You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, December 24th 2015, 2:22pm

• "d_5ffeec4e46276" has been banned
  • "d_5ffeec4e46276" started this thread

Ancient Compass Question

The holiday committee representative letters for the treasure hunt quest says that you can get ancient compasses by doing astral allods and skirmishes. I and many others (I've asked) have not gotten anything at all and they've done quite a bit of skirmishes. Is it even possible to get them for free or do you have to pay for them because if you gotta pay for them 2k gold is pretty expensive for one considering you have to use the currency exchange function. Anyways, if you can't get it by doing skirmishes or astral allods then that's pretty disappointing considering they've got the free players hopes up.

Anyways suggestion for next time (if they read and consider... hopefully), either don't misinform the players and specifically say you can only get them from the boutique OR allow us to get the ancient compasses through dailies, repeatables, skirmishes, etc. Also a decent amount of them would be nice considering your fourth try requires eight of them. A lot of people aren't Bill Gates lmao. Oh and... the currency exchange from gold to crystals is extremely high... At least make it like 40 gold per crystal then that would be pretty damn fair y'know?

Edit: Also making the currency exchange thing around 40 gold will make things WAY more possible and accessible for newer players making it pretty much "Pay for Convenience" instead of "Pay to Win" therefore bringing back more players... Hopefully this happens for 7.0 and before the steam release. It's really simple and an easy thing to do and for those who wish to pay will pay... everybody wins in this situation?

Thursday, December 24th 2015, 3:18pm

freestile

Professional

Also making the currency exchange thing around 40 gold will make things WAY more possible and accessible

this could be great but :
-they wont do it
-even i they do it, the enormous amount of gold that is in the economy would just make it rise to the current 270/cristal in the next few days and the richest would get richer thaux to this inflation, what would in the end increase the price of the BC even higher than it is now.....

Thursday, December 24th 2015, 3:27pm

-they wont do it
-even i they do it, the enormous amount of gold that is in the economy would just make it rise to the current 270/cristal in the next few days and the richest would get richer thaux to this inflation, what would in the end increase the price of the BC even higher than it is now.....
Mhmm, it was really cheap before so who says it can't happen again if they make it happen? :P

But I completely understand where you're coming from! It would definitely be great and we can only hope something like that will happen.
It would be really beneficial towards the developers, publisher and the players... everyone wins (if it happens) :P and if it doesn't happen a lot of new players (maybe) and some old players will probably jump the subscription server for 7.0 :wacko:

Thursday, December 24th 2015, 10:01pm

Mhmm, it was really cheap before so who says it can't happen again if they make it happen? :P

the gold that is thrown at players says that :P
check the farming-thread, it names a lot of possibilities, ppl do this and exchange, this makes the exchange rate what it is

the other thing has already been properly explained by freestile
(btw a soft reset of exchange has been done already one time, and it was ~ where it was before in short time)

Sunday, December 27th 2015, 11:19am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Anyways suggestion for next time (if they read and consider... hopefully), either don't misinform the players and specifically say you can only get them from the boutique OR allow us to get the ancient compasses through dailies, repeatables, skirmishes, etc. Also a decent amount of them would be nice considering your fourth try requires eight of them. A lot of people aren't Bill Gates lmao. Oh and... the currency exchange from gold to crystals is extremely high... At least make it like 40 gold per crystal then that would be pretty damn fair y'know?
1. I think the letters were meant for Sub server players as they don't have Item Shop.

2. Who in their right mind tries 4 cards within same scroll??? That's 15 compasses in 1 scroll! Open only 1 card within a scroll, max 2, if there's a mount in it. Grind kill mobs to farm more cards. You're way more luckier this way without wasting ridiculous amounts of compasses.

3. Changing the exchange rate doesn't solve anything unless it would be permanently fixed at 40 golds. That however doesn't benefit Allods makers since that would mean a serious loss in money making when all the rich with in-game gold players could buy crystals worth tens of thousands in cash.

4. Sub server is meant for fair play and for those who don't care so much about costumes and extra stuff - it's lot cheaper too. Nothing in life is free so don't think "free" server as 100 free with all the awesome goodies you could drool after. Sure, you can play the story-line for free and that's the ultimate meaning of free server. However, all the bling-blings and comfort will cost.

