You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 4:07pm

wafflecrisp

Beginner

• "wafflecrisp" started this thread

Pay 2 win?

I just started Allods online , and have already fallen for the awesome graphics and simple system of the game. But I am curious, would you say someone that is not willing to spend some money in the cash shop is going to have a hard/bad time playing the game? Going into dungeons (presuming there are dungeons) would I be under-geared and thrown aside since I haven't purchased something to aid me on my quest?

I'm in between MMo's at the moment and have been looking for a new one recently, I just want to make sure I can have a good time with this one. I don't want to put time into something that later down the road is going to bite me in the ass, since I didn't purchase a certain item.

Would be much appreciated, thanks :)

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 4:19pm

Theoretically, if you have enough time, you can get most of the cash shop stuff by exchanging in-game currency (gold) for boutique currency (crystals), and then using the crystals in the shop.

The key element there is, of course, "if you have enough time". The exchange rate from gold to crystals is high enough that you'll need to spend a lot of time grinding gold, which is likely to decrease your enjoyment of the game.

So in an absolute sense, no, you don't need to worry about not having CS items. Keeping your gear (armour / weapons / etc.) up-to-date and up-to-scratch is more important, but unfortunately:

1. That, too, will take substantial amounts of gold, and therefore require, in its own right, a substantial amount of gold-grinding.
2. Certain CS-derived items are necessary or nearly so. The so-called "Patronage 5" might get you flak from others in your raid group if you don't have it, and is only available using a particular CS item. Similarly, making runes (non-gear items giving essential damage and defensive bonuses) requires two ingredients, one obtained by grinding more gold and the other by spending boutique crystals...

You'll notice a recurring theme in the above: grinding gold. Expect to do a lot of this.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 4:22pm

sometimes i think some ppl make new acc to start drama in forum :P but well if its really a new player here some infos

if you just want to play,gear and have fun with friends then you dont have to pay a cent^^ BUT if you want to be in the strongest guild and win all the time in pvp then some cash shop items will be needet^^ i mean this game gives you the possibility to get EVERY cash item with ingame money to in theory you can farm it but... well lets be real you would need an eternity to be competetive^^

in the end it comes to this and you got 3 choices:

1.play without cash and farm your stuff you will be weaker than the ones who cash but to be honest thats not much of an issue in PvE (and maybe you will like the game later enough to invest some money :P)
2.invest a bit of money and play in " the middlefield" but once again "some" ppl will have a advantage in pvp over you (but i know many many player with low runes who are considered to be one of the best ihr their class so you dont need 13 runes to win ;))
3. there is an alternativ server called p2p there you will pay a fixed amount of money every month but nobody has any advantages over you exept the time they investet but i also have to say that this p2p server has a really low population atm which you could find disapointing for an MMo

well whatever you do good luck in allods online :D

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 4:24pm

Addendum: There are two servers, variously called f2p/p2w and p2p/sub. The f2p ("free to play") server is as described above. The sub ("subscription", aka pay to play) server costs money to continue playing (but not very much), but does not have access to the CS, with monsters etc. scaled down to reflect this. In return for not being able to buy runes, patronage 5, and an assortment of other things, you get a +30% XP bonus and the ability to grind gold to buy a range of interesting items like mounts, inventory space, and similar, along with a number of other benefits. PvP is more based on player skill than wallet size / grinding persistence.

It's up to you, really.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 4:30pm

wafflecrisp

Beginner

• "wafflecrisp" started this thread

Thanks for the replies! Yeah I am definitely new to the game, I use to play a lot of WoW but didn't want to continue to spend the monthly fee. When I saw this game and it's graphics I knew I needed to try it out. I never really liked PvP and would be geared more towards playing PvE on here. This might be the wrong place to be asking this but, is there a dungeon finder like in WoW? Or is it like the good old days where you have to advertise on chat for a group and the dungeon that you would like to do?

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 4:37pm

Hello,

As you are now asking newbie questions about the game, it would be a good idea to change the title of your topic to a less "controversial" title ;).

About dungeons : there's no automatic group finder, there's some sort of News Pannels (?) (ctrl +O) to place some announcements about guilds or groups, but almost nobody uses it. So you'll need to search for players by asking in /zone chat.
There is a mercenaries system, that allows you to do an entire dungeons all alone( with a tank, a healer, some DPS mercs). You'll learn about that at your level 8/10 if y remember well. A Novo/Nezeb Guide will give you a quest, and at lvl 8 you gain a new skill to use those mercs.

Finding a group, with real players is much more a lvl 65 activity :).

Welcome to Allods Online !
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 10:01pm

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 11:52pm

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

Yes it is p2w lets not lie to ourselves..

