You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 3:42am

Worth coming back?

Hey Guys,

Allods Online (Game of Gods) was my first ever mmo, but after my guild disbanded i left the game for a while. Then as 5.0 came up, I began playing again to discover the p2w system. Broken Chains is catching my eye right now (and i still love this game, except for the cash shop disadvantage), and I m still quite young to earn, so i will be playin f2p for a while.

So..is broken chains worth the comeback, and how is the cash shop state in the f2p server (p2w or not)?

Thnx,
Sekkaijoshua

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 4:06am

Ftp is most definitely still p2w. Also there's a subscription server now, if you didn't know. There's no cash shop and it's the way Allods should have been from the start. The only thing lacking is good population, I know that's a turn off to most people.
Girs

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 11:29am

I am a returning user as well, and the only reason I both returned and remained (not longer than a week ago) is because of the subscription server. I completely dropped my maxed character and its 6s runes on "F2P" after trying P2P out. No matter what people that have invested a lot of money in their F2P/P2W server are saying, the population in P2P (subscription) server is growing, and the way the server is run makes this game great now for me.

Feel free to read more about it here: http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=2145

If you do join, I advise you to join Void. :) Their policy is to help out players and this has substantially raised my experience with this game.

The server is not a barren wasteland. But of course there is not a huge flux of people since the server is completely new and for those that are just trying the game out, "F2P" is the way to go for experiments until they discover P2P. The guild I'm in has a lot of players, I always get help when I need it, and there is nice amounts of astral going on. Those that say otherwise just played a couple of hours in lower levels, and once in Novograd they probably just checked the Auctioner instead of the Negotiator (AH that opens at level 65). I've had a nice share of PvP going on in Asee, Kirah and a bit in Coba. And although maybe massive PvP like Witch's Hollow isn't so popular, Guild vs. Guild / Dominion is. So are raids.

For me, gaming content that didn't used to be available/was dead back when I played being available now and being in such a nice guild, plus a lot of unfairness attributes from P2W being eliminated have been a great enough reason for me to come back and stay on P2P.

Friday, April 24th 2015, 2:08am

game is worth playing more than ever for sure

if you left the game because of the cashshop you maybe like the payserver where no additional improvements for chars can be bought, only gametime

if you are unsure if you prefer free or payserver this http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=7017 thread can be a guide, i summarized up the pros and cons here

Friday, April 24th 2015, 2:23pm

Thnx for the replies guys ^^. Its really tempting now, but as I already have LoL installed, I need to know what is the current file size of the game.

Thanks, this is is really appreciated,
Sekkaijoshua

Friday, April 24th 2015, 2:32pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Thnx for the replies guys ^^. Its really tempting now, but as I already have LoL installed, I need to know what is the current file size of the game.

Massive.

Friday, April 24th 2015, 2:32pm

Oh and also I'd like to know how much is the cost of exchanging gold for crystals...

Friday, April 24th 2015, 3:02pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Oh and also I'd like to know how much is the cost of exchanging gold for crystals...

Almost 180 gold to 1 crystal. 180:1

Friday, April 24th 2015, 3:04pm

Sekkaijoshua
I don't remember. Maybe 5 Gb?

Saturday, April 25th 2015, 5:54am

Sekkaijoshua
5GB?! xD
last time i played the game the file size was around 15-16 GB (and Umoir had just been introduced). I'd really like an exact number, just to be sure. Also, i was thinking if i cud farm my crystals on f2p server and then pay them for subscription..is that possible??

Saturday, April 25th 2015, 6:34am

IAmGroot

Professional

Also, i was thinking if i cud farm my crystals on f2p server and then pay them for subscription..is that possible??
Yes.

Saturday, April 25th 2015, 10:48am

Pochtron

Intermediate

Sekkaijoshua
5GB?! xD
last time i played the game the file size was around 15-16 GB (and Umoir had just been introduced). I'd really like an exact number, just to be sure. Also, i was thinking if i cud farm my crystals on f2p server and then pay them for subscription..is that possible??

Rate this thread