Also making the currency exchange thing around 40 gold will make things WAY more possible and accessible for newer players making it pretty much "Pay for Convenience" instead of "Pay to Win" therefore bringing back more players... Hopefully this happens for 7.0 and before the steam release. It's really simple and an easy thing to do and for those who wish to pay will pay... everybody wins in this situation?
That isn't Pay for Convenience at all... that is don't have to pay anything - ever. Allods can't exist unless people PAY for it to exist. Servers aren't free, forums aren't free, staff isn't free = Item Shop can't be free. If you change in-game gold into crystals without ever spending a dime to the game, it is never a win for Allods makers and would close the game down.

Still, you can play the game for free but don't start complaining when the niceties you would want aren't. That's a fantasy world so all people thinking that way needs to wake up to reality. If you can't afford due whatever reason, you should either be contempt of what you have, move to Sub server or quit the game and do something else with your life.

I know this all sounded harsh, but it's reality and there's no point dwelling in utopian fantasy.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Sunday, December 27th 2015, 12:10pm

I think the letters were meant for Sub server players as they don't have Item Shop.

They are not. Prophetic cards do not exist on the sub server.
In the future some costumes from prophetic cards will be available as rewards for subscribing for a longer time in one go. But that's not been implemented yet even on RU.

there's no point dwelling in utopian fantasy.

I strongly disagree with this. I think it's the WHOLE POINT of online games.

Sunday, December 27th 2015, 4:02pm

freestile

Professional

Quoted from "Gwiniel"
there's no point dwelling in utopian fantasy.

I strongly disagree with this. I think it's the WHOLE POINT of online games.

+1000 :thumbup:
why do i spend ~99% of my free time playing this game :
- cause this game is amazing :love:
- cause this game is an mmo and mmo's are the type of games that reward you the most for your time investment
- cause real life sucks :thumbdown:

I feel lonely irl as no one understand my passion for this game, so i feel way more welcomed into this virtual world where i can have fun and play with people that share the same passion...
And i really don't get why amlost 100% of the people of my age prefer partying, smoking/drunking (don't even understand where is the fun in doing this?) while they could just play an mmo to get the same result without damaging their bodies... :rolleyes:

PS : sry for the off topic

Sunday, December 27th 2015, 4:42pm

That isn't Pay for Convenience at all... that is don't have to pay anything - ever. Allods can't exist unless people PAY for it to exist. Servers aren't free, forums aren't free, staff isn't free = Item Shop can't be free. If you change in-game gold into crystals without ever spending a dime to the game, it is never a win for Allods makers and would close the game down
Still, you can play the game for free but don't start complaining when the niceties you would want aren't. That's a fantasy world so all people thinking that way needs to wake up to reality. If you can't afford due whatever reason, you should either be contempt of what you have, move to Sub server or quit the game and do something else with your life.
I know this all sounded harsh, but it's reality and there's no point dwelling in utopian fantasy.

Don't really know how to use the reply function on forums but didn;t want to make the post huge so I cut a good majority of your post so I'm sorry for that.
Firstly... I'm not complaining but more like pointing out the facts. The game for one is definitely Pay for Convenience (Free to Play) and not Pay to Win (It can only be one or the other and we both know the answer to this... let's face it) considering you CAN get everything for FREE (Even though you have to grind). That's the main thing I wanted to point out.

Secondly, I understand what you're implying here but there are permanent fixes to the game to improve. I personally don't care if some things aren't free or they are because I can still get them through currency exchange. I'm just speaking on behalf of a good majority of players who want things more accessible to them and NEW players so they don't quit and actually stay longer than two hours.

And lastly, you did not sound harsh at all and thanks for replying to my thread. After all, that's what the forums are for, to discuss ;)

P.S. Allods Online Player, I know of the guide and used it to my advantage and I understand what you're saying, and I agree but you gotta admit making the game more accessible is a good thing :rolleyes: . Dala and Freestile, I completely agree :P. Sorry if I don't make any sense here it's 3:40 AM lol.

