You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 14th 2015, 5:29pm

The Astral ...

This is a really cool feature in the game and offers the opportunity to try another type of gameplay but... For a beginner like me (not actually new to the game, just never reached the end game content on my previous characters) this is so vague :(

I really don't understand know how all this work.

1.What's the Strats, Layers, Zones... ?
2.How some people you meet on the party making queue know already were they are going ? (for exemple : "hi, green+red+blue ").
3.Do we have choice between mutiple destinations ? or it's only a random one ?
4.Can we go to an Allod we already visited ?
5.Does each Allod have it's own and specific rewards/stuff ?
6.What's the Helping Hand ?
7.How do we drop lv.66 stuff in astral ?
8.What's the progression under the map ?
9.Is killing the mobs in Astral give something useful or do we just have to protect ourselfs from them ?

If someone can answer these questions i'd be so grateful... (If possible with pictures and illustration, if you have time for that)

Tuesday, April 14th 2015, 5:46pm

Pochtron

Intermediate

Some fast answers below, feel free to ask more if some of it isn't clear :)

1. In this patch, Astral is divided in sectors, each has its level of difficulty & rewards. So far we have : S1 / Very easy / Very low lvl. 65 drops, S2 / Easy / Normal lvl. 65 drops, S3 / Hard / Normal lvl. 66 drops. Soon S4 to S6 will open !
2. Because you can select to which sector you go with the ship depending on what you need (S1 2 or 3)
3. Se above, there are multiple destinations, but 1 travel = 1 destination at a time. You can do as many travels as you like
4. Yes, you can meet several time the same allod in your travels. But most of the time it's different (the selection is much wider than in previous patch, about 10+ different allods you hit randomly).
5. Buffs are applied randomly from a selection of 12-14 existing buffs. Rewards you can chose which item you want to upgrade and hope for drops for this item. Most of the time you get coins allowing you to buy upgraders
6. Helping hand is a special way to go to an allod : when activated, you don't spend keys, but you won't get loot or prestige for killing bosses. Instead, you get hearts (small ones in S2, big ones in S3). They can be used to enchant your lvl 65 gear to 66 with a weekly quest.
7. Go to hardest sector : S3 atm, S6 soon
8. It's the progression towards unlocking the next sectors with next level gear quality (blue upgrader drops)
9. Yes, you can get astral nuggets for killing a few of them (if you open astral trap on your ship) which you can trade for ship crystals/parts, or glyph crafting stuff

Cheers ! Don't miss the life in Astral, it's just a unique feature of Allods and the best one (imho) to try with friends/guildies.

Tuesday, April 14th 2015, 5:56pm

freestile

Professional

1 : it is the lvl of difficulty of the astral mobs and allods you'll meet (for exemple : s1 = strat 1, easy allods but lower rewards etc...)
2 : thanks to a specific ship equipment (don't know show to say un english) you can see the road to follow to reach an allod
3 : it is a random allod
4 : yes but as it is random you can't choose to go to this one or another...
5 : nope you'll get a particular type of currency that you clan use in astral academy to buy stuff ubgraders, you also have a chance to loot an upgrader directly from a boss
6 : a buff that allow you to enter on an allod without astral keys, with this bluff y ou don't receive loot but something that help you to complete a quest to upgrade a stuff to lvl66 (didn't do et myself, i may have missunderstood)
7 : in the hard difficulty mode (s3, s6, s9 etc...)
8 : when it reach 100% new strats (rare stuff ones) will be released (then epic stuff ans finally legendary) and also new bosses into the ferrys raid
9 : they give you something that is needed to activate some special abilities of astral ships, they can also drop silver ans gold coins (the ones needed to buy some costumes to NPC)

Hope it helped you a bit, pls correct me if i told something wrong ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "freestile" (Apr 14th 2015, 6:02pm)

Tuesday, April 14th 2015, 6:45pm

Thanks guys for your fast answer, i really really appreciate it. :D

I understood most of what you told me but i still have questions : :(

10. I see now what s1,s2 etc... means, but what's Layers ?
11. When i asked about lv.66 stuff you said that I can get from s3, s6, s9 etc... but why do you jump from s3 to s6 ? what about s4,s5 ?
12. I checked the vendor in the academy who sells those upgrades, she also have lv.66 stuff i can buy with enchanted version of coins i usually drop. Where i can get those enchanted coins ?
13. Sometimes i drop some coins which says "summon a xxx to help you... in dominion" or something like that. Are they important ?

Tuesday, April 14th 2015, 7:00pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Thanks guys for your fast answer, i really really appreciate it. :D

I understood most of what you told me but i still have questions : :(

10. I see now what s1,s2 etc... means, but what's Layers ?
Layers essentially refer to the level of ship parts that are available.
I am not certain yet, however, I have to assume:
s1-s3 = layer 13.
s4-s6 = layer 13.
s7-s9 = layer 14.
s10-s12 = layer 15.
I don't know if there is a layer 16 though.
The layer of the ship part determines it's strength.

11. When i asked about lv.66 stuff you said that I can get from s3, s6, s9 etc... but why do you jump from s3 to s6 ? what about s4,s5 ?
In s1 and s2 only level 65 upgraders drop. In order to get level 66 gear you need to go to s3 OR you need to run helping hand runs to get hearts to turn in the quest in the academy to purchase lenses that allow you to upgrade gear from 65 to 66 or downgrade an item from 66 to 65.
12. I checked the vendor in the academy who sells those upgrades, she also have lv.66 stuff i can buy with enchanted version of coins i usually drop. Where i can get those enchanted coins ?
Enchanted coins ONLY drop in the highest sector of astral available, which is currently s3 until tonight or until maintenance when it will be s6. However, s3 will also continue to drop enchanted coins even after it is not the current highest sector.
s3, s6, s9, s12, s15 will drop enchanted coins.
13. Sometimes i drop some coins which says "summon a xxx to help you... in dominion" or something like that. Are they important ?
They are useable in Melting Isle and Dominion. If you are a part of a guild and are interested in getting a regalia (regalia gives you quite a few perks including longer lasting alchemy potions, more stats, and if your guild participates in dominion on Sunday night, realgar) you will want to have these pets. They are upgradeable for free, there is no cost, other than acquiring all the necessary items and turning them in to the quest giver in the academy.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "IAmGroot" (Apr 17th 2015, 7:34pm)

Friday, April 17th 2015, 7:02pm

Layers refer to the generation of ship equipment you can get in that "area" of astral. And as we know now, S1-S6 is still layer/generation 13.

The jump from 3 to 6 is in reference to the fact that sectors are being released in batches of 3 based on quality. The first is low difficulty with level 65 coins. The second is medium difficulty with level 65 coins, and a guaranteed 65 upgrader from the last boss. The third is high difficulty with level 66 coins and a 66 upgrader from the last boss. So sector 3 is for green level 66 upgraders and 6 would be for blue. Sectors 4 and 5 would be the blue level 65 upgrader sectors.