You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, January 16th 2016, 8:30pm

Basic questions from a beginner

Hi Everyone. I just started playing on the F2P server this week and I have a few basic questions.

• How do I gain experience in blacksmithing? Sometimes I see my percentage increase when I craft something and other times I don't. I'm stuck at level 8 now because I can't find a way to gain any more experience.
  • Can I apply runes to just my patron benefits or also to gear? If I apply them to hear can I remove them later? If I add them to my patron abilities are they only active when my patron abilities are active? It looks like after a while the patron benefits will expire.

Thanks!

Saturday, January 16th 2016, 10:12pm

• How do I gain experience in blacksmithing? Sometimes I see my percentage increase when I craft something and other times I don't. I'm stuck at level 8 now because I can't find a way to gain any more experience.

Each crafted item increases your progress by a percentage only if it's not to far below your actual skill level. For example, if you make an item that requires 5 blacksmithing at 15, you'll get 0% for it. And the closer it is to your actual skill level, the more % you get, so if you want to level it as fast as possible craft always the highest level you can.
Also you can never have profession at higher level than your character level.

• Can I apply runes to just my patron benefits or also to gear? If I apply them to hear can I remove them later? If I add them to my patron abilities are they only active when my patron abilities are active? It looks like after a while the patron benefits will expire.

No, you have only those 6 slots for runes that you can see when you click your patron symbol. You could put runes in gear in a very much older version so maybe you encountered some information from back then. Runes are active all the time, not only when the blessing is active.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jan 16th 2016, 10:17pm)

Saturday, January 16th 2016, 11:24pm

RE: Basic questions from a beginner

Quoted from "Yogoswaggins"

patron benefits will expire.

only thing which will "expire" is the timereduction to special CCs (icy grave, hypnosis, etc) and the ability to use martyrs skills beside "martry's salavation"
(and you can get blessing again by talking to the churchlady along with 2 potions)

Sunday, January 17th 2016, 2:43am

Thanks. It seems like the only things I might be able to make to gain experience require me to be able to mine at at least level 9 in order to make them since they require refined copper ore. I might have missed one, though. I'll go back and look. Is my mining level always equal to my blacksmith level or can I increase that somehow? By doing lots of mining, perhaps?

Sunday, January 17th 2016, 4:33am

miner & blacksmith is one profession now (some long time ago they were seperate professions!) so we could say the mining & blacksmithlevel is the same (although actually only the blacksmithlevel exists)

increase your professions level by making the highest level item you can create

profession-level is bound to character-level (a level 14 char cannot have his professions level higher than 14)

btw...
from a progressive POV its not worth to do handworks until you have reached max level and as mining is a collectingjob its also a good idea to get a loothelper with ore/herbs collectingmanual except you enjoy traveling through the maps (which can be very beautiful!) only for trying to pick some ore manually (which is less beautiful) :P

Sunday, January 17th 2016, 12:10pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Have a look at the links in my signature :) Made some guides there although missing a great deal as I haven't had the energy to make them.

Remember also, that in all professions, you need to buy better tools in certain levels - take a look at the profession vendor and see the other tools and in which level you need to buy them. Some professions have level caps before you get new stuff to make... You can make 1 stuff and level to next level without opening any new recipes. Only option is the grind the same highest item to overcome another level to open new stuff.

You required level 9 ores but your professions isn't level 9 yet.. you need to grind the level up doing level 7 or 8 stuff in the profession which use the old material you can obtain.

PS. Mining doesn't increase your blacksmithing level - only doing blacksmithing will increase it.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Sunday, January 17th 2016, 12:37pm

Thanks everyone. That really helps.

Rate this thread