You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 4:13pm

How does PVP work?

I was playing another game really similar to this one, and it had the option of PVP server where everyone fights everyone, or PVE server where PVP is optional and can be turned on or off whenever you want. You turn it off and then just ignore everybody and do your own thing.

This game "appears" to have the option to turn PVP off but does it actually even do anything at all? Because people can just get War Banners or Blood Lust/Battle Lust/whatever it's called and attack you anyway.

It lets me heal people with green names and target people with yellow names. Is green names my own faction, or does that mean they have PVP off? Does yellow mean they have PVP on, or does it just mean they're from the opposing faction? And what is red? I just saw someone flipping back and forth from red to yellow and back again.

Also, if you have a War Banner, can you attack your own faction? If somebody has one on the map but they're my own faction, is it safe to just ignore them and only worry about it if they're of the opposing faction? A War Banner is marked on the map, but how do you know if somebody has Battle Lust or whatever it's called?

Basically, how do you know if a person will attack your or not? Does having PVP turned off mean I can just ignore everyone unless they have a War Banner?

I'm starting to get really irritated because I don't like this thing of "Well you can turn PVP off but people can still attack you anyway." MY PVP setting has occasionally flipped itself to active without my consent and without notifying me. I keep avoiding people because I don't know if they can attack me or if it's safe to go by them and do my quest. Can you turn PVP off or not? Is there anything you can buy from the shop with real money that will turn it off completely?

This is really the only issue I have with this game. I started playing because I could just turn PVP off and relax, but now it's starting to look like PVP actually isn't optional.

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 4:57pm

freestile

Professional

sooo, i'll try to answer you :

-only people from the opposite faction and with a red name can attack you
-a war banner allow you to attack people from the opposite faction even if they have war flag (pvp mode) off
-you have 10% xp boost in pvp maps if your war flag is on pvp mode
-in some areas pvp isn't possible but as soon as you're outside of this are (and your ennemi too) you can fight
-some quest in which you have to kill some npc from opposite faction put your war flag on automaticaly when you hit these npc
-people with green names are from your own faction (npc or players)
-players with yellow names are from the opposite faction with warflag off, you can attack them if you get a war banner
-war banner from your faction are your allies, you can't attack them
-you should know that priden race can be from league AND impe side so put your mouse on pridens to see if they are allies or ennemis (or just look at their name ==> green=fiend)
- at max lvl the bg's are now faction mixed, you fight with your team mates but they can be leagua or impe

hope it helped you ;)

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 5:23pm

sooo, i'll try to answer you :

-only people from the opposite faction and with a red name can attack you
-a war banner allow you to attack people from the opposite faction even if they have war flag (pvp mode) off
-you have 10% xp boost in pvp maps if your war flag is on pvp mode
-in some areas pvp isn't possible but as soon as you're outside of this are (and your ennemi too) you can fight
-some quest in which you have to kill some npc from opposite faction put your war flag on automaticaly when you hit these npc
-people with green names are from your own faction (npc or players)
-players with yellow names are from the opposite faction with warflag off, you can attack them if you get a war banner
-war banner from your faction are your allies, you can't attack them
-you should know that priden race can be from league AND impe side so put your mouse on pridens to see if they are allies or ennemis (or just look at their name ==> green=fiend)
- at max lvl the bg's are now faction mixed, you fight with your team mates but they can be leagua or impe

hope it helped you ;)
Thank you very much. But what are "the bg's" ?

Are you saying for the quests that ask "Kill x players" I can attack NPCs instead of players and it will count?

On the other game, towns and such were "safe zones" and you couldn't be attacked if you ran in there, but on this game I'm not sure that applies. I only saw the "safe zone" tag on my character one time. If I'm in a village/etc talking to an NPC or next to a portal or checking the mail or using a shop, can people swoop in and attack me while I'm busy? What about the capital city where there is a lot of people swarmed around, is it safe in there?

Another thing is I see people with yellow names, but their pet is red. What's with that?

And what was going on with the person who was yellow then red then yellow then red? They were yellow until a green player went by them, then suddenly they were red and attacked that person. So do I avoid only red names, or do I avoid everyone who isn't green? And do I avoid red names EVERYWHERE, or am I safe in a town? I've been rushing through turning in/accepting quests because I'm afraid the red player doing the same quest as me is going to jump on me while I'm talking to the NPC and if you try to attack back it says "You are busy" and makes you stop what you're doing and click on the target and so on and I would be dead by then.

