You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, August 23rd 2015, 12:50am

Just some shared thoughts on how to arrange Gearing & gaining Gold

Everyone knows - gearing is expensive... and not only that, as soon as a new levelcap comes the old gear gets less useful or even worthless

Thats the reason for players to either not gear at all or just gear until they reach a certain point of strenght; this certain point usually is (or at least in my case was), where you can more or less oneshot your "farming-mobs"
once this is reached the only reason to get stronger gearwise is if you wish to improve your char for pvp or raids (i do not name astralsectors here since they offer no purpose except getting even stronger gear)
for pvp the economical usage is very limited since you have a fixed amount of BG-emblems each week anyway so what is actually left is the joy of beeing (vastly) superior in pvp, a luxury thing
so instead of gear its much more profitable to upgrade runes / buy items from shop, which wont become useless after some time!

now, there always have been different kinds of farmable mobs with different stats

for example when i started this game, max level was 51;farming-situation was:

low level farmers -> frontier (golems) <-- i spent so much time there i will never forget it, my best farmingexperience i ever had (although my runes were 444333 and no pat5 available on my server), i gained ~200 gold / hour there while exchange rate was like 1:7 or something
middleclass farmers -> wandering isle (undead) <--- when i had my summoner reincarnation it was great to farm there nonstop, i had already level 5 runes in offense and due to summ mechanics i could gain ~ 720 gold / hour, however exchange also was up already at this time
high-end & top-farmers -> kingdom of elements (the old one with cradle!) <--- outside cradle i was abe to farm but due to weakness it was more efficient on other places, i remember seeing bards & psionicists farming there, cutting through fire elementals like a hot sword through butter, it was such a pleasure to watch this... allods looked like a hack'n'slay-game when watching these farmers... it was my biggest wish ingame to be able to farm like this one day!

so back from our little trip to the past of level 51, how is the farmingsituation now?

i would call the lions at "ferris, lost terminal" lowlevel-farmingmobs... they drop proper loot and are easy to kill (and allow AOE!)
KOE mobs are medium... die not so fast but reward is higher (proper AOE is not possible for most players)
mobs outside the laboratory (mechanical snakes) are highend, they drop a LOT of valuable loot (similar rates to the rabbits in umoira before grey loot was reduced ;O)

however these mobs are so endurant its almost impossible to oneshot them, which will offer a new target regarding gear
so if you upgrade your gear, you can again farm more efficient

also, with next sector unlock most likely there will come even more valuable mobs for killing, but they will be so endurant, with low gear no reasonable farming will be possible

now, if enough time is spent with farming these mobs, gearing maybe not only is "refunded" (amortization of upgrading gear costs) but even more profitable than staying at for example blue gear all the time

if seriously planned, an amortization schedule should be done however to make sure its worth this way, this here are only toughts without maths to back it up!

(i am aware, that farming mobs is not the best way of gaining gold these days, but this might be relevant to those who simply enjoy farming more than pvp/astralshipthings/auctions/goblinball but also want to gain gold this way)

Sunday, August 23rd 2015, 12:38pm

Sadly the days where mob farming was most profitable way to get gold are gone, and most likely forever. You can clearly see the developers' intention when looking at what they did to KoE to prevent AoE grinding.

Nowadays the most efficient methods are anti-fun for the type of people who loved grinding for hours and at the same time more fun for average player. This also results in more people doing those activities and a higher exchange rate.

It's all doom and gloom. ;(

Now 7.0 seems like last nail to the coffin, with upgrading (and therefore largest gold sink) gone, people will just straight up pour their whole wealth into the exchange resulting in ridiculous rate. I predict the final extinction of free-to-play player.

Sunday, August 23rd 2015, 1:10pm

make astral allods with ur party and take that crystals fastly approx 400g in 30min. but thats funny with ur friends :)

Sunday, August 23rd 2015, 3:39pm

Sadly the days where mob farming was most profitable way to get gold are gone, and most likely forever. You can clearly see the developers' intention when looking at what they did to KoE to prevent AoE grinding.

Nowadays the most efficient methods are anti-fun for the type of people who loved grinding for hours and at the same time more fun for average player. This also results in more people doing those activities and a higher exchange rate.

It's all doom and gloom. ;(

Now 7.0 seems like last nail to the coffin, with upgrading (and therefore largest gold sink) gone, people will just straight up pour their whole wealth into the exchange resulting in ridiculous rate. I predict the final extinction of free-to-play player.

Can't we give the devs a wake up call dammit? :(

I for once never reached full epic astral gear since I don't like the system. But I wish I knew the system Allods online player was doing since lv51 I wouldev been grinding 24/7 since that time.

I'm a full fledged farmer can't they make it easier on us with the gold? But sooner or later its going to be a must pay IRL money to get what you want if its going at that rate... ;(

Wake up dammit! I don't want such a beautiful game to force me out because of the hard experience in getting gold unless fully decked out in Myth/Leggy! If it does then I must force my self to learn Russian! :thumbdown:

Pvp is already getting harder with the leggy gear, might as well force my self to get geared.... Its just depend on my team strat....
"Why is the rum gone? The rum is gone because several members of this crew that stands before me, this same crew of misbegotten scurvy sea dogs, crept down the hold and GUZZLED IT!"

Sunday, August 23rd 2015, 8:13pm

reeah19

Intermediate

Until this patch i geared at least summoner and paladin. It was expensive but gaining gold was decent. AoE grinding was fun because you could do it whenever you wanted and stop at any time.
Now everything you want to do it needs way more time.
Amalgam quest became useless so no more gold from it, another hit in the free players. Amalgam gave 3-6k gold for about 40 mins quest at under 100g per crystal rate...
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Sunday, August 23rd 2015, 10:45pm

i hate AoE mobs grind.

i think gearing up is tough, 'cause we need to run several islands, then get a lot of amalgam, then get a lot of gold, I'm not worrying about they nerfing ways to get gold, they can nerf that, BUT, only if they nerf the gold that we spend on gearing too.

to mee it could be simplified

Monday, August 24th 2015, 9:55am

Marco

Intermediate

Who knows where ftp players go if 7.0 will make ftp system worser. + for final extinction ;)

Monday, August 24th 2015, 12:02pm

Stiopa91

Beginner

Who knows where ftp players go if 7.0 will make ftp system worser. + for final extinction ;)

They will go there where a good part of the community have already gone... Skyforge.
Efialte\Astinos\Fitzgerald
Dream teamgb

Monday, August 24th 2015, 3:07pm

doubt it^^ played skyforge for a while now and its a shitty game in my eyes :/ also there are some kind of "runes" in the game too^^ but not too sure yet how big they will impact in the endgame^^

Monday, August 24th 2015, 3:28pm

freestile

Professional

just give allods a good/funier/less gold and time consuming gear system and the only downside of the game will be gone. ;)
+ it could provide the community to flee sarnaut world forever ;(

to me, a good gear system shouldn't be THE end-game activity but just a step after lvling phase, which takes about 3 or 4 months to finish and then leads us to the REAL CONTENT (as for exemple many epic and hard pve raids that EVERYBODY could enjoy! not only the 10 best guilds of the server -_-); not just the same uninteresting gear race as that we have since 5 years, again and again and again...

Tuesday, August 25th 2015, 9:45pm

reeah19

Intermediate

REAL CONTENT (as for exemple many epic and hard pve raids that EVERYBODY could enjoy! not only the 10 best guilds of the server -_-)

and raids that are hard to complete even after 2-3 patches, before GT was hard to finish in 47 patch but in 51 was totally doable.
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden