Vous n’êtes pas connecté.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

31. 03. 2015, 03:38

Rinoa

Débutant

• "Rinoa" started this thread

Travail: getting one shot

• Envoyer un message privé

[PMB] Rinoa's guide to summoner stuff

Hello, my name is Rinoa and I'm a level 65 summoner from the guild AstralRiders.
I have been playing summoner, with a break, for about two and a half years. I tried other classes but in the end I came back to my first class because it seems to be the most “my thing” - I'm mostly a solo player (in pvp at least) and as a summoner I don't need to rely on anyone else because I can do damage, heal myself and also take a hit or two without dying (too often :D).

6.0.0 Patch Broken Chains brought a few changes to summoner. We had some old skills/rubies changed and we got three new ones:
Blood Ties
- good skill for both pvp and pve and also dpsing and healing – if you use it on allies, they get healed, if enemies, they receive
damage - but your targets have to be pretty close (6 yards) to each other. You should be careful though because it's kind of a mana drain (especially now when mana seems to be a problem in general) and it eats 6 drops of blood. I prefer this as a dps skill rather than heal.
I will mention this skill more later.

Impenetrable Darkness
- on rank3 it decreases incoming damage by 30% when our hp reaches 60% which is really awesome in pvp (less chance of getting bursted) because we are pretty squishy and more defense is always awesome!

Stormy Reaction
- seems like a good skill for acid builds (chance to apply additional 50% of original damage Acid bolt to enemy) but I have not tested this as acid builds are not very good at the moment.

There was a little change in Phlebotomy → 1 drop of blood every 4 seconds and it takes longer to get our determination bar to 100%. But I personally prefer it this way because I find it easier to maintain now in pve situations.

STATS

Ever since introduction of Phlebotomy it's pretty easy → as much determination as possible (= all offensive glyphs if possible), rest brutality. I think proficiency is a bit useless now but it's a choice.

If you have got high determination you absolutely have to spam Phlebotomy and keep determination bar on high level because otherwise you will do low damage/heals.

I use these stats for all my builds - pve dps, pvp dps and also fh. Summoners have it simple here. :love:

As for defensive stats, I try to keep vitality highest, then willpower (30+) and tenacity (17+) (since anger guild rubies are pretty nasty) and no bloodlust (if I want a heal I click Reanimation or something :D).
It's a bit hard to talk about exact numbers because my glyphs are a mix of old fabled 60 and green/blue lvl65, but basically it's most vitality, lower willpower and lowest tenacity.

WEAPONS
Summoners can use:
2h spear/staff
1h dagger (+offhands)

2h weapons give more mana but no resistances so they are okay for pve but for pvp you should be using dagger+offhands (less mana but it has magic resistances).

RACIAL SKILLS

Demonic Curse is the worst racial skill ever, don't even think about using it – its damage is low, heal is low, it's a waste of mana and shared cooldown. Dark Touch is a good pet heal but with Summoning Mastery rubies and normal heals I find it a bit useless and there's just better things. Art of Reanimation is awesome when you need faster blood income (and better Lurker heal from Dark Vigor/higher damage from Cadaver) but my personal favourite is Dust to Dust which redirects 50% of received damage to our pet, it's a huge life saver against bursts but make sure you heal your pet otherwise it'll die and you take full damage again.

All racial skills have 3min cooldown and this cooldown is shared.

REINCARNATION SKILLS

In pvp I use Holy Shield which is one of the healer's reincarnation skills.
It's not perfect because it has a really long cooldown (5 minutes) but it's possible to use under some control effects and it can absorb a lot of damage as you'll probably use it on full determination bar. It saves lives a lot!
Other good choice for pvp would be mage's Flash - to get away from mean paladins and warriors, more kiting yay!

For pve FH it is the best to use warden's Natural balance. It evenly distributes your party's hp; best to use when someone - especially tank - is on low hp. Always at least one person in party should have this skill, it's a real life-saver in tough situations!
Warrior's Adrenaline Buzz, which regens mana 3x faster is awesome for long fights when dps'ing as no mana = no damage and with blue weapons we have now I always have mana problems.