Sunday, December 27th 2015, 5:30pm

- cause this game is an mmo and mmo's are the type of games that reward you the most for your time investment

exactly THIS is one of the biggest reasons why i love this game... you get a reward for playing it (more than others), so you get a reward for doing what you enjoy :love:

And i really don't get why amlost 100% of the people of my age prefer partying, smoking/drunking (don't even understand where is the fun in doing this?) while they could just play an mmo to get the same result without damaging their bodies... :rolleyes:

i also cant reconstruct why and how ppl give out their money&time (+health?) for these things, in this case even buying virtual goods seems to be the better choice >.< (and i really, REALLY frown upon spending money on virtual goods personally!)
i understand they get their joy from it... but yes, thats all i get there...
but i guess they see mmo-players the same way haha :rolleyes:

Gwiniel, with "utopian fantasy" did you mean getting all items without effort while having a balanced game completely for free? if yes, i think you were misunderstood here and i agree with you

and its not a bad thing way to state things clearly at all

The game for one is definitely Pay for Convenience (Free to Play) and not Pay to Win (It can only be one or the other and we both know the answer to this... let's face it) considering you CAN get everything for FREE (Even though you have to grind). That's the main thing I wanted to point out.

fully agree, you got it

P.S. Allods Online Player, I know of the guide and used it to my advantage and I understand what you're saying, and I agree but you gotta admit making the game more accessible is a good thing :rolleyes: .

ofc making it more accessible is a good thing :)
actually, they do it in a proper way at all anyway... many things that helped in this process were
introducing marks of fate
mercenaries
automove
marked objectives (T button)
removal of portal-quests
giving the option to catch up in gear to full orange level 66 with your own playtime as the only limit
giving classes like sorcerer and scout the option to properly selfheal them due to bloodluststat
removal of the old hard to understand statsystem

this and many more actions like that helped to make the game in general (+ catching up) more easy for rookies while not taking away the existing advantages from veteran players! a hard thing but they made it

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Dec 27th 2015, 6:02pm)

Monday, December 28th 2015, 10:54am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Gwiniel, with "utopian fantasy" did you mean getting all items without effort while having a balanced game completely for free? if yes, i think you were misunderstood here and i agree with you

and its not a bad thing way to state things clearly at all
Ah, yes... Looks like I could have phrased it much better as it indeed led to misunderstanding. The utopian fantasy had nothing to do with games and virtual reality fun as activity... I meant that a person dwells in a distorted/false illusion both in real life and in virtual (games etc) thinking everything is completely (100%) free.

@ Dala: Thanks for correcting about the letters. And I full heartedly agree that games are for living a fantasy. That's why I play too and Allods in particular because it's so beautiful and plentiful game.

@AMDRylai: My apology then. Misunderstood it as complaining.

I feel lonely irl as no one understand my passion for this game

I'm sure many can relate with that. I'm lucky as I live with a roomie who's equally passionate with Allods than I am.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Gwiniel" (Dec 28th 2015, 11:01am)

Monday, December 28th 2015, 11:57am

ofc making it more accessible is a good thing
actually, they do it in a proper way at all anyway... many things that helped in this process were
introducing marks of fate
mercenaries
automove
marked objectives (T button)
removal of portal-quests
giving the option to catch up in gear to full orange level 66 with your own playtime as the only limit
giving classes like sorcerer and scout the option to properly selfheal them due to bloodluststat
removal of the old hard to understand statsystem
this and many more actions like that helped to make the game in general (+ catching up) more easy for rookies while not taking away the existing advantages from veteran players! a hard thing but they made it

All of which means pretty much nothing, since they keep adding items to the boutique which gives significant advantage to those who pay.

For each of these improvements which could potentially make catching up easier for a free player, you can probably name 2-3 boutique items or mechanics which makes it significantly harder or borderline impossible.

I don't understand why veteran or paying players should have significant advantage over others to begin with. Do you hate any sort of competition so much? Are you afraid that the game could get crowded once again? The only thing that veterans should have as an advantage is skill and knowledge of the game mechanics.

Also some might argue that a few of these changes really dumbed down the gameplay here and there.
Personally I don't care much for leveling, but with Mark of Fate and automove... they might as well just change it so every new character are level 65, because as it is it has really became a very dull process.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Monday, December 28th 2015, 8:57pm

since they keep adding items to the boutique which gives significant advantage to those who pay.

