You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 9:19am

Returning player, have some questions

Hello,

I've been playing Allods on and off over the past few years. I would always get a character to level 25-ish and stop, the zone would become too hard and frustrating (Asee-Teph, I think?) and the enemy faction would always find me and kill me. But this time I am confident! I want to return to this game and play it 'full time'. But I have a couple of questions. I heard that the game has improved heavily with the newest patch and that is great! So here are my questions, and if someone could give their thoughts on them, that would be great:

- What classes are good and desirable in raids and PVP? Mostly, how are Bards, Scouts and Psi's doing? Those are the classes I'm mostly interested in, and I have one of each sitting at 25. I mostly play ranged or healing classes in MMOs so if someone could suggest me some good classes would be great.
- Which server should I return to? I don't mind leveling (I actually love it), and all 'paid' items I have on F2P sever are two mounts with some skins and two costumes.
- Is the game active? Another day I logged on very early in the morning and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of players I've seen. It looked busier than WoW!
- Rate the games enjoy-ability on scale 1 to 10 and share what you like about it.

I know this is a lot but it would be very good if someone could answer these questions for me. o:

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 9:51am

I don't have a really deep experience but i'll try to contribute to answer your questions.

1. After their rework , the Scout class became popular and pretty strong, good for leveling due to strong DPS and useful in raid thanks to their HP buff thay you can apply on teammates. No experience with Psi's nor Bards so i don't want to mislead you. Pretty much all classes are good especially Paladin and Scout in terms of dps atm.

2. The Smuggler's Paradise server (P2P) is not as populated as the F2P one, but the guilds there seem to be active.

3. The game is active. now with the new gear, everybody is searching for groups to do astral.

4. Even if there's a daily routine for me ( Kingdom of Elements > Glyphes > Tka Rik > PvP > Astral ) i enjoy doing it because i get rewards that help me progress. 7/10

Hope i could answer some of your questions.

If something's wrong let me know ^^

Sunday, April 26th 2015, 1:34pm

best (strongest) classes atm are scout & paladin
bard is the worst class now
psi is good and will be even better next (?) patch

you can play for free (with pay what you want ranging from 0 to whatever) or pay a monthly amout... ("free to play" or "subscription")
if you need infos about the differences you may take a look at my signature, there is a link to the pros and cons about both servers)
http://allods.com/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7017

game is very active on free server
on the subscriptionserver are much less ppl (about 5% form the population of free server it seems) which is especially a big problem regardings battlegrounds

game enjoy rate is 10/10, i use much time for this game and do not regret it at all since its so pretty and satisfying
i like that you can have everything for free theoretically (exchange gold to BC instead of using money), i like that there is a lootpet (no manual loot collection at all!!), i like there is reincarnation (start game again with a different class and lots of advantages from 1st char), i like there is automove, i like there is bloodlust (selfheal over damage attribute), i like how the chars look and act etc etc, i could expand this list a lot if you wish :) :love:

Monday, April 27th 2015, 1:12pm

Thanks for the replies guys! I did some research, read your comments and talked to someone and decided to join the P2P server as an Elf Psi. See you there :D

Monday, April 27th 2015, 1:21pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

You must either run with crappy bards or don't know how to play the class.

Monday, April 27th 2015, 2:39pm

IAmGroot

Professional

I am pretty sure he is a bard...so that would explain his answer.

Monday, April 27th 2015, 2:45pm

+++++++++++++++++++, bards are far from the worst class. A bard that used to play on p2p was consistently #1 on the meters.

Monday, April 27th 2015, 2:52pm

he is not first in dmg but he dont make bad dmg. But not much bards here who can play his class.

Tuesday, April 28th 2015, 12:48am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

I am pretty sure he is a bard...so that would explain his answer.
I run astral with 2 bards and they are far from the worst class. All classes can be a great if in the right hands.

Tuesday, April 28th 2015, 1:06am

compare bards performance in pvp with all other classes
then you will see what i mean

almost every spell of them get weakened, cds are longer now etc

ofc a player with high gs that plays bardclass will still dominate over low gs, but if gs is equal bard is inferior
even "better", in future bards will get weakend more... :(

in pvp bards are already almost everytime the 1st target cause everyone is happy to have an easy target (same with mages, but they are still better off than bards)

pve is a completely different thing, every class can go in dps spec

Tuesday, April 28th 2015, 6:32am

compare bards performance in pvp with all other classes
then you will see what i mean

almost every spell of them get weakened, cds are longer now etc

ofc a player with high gs that plays bardclass will still dominate over low gs, but if gs is equal bard is inferior
even "better", in future bards will get weakend more... :(

in pvp bards are already almost everytime the 1st target cause everyone is happy to have an easy target (same with mages, but they are still better off than bards)

pve is a completely different thing, every class can go in dps spec
Lol you have no clue how bards work in pvp. How about you go play this game for a change instead of just lurking the forums.