BUILDS

I'm going to skip talking about all the damage increase rubies, heal increase rubies, critical strike chance increase rubies as I find these pretty clear and obvious. If you dps → you get all damage rubies that benefit your skills, if you heal → heal rubies etc. I will mention some which might be a bit less obvious or I simply have something to say about them.

Phlebotomy is a universal skill used in all builds and does not change so I will explain it here. When turned on it constantly hits you more and more. It
automatically turns off at 35%. In return you gain drops of blood and your determination bar increases. The best way to use this is to get high determination bar, turn it off and then turn it back on right away and have it running as long as it doesn't hit you, in your opinion, too much.

This post has been edited 8 times, last edit by "Kath" (15.04.2015, 17:13)

31. 03. 2015, 03:38

Rinoa

Débutant

PVE DPS

This is a simple dps build that works for astral/raids/any pve stuff. It has got good aoe and also single target dps.

In this build I took all damage skills (appropriate for this type of build = not acid) max rank, all crit rubies, damage increase rubies as there are kind of must-have. I didn't focus on defense at all (except for Rise from the dead which is simply essential everywhere) – we have some heals, we have second life, I find this enough usually - but it might be needed in higher astral layers later.

You might be tempted to make an acid build for dps-ing but don't. It's got significantly lower damage and less support which makes it a bad choice in this patch.

A little info:
  • I find rank2 Blood Aegis in pve enough, summoner is a ranged class and you should keep your distance and not get hit a lot.
  • While Dark Renewal/Reanimation/Plague of Mending with Aura of Astral Power running will not do a lot of heals, it's not their point here – with Dark Spark rubies, Life tap and Howl of death will do 18% more damage but it requires using a heal that eats a drop of blood. So don't forget to use Plague of mending (do NOT use this if you have a summoner fh in your party because you will make it impossible for him to use his own) or Reanimation every 10-15s. You don't need to take Plague of mending at all but I like having it, if you turn Aura of astral power off, it works as a good offheal in bad situations.

Dark Renewal doesn't consume a drop but it's still nice to heal some of our Phlebotomy hits (which I think drive a lot of healers crazy sometimes :D).
  • Use Dark Pact if you need high determination bar faster. Don't use this if your hp is low (<50/60%), if you have aggro or if you know boss or anything is about to use some aoe.
  • Fear is good if you get some aggro from a mob in a pack.
  • Pandemia can set off Decomposition, Neurotoxin and Volatile infection to do their remaining damage. For this reason to maximize its damage you should use these three skills at max determination bar and then use Pandemia when both dots are at their beginnings. It's simple, if you use Pandemia with Decomposition on 8s left and Neurotoxin at 7 stacks, Pandemia's damage will be pretty low. It also concerns Wandering fever – if it's not applied, it will be on this target (if you already have it running on someone else it will do its damage on this target and will be re-applied to target on which you just used Pandemia) and the same goes for the three skills mentioned above. But do not use Pandemia to apply WF, Volatile infection and dots at once because it's a waste.
  • Pet for this build: Lurker has low damage but she's still needed for blood. With Seal of Death rubies you have a chance to apply a debuff to an enemy with Life tap, Howl of death, Volatile infection; this debuff stacks up to 7 and everytime Lurker uses her Blood meal skill, she'll do additional damage based on number of stacks.

• I took r2 Summoning Mastery, aka instant pet summon skill, and it has 2min cooldown. This is enough in pve for me. Lurker, even though melee, doesn't take a lot of damage (avoids most of aoe damage) and she should not be dying a lot in most pve situations. Out of combat you can just summon it normally.
  • Debilitating Plague – is a long-time CC skill but I personally hate that it eats all drops of blood (consumed drops influence its duration) so I prefer to use it only in critical situations. Still it's very good because it's possible to aoe the rest of the pack without breaking the cc. Even though it puts you in combat it does not aggro the group. You can cancel the cc by casting it on yourself.

• Blood Ties has pretty good damage and it hits up to 6 times targets very close to each other. It can bounce off targets and hit the same target more than once (kind of like healer's Chain of light) – if there's two enemies, it will hit both of them three times (simple math :D).
This build is pretty basic though, you might need to change it to depending on what you do – for example if you want more defense (as this one is pretty squishy) then take Dark Gift rubies for more HP, Impenetrable Darkness and/or Blood Aegis/Dark Protection. If your party has enough CC then you can skip Debilitating Plague; if your main healer is a summoner then don't take Plague of Mending at all. Maybe you will need a resurrection skill for whatever reason, then go to Phlebotomy rubies through Summon Soul instead of bloodlust rubies.