I don't understand why veteran or paying players should have significant advantage over others to begin with. Do you hate any sort of competition so much?
because i like the idea of conservating the values i have earned with my playtime in this game
now if very new player gets all i have reached with effort for free this would make all my efforts nearly worthless (in this case i would have been better off just waiting for the fried chicken to fly into my mouth instead of farming hard!)
The only thing that veterans should have as an advantage is skill and knowledge of the game mechanics.
wrong game! allods is NOT a stateless game where progress mean nothing
thankfully!
if you search for that kind of game you are better off with shootergames like counterstrike or w/e, there skill & knowledge is the only thing seperating rookies from veterans
however they become boring as fast as they are able to master :thumbdown:

im pretty sure if i had completely everything here and nothing left to go for in allods it would decrease my gametime DRASTICALLY, like do one allod / day (replicator), do some pvp and then...? done... play something else or w/e
(this is on of my personal reasons why i would not be happy on p2p server, not enough to go for there)

but as it is, i have a lot to do... regular customers, all imagineable ways of gaining gold, gearing, wild shore... look forward to next runelevel... save gold for assault armor, sell things, think about which item is the best to go for next,.... and as a reward additionally become superior to the majority of players :)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Dec 28th 2015, 9:20pm)

Monday, December 28th 2015, 11:19pm

wrong game! allods is NOT a stateless game where progress mean nothing
thankfully!
if you search for that kind of game you are better off with shootergames like counterstrike or w/e, there skill & knowledge is the only thing seperating rookies from veterans
however they become boring as fast as they are able to master :thumbdown:

im pretty sure if i had completely everything here and nothing left to go for in allods it would decrease my gametime DRASTICALLY, like do one allod / day (replicator), do some pvp and then...? done... play something else or w/e
(this is on of my personal reasons why i would not be happy on p2p server, not enough to go for there)

but as it is, i have a lot to do... regular customers, all imagineable ways of gaining gold, gearing, wild shore... look forward to next runelevel... save gold for assault armor, sell things, think about which item is the best to go for next,.... and as a reward additionally become superior to the majority of players :)

The other side of the coin is that you've never been able to actually compete in Allods, despite how long you've been playing. You never really did progress, proper gearing, or any good in PvP from what I know.
From where I stand there seems to be two kind of people who enjoy the F2P model of Allods. Those who prefer using money to achieve significant advantage over others and those who enjoy the permanent (or at least VERY long) state of mediocrity. Rest assured the majority of gamers don't enjoy that kind of thing - which is why F2P is constantly bleeding players.

If require a long term goal to play, that could be amazing looking costumes, mounts, achievements, pets, something for your personal allod and whatnot. It does not have to be pay to win.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Tuesday, December 29th 2015, 1:13am

The other side of the coin is that you've never been able to actually compete in Allods, despite how long you've been playing. You never really did progress, proper gearing, or any good in PvP from what I know.
From where I stand there seems to be two kind of people who enjoy the F2P model of Allods. Those who prefer using money to achieve significant advantage over others and those who enjoy the permanent (or at least VERY long) state of mediocrity. Rest assured the majority of gamers don't enjoy that kind of thing - which is why F2P is constantly bleeding players.

If require a long term goal to play, that could be amazing looking costumes, mounts, achievements, pets, something for your personal allod and whatnot. It does not have to be pay to win.
for me progress is in first line (or course, beside enjoying the game) to improve the permanent characteristics of the avatar (items from shop) which excludes gear since it, as we all know, loses its worth once the next levelpatch comes
this makes gear somehow similar to the timed items (spec of light, weaponskin, coremorpher, etc)

as for my chars:
while in level 51 patch i saved the gold from gearing (stopped with blue/purple astralgear from directdrops)
in level 55 patch i geared up to orange due to the easyness (free mercs!) while staying at bluee / purple glyphs (no free mercs!)
in patch 60 i went to teal/orange gear with max glyphs after a little delay (i needed some time to learn you could exchange astralkeys for loot, never did 1 astralallod this time!!)
i never wasted gold on replicator, elixiers, curse removal or anything else - this made my gearing a bit slower thogh a LOT cheaper; this way i always had enough gold for new items from shop of curiosities!

and now at 65 patch im also at orange/teal which gives me the option to have one or sometimes even THE top-position in BGs

i wont get all gear to 66 due to limitations a singleplayers faces, but still, im totally happy with what i have

whether this is mediocrity or not i leave the judgement to you, but personally i see more players which are inferior to me than otherwise which means im below average
if there now is a full donator with full level 13 and everything else i really, really dont care losing a fight to him... hey, he is the one who pays the server i play on ;)

longtermgoals which do not improve my avateras strenght do not satisfy me
and as there is the option to get everything without $ it cant be called pay to win
my only "payment" is the time i spend on this game, so i do "playtowin"