Also, how do levels apply to this? Can anyone attack anyone, or is there a restriction that you can only attack people close to your level? If I'm 38 and there is a red-name but they are 25 can I just ignore them? Or can lower levels attack me, but higher levels can't?

I really think this is all very stupid. It should have a simple PVP-On/PVP-Off, no silly exceptions. But what I think doesn't matter.

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 6:23pm

well bgs is the shortcut for battleground where you go to fight other players

for quests kill x orcs for example you really have to kill enemy players but those quests doesnt give you much so you can ignore them

the town is a safe zone more or less^^ if you have pvp off then you are 100% safe if you have it on and an enemy player decides to go into town then he can attack you

yellow names and red pet is just a display bug and can be ignored

when they are yellow and then go red and attack someone well then they had pvp mode off thats why yellow but still decidet to attack an enemy player which flaggs them and they turn red so better be careful of red and yellow names

lvl doesnt matter much you can attack what you want a lvl 65 can kill a lvl 4 if he wants but he doesnt gain anything from it^^ but when you attack ppl with a war banner against their will there is a max 4 (not absolutly sure) diffrence where you can attack so

btw in the past there where rrly no warbanners and others couldnt attack you but then the non attackable players decidet to heal and buff players who where fighting so now you get flagged every time you interact negativly with the opposite fraction or positivly with a flagged player of your own fraction

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 6:29pm

Kurtcobain

Professional

but when you attack ppl with a war banner against their will there is a
max 4 (not absolutly sure) diffrence where you can attack so

exactly 4 level is max with the banner
Kurtcobain-Lvl 80-Demo/ Sechmet-Lvl 80 Cleric

KurtCobain - lvl 80 Cleric (LEAGUE)

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 7:10pm

well bgs is the shortcut for battleground where you go to fight other players

for quests kill x orcs for example you really have to kill enemy players but those quests doesnt give you much so you can ignore them

the town is a safe zone more or less^^ if you have pvp off then you are 100% safe if you have it on and an enemy player decides to go into town then he can attack you

yellow names and red pet is just a display bug and can be ignored

when they are yellow and then go red and attack someone well then they had pvp mode off thats why yellow but still decidet to attack an enemy player which flaggs them and they turn red so better be careful of red and yellow names

lvl doesnt matter much you can attack what you want a lvl 65 can kill a lvl 4 if he wants but he doesnt gain anything from it^^ but when you attack ppl with a war banner against their will there is a max 4 (not absolutly sure) diffrence where you can attack so

btw in the past there where rrly no warbanners and others couldnt attack you but then the non attackable players decidet to heal and buff players who where fighting so now you get flagged every time you interact negativly with the opposite fraction or positivly with a flagged player of your own fraction

So can people with red names attack me regardless of my PVP settings? And technically, anyone in yellow can attack me regardless of my PVP settings if they randomly decide to? Meaning you actually can't turn off PVP?

Are all towns safe, or only the capital city?

As far as "doesn't gain anything from it" does killing low level players still increase your number of PVP kills? So people can farm low levels and then brag about their number of kills? And does the PVP kill count serve any purpose beyond just bragging rights/personal scores?

Basically high levels can kill you whenever they want and you can't turn off PVP to stop them?

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 7:19pm

Next to your character portrait there is what is called Flag of War. When it's green and shows a shield no one can attack you unless if it is a warbanner. People from other faction with their FoW off will appear yellow to you. And if both yours are off neither can attack.
When you click it, it turns red with weapon drawn, you can be attacked by anyone.

Sometimes when questing you might stumble upon some humanoid mobs from the other faction, attacking them or other player with FoW on will turn your FoW on for 5 mintues.
But yes, when questing some mobs from other faction can make you flagged, that's probably where your issue is. Otherwise people can't attack you whenver they want.

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 7:27pm

freestile

Professional

-players from opposite faction can fight only if they both have their war flag on or if one of them have a war banner
-most of the cities have a buff that doesn't allow to pvp, but capital cities don't have this buff (sometimes people go into the opposite faction's capital to pvp or to try to kill the faction leader (aidnius and yasker) for glory.
-if you have your warflag off a hight lvl player wont be able to attack you

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 7:58pm

Basically high levels can kill you whenever they want and you can't turn off PVP to stop them?