If you have less talents points:

• take some heals (Plague of mending/ Dark renewal/ Reanimation) lower rank (rank 1),
  • or Dark pact r2,
for less rubies take:
  • only r1 bloodlust ruby (Eternal hunger).
  • or r1 Reservoir of blood.
  • or less Accelerated metabolism.
  • skip Debilitating plague - if you do s1/s2 (aka these lower sectors) you don't need it there at all.
Talents/rubies needed on rank3 in my opinion: Putrefy/Decomposition, Vampirism/Life tap, Volatile infection, Aura of Astral power, Rise from the dead, Summon Lurker, all damage/crit chance increase rubies (Life absorption grid: Endless blood, Dark leech, Scavenger, Call of the grave, Seal of death, Phlebotomy, Blood ties; Poisons grid: Infected bite, Poisoned blood, Virulence, Withering touch, Toxic weakness). All stats increasing rubies: Evil genius, Calculating mind and Cold blood.

One final note about pve dps spec is bloodlust is actually kind of nice to have. I usually (well, for raids mostly, not so much for astral) take 2/3 rank in rubies and sometimes put my conclave bonus to bloodlust. The Eternal Hunger rubies provide 30% (on rank3) bloodlust bonus for Life tap which makes it a nice heal for Phlebotomy hits.

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "Kath" (15.04.2015, 17:03)

31. 03. 2015, 03:39

Rinoa

Débutant

PVP DPS

Making dps builds for pvp this patch is giving me nightmares. There is just so much to take - defense, heal improvements and damage and I miss rubies and struggle to decide what to leave out.

This is kind of a generic pvp dps build, in general good for anything pvp. If you wanted to get more specific – for example a dominion build, there would be a few changes.
  • I took only r2 Vampirism/Life tap because it has 30s cooldown which is quite long and not worth spending 6 talent points on. I don't consider Life tap that important for damage but the instant 4 drops of blood can be useful in a lot of situations when you need blood fast. Most of my damage in pvp comes from Decomposition, Neurotoxin and Howl of death and Volatile infection in AOD.
  • I do Neurotoxin on a few people and then focus one person. However doing dots on people might be tricky because if they have high determination there's a risk you'll just help them one shot you or your teammates. If you are up against someone who you know is dangerous for you and has high determination running it's best to ignore this person or just focus them down right away. This is especially important in Dominion champion fights, so much that it can decide the outcome of fight. But in most cases even if you don't aoe someone else will :D. I take rank3 Decomposition because it's used constantly.

• Volatile infection in AOD – the reason why summoners are usually top damage in Arena of Death! Throw this to middle of enemy raid and watch miracles happen :love: . Rank 3 in pvp a must-have! Summoners can have huge mana problems in AOD though – Volatile infection is a mana eater, spamming dots on multiple people too – get away from fight sometimes if you can to regenerate mana.

• Have Dark renewal running on you at all times. It's a small heal but in the long run it can help a lot.
  • Lurker has a silence cc – for this reason you should send her to bother magic classes, especially healers and other summoners.
  • Summoning Mastery r3 here – because sometimes people like to kill our pet and we kind of need it for our stuff! Maybe rank2 could be enough though if you pay more attention to your pet than me but I'd not recommend it, especially since it can die quite easily with Dust to dust running.

• Phlebotomy in pvp – keep your eye on it. Do not let it hit you too much because you'll just make it easier for your enemies. You do not want to make it easier for your enemies, you want to do the opposite. :D Second reason to keep a close eye on this is because it automatically turns off at 35% hp and in pvp your hp will most likely bounce around a lot. You don't want to find yourself in a situation where it gets turned off and you don't notice until suddenly you have no drops of blood and a paladin with Pious Anger running in front of you!

