You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 2:07am

IAmGroot

Professional

I do. I still call this a dead server, given I trust Steam to understand if they just transform this server into a "F2P steam" one, they are shooting a bullet in their foot.

To each their own opinion...I don't believe it's dead, it's just severely wounded in need of some serious medical attention.

Also, I'm not giving much credit to any statement made by Mhuldoon, sorry to say.
lol

And if you read on, maybe a reboot and a complete purge of the past errors is exactly what this game needs - even if it means sacrificing a few top donators over over it.
I'm not going to disagree with this, however, I really hope (for my sake and many others that have spent more than they purchased their car for...) that it doesn't work that way because there's no way I'm repaying thousands lol.

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 10:25am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

I do. I still call this a dead server, given I trust Steam to understand if they just transform this server into a "F2P steam" one, they are shooting a bullet in their foot.

To each their own opinion...I don't believe it's dead, it's just severely wounded in need of some serious medical attention.

Also, I'm not giving much credit to any statement made by Mhuldoon, sorry to say.
lol

And if you read on, maybe a reboot and a complete purge of the past errors is exactly what this game needs - even if it means sacrificing a few top donators over over it.
I'm not going to disagree with this, however, I really hope (for my sake and many others that have spent more than they purchased their car for...) that it doesn't work that way because there's no way I'm repaying thousands lol.
+1 million to Groot's reply. If this server "quits" and Steam launches a new server - there's no way in h*** I'll ever start over in Steam. If my.com does that with Steam, they show such bad treatment to their most loyal players it will forever more kill their reputation worldwide. Who the f*** would ever again want to play a game that has done something like that?
What they could do instead, is give a semi-free starter package like the Ark but with full 7 runes, large bag/bank, at least rank 5 mount and a loot pet. With semi-free I mean really cheap deal like 2000 crystals. And this big ass deal could be a special sale at the launch of patch 7.0.0 in EN server for couple months. Then the price could get up to 3500 - 4000 crystals but still be forever available to new comers. If 2k crystals is too much to pay from all that to someone, Allods is a wrong game for them. Because, if you look for more content than the basic game, you have to pay - it's the truth in every single game.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 10:44am

Gramarye

Professional

lol ... he thinks this game has "new players" :P

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 12:19pm

In my opinion best thing they could do is move over both the f2p and p2p servers to Steam in current state and CLEARLY outline what the business model, gameplay and population differences are on the very front page every potential new player will see.

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 1:02pm

freestile

Professional

What they could do instead, is give a semi-free starter package like the Ark but with full 7 runes, large bag/bank, at least rank 5 mount and a loot pet. With semi-free I mean really cheap deal like 2000 crystals. And this big ass deal could be a special sale at the launch of patch 7.0.0 in EN server for couple months. Then the price could get up to 3500 - 4000 crystals but still be forever available to new comers. If 2k crystals is too much to pay from all that to someone, Allods is a wrong game for them. Because, if you look for more content than the basic game, you have to pay - it's the truth in every single game.

personnaly if i'd have to chose between :
-playing on a dying server
-or playing on a server full of new player who all have for 20-30€ what i've invest X-months/years/X € to get...

...i'd choose the 1st one, because i don't get the interest to play if it's to almost negate the superiority i wanted to get over newcomers threw my years of playing.
IMO every new players in an mmo should know that he will never be as good as a veteran (at least regarding the cs).
This is why if an mmo gets a bad reputation since its releasing it's almost impossible to get its servers more populated later on (and consequently, why releasing an mmo is such a big risk for the investors), and giving everything for almost free to the newcomers wont help that much but will just frustrate even more the veterans :thumbdown:

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 1:06pm

personnaly if i'd have to chose between :
-playing on a dying server
-or playing on a server full of new player who all have for 20-30€ what i've invest X-months/years/X € to get...

...i'd choose the 1st one, because i don't get the interest to play if it's to almost negate the superiority i wanted to get over newcomers threw my years of playing.

That's exactly how I feel, only replace the "new player[...]" with "cashshopper". I'd lose interest if I had to play on the same server with a group of people who progress faster with less time spent actually playing just because they have fat wallets.

Funny thing how a hard reset is something entirely different for different groups of players. I would not care if they hard reset my server at all (if it meant a stable population growth in the future) because I know I would get where I am again, and that journey would be fun again. People who got where they are largely by means other than playing the game would hate such scenario.

