You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, December 16th 2015, 10:37pm

Games population

I havent played this game since 2011 and Wanted to know what has changed? I just finished linking my old account which was full of goodies like a yasker hawk uniform and some other fun stuff and i remembered the ship combat and felt like i had to give it a go again. So what is the NA population? I heard it died but now idk as there seems to be activity around now. (Also is there a name changer potion or something? As my old characters name i want to change lol. I used to play as the Imperial Stalker GeneralShadow)

Wednesday, December 16th 2015, 10:57pm

Lioo

Professional

Occupation: Software Developer, Allods Online Moderator, Cloud Pirates Moderator

For a name change you have to buy the "Scroll of Oblivion". It can be found in the Boutique: Services -> Charackter
Forum Code Of ConductGeneral Game RulesAccount Ownership RulesSupport Staff

• Subscribe to my Gaming or Anime YouTube Channel • Visit me on MAL

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lioo" (Dec 17th 2015, 4:44pm)

Wednesday, December 16th 2015, 11:00pm

But what about the game population? And is the pay to win still horrendus?

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 8:25am

Marco

Intermediate

Yes of course come to p2p if Interesteds i will add m on facebook Ismael Marco Mattes. We search NAers AS well furthermore for 7.0too

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 11:10am

But what about the game population? And is the pay to win still horrendus?

The population is fairly low, even on F2P (at least by MMORPG standards) and it's significantly lower than that on P2P.
The pay to win is probably just as bad as ever, if not worse (runes, scrolls, additional defensive stats, battle mounts, elixirs, 5th patronage, trinkets and a ton more).

My somewhat biased suggestion is to give it a break until 7.0 is announced for these servers, then join the P2P before it hits (just so you can get a level 65 character and save up some gold to be prepared for the new patch). There'll be probably a greater influx of players (those who played on P2P before, those who play on private servers and maybe a few who plays on F2P will come over as well).
The gearing in 6.0 is quite a tedious process currently and as soon 7.0 hits, your gear will be long obsolete.
The downside is that there's no ETA on the 7.0, so for all we know it could come in half a year.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 11:45am

Marco

Intermediate

Thats a good idea, fully agree Hiren ;)

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 12:35pm

The population is fairly low, even on F2P (at least by MMORPG standards) and it's significantly lower than that on P2P.

f2p population is lower than p2p population? this is wrong

as for OP questions:
due to merge there are much more players now in total, dont know about NA players in particular, but allods southamerica was also merged to this server, so more players in this timezone

as for "paytowin", as a free player only time is your limit, who pays gets things faster
so its "pay to boost" (or "pay to get things faster") or whatever...
but no items that are behind a paywall

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 3:15pm

Hello,

This is absolutly not what he's saying.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 3:44pm

Hello,

This is absolutly not what he's saying.
its very easy to missunderstand
i read it 3 times before i replied but in the end this reads like population on F2P is significantly lower than the one on P2P :pinch:

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 5:28pm

as for "paytowin", as a free player only time is your limit, who pays gets things faster

Except the with that "time limit" he might even catch up with the older players by the time 8.0 hits. As long as he grinds a lot.
Realistically without the "pay to boost" he'll remain underdog for insanely long time. Which is in my opinion is a terrible decision - but flagellants have been known to exist, so this could be a modern day iteration.

its very easy to missunderstand
i read it 3 times before i replied but in the end this reads like population on F2P is significantly lower than the one on P2P

That's my bad right there. I shall attempt to draw a picture next time.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 5:35pm

Zitat von »Hiren«

as for OP questions:
due to merge there are much more players now in total, dont know about NA players in particular, but allods southamerica was also merged to this server, so more players in this timezone

I cannot understand how your are still defending the cash shop based system of the allods f2p server. In every possible thread you are spreading claims which turn out to be nonsense.
This game firstly makes fun playing when hitting the endcontent. But yeah try to do that with lvl 7 runes and a massive amount of scrolls and cash shop items missing.
Even if you are only farming items per ingame gold, it will take a tremendous amount of time. And if you finally saved uo the gold needed for e.g. a new scroll or so, something better already appeared.
"pay to get things faster" - best joke i heard today...
good luck with farming nab

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 7:02pm

"pay to get things faster" - best joke i heard today...