• I take Necropotency only rank1. This can decrease cast time of Life tap and Dark renewal here. Life tap has 30s cd and Dark renewal only 1,5s cast time so usually I don't find rank1 to be a problem. I don't feel all that comfortable with it, I'd prefer rank2 at least but sacrifices had to be made. :S

• Another thing I don't feel comfortable with is Dark Gift only rank2 = 6% more stamina and faith instead of 9% on rank3 – but again, there's a lack of rubies and I figured this will not make a major difference anyway.
  • And yet another thing I hate is Urgent protection only r1 usually – lack of rubies and I think with Blood aegis rubies it's not that bad. Besides, it slows down dispel of Blood aegis (the skill, not rubies) at least a little bit.

• I already talked about Dark spark rubies and Pandemia in my pve dps build and pretty much the same applies here too. In pvp I try to use Pandemia when Emblem of the Vicious/whatever other quality you have/ of Wizard is triggered because then it does really a LOT of damage.
  • Use Howl of death on 7 stacks of Toxic weakness for maxed damage, especially on healing classes.
  • The only reason the Eternal Hunger ruby is taken is to get to Phlebotomy rubies, I find bloodlust useless for summoner in pvp (since number of stats is limited and there's just better things).
  • I do not take Seal of death rubies (vampirism ruby grid) because: 1. not enough rubies; 2. it seems like a bit of a work to manage it to its full potential - send Lurker to someone else so she doesn't spend stacks, then get enough stacks with Life tap (30s cd) and Howl of death... But I recognize it may have its uses when you need to kill a someone with heals (better burst).
  • Use Dust to dust if you think you're about to get burst – paladin's Pious Anger, mage Elemental surge (Ghostly cover on cd) or mage burst in general, scouts etc. You may want to use this only when Impenetrable darkness is on cooldown so you don't waste both your protections at once, but this depends on type of burst (30% less damage on 60% hp will not save you if you get literally one shot).

• Ghostly cover – GREAT skill to get far away from fight or give yourself a break to heal up without any disturbance or interrupt enemy's burst.
    Some awesome uses:
    • It's possible to use Ghostly cover midair when a psionicist Mental pulse's you and this way you prevent its stun and you may live a few seconds longer up till... next Mental pulse :D . You need to have a good timing though!
    • I'm not sure if this is a bug or it works as intended but - psionicists also love to use Mindfire (cooldown on next 3 skills you use) but Ghostly cover removes all stacks although it makes it have 1min cooldown (40s original + Mindfire cd).
    • Run out of scout's Caltrops.
    • This skill is also a life saver against mages – when you see a mage around, try to keep Ghostly cover for Elemental surge if possible, it won't hurt you at all but annoy them! :D
    • Another thing is you can avoid warrior's or paladin's charge if you use it the second you see them starting charge. Again, it requires some distance and good timing. You can run away from them and kite.

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "Kath" (13.04.2015, 18:36)

31. 03. 2015, 03:40

Rinoa

Débutant

CONTINUATION TO PVP DPS BUILD
  • You shouldn't forget about Unstable antidote in pvp. Heals are our main defense but some classes – paladins, wardens and psionicists – have skills that can nerf them by whole 50% which is a lot. Paladins' and psionicists' heal nerf is easily purified by one Unstable antidote but the warden one stacks up to 5 – and yes, you have to purify every single stack and every purify resets it to its original duration. In short words – heal nerf with 5 stacks and maxed duration from a high runed warden is usually a nightmare. :(

Little about playstyle in battlegrounds (I already somewhat mentioned Arena of death, so I'll skip that here):
  • In skirmishes like Deserted farm, Witches hollow and Training camp don't be too selfish and heal some of your teammates when possible (or golem in TC), simple Plague of mending or one-two Reanimation can do a lot. If there's a lot of enemies and your teammates die, in the end you'll die as well.
  • For Dominion I'd recommend taking more support (for example Advanced genetics rubies are great) and sacrifice damage. I think in champion fights summoner is supposed to be mainly support class – help healer keep people alive with strong and fast heals – rather than damage class. If your enemies have high determination you should do dots only on person who your party focuses and skip both Blood ties and Volatile infection completely if you're strictly told not to aoe.
Again, you can change your build depending on what you are going to do. For example, if you're 1vs1 it'd be worth taking Accelerated metabolism rubies (Wandering fever dot) and skip Blood ties. I have not tested this but Last service rubies (inflicts periodic damage to whoever kills your pet) might be worth taking if you use Dust to dust and let your pet die = more dots and you can just instantly summon your pet back. That's as long as your enemy doesn't see Dust to dust buff (or decides to hit you over it) or figures you out. :D

