with is Psionicist. I instantly fell in love with this class during 4.0 as it suits my play-style perfectly. Psionicist is the perfect class for someone who loves pvp. From mass too 1v1 psi excels in every pvp oriented aspect of the game. Psi is one of the few classes along with Summoner or Healer that can hold its own in 1 v many situations, that combined with the exciting and fast paced game-play means you will never be bored of pvping on this class and you will constantly surprise yourself with the situations you can get yourself out of. Also Psionicist is PINK!!! pink everywhere!
New Patch
The last Big patch brought numerous changes too the Psionicist class that affected our role in the game massively. Psionicist was originally designed to be a heavy support class centred around controlling your enemies with the use of stuns/knock-downs, now this became a hard task when the stat revamp came and we lost our beloved stat conviction. During 5.0 I was very confused as to what the roll of Psionicist actually was. We no longer had the ability to chain cc nor the damage to compete with Mages or Paladins, making us not fit in anywhere really...
Until 6.0.0 changes!

One of the most notable changes in 6.0.0 was our 15% damage buff for the majority of our main damage spells.

• Astral Venom is a damage dealing spell, although the damage it does is not noteable and its main purpose is to get us Concentration stacks that we need to do our damage spells. Astral Venom has a 2.5 second cool down and offers a 20% chance to give us one stack of Concentration and our Concentration stacks will never pass three.

• Destabilization is our main damage dealing spell and with this 15% increase its now become a devastating hit that has potential too one-shot. Consumes one stack of Concentration .

• Pyrolysis is our main damage dealing spells, but due to the fact you it has an incredibly long cast time until you gain six of Pyrophrenia affect (which is a ruby) . For this reason this spell is restricted to PvE only. Pyrolysis has no cool-down unless you use Astral Venom, in this case you will receive a 2.5 second cool-down on Pyrolysis as they are shared cool-downs. Pyrolysis quite like Astral Venom offers a 20% chance to give us one stack of Concentration .

• Choke is a Channelled damage dealing spell that consumes one stack of Concentration . The duration of the spell is 8 seconds with the cool-down of 25 seconds and does X damage every 2 seconds and reduces the targets movement speed by 50%. (Small trick would be when you get an offensive trinket proc from your Emblem of the Brutal hero (or any emblem of lower quality) wait until the last 1-3 seconds before using choke as the entire choke will do the damage as if your trinket was still on, this way you can maximise your damage output).

• Erase Memory is a damage dealing spell that deals X damage and requires Mental Link to be active for use of this spell. Erase Memory does an additional 100% damage when your target is under 30%, this makes Erase Memory a perfect spell for finishing off low enemies with an instant cast high damage spell. Another additional Benefit for Erase Memory is that if you kill something with it, you will be granted a Readiness buff last lets you cast mental Link instantly and lasts for 60 seconds.

• Mental Explosion is the last of our spells that received the 15% buff. Mental Explosion is quite similar too erase memory, it deals X damage and has a 15 second cool-down. Quite like Erase Memory it requires a Link buff to be on the target but for this one we need Will Suppression and the target to be stunned/knocked-down / in order for this spell to work. (if you use Mental Explosion when a target has 1 second left of a stun/knock-down the spell will cast but if the target is no longer controlled when the animation hits, it will deliver no damage, so be mindful of when you use this ability).

Psionicist also received some exciting new rubies and spells during the 6.0.0 expansion.

• Insight is a new ruby that benefits Pyrolysis spec PvE builds. When you use Concentration It will make the Insight ruby proc and once it does the cast time of your Pyrolysis ability will be reduces by 50% for 5 seconds in addition this ruby is also ment to reduce the cool-down of Astral Venom by 50% for the duration of Insight, but sadly it doesn't work. If this ruby worked for Astral Venom it would be extremely beneficial for a destabilization build with as you can apply 5 stacks alot faster, so hopefully they fix this. This ruby is extremely beneficial as Pyrolysis PvE builds are generally messed up in astral or raids by moving, so this ruby offers huge help for us to regain our stacks of Pyrophrenia .

• Tricky Mind is one of the most interesting ruby's they have added and it offers Psionicist a chance to play our original role of being a heavy support class, as it enables us to knock-down and stun targets with a 33%/66%/100% chance to ignore the enemies Willpower. For Tricky Mind to work the target needs to be under the Will Suppression but here's the catch, when you have Tricky Mind all damage you deal on a target affected by Will Suppression all damage will be reduced by 30%. When using this ruby be mindful that you won't be able to use Mental Explosion under a knock-down affect, it's only going to work if the target is stunned. (My verdict on this ruby is that it could be useful in a dominion build purely centred around keeping one person controlled, but otherwise it's not worth the 3 ruby's and Psionicist has to much damage to even consider playing it as a support class further than Telekinetic Pull and Mental Pulse ).

