You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, August 19th 2015, 9:55pm

Wardens Can Not Use Wand Ranged Attacks?

So I noticed my Warden can carry a one handed wand that states It has a ranged attack, but my character will never engage enemies from afar.

I did read on a gamefaqs thread I think it was that Wardens can not use a wands ranged attack and that slot is there to merely add stats. Is that correct?

If so, why can't they use the wand as ranged and then auto-switch to their melee when the enemy is close enough like other games do?

Wednesday, August 19th 2015, 10:20pm

lol what? every magic spell requieres your wand O.o like Flash Lightning or Vortex ?

Wednesday, August 19th 2015, 11:26pm

Hello,

The wand is not a weapon, for any class.
There's no basic attack with a wand ;).
You use your skills to attack ennemies.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Wednesday, August 19th 2015, 11:28pm

onehanded wand? maye you got a bit confused, in allods is only one type of wand (i call the slot for it the ranged slot, it can be either a physical weapon, like scout for example carry a bow or crossbow in this slot, same with warrior, and the other classes carry a wand there)

what can be different is the type of the physical weapon you carry
warden can carry:
1handed mace + offhand
1handed spear + offhand

2handed spear (uses both slots)
2handed mace (uses both slots)

differences are:
1handed does less dmg (physical) and gives less manareg, but due to offhand the char has more defensive stats
2handed does more dmg (physical) and gives more manareg, but due to no offhand the char has less defensive stats

i would recommend something 2handed, most likely a 2handed mace
(however im not an expert for warden, maybe something else is even better...? question to our warden-experts!)

http://allods.wikia.com/wiki/Armor_&_Equipment_by_Class
this link shows what class can carry what weapon etc
however its not true wardens cant carry offhands

and attacks are using different weapons:
your "lightning strike" uses the wand for example (ike all non-physical attacks)
your "wolfs blow" for example uses the stats of your physical weapon, so the wand only matter due to its stats like vigor etc

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Aug 19th 2015, 11:43pm)

Thursday, August 20th 2015, 1:23am

OH ok so a wand is required for certain spells. Got it. It's still confusing though as the stats on it show it as a Ranged Weapon, I don't remember reading on the item that it is only used for spells. That is why I assumed there was a basic ranged attack with it.

But that makes sense needing it for spells.

Thursday, August 20th 2015, 2:17am

Hello,

You can use spells without a wand, but your spells will not be as powerfull as they can be if you're wearing a wand.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Thursday, August 20th 2015, 9:10am

OH ok so a wand is required for certain spells. Got it. It's still confusing though as the stats on it show it as a Ranged Weapon, I don't remember reading on the item that it is only used for spells. That is why I assumed there was a basic ranged attack with it.

But that makes sense needing it for spells.

Let me put it a different way.
*All* of your spells are your wand ranged attack.

If it's magical, it will base its power off of the strength of your wand.

Thursday, September 17th 2015, 3:15pm

Quoted

warden can carry:
1handed mace + offhand
1handed spear + offhand

My warden has a two handed stave equipped..I am not sure if this counts as a mace, and I also seem to recall reading on an Allods wiki that Wardens can use just staves and fist weapons, but mayhap that has changed.

Thursday, September 17th 2015, 3:21pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Quoted

warden can carry:
1handed mace + offhand
1handed spear + offhand

My warden has a two handed stave equipped..I am not sure if this counts as a mace, and I also seem to recall reading on an Allods wiki that Wardens can use just staves and fist weapons, but mayhap that has changed.

Try to avoid 2h staff at all costs. If while leveling, you end up with one that has much better stats than your previous, go ahead and take it, but for the most part, avoid them. They have VERY LOW melee damage output in comparison to maces/spears. I haven't played my Warden in ... 2 years or so, but I don't think I've ever seen an end-game Warden with a staff since I quit, and even 2 years before that. :)

Thursday, September 17th 2015, 3:27pm

My warden is wee, I never played the class when I played the game a couple years ago and just started playing again. She was given the stave as a quest reward and it's all I have atm. Thanks for the advice though.

Regardless, I was just saying in my previous post that clearly wardens can use more than just maces and spears. :) Which weapon they should use wasn't really part of my post :D

(also as an aside, I apologize for the lack of forum name. I have been trying to glean how to change it, but it will not let me in my profile. I changed it on the my.com site I thought, but it is not showing here. grrrrrrr)