(i have seen games where the free players had no chance at all to get certain items as they are locked behind a paywall; these items however were similar to the runes in allods. free players had never a chance to get them, no matter what they do. THIS is paytowin! :thumbdown: )

so your conclusion is: beside those who like to use $ on virtual goods the free to play model also seems to be liked by patient players
this is true, but there is one more group: the casualplayers or the non-pvpers! they play pve all the time maybe and/or do not have any intentions to be in a higher position at all
these players are not touched at all by the large gap between veterans / donators, they maybe only be happy if a well runed player joins their pve group
these players also like the free to play model, its free and still pleasent for them as they never ever "suffer" from the superiority of other players

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Dec 29th 2015, 1:22am)

Tuesday, December 29th 2015, 1:37am

Pochtron

Intermediate

while in level 51 patch i saved the gold from gearing (stopped with blue/purple astralgear from directdrops)
in level 55 patch i geared up to orange due to the easyness (free mercs!) while staying at bluee / purple glyphs (no free mercs!)
in patch 60 i went to teal/orange gear with max glyphs after a little delay (i needed some time to learn you could exchange astralkeys for loot, never did 1 astralallod this time!!)

Translated in time, that's basically 3 years of playing before reaching a minimum level of CS & gear to be able to make a difference in PvP and play endgame content of your level. We're not even mentioning being among the top players/guilds.

If that's something normal I leave to your own judgement, but any new player in this game should be aware that he needs to spend at least that amount of time before reaching the upper tier of the ladder. And ofc while he does that there will always be new items in boutique making catchup time always longer or nearly impossible, as stated by Dala.

And after that we wonder why there are no new players on this game, or why buying/trading accounts is so popular on the server.

Tuesday, December 29th 2015, 2:06am

for me progress is in first line (or course, beside enjoying the game) to improve the permanent characteristics of the avatar (items from shop) which excludes gear since it, as we all know, loses its worth once the next levelpatch comes
this makes gear somehow similar to the timed items (spec of light, weaponskin, coremorpher, etc)

as for my chars:
i never wasted gold on replicator, elixiers, curse removal or anything else - this made my gearing a bit slower thogh a LOT cheaper; this way i always had enough gold for new items from shop of curiosities!

We have quite a bit different definitions of "progressing" in the game.
From reading the list above, you've been amassing permanent cash shop advantage for over 4 major version changes. And from what I know, despite the fact you've substituted actually content for just grinding money you have still far less than what a cash shop user gets as an advantage.

You can call this whatever you want, anyone sane will call this pay to win. If a dedicated and active player who spends as much time as you getting those permanent cash shop items still can't catch up, then you might just as well call it a paywall. With the lifetime of an MMORPG nowadays, you really can not justify to expect free players farming gold for 2-3 years instead of content.

i wont get all gear to 66 due to limitations a singleplayers faces, but still, im totally happy with what i have

whether this is mediocrity or not i leave the judgement to you, but personally i see more players which are inferior to me than otherwise which means im below average

That is nothing personal there, it's just my opinion. You're not doing harder astrals sectors, raids or dominion so it's probably less obvious to you. I do agree you might not require a lot of money to chill in S10 with some Mercenaries.

longtermgoals which do not improve my avateras strenght do not satisfy me
and as there is the option to get everything without $ it cant be called pay to win
my only "payment" is the time i spend on this game, so i do "playtowin"

Same old thing, I'd really like to see some actual maths to hear how long does it take to be able to fight on an even playing field with the "best" of it.