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "Dala" (Feb 7th 2016, 1:54pm)

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 2:10pm

freestile

Professional

and i completly respect your POV Dala :)

i think that's the main difference between the f2p/p2p players mentality :
the f2p players like to be able to get super overpowered threw time when p2p players like to enjoy the 100% game-play experience.
if all this would be politic, i'd say that fp2 = capitalisme and p2p = communism (funny thing is that i hate how violent is the capitalist world in which we live, but i appreciate the cool motivation it gives in an mmo)

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 8:41pm

and i completly respect your POV Dala :)

i think that's the main difference between the f2p/p2p players mentality :
the f2p players like to be able to get super overpowered threw time when p2p players like to enjoy the 100% game-play experience.
if all this would be politic, i'd say that fp2 = capitalisme and p2p = communism (funny thing is that i hate how violent is the capitalist world in which we live, but i appreciate the cool motivation it gives in an mmo)

The funny thing is that you think the CS is not part of the game play experience. This is a Russian game, where they are heavy on the gambling. Strongboxes are very much a part of the game play experience, that doesn't change just because you don't like them.

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 9:30pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Funny thing how a hard reset is something entirely different for different groups of players. I would not care if they hard reset my server at all (if it meant a stable population growth in the future) because I know I would get where I am again, and that journey would be fun again. People who got where they are largely by means other than playing the game would hate such scenario.
I don't care much about the power... I used my € for vanities and mounts and it would sincerely piss me off to lose almost 600 items + 17 mounts and their numerous skins - I have worked my butt off to get them. Countless hours of grinding event quests every year + a lot of € for special stuffs like halloween vanity etc. I don't consider those event quest grindings as fun but I do them because I want the vanities. I really don't want to ever have to farm those items again from big fat 0.

Yes, I have 8s and 9s in runes but since full 6s, all crystals have been a by-product from prophetic card openings as I've tried getting mounts and vanities from them for years. In all honesty, if I could keep all vanities and mounts and their skins (none of them are battle mounts), I wouldn't care about server reset that would strip away character enhancement items like extra earring slot, runes, extra rubies, talents, stat point and even pat5.

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 11:00pm

IMO every new players in an mmo should know that he will never be as good as a veteran (at least regarding the cs).

Your the reason of Allods being what it is... Money versus good players... (i only know 10 rich players that are really good... the others are a copy of you)

You simply have a profession where you have 123123 bosses above you and you just have the luck to live with your parents to spent your salary on runes and hundreds of mounts...

Just save a bit, go around the world, and check how Allods is worst that the Capitalism world where we live. One can be happy with a few bucks on his pocket but, on Allods, with a few bucks, you can't be one... besides happy...
Retired...
New life till 7.0

Monday, February 8th 2016, 1:52am

fp2 = capitalisme and p2p = communism (funny thing is that i hate how violent is the capitalist world in which we live, but i appreciate the cool motivation it gives in an mmo)

capitalism-comparison is EXCELLENT 8o
only downside of RL capitalism is if ppl get homeless/starve/... due to poverty etc if there is no "basic income"
but since this is a game.... there is no downside if you enjoy the option of superiority
i also feel it as a great motivation! (i am aware those who do not like goldfarming cannot comprehend this in most cases)

and yes, also for me the reason why i enjoy this game so much is because of the strong powerdifference between veterans & rookies

just because there is a certain percentage of players who top my superiortiy does not mean i cant enjoy dominating the majority of players in this game :)

its a bad idea to seriously try to be the best (#1) in a game without thinking about what it requires first
for example in a stateless game like counterstrike or w/e everyone can be "the best", only limit is skill

in a stateful (progressive) game it would require to get best gear/items/teammates in order to get a serious OPTION to be absolute top (without taking into consideration that excellent knowledge regarding gamemechanics classes etc would be needed)

only few of us can / want to gain all of these foundations...
there are players with best items, some with best gear, some with knowledge, some with excellent groups....
but almost (completely?) noone has all of that

i claim its not worth to try to be THE top, beeing better than 50%+ of the game is more than enough
everything else is just bonus (but still pleasent ofc!)

and it seems there are lots of other players who feel similar

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

what will prevent players from "cashshopping" on the theoretical new server?
it would ofc become the same as the "normal" server we already have

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd lose interest if I had to play on the same server with a group of people who progress faster with less time spent actually playing just because they have fat wallets.

if they would gain these advantages by excessive farming, would you were OK with it?
if yes, just imagine the whales as hardcore-farmers (or as players who bought gold from goldsellers but did not get caught!)

if there would be allods as f2p but without "BC -> gold exchange", ONLY BC source would be ingame gold from "gold -> BC" exchange...
there surely would be goldsellers, this can never be prevented, only difference is in once case $ goes to allods and in other case $ goes to private farmers

$ in 99.9% of cases fixes things somehow, official or unofficial, for the gameplay its the same

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Feb 8th 2016, 2:04am)

Monday, February 8th 2016, 5:59am

So this game is launching on steam ... and will be dead on launch again. Allods needs a relaunch with a different business model ( tera style would be amazing ) in EU/NA, that is actually the time to do it, but we all know thats not gonna happen and thats the sad part.