If you have less talent points,
  • Wandering fever r1
  • or Fear r2 shouldn't mess you up a lot since you also take rubies.
Sadly, it's a LOT worse with rubies – you could try taking some things lower rank, like less Virulence rubies, Impenetrable darkness rubies and drop Urgent protection completely, but... honestly just writing these stuff is breaking my heart. ;(

Talents/rubies needed on r3: Putrefy/Decomposition, Volatile infection, Reanimation, Rise from the dead, Summon Lurker; Summoning mastery rubies in Acid grid, Poisons: Toxic Weakness, Frightful presence, Impenetrable darkness, Withering touch, Poisoned blood, Infected bite; Life absorption: Endless blood, Blood Aegis, Dark spark, Phlebotomy, Call of the grave, Blood ties. All stats increasing rubies: Evil genius, Calculating mind, Cold blood.

Bottom line is... summoner is OP :D . And a huge fun in pvp. We can do damage and heal which makes me feel like I have a little bit control over what's going on. We are somewhat squishy – sure the heals are awesome but so many other classes have crazy bursts – paladins, scouts and psionicists especially – that if you get one shot or cc-ed and two shot, heals will not save you. That's why be mindful of players around you – although that's easier said than done... :D What's extremely important in pvp – experience, experience and once again, experience. So just go there and improve and see what suits you best!

PVE FH

In this patch summoners are the best healers in pve and pvp raids – we have flexible aoe heal, two other aoe heals (Blood ties and Lurker+Art of reanimation+Dark vigor) spam-able heal-over-time and very good other heals too.

When you're a healer and you die then in a lot of cases your party is in a big trouble. For this reason I took a bit more defense than in dps build – rank 3 Blood Aegis (I find this useful when heals generate too much aggro but you will get by on rank2 in pve), HP rubies Dark Gift, Impenetrable Darkness, Rise from the Dead cooldown reduction rubies (Frightful presence) etc and also Summoning Mastery r3 as Lurker is pretty essential here.
  • I always try to keep Blood Shot precast as usually it has a long cast time (unless Necropotency stacks present) in all situations except for when I know something needs to be purified really fast, in which case I precast Unstable antidote. Unstable antidote without any rubies has only a chance to purify 1 poison/disease effect but with Shadowy reach rubies it will turn into a good purify skill (as healers have) which is very important so these rubies are a must-have.

• Chain healing are very good rubies for pve – if you use Blood Shot you get a buff that lasts 4s, if you use Blood Shot again, it'll have less cast time and will be stronger but it increases mana cost and blood cost. This buff stacks up to 4 times and after it expires Blood Shot will get 10s cooldown (you also get this cooldown when the buff is on 4 stacks). This is awesome if tank is on low hp, it will heal him up easily even if there's wound complexity on him. But be careful – it drains mana a LOT. Do not use Blood Shot with these rubies unless you have to/your mana can afford it. It's best to use Blood shot only on tank while Dark renewal/Reanimation on damage dealers. Since Blood Shot is such a good save-situation heal, I take it r3 but you should be okay with rank 2 if you miss talent points.

• Because of Necropotency rubies (your dots have a % chance to give you stack that will decrease cast time of Blood Shot and Dark renewal by 20% per stack) you will want to do Decomposition/Neurotoxin on a few mobs at start of fight (if you can – if mobs are cc-ed, depending on what cc it is you may not be able to do this) so Dark renewal/Blood Shot are casted faster.

• I took Blood ties here but to be honest, I don't use it very much. As I said before it eats a lot of mana, a lot of blood and while the heal seems to be good, it requires people to be close (6 yards) and from my experience they are usually... spread miles away from each other. It might work pretty good if there's a lot of melee dps'ers in party stacked near each other at boss (or one melee + tank next to each other and both needing a heal) or if for some reasons some people are forced to group up on one spot.