Tuesday, April 28th 2015, 4:15pm

sry AOP but just lol^^ its right bard lost quite a bit of his damage but when he uses a big combination attack its still immense damage enought to take down a pally in a few sek^^ but this shouldnt even be an issue cause bard is supposed to be a SUPPORT!!!!!!!!! why ppl dont understand damage is not everything -.- a good supportbard will literally break the spine of the enemy team cuz he can lower their damage, provide decent heal on passive basis, debuff enemys,buff allies,cc the shit out of his enemys and has other supports like making someone invisible... btw bard is one of the most tanky classes in the game so i dont know what you mean with easy target (i would like if he was one though^^ killing him and his party has 30% less hp would be awesome but its simply not possible in most partys-.-)

Tuesday, April 28th 2015, 6:24pm

Ballade is amazing.
Pull alone can win grp domis when you pull high priority target.
Aoe fear, damage reduction, damage reflect for your whole grp.
Aaand very strong aoe dps.

Bard is easily one of the best classes for raid domi.

Tuesday, April 28th 2015, 6:26pm

Celinkabouh

Beginner

AOP:s posts getting better every day :) :thumbsup:

Tuesday, April 28th 2015, 6:50pm

its nice that bards still serve a purpose in dominion-fights where fixed parties are, but in battlegrounds with random-parties, that happen everyday multiple times its a bit different

so even if bard CAN be "support" there still should be a viable pvp-dps option like every class has, but due to the damagereductions this is no longer really possible

how it is against paladin? like: bard bursting, paladin absorbing, paladin attacking bard, bard almost dead, uses defensive skill (acoustic barrier?), gets a few more hits, finished
if fear paladin use fearcancel (wm skill)
if invis paladin use aoe strike
if paladin gets noteable damage heal back to almost full and shield, nearly a gauranteed win

somehow similar with scout, they can cancel every notable cc from bard too and strike hard

(and yes, if the bard is overgeared ofc he will win, i saw that too, but otherwise its a bit of a problem now...)

Thursday, April 30th 2015, 10:45pm

bard vs pally =

muse -> flying blade -> solo -> dancing blade while kiting -> cd reset (dont know the englisch name) -> flying blade -> solo -> dancing blade

like this you should take down a pally quite good^^ and i disagree with a support not beeing useful in normal battlegrounds cuz your not alone there^^ stunn and debuff enemys and the rest of your team will kill the enemys (this is especially nice cuz you dont like to gear but ccs are not geardependent so you would be even useful)

Friday, May 1st 2015, 12:51am

Sometimes it is wise to ignore what Allods Online Player says.

:rolleyes: (If not always) :thumbsup:

Friday, May 1st 2015, 5:49am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Sometimes it is wise to ignore what Allods Online Player says.

:rolleyes: (If not always) :thumbsup:
That was my attempt at being nice. :D

Friday, May 1st 2015, 8:22am

I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Friday, May 1st 2015, 11:28pm

bard vs pally =

muse -> flying blade -> solo -> dancing blade while kiting -> cd reset (dont know the englisch name) -> flying blade -> solo -> dancing blade

like this you should take down a pally quite good^^ and i disagree with a support not beeing useful in normal battlegrounds cuz your not alone there^^ stunn and debuff enemys and the rest of your team will kill the enemys (this is especially nice cuz you dont like to gear but ccs are not geardependent so you would be even useful)

if the paladin is equaly geared he will still outpferform the bard... a lot
what you say about ccs not dependent on gear is true and wonderful, i already gain a lot of joy from this fact :) :love:
problem is still if team is at "A" and you are at "B"; there is no way in comparing the teamplay of a "fixed group" from dominion battle or a random group from BG
so what will work somehow is make a max. survivability build with ccs to annoy attackers and hope they will die or some fellow player will pass by and kill him...

i think its really interesting how many ppl here see bard NOT underpowered right now 8|