You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 5:13pm

Patronage 5

Patronage 5 is a very important part of the game. Necesary for PVP and PVE on an enjoyable level. So, how its possible that it is so extremly expensive. ABOUT 14000BC, for the ,,f2p,, players about 3,8 million gold. Come on, we will go on Steam. And the new players have to pay around 140 euro to fully enjoy the game? They will leave as soon as they see this shit. I have no problem with the Runes, Scrolls etc. But this simply sucks.

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 6:42pm

freestile

Professional

i'd say its around 12kbc but yes it is really expensive ;(
+ i've accepted a quest saying "try out the p5's powers with this free sample" but no coupons appeared in my bag...thx -_-

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 6:50pm

Hello,

Don't forget that you can buy this patronage all along your playtime. You can have it in two years if you want.
Consider it like a 2hours potion or elixir, not as a whole permanent buff.
You are not forced to spent 12k+ BC at once.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 7:52pm

Kissaki

Trainee

For P5 and a lot of the top items I would personally like to see huge discounts on buying them after they've been in game for a number of years.

When new items come, ok sell them to those few who are willing to pay, but after a long enough time the price should drop rapidly so that everyone can buy them. It makes sense even from a sales perspective that you would make some items available for cheap - you took all the money you're likely to get from those players willing to spend a lot, so now give them cheaper to appeal to the masses. It's sensible marketing.

I own most cashshop items and it wouldn't bother me that I'd paid a price for them that became heavily discounted. I would see it as I've had the use of the item for 1 year+ and I paid for that privilege.

But in the interest of keeping these items accessible for players who don't have the means to pay so much, I think discounting old items is a very good idea and a sensible one that would make more money for the game than keeping them exclusive.

There's been talk before on offering starter bundles etcetc. There are many sensible ways to do this and its really not important how the game makes things cheaper after a long enough time has passed, only that it does make them cheaper.

Items such as:
Fountain of Death
Patronage 5
Study of Perfection

Should be almost free by now, or given in quests or for 10 euros cos yolo.

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 8:11pm

Effreti

Trainee

There's been talk before on offering starter bundles etcetc. There are many sensible ways to do this and its really not important how the game makes things cheaper after a long enough time has passed, only that it does make them cheaper.

The russians had a sale to mark the end of summer, up to 90% price reduction on over 70 items. Maybe we will get the same, closer to 7.0
Effreti - 75 Scout Empire - 75 Paladin - 75 Druid - New frontier
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 9:09pm

I would see it as I've had the use of the item for 1 year+ and I paid for that privilege.

i think thats the reason why we get so many temporary items now (teal carnifex, holy weapon, future trinketthing, classchange, spec of light, etc
this way veterans wont be pissed off but the goal your meant is still achieved
sensible marketing
when i read that i though this needs to be done with MUCH care...
otherwise you make your players which have bought it already angry ("why i had to pay x while players now can get it for y?"); the result can be that the big spenders are no longer willing to buy things bcause they learned they will get it cheaper if they just wait a bit
so you reduce your customers to those who cant wait at all while losing the average buyers
especially for really powerful/valuable/rare items

this game is progressive and making these things easy accessible is like making all the effort nearly worthless
(gearreset every year is bad enough!)

as for topic, as Glaida said, P5 is not like you have to buy it for permanenty at once
there is a reason why you can activate it for some hours and do not have to get 10.000/10.000 first

if you have done that often enough, as a reward you get it perm then
there is no hurry at all to get it permanently

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 11:29pm

Quoted

otherwise you make your players which have bought it already angry ("why i had to pay x while players now can get it for y?"); the result can be that the big spenders are no longer willing to buy things bcause they learned they will get it cheaper if they just wait a bit
so you reduce your customers to those who cant wait at all while losing the average buyers

I dont ask for it being easy, perfectly fine with a hard way. Like you can do it in 2-3 months with casual farming. But NOT FREAKING INSANE. That was even maybe possible one time when gold/BC ratio was at point but now its just crazy as well. Even buying one and activating is so expensive that you wont have any money for anything else.
Marketing sensibility? Angry players? Really? You ve got the option to purchase a lv 55 with RUNES for what other players spend an extreme amout of time, gold and money. Now you can buy it in store. I just wonder there isnt a Patronge 6 for 150euro....... yet. But will possibly come.