People will just shit on the game writing reviews and the game will be dead in 3 days... And to actually survive they need to put the game on the front page and not do what they did to the russian server which no one knows about, even on steam. No one on steam wants to play a game where you literally cant compete against people who spent money in the game.

I'm trying to find a mmorpg to play since the allods server failed on my country and I just cant find a game that gives me the feel this game gave to me a while ago... what they did to this game outside of Russia is just... Sad. and is probably not gonna change

Monday, February 8th 2016, 6:10am

So this game is launching on steam ... and will be dead on launch again. Allods needs a relaunch with a different business model ( tera style would be amazing ) in EU/NA, that is actually the time to do it, but we all know thats not gonna happen and thats the sad part.

Even if it was launched with a proper business model, it'd probably fail. First of all, it's still fairly hard to find it, even on Steam. Then there's the issue that it's full of very negative reviews, and most of the positive reviews are just trying to be funny as well.
If you google Allods, you'd find mostly negative things as well. They should've relaunched on Steam under a different name with 7.0 patch, different business model and RU/international servers merged.
The way they handled to whole Steam affair, I think the results are well-deserved.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Monday, February 8th 2016, 10:46am

in a stateful (progressive) game it would require to get best gear/items/teammates in order to get a serious OPTION to be absolute top (without taking into consideration that excellent knowledge regarding gamemechanics classes etc would be needed)

Except on the f2p server you can have all that and STILL be behind if you have like level 7 or 8 runes, cannot equip that second fabled earring, and have all stats lower by a decent amount (conclave and study of perfection).

I'd lose interest if I had to play on the same server with a group of people who progress faster with less time spent actually playing just because they have fat wallets.

if they would gain these advantages by excessive farming, would you were OK with it?
if yes, just imagine the whales as hardcore-farmers

Theoretically yes. Practically the difference they could make over me would be very very small in the case of best of them, so small I probably would not even notice it.

The current difference generated by excessive cash cannot be overcome even playing 24/7. When the most efficient way to play a game is go get a job and work instead, something is VERY wrong with that game,

(or as players who bought gold from goldsellers but did not get caught!)

Those who would buy gold illegally I'd just bait, collect (or forge :evil: ) evidence against and plain report to help rid the community of scum.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Feb 8th 2016, 11:16am)

Monday, February 8th 2016, 3:33pm

you always complain about f2p server players in regards to p2p servers. if i wanted to PAY to play, i would i play wow XD srsly, though, half of the point is that its f2p. if you take the free, out, you will lose alot of players. remember, most players are kids. im been playing for awhile,with on and off stops, and i'm still enjoying this, if the f2p server move to steam,and my toons remains, and prices WONT get higher i'm cool with that.
I stand with Israel.

Monday, February 8th 2016, 5:02pm

WARNING! THIS POST CONTAINS A LOT OF

half of the point is that its f2p. if you take the free, out, you will lose alot of players.

Maybe, but certainly not for the right reasons, most likely because of their (the players') inability to observe, count, analyze or think clearly.

I would really love to see official statistic on how many players currently playing on New Frontier pay over 10€ per month but at the same time aren't big enough spenders to be capable of buying like 100-150 strongboxes or buying straight up items of equivalent value from gamblers each sale or uncursing every single upgrader they get or using potent elixirs on all in-game activities in which stats matter...

I'd be shocked, if that number was "0". If that was the case maybe I'd even start regaining faith in humanity.

Cold, hard truth is they don't belong in New Frontier at all. They could contribute to making p2p server have a decent population like the Russian one, but noooo better be like "oh why would I pay to join a dead server?"

I hope there's a special place in hell for those :evil:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Feb 8th 2016, 5:11pm)

Tuesday, February 9th 2016, 12:35pm

i hardly pay more then 5 dollers a mounth , and that is for xp scrolls, couse im lazy,but other then this, i prefer the f2p server.
I stand with Israel.

Tuesday, February 9th 2016, 2:13pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

The point is that you've already enjoyed the game for years - been more powerful than new players for quite some time now. Level 7 runes are new average among players that aren't completely new at this moment. So giving them and future new players a decent start with reasonable cost doesn't take away your superiority because you don't have that even now, if you have 7 runes atm.