No, a level 4 or more higher than you cannot attack you ever unless you turn PvP on yourself (by clicking the icon or attacking/healing/buffing flagged NPC).

A 0-3 higher level can attack you if you don't turn PvP on only if they use a war banner.

Edit: Not entirely sure which category the "exactly 4" higher level falls into.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Aug 30th 2015, 8:03pm)

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 8:13pm

Thank you everybody for the replies. ^^

To be clear, the War Banner only matters if it's an opposing faction within 4 levels, and nobody else can bother me with PVP turned off. If they're of an opposing faction but are more than 4 levels higher or lower, I can ignore them. Is that accurate?

What do red-lettered names mean and do I need to worry about them with PVP turned off?

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 8:34pm

To be clear, the War Banner only matters if it's an opposing faction within 4 levels, and nobody else can bother me with PVP turned off. If they're of an opposing faction but are more than 4 levels higher or lower, I can ignore them. Is that accurate?

War Banner is an aura-like effect, so any opposing faction member within 4 levels of your level who is standing close enough to the person with the banner can attack you.

What do red-lettered names mean and do I need to worry about them with PVP turned off?

Red-lettered names mean those players have PvP on. Yellow-lettered names mean they have PvP off.

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 9:42pm

Red-lettered names mean those players have PvP on. Yellow-lettered names mean they have PvP off.
Even if they have theirs turned on and name is in red, am I still safe as long as mine is turned off and nobody has a War Banner nearby?

How do you tell if someone has Blood Lust or Battle Lust or whatever it's called?

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 9:44pm

players of your own faction can be only hostile under special circumstances, like melting isle, arena and open astral (and ofc battlegrounds)

the effect of the warbanner can be recognized by the according buff of the player
also, warbanner has a 30 second warmuptime before it can be used!

so example:

you are in leveling area, suddenly a warbanner of enemy faction pops
you dont want to risk getting killed
so just press Ctrl H and teleport away, done (its faster than 30 sec)

other example, you come to an area, just open map and look, if you see no warbanner there is no threath for you

as long as your pvp option is off (green) noone will be able to attack you

if someone of your own faction pops a warbanner its of no relevance to you, except you want to gain the warbanner buff yourself in order to attack OTHER unmarked players of enemy faction

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Aug 30th 2015, 10:57pm)

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 10:31pm

players of your own faction can be only hostile under special circumstances, like melting isle, arena and open astral (and ofc battlegrounds)

the effect of the warbanner can be recognized by the according buff of the player
also, warbanner has a 30 second warmuptime before it can be used!

so example:

you are in leveling area, suddenly a warbanner of enemy faction pops
you dont want to risk getting killed
so just press Ctrl H and teleport away, done (its faster than 30 sec)

other example, you come to an area, just open map and look, if you see no warbanner there is no threath for you

as long as your pvp option is off (green) noone will be able to attack you

if someone of your own faction pops a warbanner its of no relevance to you, except you want to gain the warbanner buf yourself in order to attack OTHER unmarked players of enemy faction
Okay I don't know about the Cntrl-H, what does that do? Or what is it SUPPOSED to do because I reset a lot of my keys to custom and they're not on the default settings. All I know is regular normal hitting H hides the interface.

I have been using Kingdom of Nature to flee when people with banners chase me but it takes a long time before it can be used again so is not very reliable.

These areas of special conditions, will I be prompted when I visit? Or will I accidentally wander into an allod that's actually a free-for-all without knowing it? Do those areas require some special way of going there/you'll get there deliberately and not by accident? Excluding the duel arena place that auto-path likes to have you parade through while people are sparring.