You are crying about the fact that you have to grind for new equip every season ? Do you mean it? Thats pretty usual in every GAME! Not comperable with adding CASH ITEMS, which heavily influent the PVP AND PVE and ARE NECESSARY for the competetive game.
THERE NOTHING HONORABLE BEHIND ADDING a BUING EVERY FEW MONTHS an item XXXX that gives 300 % dmg,500 %defense ..... Thats like the publisher would say here a new item which doubles your HP for 50 euro buy it or be fodder for the one who actually WILL buy it.
Allods in general is such a beatiful polished game. Whats the reason of ruining it that way.
( NO PROBLEM WITH NORMAL CASH SHOP, i spent every few months 20-30eu to sponsore the game. BUT to much is to much.)

PS: ALLODS ONLINE- ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER - spare your time and keep your words for yourself.

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 11:51pm

Pochtron

Intermediate

sensible marketing

I think you have no clue how big spenders work. When something comes out that gives them an advantage in game, they want it now and will get it fast by all possible means.
People willing to wait will farm it over time, and there is another loss of money for my.com coz they will eventually get for free, but also make the currency rise with their farming hence hurting the game overall economy.
If people knew there is a chance to buy the top items for -90% after a year, they will maybe wait and then still spend the cash or farm that bit. But at least it will hurt currency less, and they can spend the non-farming time to actually play the game content and improve their gear/skills/pvp etc.

As for making items like P5, WoL/WoD (or others) almost free, as talked before, plz make it happen asap : new players have so much to catch up, giving away some items to get them started will maybe help them to actually stay in game and do it.
Anything that can be done to help new players - without fully closing the gap with top players, but at least make it a sensible goal for a normal player - should be done before opening the game to steam, or the community will tear it apart.

Wednesday, December 2nd 2015, 1:33am

Kissaki

Trainee

If I remember correctly, RU Allods gave away free Pat 5 with a daily quest - was there a reason we didn't get the same in-game content on the International server?

I'm not some kinda tree-hugger who wants everything for everybody, but I am saying that the company would make more money by selling the oldest OP items at a discount. The people who will spend 200 euros on a FoD already bought the FoD 4 years ago when it was cool. The people who might buy it now would perhaps spend 30 euros, and having such items would make them enjoy the game more, while also profiting the company.

For me, the best example is Fountain of Death - it is an item that provides no advantage man to man, is augmented by recent items (goblin scroll), but is really useful for all players to adapt builds or change roles. Without it I'd be tied to PVP healer and PVE healer. With it I can play Caster/MH in pvp and dps as well as modify these builds endlessly. Pat 5 increases dps/heals by 14% or so, but many people could increase their dps/heals by much much more than 14% if they weren't stuck in crappy builds or limited to playing only 2 builds.

Its natural for the price of goods to lower over time - this happens in most businesses.

Ofc, if you really, really wanted to make money out of allods, the first thing you'd do is cut Crystal Chip prices so they are 1/3rd of their current price :)

Wednesday, December 2nd 2015, 3:02pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Its natural for the price of goods to lower over time - this happens in most businesses.
In allods, the only way this usually works is like this example:

December 15: Patronage 5 decreases by 60% of it's original cost!!!
December 16: Patronage 6 is introduced at a 25% increased cost than Patronage 5's original price.

Ofc, if you really, really wanted to make money out of allods, the first thing you'd do is cut Crystal Chip prices so they are 1/3rd of their current price :)
I think 1/3 is a little bit more than it should be, honestly. I truly believe Crystal Chip prices are around 50% too high though, so a 1/2 price decrease in Crystal Chips would be fantastic if we could see that.

Thursday, December 3rd 2015, 5:42pm

Last year we have this event

http://allods.my.com/en/news/sales/patro…50-dont-miss-it

i hope a return off this or it is a suggestion ..... (sorry my english is so poor !)
Allods c'est comme une pièce de monnaie pour bien le connaitre je joue les 2 faces ;)

Cybermaman Modératrice FR
invitation discord communauté allods RU + EU https://discord.gg/Qf6nNAXveK