You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, May 29th 2015, 11:31pm

Been awhile, starting anew

It's been a year or two since I've played this game and I can see a lot has changed in the meantime.

So, being in a necromancer mood, I'm starting anew with a summoner. However, I'm not quite sure what to do as far as leveling up goes. Do I invest in Hellion before switching to Lurker for blood? Or do I wait and just get Lurker?

And basically... what am I supposed to do for dealing DPS at low levels? Maxing putrefy goes without question, but the 30 second cooldown on vampirism tests my temper - it wasn't there when I last played. And acid is... well judging by all of the posts here, it's terrible.

And while Rinoa's guide is nice, it's obviously aimed at players in the end game - not for players who are leveling up. So I kinda have to ask questions.

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 4:45am

Rinoa

Beginner

Hmm it's been a while since I've been leveling a summoner and it has changed so much I'm not entirely sure what's the best way to level up. I think it also depends a lot on the playstyle.
The safest way to lvl up perhaps would be to just roll with Hellion and take the rubies that remove cooldown on Vampirism/Life tap and use phlebotomy for determination and the occasional Howl of death/heal but this is very single target and to me it seems terribly boring :D
Lurker seems better if you just want to pull multiple mobs, dot/volatile infection/blood ties everything and heal yourself like crazy (since Hellion wouldn't aggro that all anyway) and if you take the rubies that remove vampirism cd here as well the single target dmg will be ok, just prepare for the fact you'll have to use heals a lot and/or renew blood aegis. If you do take Lurker then yeah I'd say take Hellion rank 1-2 since I imagine leveling without any pet up to lvl 28 - or around that - could be pain.
I think on higher levels Hellion's aggro is pretty low anyway but I have never tried the Hellion aggro rubies.

Diament's guide includes a leveling build of the second option here, you could follow it :)

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 7:37am

Sunday, August 16th 2015, 9:48pm

Bumping this thread up to ask some more questions:

1. Should I abandon Hellion at level 15 (last possible chance for a free reset) so that I can put points into Lurker when I get it, or should I keep points in Hellion until max level where I can reset for free once? I don't really want to spend money on a Water of Death.
2. I know that my pet has my Determination stat. However, does this mean my pet deals more damage the more it gets hit, or does it only deal more damage if *I* get hit?
3. Should I take Phlebotomy right away or go straight for removing cooldown from Vampirism? Or go for Neurotoxin ASAP? Or better yet, just what rubies should I go for as soon as I am able to take rubies? The leveling guide is a little confusing for me in how it's worded.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zachski" (Aug 16th 2015, 10:13pm)

Sunday, August 16th 2015, 10:46pm

reeah19

Intermediate

1. You get a free Wod at max lvl. I don't think you can manage to play without a pet 15-24, is very hard cuz everything hits on you.
2.Pets use your stats so i'm guessing you.
3.Remove cooldown 1st imo.Then Phlebo, Infected bite+Neuro,Evil Genius, Calculating mind,Master Summoner, Blood Tap.

I would keep hellion for leveling, also if you don't get aura (and this is useless for lvling) you can get lurker too and switch between em when you need a tank(you could let hellion rank 2 so you save some talents). If i remember well hellion tanking skills are pretty decent till lvl 45.
At max level you'll be able to get rid of hellion and get all you can see in the PMBs.
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Monday, August 17th 2015, 12:28am

1. You get a free Wod at max lvl. I don't think you can manage to play without a pet 15-24, is very hard cuz everything hits on you.
2.Pets use your stats so i'm guessing you.
3.Remove cooldown 1st imo.Then Phlebo, Infected bite+Neuro,Evil Genius, Calculating mind,Master Summoner, Blood Tap.

I would keep hellion for leveling, also if you don't get aura (and this is useless for lvling) you can get lurker too and switch between em when you need a tank(you could let hellion rank 2 so you save some talents). If i remember well hellion tanking skills are pretty decent till lvl 45.
At max level you'll be able to get rid of hellion and get all you can see in the PMBs.

Awesome! Thank you!

Tuesday, August 18th 2015, 2:34pm

Be careful. I expect its still the same - the Hellion is not a very good tank, and it is easy to out-pace him in threat generation, at which point you have to facetank the mobs. It seems to be OK at lower levels, but in the upper 40s and up, it can be a problem.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.