If you play mmos for high lvl pvp/pve then this game probably isnt for you unless you plan to spend couple of hundreds (or even thousands) of € OR do it the most unenjoyable and never ending way of farming. I dont really know the ways of gaining of gold atm since i came back to game just recently after 1 year break but i can tell u this much, i played it for 3 years before and i belong in this category of mmo players ( playing it on highest lvl of competitivness ) and i paid couple of hundreds € but i still lack the last level of MOST (like 5-6 which would cost me probably around 700-1000 €) cashshop items, my runes are average nowdays(10 / 8) even though i used to farm ALOT and by that i mean farming 6-8 hours a day sometimes because I tried to play f2p as much as possible ( i have 320 days playtime in /played). I believe not much changed in my absence so it should be the same as before. Of course there are few ppl who excel in pvp with close to high lvl cashshop (this is what i would call mine) but for that you really have to know all classes and mechanics really well which takes time to master. You could also have group of friends who have max/close to max cashshop and are very good players to play with u all the time even with your average - close to high level cashshop but this doesent really work for new ppl.

If you play mmos to be medicore in either pvp and pve, you dont care how many times u die or that you cant kill certain people nor get invited into top server guilds raid one or experience best pvp events with them, even then you still need to pay few hundreds of € to get the basic CS stuff like lvl 7 runes patronage 5 etc to be able to actually raid with average guild or do atleast something in pvp then this game might be for you but as i said it still costs money. You might be able to keep up with gear of top ppl for some time but later when dungeons get harder you will fall off and top guilds will easily overcome u also cause of their rewards. Lets not forget that big part of this game is upgrading gear which costs TONS of money this patch in my opinion..and i really mean it.

Last category is for pure casuals. You will belong here if you dont care about pvp at all and enjoy pve only or play the game to have fun/to chat with ppl or whatever. You will be stil able to do dungeons to some point, get some low grade gear and join all battlegrounds but you will get slaughtered there for real, believe me. As the time will go and you decide to pay some amounts each month or farm some gold you will get to the medicore category but believe me it wont be that fast (might take even 1 year). Until then you wont be able to experience newest raid instances until late stages of patch unless you really get boosted very hard and everything will look quite hard cause u will die alot.

Then theres the p2p server which is completely underpopulated though fair in all parts of game but limited in some aspects so you wont find many luxurious things from f2p server there. If you want to play with very small comunity, not saying f2p server one is huge you will most likely know 90% of endgame ppl in couple of months, then this server might be for you.

This is atleast my experience hope i helped with this wall of text since i got bored i wrote it. Hope u will enjoy the game if u keep playing it :)
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "dragonsvk8" (Mar 31st 2015, 11:58pm)

Wednesday, April 1st 2015, 1:06am

OK some thinks i can say for sure:
A) This game has items that increase your attributes, that you spend currency to get (obtainable with $).
B) You can always exchange gold for that currency though, and v.v.
C) People that pay (a lot) are usually stronger. That is because of the boutique advantages but ALSO because these people usually play more and have more experiences (+ groups of strong people are formed etc etc)
D) NOT ALL people that pay (tons even) are strong, it is (class/skill/build)>gear>misc boutique advantages, pvp included
E) There are people that never paid a cent and are amongst the strongest in the game, with boutique items and gear etc
F) No E) is not always by farming 24/7
G) MMORPGs are a timesink anyway whether you farm or do any activity in game you might consider farming or not. It is true about Allods exactly the same as any other MMORPG (These games make you want to be competitive => you spend a lot of time/resources).
H) Some people are too competitive and that might drive them to h1) spend too much or h2) play too much or h3) rage quit when they fail. That would have with or without a cash shop.
I) Sometimes being overpowered makes game less fun tbh. You can be competitive on many levels in different aspects of the game.

Opinions:
A)People that say its P2W or NOT P2W are all expressing their opinions. The game is versatile enough that neither is 100% true. But you can always pay what you want to pay and still play.
B)The game is one of the best in the genre, 'F2p' or 'P2P' labeled games. There are so many bad games out there that have better marketing/reputation though. Extremely bad previous management of allods has led to not the best reputaion (i sometimes think they wanted the game to fail); it is better now, or at least similar to what Russians do, where the game is very succesful.

The longer you will play, the stronger you become in boutique items, gear, whether you pay on not.
It is up to you speed up the process with cash.
Either way time/experience/brains are needed to be good in this game, don't be dissapointed if it seems hard in the beginning.