Well, it's not really a lie saying it's "pay to get things faster", however not mentioning the part where you're always behind because new significant advantages get added faster than you can obtain already existing ones is very harmful to new players.

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 7:23pm

ideally (not very realistic) , someone would play from day 1 the game went life & farm every day so he always have enough gold / BC as a buffer to instantly buy new things that come out
in a progressive game those who start later always have a bad start; in allods you can improve your situation by $ since you can catch up faster this way
(there are some verterans which have level 11 runes by now without ever paying noticeable amounts of $ just because they play so much and have set the right priorities)

so yes, its very hard for new players, no question, but this is also somehow a good thing as it filters those who give up easy and are not willing to play properly (this is btw one of the things that hooked me in this game!)

as it seems, with the introduction of temporary items there is now some sort of cap regarding items

and for those which do not like the idea of slowly catching up or spending larger amounts of $ i recommend the subscriptionserver, there is only gear to catch up more or less
I cannot understand how your are still defending the cash shop based system of the allods f2p server
it actually makes feel gamingprogress worth something! i farmed a lot and got a lot for that, a great feeling!

imagine there would be no cashoption, only farming... would you be mad at "24/7 nolife farmers" then?
just imagine all cashers as extreme farmers and you are golden with everything regarding cashshop...
(or imagine top-up-option as a 3rd party goldseller some ppl use - but be happy the $ actually goes to those who run the game instead!!)

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 8:28pm

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 10:21pm

imagine there would be no cashoption, only farming...

That would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD :thumbsup:

Friday, December 18th 2015, 3:39pm

need A name

Intermediate

so yes, its very hard for new players, no question, but this is also somehow a good thing as it filters those who give up easy and are not willing to play properly
'Cause this is, what Allods really needs: Some I-have-no-life-conditions for just hardcore-playing this game to get the feeling you are someone but a hopeless guy playing a game so much.
And all the others, who just wanna enjoy the game with its fantastic gameplay and enviroment, storysetting and also pvp (if this would work how it should be) are sorted out just by the reason they don't wanna pay for it - neither with cash nor lifetime.

And then everybody's wondering why Allod's so low-populated. Great. :thumbup:
"Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidtiy...I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Friday, December 18th 2015, 7:10pm

freestile

Professional

Some I-have-no-life-conditions for just hardcore-playing this game to get the feeling you are someone but a hopeless guy playing a game so much.

yep, this is pretty much what an mmorpg must be IMO, i have nothing against casus, but i think an mmo should be designed for hardcore players in the first places :whistling:

Friday, December 18th 2015, 7:52pm

yep, this is pretty much what an mmorpg must be IMO, i have nothing against casus, but i think an mmo should be designed for hardcore players in the first places :whistling:

Hardcore doesn't necessarily mean tedious no-brainer grinding for years. Substitute that part with quality difficult content and enjoy the influx of both casual and hardcore players who can actually compete eachother on a level playing field using skill and knowledge rather than money and decades spent grinding for boutique items.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Friday, December 18th 2015, 9:07pm

freestile

Professional

Hardcore doesn't necessarily mean tedious no-brainer grinding for years. Substitute that part with quality difficult content and enjoy the influx of both casual and hardcore players who can actually compete eachother on a level playing field using skill and knowledge rather than money and decades spent grinding for boutique items.

fully agree

Saturday, December 19th 2015, 1:38pm

so yes, its very hard for new players, no question, but this is also somehow a good thing as it filters those who give up easy and are not willing to play properly
'Cause this is, what Allods really needs: Some I-have-no-life-conditions for just hardcore-playing this game to get the feeling you are someone but a hopeless guy playing a game so much.
And all the others, who just wanna enjoy the game with its fantastic gameplay and enviroment, storysetting and also pvp (if this would work how it should be) are sorted out just by the reason they don't wanna pay for it - neither with cash nor lifetime.

And then everybody's wondering why Allod's so low-populated. Great. :thumbup:
playing a mmo properly (meaning to participate in almost every aspect of the game while gaining maximum strenght) is somehow "hardcore" by definition, for those who do not want this there are options to play as casual / other games
but ofc a casual will be inferior to a regular player or even a hardcoreplayer

however in allods are many many options to have fun as a casual player anyway (+ even an own server for those who dont like the competition beside gear)