(i have seen games where the free players had no chance at all to get certain items as they are locked behind a paywall; these items however were similar to the runes in allods. free players had never a chance to get them, no matter what they do. THIS is paytowin! :thumbdown: )

I've seen MMORPG which was buy to play (although very inexpensive), with significantly larger community. It had no gear or micro-transaction based advantage of any sorts.
Everyone could get roughly the same gear and skills in about 2-6 hours of gameplay. Yet there was still enough PvP and PvE content, challenging too. THIS is side-grading equipment, balanced classes and smart design.
My point is, if you're comparing anything to the worst of its kind, it'll appear superior. But if you're looking at the big picture, it might be still pretty damn bad with quite some room left for improvements.

so your conclusion is: beside those who like to use $ on virtual goods the free to play model also seems to be liked by patient players
this is true, but there is one more group: the casualplayers or the non-pvpers! they play pve all the time maybe and/or do not have any intentions to be in a higher position at all
these players are not touched at all by the large gap between veterans / donators, they maybe only be happy if a well runed player joins their pve group
these players also like the free to play model, its free and still pleasent for them as they never ever "suffer" from the superiority of other players

I agree that there might be some people that totally don't mind it.
But then again, quite large part of money income and gearing progress is done through doing battlegrounds and whatnot. And I'd be really surprised if there weren't level 29 reincarnations patrolling Asee, so I guess most new players will suffer from having to fight enemies that are pretty much impossible to beat (but do correct me if this is not the case).

To be honest, I'm really unsure why are you so stubborn about whiteknighting the F2P system. It made you grind gold instead of doing content for about 4-5 patches and you're still the underdog. The server is losing players and has trouble getting new ones due to the very same business model. But if that's the kinky stuff you're enjoying, who am I to question that?
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Tuesday, December 29th 2015, 12:47pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

this is true, but there is one more group: the casualplayers or the non-pvpers! they play pve all the time maybe and/or do not have any intentions to be in a higher position at all these players are not touched at all by the large gap between veterans / donators, they maybe only be happy if a well runed player joins their pve group these players also like the free to play model, its free and still pleasent for them as they never ever "suffer" from the superiority of other players
My point of view for comparison below. Long post.

Me and my roomie are the kind of people who enjoy/love/desire PVE content. We don't PVP ever unless brutally forced to it while leveling in contested zones. However, we never attack first. Thus we don't care as much about the unbalance of character strength as pvp players do but it does affect everyone nonetheless. Pve players also need higher runes, if they desire a more comfortable playing - meaning that you don't need 10+ attacks to kill 1 mob. That makes pve playing too slow/tedious in quests where you have to kill X amount of mobs now that I replay the lore with incarnations.

I know it has become a lot easier on most zones to play and level even with a brand new character than ever before.

And how I justify myself saying the bolded comment above? I know because I made an opposite faction (imp) healer in 6.0.1 patch that had big fat 0 goodies from Item Shop. Compared to what it had been for Gwiniel (my main since the beginning) since 2010, playing the new toon was a walk in the park! Everything had been made so much easier everywhere. I can still remember how badly I struggled in Nezebgrad back in 2011 with a healer as I tried the imp side after maxing Gwiniel on League. The new imp healer I made some months ago could almost laugh the mobs down. The only nightmare as a brand new character was the fact that I had gotten comfortably accustomed with loot pets, fast mounts, higher runes for easy kills, extra stat points etc. while playing Gwiniel and all her 10 incarnations for years.

So no matter how hard I try to listen, read and understand today's brand new players, I can't - for the life of me - understand their constant complaining and raging about the game being impossible. However, I fully understand and agree when it comes to PVP. Pvp however is end game content for the most part... the whole lore going through 65 levels in between is not impossible (except instances like Eclipse etc, if not in a strong guild or get in a random raid). I truly think the whole gaming community has changed into I want that now and instantly with all goodies included and it can't cost more than 1 €/$ or ½ £ in total.

They have never even experienced what it was like in 2010! No mounts, no automove, no loot pets, no extra stat points/rubies/earrings, way much harder crafting abilities without extra profession possibilities unless you gained 25000 reputation by doing daily profession quest giving 500 rep per day, frustrating quests to obtain bigger bank and bag such as Wandering Alchemist (I spend about 2 months every other day in over 5 hours lasting parties/raids chasing the alchemist within Lightwood and Siveria to finally get all the different potions for the banker npc back in the day!) Now people cry when a hard instance/dungeon takes more than 3 hours to finish!!! I had to cope with 5 or 6 lines of bag space all the way to Yazes' Shard, which back then was the end game zone with max 40 level. In late 2010 we got the very first mount - the horse - Kanian Runner, a palomino, on League side. There was no free mount feed back then. You had to buy it from Item Shop and there wasn't currency exchange either so you needed cold hard cash on NA server, which meant Paypal transactions for me that took roughly 5 days to happen. And by the way... the horse in max level of 11 was slower than the Lightwood quest's horse runner that lasts for 2 hours to take Aidenus' package to Siveria. It took about 15 minutes to run from Lightwood's Squirrel boss to Oreshek Fortress with the horse and back then the only Teleport was in Novograd. The now common 3 teleports of Lake Track, Dead Thicket and Oreshek didn't appear until 2012 or so. Same goes for Siveria and Darkwater... both zones had only 1 teleport... in Molotovka and in Valir Settlement. Naturally all contested zones also had only 1 teleport (both factions had their own in large zones like Eljune, Coba and Yazes).