Wednesday, April 1st 2015, 8:04am

Why you even ask? Just go on p2p server which is much cheaper (only instead of patron 5 you can buy like few years of subscription and like 50-100years instead of buying most cash shop items)
Looking for people which want to play skyforge conctact via private message :rolleyes:

Wednesday, April 1st 2015, 8:37am

Nandita

Intermediate

Quote 'Allods Online Player':"Free to Play Server is more Pay to Boost" :P
*Grabs Popcorn*

Thursday, April 2nd 2015, 3:43pm

im late, everything has been said :P
only thing missing is that as far as i understood from russian sources is that there will b some proper "dungeon finder" soon

as for "paytowin":
Quote 'Allods Online Player':"Free to Play Server is more Pay to Boost"

exactly

you can pay to have things faster and you can not pay and have things slower but free... some others WILL use $ and thus have things faste, giving them an ingame advantage over those who gain slow, however the higher you get the smaller this advantage gets

its not necessary to farm however, i got the largest part of my gold from auctions for example

Thursday, April 2nd 2015, 4:19pm

IAmGroot

Professional

I knew he'd show up and he said almost exactly as I expected.

Bravo AOP for being consistent.

Thursday, April 2nd 2015, 4:31pm

well yeah you have to give him this much he earns my respect for sticking to his beliefs !

Thursday, April 2nd 2015, 5:59pm

im late, everything has been said :P
only thing missing is that as far as i understood from russian sources is that there will b some proper "dungeon finder" soon

as for "paytowin":
Quote 'Allods Online Player':"Free to Play Server is more Pay to Boost"

exactly

you can pay to have things faster and you can not pay and have things slower but free... some others WILL use $ and thus have things faste, giving them an ingame advantage over those who gain slow, however the higher you get the smaller this advantage gets

its not necessary to farm however, i got the largest part of my gold from auctions for example

Man, i'm really trying to understand if you even believe in yourself... i swear i do!

Ofc you can play "free" but till how long? Like you said once "enjoy PVE and Wild Shore" what about the rest???? Raids, PVP, Astral? You can't even maintain a line of consistence on your comments. You are just against a P2P server and that's it. Your comments doesn't sustain anything!!!!!

Dracias (dragonsvk 8 is way more player then you will ever be and read his post!

Your so fake that hurts man!!!!!!

Pls leave the forum, leave the game, get a gf/bf (what ever you are if human...) and most of all, a life. Everyone knows that you cant have a char to do everything without spend, considering players runes/CS items these days. PERIOD!!!!!!! Not even in games people like be a punchbag or the clown around. Those are called "casual" that wont stay for long.

And most of all -> Everyone knows you'r not a free player so stop being a liar about how to be a free player! To have a character able to compete at minimum you need years.

HERE on your post 11 you claim about one shot ppl. Ofc you like too and not to be. And ofc a free player doesn't do this. FAKE

HERE (post 28) everyone is already tired about your nonsense so do a favor to yourself and leave it...

And you, like so many cleaver minds here, state about how to be free and they aren't "free".
Man, in 4 years of play never saw anyone go free to the top. Some were great players but that's 10% on this game... Tops, you will have is some fun time till 65, start gearing out, and then pufff no money to play, no money for nothing. No gear no one to play with! And then comes the one shoted matches and the waiting for new patches to be able to do some raids you couldn't.... These players also have fun, but we know how how much fun they can have on chat after their "solo" campaign ended....

And a note to all testers of P2P: The server have low population till today. There are more ppl there today then it was last month (no, im not counting those new players that want to see the server now just because is free for a month).

1. P2P server costs 3.5€ month.
(won't post here difference between servers, forum is full of them)
2. If you know that there, on P2P, population is not high enough, and go there just to say it... do a favor to all -> don't go there!

Like always, the server is the problem, and its everyone's fault, but not yours... REALLY???? If you want it to be higher, stay there, participate on the population increase. If all do it it will be higher.
Because there are those that go and "oohhhh 5 ppl in town..." which are to blame about population. If one that goes and say "Ill go and stay" im sure the next guy will see 6 players in town and so on... Basic math.

And the very best are those that conclude that server is empty while they are level 15 tops... Meh... go endgame at least and then speak.. What can you do till 65 unless leveling?????

The server inst the problem... and i'm sick tired of the same about "the server this..." and "the server that..." while no one really have it to do something for the server.

First and last question: if you went there, why in tha hell did you did it if not for the wish to play there? Don't answer pls "i was testing it" because that's the worst answer... what could you possibly test in 20 levels just to see that the server have more exp then the other? Or that the server didnt gave you a mount... did you have it on F2P or even at 65 as a free player? Sick tired of this really....

Slacking a lot because of population in 18 days (/played command) i have a main with Great, 2 reincs at level 65 and a third at 12, 5 mounts and 1 rank 5 (almost everyone have rank 6 mounts) and a lot of stuff i never dreamed to have in F2P. Till now i spend 21€ and till now, in F2P, i spend around 200€ to have a rank2 mount and level 777/666 runes and green items... By my account, with those 200€, ill have way more stuff and for the next 4.5 years.
Retired...
New life till 7.0

Thursday, April 2nd 2015, 6:02pm

Hello,

This topic is turning in the same way as a thousand topics already turned in.
It's time to close, OP obviously got what what he wanted.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Rate this thread