You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, August 19th 2015, 9:46pm

Launch From Steam?

Hello everyone. I'm returning to Allods after about a year or so and it seems a lot has changed. One thing being a required launcher for the game. This is a bit of an annoyance in that I can not add the game to Steam as a Non-Steam game.

When trying to launch the game by adding the exe to Steam I keep getting an error. This same thing happens for Skyforge as well.

The launcher wouldn't be such a problem if it wasn't required. Look at Uplay, GOG, etc as examples. You can add the EXE to Steam and yes it will still launch the Uplay launcher but Steam will recognize the game and allow you to use Steam overlay features.

If there is a work around for Allods or any My.com game please respond. If not then devs, please consider changing your launcher so it is not required to directly launch the game and make it work more like Uplay or Origin where when adding the game to Steam it will still launch your launcher but Steam will still recognize it as the correct game you are launching.

Thank you in advance to anyone that may know a work around.

Wednesday, August 19th 2015, 9:54pm

most comfortable way is save login and password in chromium-based launcher (default one) and when you want to play just open launcher and select play
no need for steam

Wednesday, August 19th 2015, 9:59pm

You are missing the point. I WANT to use Steam to launch the game so I can use the Steam overlay features. Plus this would allow people to be like "Hey what is this game called Allods?" and then they can watch a stream of the game and maybe they would check it out as well.

I'm looking for a work around to be able to launch from Steam, thank you for the reply though.

Wednesday, August 19th 2015, 11:24pm

Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Thursday, August 20th 2015, 1:19am

So I figured out a bit of a "Work Around".

For those interested just add the My.com exe to your Non-Steam games, you will need to add it for as many My.com games you have if Steam will allow you.

Once you have it added change the name of it from My.com Launcher to Allods (or whatever game you are going to be playing), next change the Icon to the Allods Icon.

When you launch the My.Com Launcher whatever game you play will be able to use the Steam overlay.

Until things are streamlined or until Allods is on Steam this seems like the best and only option right now.

Thursday, August 20th 2015, 5:53am

Cool, does that mean you can use like for example the steam-chat in game?
Downfall (P2P)
Deliverance (F2P)

"I don't have pet peeves - I have major psychotic f****** hatreds!"