Through all that "misery" I loved playing Allods. It took countless of hours longer to level back then. It took months to reach level 40 and there wasn't XP-boost scrolls existing. Now many new players cry in Novo for free gold/mounts and all. They are already entering Allods with a gold spoon in their mouths! (I know the saying is "silver spoon in mouth" but I used gold to emphasize how significantly better and easier starts they already have). What they are really crying for is bling-bling for free like a good majority of younger generations does in everything both in real life and virtual. You have to earn it from scratch like everyone else and not expect everything being handed to you for just playing 2 hours a day or so (that was a crude example).

So although AO-Player may often annoy some people here on forums, I agree with him on the fact that if you want something, you better work for it/pay for it or play another meaningless flashy game with half-witted or brainless story-lines and 0 content other than mindless killing. Allods is a true work of art that keeps evolving. Some changes don't always feel pleasant but with every major patch, Allods have truly tried pleasing their players by removing really bad ideas (such as cursed items upon death and glyphs will be gone in patch 7.0). Revamping the game to meet expectations and trying different ways of bringing more content and variety into the game. What modern day and Allods is truly lacking is loyal players. Loyalty (something I value very highly) is a disappearing virtue in the world. I don't instantly leave a game, if they make a patch that doesn't suit or flatter my expectations alone. I adapt to the changes and if it feels like I can't do so, I can take a break from the game for a little while (after I've leveled to the patch's max level) and come back to play again.

I certainly have no need to be in top charts of players in any way. I love the game, the lore, the content and enjoy my playing. Allods is the only MMO I've stayed playing through thick and thin over the years because I know this is the game my heart belongs to - this is my match. I've tried countless other games but none of them even scratches the surface of Allods.

So that's why I spend real money to get goodies I want from item shop as I'm also a "hamster" who love collecting costumes, mounts and mount skins. That's why I hate flash sales and strongboxes because the possibility of having something very quickly and which will costs a lot is impossible for poorer players like me. To enhance my enjoyment in-game, I have to sacrifice from real world (including clothes, food, hobbies etc.). But it is my own choice to do so. I pay to get what I love, if it's possible. I can't buy a big house, posh car, fancy clothes and such in real life but I can afford some nice things within a game that makes me a lot happier person in real life. Some might think why don't I save those moneys to get something nice in real life.. the truth is, if I save those moneys, I'll be 6 feet under before it's enough to get something nice in real life.

One more thing... When I was playing Allods back in 2010, I was studying in college and working also.. Wanted to point out that I had a busy life back then and still the game time needed to level and do stuff in Allods back in 2010 was humongous compared to today.

Tuesday, December 29th 2015, 1:01pm

They have never even experienced what it was like in 2010! No mounts, no automove, no loot pets, no extra stat points/rubies/earrings, way much harder crafting abilities without extra profession possibilities unless you gained 25000 reputation by doing daily profession quest giving 500 rep per day, frustrating quests to obtain bigger bank and bag such as Wandering Alchemist (I spend about 2 months every other day in over 5 hours lasting parties/raids chasing the alchemist within Lightwood and Siveria to finally get all the different potions for the banker npc back in the day!)[...]

Through all that "misery" I loved playing Allods.

How come you are still on f2p and not p2p? 8|

I had pretty much same feeling about it and the very moment p2p was announced I KNEW it's time to leave f2p forever.

Tuesday, December 29th 2015, 1:04pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

How come you are still on f2p and not p2p? 8|
Because I also love collecting mounts, mount skins and costumes... they aren't all available in p2p. Besides, before p2p server became available, I had spend so much in f2p server through these years there is simply no point going p2p anymore. If the p2p had existed on NA server back in 2010 - I might have gone there.

Rate this thread