You have paid to enjoy for all these years Allods has been around... so I don't really understand your point of view. You would still be superior in most CS stuff + in knowledge and skill and gears than any new player.

For example: Lets say you buy a X game from store... you play it for 5 months and a new sequel X2 is published. You go buy that too and play the X and X2 the next 5 months... then sequal X3 is published and you buy that too and enjoy another 5 months. Then a new "guy" comes and says, "Oh - that game looks interesting", and buys X and X2 which are now on hefty sale and the X3 with reduced price.... Say you spend 300 €/$ to those 3 games when they were brand new (100 €/$ each)... the random guy gets all 3 games with 140 €/$ 15 months after the game X was published. Same should happen in Allods Online, it would be logical.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gwiniel" (Feb 9th 2016, 2:24pm)

Tuesday, February 9th 2016, 6:23pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Hey folks,
As it stands, EU held no plans to separate Steam & current server, actively welcoming the mixture.

This is completely ass backwards from the Russian server...which we ALWAYS follow...to a damn T other than the sales.
Are you sure you have real information?
If you are sure that this is even a possibility...this is how I feel right now:

I'm just having a hard time believing this incredibly great news.
Maybe so, but we continue to tell people (in all games related to the company) not to assume that everything that happens there will happen here (excluding the games-core, obviously, which is entirely their call). Ultimately, we do not follow their event patterns and always need to have room for factors (eg. market being the prime example) that cannot be applied across the board. However, as simple as some may think the situation is, it requires a lot of discussion between all parties as there are pro's and con's no matter which way it goes, hence until it is set in stone one way or the other, there cannot be a guarantee -- but as stated above, over on this side we officially had no plans for separation regarding main server & upcoming steam iteration, meaning we'd hoped both can coexist together. Until discussions close on the subject, that remains the plan -- but as said, that does not mean it is guaranteed to happen as it's not our call alone to make.

Regardless, when the official word is known, we'll no doubt be putting forward a full statement on the subject.

Regards,
Mhul

Tuesday, February 9th 2016, 7:10pm

freestile

Professional

Quoted from "freestile"

The point is that you've already enjoyed the game for years - been more powerful than new players for quite some time now. Level 7 runes are new average among players that aren't completely new at this moment. So giving them and future new players a decent start with reasonable cost doesn't take away your superiority because you don't have that even now, if you have 7 runes atm.

I've never been more powerfull than the average player (maybe slightly superior depending on what you call average) but that's my fault, as it is my first mmo i haven't been efficient for at least my first 2,5 years of playing (i've played for 4y now) and since the 6.0 patch i've started to full farm+CS but even with this i'm not superior than the average (not even full 7 runes, but that's not my priority...). So no, actually i feel like i'm just ABOUT to start enjoying a slight superiority but there are still a lot of heavy cs'er/people who started at the beta, to rape me^^
Moreover, when i've started to play, i didn't receive a lvl5 rune set (i think it was the average atm) so i'd be very pissed of if new players now would get this free lvl7 runes that i still don't have after 4y of playing -_-. And even as a new player, i'd certainly think "wtf this is way to easy, why should i invest time in this game if everything is given to me like this ?( "

You have paid to enjoy for all these years Allods has been around... so I don't really understand your point of view. You would still be superior in most CS stuff + in knowledge and skill and gears than any new player.

so as i've already explained it, no i don't feel "this" superior to the newcomers. I do agree that yes i'd be superior regarding knoledge and skill but not gear (reset every season) and not that much in cs.

For example: Lets say you buy a X game from store... you play it for 5 months and a new sequel X2 is published. You go buy that too and play the X and X2 the next 5 months... then sequal X3 is published and you buy that too and enjoy another 5 months. Then a new "guy" comes and says, "Oh - that game looks interesting", and buys X and X2 which are now on hefty sale and the X3 with reduced price.... Say you spend 300 €/$ to those 3 games when they were brand new (100 €/$ each)... the random guy gets all 3 games with 140 €/$ 15 months after the game X was published. Same should happen in Allods Online, it would be logical.

once again, it is MY pov but as a progression based game, if it's this easier to get stuff by waiting a bit for a discout/price to go down, i don't get where's the interest in playing. This is not against new players but i've been weak for a long time in this game so i don't get why they should come and have everything in easymode just because the game doesn't go so well... . I've been raped X time before to have enought experience/cs stuff so i want them to get raped the same amount of time. They should see this as a motivation, a goal to reach. If not, well allods isn't for you guys...unless you're not interested in the competitive side of the game (what i fully respect!)