Thanks very much. ^^

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 11:07pm

Ctrl H is by default the "Homestone", the portable teleporter you have
if you want to access it with mouse open your chars gear/statswindow and click on the picture of the teleportstone its labeled "stone of the adventurer" or something like that
then you can select a portalpoint to flee to
it takes 15 seconds, so if someone really pops the banner next to you you have 15 sec to react and 15 sec to cast, then you should be gone

kingdom of nature is also an option to flee

all areas with special conditions i have named you most likely will NOT enter by "accident"

melting isle = talk with small dragon npc about it and then go to june ruin and select "go to MI"
arena = obvious and dying there does not matter since you can respawn instant
and open astral, well by the time you go to open astral you will know how it works; a player would have to come close to your ship with his ship, then he can jump over and molest you (or he break your ship then he can even port over)
also, btw, astral is also an open pvp map, but ship-pvp mainly

last words: dont worry too much about dying in allods, its not a big deal, you can respawn instant and mirracosts are not worth wasting a thought on, especially as a low-level-player
those who "fear" death are reincarnations with exp-gain on, because they lose exp when they die, and there is an item to prevent that exp loss, but thats in far future for you i guess ;)

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 11:52pm

Ctrl H is by default the "Homestone", the portable teleporter you have
if you want to access it with mouse open your chars gear/statswindow and click on the picture of the teleportstone its labeled "stone of the adventurer" or something like that
then you can select a portalpoint to flee to
it takes 15 seconds, so if someone really pops the banner next to you you have 15 sec to react and 15 sec to cast, then you should be gone

kingdom of nature is also an option to flee

all areas with special conditions i have named you most likely will NOT enter by "accident"

melting isle = talk with small dragon npc about it and then go to june ruin and select "go to MI"
arena = obvious and dying there does not matter since you can respawn instant
and open astral, well by the time you go to open astral you will know how it works; a player would have to come close to your ship with his ship, then he can jump over and molest you (or he break your ship then he can even port over)
also, btw, astral is also an open pvp map, but ship-pvp mainly

last words: dont worry too much about dying in allods, its not a big deal, you can respawn instant and mirracosts are not worth wasting a thought on, especially as a low-level-player
those who "fear" death are reincarnations with exp-gain on, because they lose exp when they die, and there is an item to prevent that exp loss, but thats in far future for you i guess ;)

Thanks for answering. ^^

What was going on today where there was a person in yellow, but then suddenly they'd turn red and then yellow and then red, and they were attacking a person who had a green name for me? I suppose if the green person DID have their PVP on, I wouldn't know because they were part of my own faction and would have been green regardless, right? I suppose the person was turning their PVP on and off, leaving it off then suddenly changing their mind and attacking. I thought there was supposed to be a wait limit where you couldn't flip it off right away after turning it on, because once you start a fight with someone you can't just PVP off because you're losing.

But if mine is off do I not have to worry about people like that at all? I can just go on through and do my quest?

I just don't like being bothered by people. I don't like PVP. I really want a ship so if the ships are mandatory PVP no matter what, then I will have to decide how bad I want one, if it's worth sticking with the game and going that far or if I should just give up now because I don't like PVP. They seem to be expensive and I don't want to put all that effort into it just to have some troll player come and tear it up and make me pay to have it fixed, that will irritate me. If I get the ship, can I avoid PVP or is it just inevitable people will come tear my stuff up all the time after I finally get it?

Monday, August 31st 2015, 12:18am

reeah19

Intermediate

you can avoid pvp if you don't like it, my friend been playing for 4 years and never went into a battleground lol, important thing is you can choose do to whatever you like in this game :), tho bgs bring good rewards and the effort imo is minimal (i rarely pvp outside of em also)

there is also ship pvp, rarely but is there
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Monday, August 31st 2015, 4:37am

Thanks for answering. ^^

What was going on today where there was a person in yellow, but then suddenly they'd turn red and then yellow and then red, and they were attacking a person who had a green name for me? I suppose if the green person DID have their PVP on, I wouldn't know because they were part of my own faction and would have been green regardless, right? I suppose the person was turning their PVP on and off, leaving it off then suddenly changing their mind and attacking. I thought there was supposed to be a wait limit where you couldn't flip it off right away after turning it on, because once you start a fight with someone you can't just PVP off because you're losing.

But if mine is off do I not have to worry about people like that at all? I can just go on through and do my quest?

