You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 17th 2015, 11:20pm

Exchanging vanity between factions!

Hello,

I saw an Empire player today selling the Kanian Unity Day Event costumes in world chat. How or what method do players use to exchange costumes between factions like this?

Saturday, July 18th 2015, 9:09am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Hello,

I saw an Empire player today selling the Kanian Unity Day Event costumes in world chat. How or what method do players use to exchange costumes between factions like this?

Well, you can send mail from League or Empire toon to a Priden in Howlem (if the object(s) isn't bound) and re-send that mail to another player of opposite faction as long as the Priden is in Howlem. You just have to know the player names as Pridens in Howlem can't add friends to their list from either faction. (It's convenient to have a toon of your own in both factions).

Edit: Seems I was wrong. You can't mail from League or Empire to a Priden in Howlem, if it's not the toon's incarnation. However, I know for certain you can send mail to a Priden in Howlem, if it's your incarnation and the mail is send from progenitor or other incarnation of the same toon. For most costumes it's pointless as they are in boutique tab in your bag anyway.

Another way, I'd imagine, would be incarnation Pridens that haven't left Howlem yet. Incarnations share boutique tab of the bag and if the costume goes there, you can trade it to an imp incarnation Priden (provided the costume isn't bound).

Edit: I'm not sure can you trade between bound-to-be League Priden incarnation and bound-to-be Empire Priden incarnation. Also it seems incarnation Pridens may not be able to trade with neutral Pridens?
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Gwiniel" (Jul 19th 2015, 8:36am)

Saturday, July 18th 2015, 9:23am

freestile

Professional

people had opposite side faction costumes way before priden race exist so there might be another mean to do that... Maybe with faction change some people bought a lot of costumes of their faction to resell them at a interesting price in the other faction?

Saturday, July 18th 2015, 10:22am

people had opposite side faction costumes way before priden race exist so there might be another mean to do that... Maybe with faction change some people bought a lot of costumes of their faction to resell them at a interesting price in the other faction?

The costumes had a vendor sell price before, people sold them to faction-neutral vendors hoping it will appear on resale. This method was very risky because chance that the item will appear on resale was not 100%.

Saturday, July 18th 2015, 12:36pm

Gramarye

Professional

The costumes had a vendor sell price before, people sold them to faction-neutral vendors hoping it will appear on resale. This method was very risky because chance that the item will appear on resale was not 100%.

nope, there was one very safe npc. It got risky if sb was camping there waiting for free stuff (the guy needed to log off before the item appeard at the resell-optoion)

Saturday, July 18th 2015, 2:20pm

Erwyn

Trainee

always one guy to ruin it for the rest! job well done sir.
/edit by Fayne: Please follow the Signatur Rules

Saturday, July 18th 2015, 2:24pm

Well, you can send mail from League or Empire toon to a Priden in Howlem (if the object(s) isn't bound) and re-send that mail to another player of opposite faction as long as the Priden is in Howlem. You just have to know the player names as Pridens in Howlem can't add friends to their list from either faction. (It's convenient to have a toon of your own in both factions).

Another way, I'd imagine, would be incarnation Pridens that haven't left Howlem yet. Incarnations share boutique tab of the bag and if the costume goes there, you can trade it to an imp incarnation Priden (provided the costume isn't bound).
You know, I never thought of this. I have no idea why it never crossed my mind as a possibility.

nope, there was one very safe npc. It got risky if sb was camping there waiting for free stuff (the guy needed to log off before the item appeard at the resell-optoion)

I do remember something like this awhile back I think in Eljune Bazaar.

Thanks guys for the replies.

Saturday, July 18th 2015, 4:03pm

Safe from not many people trying to camp there maybe, but there was no way to safeguard from item simply not appearing on resale, even if vendor had completely empty resale tab.

I destroyed way too many items this way, there was nobody there (very very late hour) and resale tab was completely empty. I'd say the chance of success was like one in three or four.

Sunday, July 19th 2015, 9:29pm

Gramarye

Professional

well the npc im talking about was safe ... and there were ppl sometimes sitting there