/edit by Fayne: Please follow the Signatur Rules

This post has been edited 28 times, last edit by "Erwyn" (Apr 16th 2015, 1:11pm)

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 2:37am

Erwyn

Trainee

• Irrational Fear is a similar spell that a couple of other classes have had for a while, it's a strictly PvE spell that when used increases damage on the target by 50%/100% for 15 seconds or until 10% of the targets health drops, with a 5 minute cool-down. This spell kind of explains itself and anyone who plays the game understands the mechanics of Double Damage, but it's nice that Psionicist got this, makes us more useful in raids.

• Depression was one of the spells I was excited for long before patch hit. It reduces a targets heals by 50% for 9/14/18 seconds but can be dispelled. The reason I was so excited is because I assumed it would work exactly how wardens Aqua Morte works, as these effects can be dispelled, warden has the ability too apply 5 stacks, whereas Psionicist only gets 1, this ruined the ability for me as it can be dispelled in one go, rendering this spell useful for me for the amount of ruby's it requires. (With this said I often do run around with rank 1 of this ability as it's nice to use sometimes when a healer is low and has no chance to dispel, or if you find yourself in a 1v1 situation with a Paladin,Bard or any class with self heals that doesn't have dispel).

• Hypnosis now works like every other control spell and doesn't break until the target goes under 90% health. This was really a pain in astral as even basic attack would break our cc :/ but no more! Another additional benefit of this is for 1v1 situations, if you Hypnosis a target they will most likely heal up from Rightful Deed guild ruby, and once they reach 100% you can feel free to spam Astral Venom and build up Concentration stacks without risk of Hypnosis fading.

• Mental Pulse & Telekinetic Pull had an issue fixed that caused much frustration for every psi, they stopped a players ability to start gaining willpower from the movement animation before the actual control effect even hit the player.

Racials

• Elevated Insight allows you to dodge all physical attacks for 5 seconds on a 2 minute cool-down. This racial is extremely effective for dodging charge or when a paladin goes white X_X if you don't have Astral Body off cool-down.

• Magic Armor grants you immunity to all enemy spells for 5 seconds on a 2 minute cool-down. This racial is effective when avoiding large burst damage from a Mage, for example I use it constantly for avoiding Surge .

• Concentration Anticipation when used grants you 3 stacks of the Concentration effect on a 2 minute cool-down. I'm less inclined to use this racial that often as I like to have the two defensive ones off cool-down in case I need them, but sometimes it comes in handy so don't disregard it.

• Sonic Wave makes a frontal cone shaped wave that stuns all targets in it for 4 seconds on a 2 minute cool-down. This racial in 6.0.0 is nearly entirely useless and I never use it ever, but I guess in some situations it could be slightly beneficial and I guess if you were using Tricky Mind it would work.

Reincarnation Spells.

• Flash is my personal favourite reincarnation spell as it offers you so much mobility and can help you get yourself out of bad situations. I also personally love it for getting out of Caltrops or getting into a Smoke Cloud then Mental Pulsing everyone out :D.
  • Divine Foresight is another awesome reincarnation spell that heals you when your health goes under 30%. This spell is a great choice for solo PvP where you need some extra heals combined with Mental Cleanse , you will survive alot. The thing I love most about Divine Foresight is that you can cast it on yourself then after its cool-down have it pre-cast for when it fades in combat. When my Divine Foresight fades I typically only re-apply the pre-casted one when my determination bar is full for maximum heals.
  • Holy Shield is a less likely option for me due to its long cool-down not making it usable more than twice per skirmish. Although bubble for some 1v1 situations is optimum as it acts like a second protection as well as negating damage.
  • Adrenaline Buzz is last but not least. This reincarnation spell is typically for PvE and it offers you x3 mana regeneration for 10 seconds on a 3.30 minute cooldown.

This post has been edited 14 times, last edit by "Erwyn" (Mar 29th 2015, 3:40pm)

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 2:38am

Erwyn

Trainee

Builds

General PvP build for Skirmishes

My builds for skirmishes are designed for 1 v many situations which you will encounter alot. This build is fairly Generic but I will highlight some of the more obscure ruby choices and explain my reasoning behind taking them. Also my build contains alot of rubies so I will go over possible options for ruby's to drop.

• Telekinesis increases the range of your Telekinetic Pull by 10/20/30% but for the most part I only take rank 1 in this build giving me a 10% increase. The slight increase in range is a bonus but not the main centre piece for why I take this ruby. This ruby inflicts X damage, although the damage isn't notable it removes Mage Elemental Shield by x1 stack and Blood Aegis of Summoners also it can remove Mage from invisibility if you manage to find them with your pull.