I just don't like being bothered by people. I don't like PVP. I really want a ship so if the ships are mandatory PVP no matter what, then I will have to decide how bad I want one, if it's worth sticking with the game and going that far or if I should just give up now because I don't like PVP. They seem to be expensive and I don't want to put all that effort into it just to have some troll player come and tear it up and make me pay to have it fixed, that will irritate me. If I get the ship, can I avoid PVP or is it just inevitable people will come tear my stuff up all the time after I finally get it?
the ones you see as green (your fellow players) are yellow & red for other faction (player with pvp OFF yellow and npc / player with pvp ON always red)
you can know the pvp-status of your fellow player if you click him and look at his portrait, if there are crossed swords its ON

there is a 5 minute buffer if you have pvp ON until its OFF again, however turning it on is instant

and yes, if yours if off you dont have to worry at all (just dont attack the red player or it will go ON)
only careful when a warbanner pops, but its clearly visible at the map and can easy be avoided

so you can avoid all the pvp and level in peace without getting molested if you wish to do so
btw you can use the ship for pve too, a lot, ship-pvp is rare
however you cant disable pvp for ships so keep ur eyes open, because destroying a ship gives gold
however if ships gets destroyed, it gets a 4 hour buff which makes it "drop" no more gold, so 99,9& of the time you wont get stalked by killers
(also ship can be restored, used if wrecked in pve too)

death is no serious matter in allods
(it only was for some limited time when items got cursed from death and other nonsense, but this silly mechanic has been discarded for a loooong time now)

btw you might wan to get some ESP addon, would make you know if an enemy is nearby... 8o
example
https://alloder.pro/files/file/118-asniper/

but there are others too

Monday, August 31st 2015, 10:24am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Might add something...

- Contested (PvP) zones start from Asee-Teph level 23. Zones before that are relatively safe. It's rare an enemy will come to these lower level zones to kill unexpecting people because those zones DO NOT drop warbanners so enemies can't kill anyone unless someone has their flag of war on (Which some people have to gain xp faster on lower levels. And that's how I've gotten killed a few times in the past in Siveria - League's level 11-16 zone). Capital zone is the most common low level zone where you might encounter enemies but even that has become rare.

- Some zones have camps which are protected - for example Eljune's Bazaar, Coba Plateau's Prospector's Inn, Avilon's Historians' Camp, Dragon Ring's main camp, Kirah's Whirlpool of Time and so forth. Each such protected area has yellowish shield buff showing on your icon's buffs.

- After Asee-Teph, each new zone will progressively have more quests you have to do that turn your own flag of war on from killing a mob or npc. In this way (annoying I know) the game tries to guide players into PvP. I call that forcing into PvP, which I personally hate. However, the game has become low on population that means you can play most lower zones 60% to 70% of time without ever engaging into PvP. Weekends and Lucky Moment (special) events are always more busy and you can see much more PvP.

- In my own experience, most PvP "heavy" questing zones are Asee-Teph, Eljune, Coba Plateau, Yazes and Kirah. Especially Kirah at certain hours when some max levels comes to either race or search Time Wanderer npcs only available for certain times of the day and Kirah in general have lots of quests turning your flag of war open so a random passing by enemy player can snipe you dead. (Happened to me yesterday with an incarnation. I had 1 min before my flag of war would have closed after doing a quest to kill an enemy npc boss. Went happily to do other quests and a level 65 opposite faction player 1-shot me from behind while I was killing a bunch of cobras. It was frustrating because I was close to leveling and incarnation loses 10% of it's already gained experience, if it dies. At those levels, that's a lot of xp when you are close at leveling.)

- As a new player and before reaching 55+ zones, dying doesn't matter much. The mirra you get (1000) when you start playing lasts a very long time unless you die very often. Try keeping your Patron level the same as your character level (you gain points by using skills that use mirra: Salvation, Marty's Gift, Martyr's Guidance and Martyr's Protection). The higher your level is, the more it buffs you. (Don't mix it with Patronage level that gives you your patronage skills mentioned above, that can max be 4 without Item Shop goods). Patron level is indicated in white when you hover your mouse over your Great Martyr's Sign. It can't be higher than your current level. Such upgrading will use lots of mirra so you will need to buy more of it but it also gives a significant boost to your character (needs incense used you can gain daily for free by doing Regular Customer quest.) While 55+ levels doesn't mean anything in the sense of dying, resurrecting yourself, however, becomes costly - using considerably more mirra and gold to buy mirra).
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Monday, August 31st 2015, 1:55pm

you can avoid pvp if you don't like it, my friend been playing for 4 years and never went into a battleground lol, important thing is you can choose do to whatever you like in this game :), tho bgs bring good rewards and the effort imo is minimal (i rarely pvp outside of em also)

there is also ship pvp, rarely but is there
Thank you. ^^