This post has been edited 13 times, last edit by "Kath" (15.04.2015, 17:00)

31. 03. 2015, 03:41

Rinoa

Débutant

MORE TO HEALER IN PVE:
  • It's best to use Dark Vigor in combination with Art of Reanimation racial – the heal is faster and stronger.
  • I took Pandemia r1 because I like the instant stun from Neurotoxin sometimes but otherwise it's pretty useless in this build. But I just love the skill a lot! :love:
  • Use Vampirism if you have low blood amount and need blood fast.
  • Taking Neurotoxin + Withering touch rubies can be a good thing too as you will not need to keep an eye on Putrefy/Decomposition so much but it's not needed at all.

Further personalizations could include
: you can take Debilitating plague if you think your party is going to need some more cc, mana reduction rubies if you have mana problems (mana is a pretty bad thing this patch – you should have all mana potions possible - Restoration one, Magical power and Martyr guidance) etc. You should know best what you're going into and prepare for that.

Talents/rubies needed on r3: Reanimation, Plague of mending, Dark renewal, Blood injection/Blood shot, Summon Lurker, Rise from the dead, Dark pact; Acid grid: Summoning mastery, Master summoner, Shadowy reach; Poisons grid: Blood circulation, Advanced genetics, Virulence, Chain healing, Plaguebringer; Life absorption grid: Phlebotomy, Summon soul, Endless Blood, Dark spark, Blood ties; all stats increase rubies: Evil genius, Calculating mind and Cold blood.

If you have less talents:
  • you probably won't need Wandering fever rank3, r1-2 is good enough,
  • or skip Pandemia completely, it's not needed,
  • or Volatile infection on rank1 is enough too.
With less rubies you can possibly skip Impenetrable darkness (I don't think it's so important to have in pve) or take some things only r2 like Dark Gift (HP/faith rubies - you won't do your hp/faith that much harm!). I often don't feel comfortable with having r1-r2 of something but sometimes it has to be done >.<

This is the end of the guide, hope it helped some of you :) . Summoner is an awesome and strong class and a most importantly: a lot of fun. But what you need to do, not just with summoner, but with any class: having a build is not enough, you have to go and practice it for yourself and see what works best for you and your party. And if you have greatness it's a good idea to have both dps and a full healer/good offheal build at hand because you never know what debuffs you'll get and some of them are pretty annoying! :D
Good luck and see you in game! ;)

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "Kath" (15.04.2015, 17:14)

31. 03. 2015, 16:57

good luck, Kath <3 :))
show them how its done :thumbup:
Yuna
Monsters Inc.
:love:

31. 03. 2015, 19:57

Rinoa

Débutant

thanks Yuna <3

01. 04. 2015, 10:37

So nice!
Hope you will win! : D

01. 04. 2015, 15:05

Great guide, looks awesome!<3

01. 04. 2015, 16:01

Rinoa

Débutant

thank you Luna, Tauauauau :D <3

02. 04. 2015, 09:29

Pochtron

Disciple

Travail: Quitted

This is probably one of the best guide i've read so far : it's very well written, nicely set up and most important, it's very informative about the summy class and the way it is played in every situation. It's a masterpiece !

I know nothing about summy and don't really plan to play one, but I read all nonetheless and already feel enlightened :p

01. 05. 2015, 14:56

Cortath

Apprenti

Travail: Demonologist

Where's the like button? I'll spam the **** out of it.

This guide should be stickied for all future references. Can I put it in my signature?
May Tensess have mercy on your soul, for I shall have none.

01. 05. 2015, 17:05

Rinoa

Débutant

Where's the like button? I'll spam the **** out of it.

This guide should be stickied for all future references. Can I put it in my signature?
Aww thank you, sure! :D

01. 05. 2015, 19:25

03. 08. 2015, 08:41

great build and why everyone dont use acid build this patch? ?(

03. 08. 2015, 14:19

Halfing

Débutant

Such OPEE!

14. 08. 2015, 05:34

great build and why everyone dont use acid build this patch? ?(

I think it has something to do with this being before the acid buffs.

14. 08. 2015, 11:51

As summoners currently play with Determination which is more effective than proficency, they need to use phlebotomy to hurt themselves
once phlebotomy is skilled all acid spells get disabled. Easy explanation.

Noter cette discussion