• Master of Illusions isn't too obscure but I will explain how it works and why for me it's the most important ruby for skirmishes. Master of Illusions activates when you have a Twin on a target. Basically when your Twin is activated you recieve 50% damage with the other 50% going too your twin, now why is this so important? because you can twin pretty much everything from players too Engineer turrets, if you are vigilant and re-apply twin when it dies on a new target, you will find yourself becoming a raid boss in skirmishes. A thing to keep in mind is that if you choice to take this ruby your Twin does unfortunately receive 100% more direct damage from the target you used it on, so in 1v1 situations it will die alot faster, but in my personal experience most classes tend to 1-2 shot your twin anyway.

• Sharp Incursion is a fun ruby to counter melee classes. Upon use of Will Suppression your target will become snared for 2 seconds, the cool-down depends on your rank of Will Suppression. The reason this slight snare is so effective is because it doesn't trigger enemy willpower and it works on the non controllable warrior charge, and in this 2 seconds you have enough time to Psionicist Mental Link the target and then use Twin too avoid the knock-down and possibly an arcing blow :D.

• Easy Reach is another good ruby that's specifically tailored for skirmishes. It increases the range of multiple spells by 5/10 yards, which plays in really nicely with Flash which I ultilize when a Bard uses Solo or a Paladin goes white with Pious Anger you can flash away and keep them away with the extra range on Telekinetic Pull and Will Suppression / Sharp Incursion
  • Spells affected by 5/10 yards range buff:
  • Psionicist Mental Link (Also receives a 25/50% mana cost reduction)
  • Will Suppression (Also receives a 25/50% mana cost reduction)
  • Telekinetic Pull (Also receives a 25/50% mana cost reduction)
  • Erase memory
  • Mental Explosion

• Loop of Time should be taken in all PvP builds by every Psionicist, it's a must have ruby. Loop of Time basically when used sends the Psionicist back in time to the state they were in 10 seconds ago, this is mostly used after receiving a large hit and wanting to restore your health instantly, but there is a few other things Loop of Time can be used for. For instance Loop of Time can be used to get rid of Vindictive Punishment which is a nasty mana drain inflicted by butthurt healers! Another nasty spell healers use on us that puts us in great risk would be Providence , now most competent healers won't use this on you purely for the risk you will loop and it will be wasted. But in 1v1 this can really screw a healers burst damage.

Alternative Build

I understand not everyone has 66 ruby's so I will quickly talk about what you can drop but still keeping the build effective. I'm not entirely sure what the average ruby amount is, but I think it will be around 63 this is without Catherina Ruby and 4th Page.

Alternative Ruby Grid One.
  • The changes with these ruby's won't affect your damage but you lose some of the more "luxury" ruby's.
  • Telekinesis was my first choice of ruby to drop, mainly because as I said before it's a "luxury" ruby. This ruby is nice for situations v Mage, although it greatly increases your chances v a Mage it isn't entirely needed.
  • Easy Reach was my second option to remove, although I love this ruby, the situations where it is beneficial don't happen that often. The biggest loss from dropping this is 25% mana reduction on 3 of your spells, but nothing a mana potion can't fix.
  • Mind Bender offers 4/8/12 Vitality and 1/2/3% faith, so by dropping one rank of this you will have 8 Vitality and 2% faith. The Vitality loss may seem abit off putting and if you find this too much you can alternatively drop Sharp Incursion .

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "Erwyn" (Apr 16th 2015, 1:17pm)

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 2:38am

Erwyn

Trainee

Alternative Ruby Grid Two.

• The changes with this ruby grid affect damage only.
  • Again we're removing Easy Reach for the same reason as above, it's not going too come in handy that often and mana can be managed with mana potions .
  • Mental Crisis increases damage of Erase Memory & Mental Explosion by 5/10/15%. The reason I chose to drop this over Tenacious Mind is because not only does Tenacious Mind increase the damage of Choke by 5/10/15% it additionally increases the range by 5/10/15 yards. Since Choke hits through Mage Reflections it makes this spell crucial for killing Mages when they try flash out of your range. Another benefit of this would be when you Flash away you can use it too slow advancing melee classes before they even get into range for Charge .

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Erwyn" (Mar 29th 2015, 3:42pm)

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 2:39am

Erwyn

Trainee

One more for good luck

Wednesday, April 1st 2015, 4:22pm

Yuna

Trainee

so usefull guide!!!!! psi op :(good luck, love <3
:love:
Yuna