Vous n’êtes pas connecté.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

07. 06. 2015, 12:10

Firehusary

Débutant

• "Firehusary" started this thread

• Envoyer un message privé

Difference between Bard and Engineer?

Hey.

Can anybody tell me, is there any huge difference between Bard and Engi? For me, they're both short-ranged DPS classes with some utility ;/

07. 06. 2015, 12:25

well first off engeneer is not short ranged^^ but bard is (kind of cuz of cantata else he has high range too)

well and to the utility:

Engi has: Double heal,Double Damage,Seal,Aop,Battlerezz and i think also Fervor which are quite nice^^

Bard has: Fervor,Seal,Aop,AoF,Energyregg,Ballad

but the Engi is waaaay Squishyer and dies fast so in the end you should decide what you prefer to do pvp or pve

in pve the engi is probably a better choice (well even if bard can pack quite a bit of dps but things like double heal,battlerezz etc are just nice^^)
in pvp i would prefer bard cuz he is megatanky and gets rarely killed so he can provide handy buffs for a long time while the engi is just first target and dies after a short time

07. 06. 2015, 14:44

both seem to be shortrange because they need extrarubies for getting proper range; while other ranged classes have 40 range by default usually
both have a lot of supportabilities

bard is more aoe type while engineer is more singletargettype
bard has more passive skills (damagesong, healsong, anti-cc-song, engineer more active skills (20%more dps bomb, vaccumtrap, various mechanisms,....)

engineer is great in pinning the enemy, but bard also has (different) CCs
bards most interesting cc is the pull-ability which allows you to "reversecharge" enemies; in aod for example this skill is incredibly valuable sice it allows to isolate and kill players one by one

i recommend you play both classes until level 10 or something, this will give you some insight

in total, bard has more skill that are useful for a group (support) imo

(but dont get confused ?( with all the supportthings, every class can be played as proper dps or singlepvp)

you could also take a look HERE http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc/ (site requires javascript) to take a look at all the skills, most are imagineable form their description
if you still have questions ask us

07. 06. 2015, 15:09

Drezkian

Débutant

Citation

i recommend you play both classes until level 10 or something, this will give you some insight
Id even take this farther and go to 15-20. Rubies help make the class more interesting, adding depth and new playstyles to standard builds. While 10 IS a good place to know if you like the class, id be comfy saying that 20 is a good spot to decide if the class is right for you and how you want to play. Big thing though, dont spend cash if you dont intend to keep playing the toon as any runes you make or mounts, disappear with the toon.
"No matter how big or bad you think you are, there's always someone bigger and badder than you."
Drezkian - Xadaganian Warden
544/444 runes

07. 06. 2015, 15:34

for playing this far making a reincarnation is the better choice :)

level 10 chars only for those who cant wait for making a reinc or help decide what kindof reinc to make

08. 06. 2015, 10:47

Firehusary

Débutant

• "Firehusary" started this thread

So well... Thanks for responses. In short, Engi is more like single-target DPS that can have some utility, while Bard is more like AoE that also can have it?
What class will have better DPS in dungeons/raids?

08. 06. 2015, 16:03

well thats REALLY depending on the playerstyle^^ but comparing only the best of their class i know i think Engi has more singletarget dps which means he will be a better dps in raids but i really really advice you dont only decide your class by the dps she can do because there are more things than just dps

08. 06. 2015, 17:28

you can also play bard as singletarget and engineer with aoe-focus... but due to the mechanics of the skills bard will be the better aoe :P
yeah, do not make your choice only because of dps... every class can be top-dps thats only a question of spec gear etc, class should be fun to play!

27. 12. 2015, 19:00

Citation

bard will be the better aoe :P

bicz pls

Overload -> fire turret -> frag bomb -> fire turret ( whan first turret dead) -> Burst of mana

see different after it :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Xrade19" (27.12.2015, 19:16)

28. 12. 2015, 22:51

30. 12. 2015, 19:23

the engineer best pvp start combo is:
steeltrap>overload>fire turret>steel mosquito>frag bomb>engineer shield(idk whats call for device shielding)>a bit dps during steel trap gone or if its seems to take 1-2hit>Defibrillation(6sec stun)>dps with steel mosquito and fires>>frag bomb and go on :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "bahad2000" (31.12.2015, 13:30)

02. 01. 2016, 09:49

Discussions similaires

Noter cette discussion