You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 8th 2016, 8:19am

• "d_5ffeec4e46276" has been banned
  • "d_5ffeec4e46276" started this thread

Terrible Lags and Spikes

Hey guys, I know this is in the wrong section but I'm afraid no on will notice or see it so I've come to General Discussion in hopes for an answer or a reply of some sort. (Moderator moved thread, just to clarify :) )

So basically what's been happening is I can't play the game whatsoever. The lag, spikes and disconnections are so consistent that the game won't even function and my client won't respond to the server. Especially in Novograd it's the worst where my ping will go from dark red to black and thus nothing loads and all of Novograd is COMPLETELY empty. In other areas such as the Wild Shore my ping would go from yellow to dark red and no matter what ping it's on the client won't respond to the server and it freezes and all that.

I've tried every possible solution, even checking my firewall and not just that but I opened up the original launcher as administrator and logged in through there and went in game and the same thing was happening. I'm certain as this isn't me and it's the server mostly because I can play other games perfectly fine without any issues whatsoever. Allods is a different story though and even takes forever to log in and get to character selection (the info on the top left corner is slow and not fast as before), which sucks! :(

Anyone else having this problem or have a solution?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AMDRylai" (Feb 8th 2016, 8:37am)

Monday, February 8th 2016, 8:41am

Hello,

Topic moved to the appropriate section.

I suggest you read this topic, you'll find some advice to test your client and connection, and send useful information to the support team about your issue : http://support.my.com/games/kbPage/138/
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Monday, February 8th 2016, 4:42pm

Hello,

Topic moved to the appropriate section.

I suggest you read this topic, you'll find some advice to test your client and connection, and send useful information to the support team about your issue : http://support.my.com/games/kbPage/138/
Thanks for your help, I really appreicate it. Unfortunately, that thread didn't help much as I'm having a totally different issue. I have decided to wait till the next maintenance as I will be away for a while and hopefully then it's all fixed and if not then I'll message support. Thanks again :)

Monday, February 8th 2016, 9:17pm

Hello,

Thanks for your help, I really appreicate it. Unfortunately, that thread didn't help much as I'm having a totally different issue. I have decided to wait till the next maintenance as I will be away for a while and hopefully then it's all fixed and if not then I'll message support. Thanks again :)

You have a connection issue (lag and spikes is a connection issue).

Here's a tutorial on how to obtain a traceroute :

Quoted

To generate a WinMTR log please perform the following steps:

Download WinMTR
Extract WinMTR and run the application as an admin
Enter "185.30.178.27" in the host field and click start
After the trace is complete, click "Copy text to clipboard" and paste the contents in your request

In the event WinMTR does not work for you, you can still run a traceroute manually by following these steps:
Go to Start > Run
Type cmd and press the Enter key
Type tracert 185.30.178.27
Right-click on the window and choose "select all".
Press Ctrl+C to copy the selection to your clipboard
Paste (Ctrl+V) the traceroute in your request.

Providing this information will help us pinpoint where along the chain your connection to Allods Online is encountering issues and enable us to take additional action.

If you are using the my.com launcher, try to close it once your game is launched.
Be sure to unchek the P2P connection box in the my.com launcher settings.

A last test would be to try to connect to the game through a VPN and see if you have the same issues.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Tuesday, February 9th 2016, 11:42am

Hello,

You have a connection issue (lag and spikes is a connection issue).

Here's a tutorial on how to obtain a traceroute :

Quoted

To generate a WinMTR log please perform the following steps:

Download WinMTR
Extract WinMTR and run the application as an admin
Enter "185.30.178.27" in the host field and click start
After the trace is complete, click "Copy text to clipboard" and paste the contents in your request

In the event WinMTR does not work for you, you can still run a traceroute manually by following these steps:
Go to Start > Run
Type cmd and press the Enter key
Type tracert 185.30.178.27
Right-click on the window and choose "select all".
Press Ctrl+C to copy the selection to your clipboard
Paste (Ctrl+V) the traceroute in your request.

Providing this information will help us pinpoint where along the chain your connection to Allods Online is encountering issues and enable us to take additional action.

If you are using the my.com launcher, try to close it once your game is launched.
Be sure to unchek the P2P connection box in the my.com launcher settings.

A last test would be to try to connect to the game through a VPN and see if you have the same issues.
Thank you, much appreciated!

Friday, February 12th 2016, 1:28am

Pochtron

Intermediate

Not sure if this applies to you, but some slowdowns and lag spikes happened to be related to a very large user.cfg file.
"Very large" here means over 1 Mb, and the troubles were caused by "PlayerDatabase" addon that has been running wild for some time.

Anyway, have a check at your user.cfg file, you'll find it under [Allods Online Install Folder]\Allods Online EN\Personal.
Sizes around 100-300Kb are fine. Over 1MB you're in trouble and can expect some choppy gameplay.

But, given what you said in your first post it looks more network (i.e. bad connection between you & the allods server) than config related. To rule out the ISP network, could you maybe try playing on same computer (if it is a laptop) and on different network like friend or public wifi ?

If same happens when playing on other network, it's something on your computer "slowing down" allods network connections.
If it works fine elsewhere, means your ISP doesn't like allods and then good luck trying to convince him to allow you to play this game.

Last but not least. This game can be launched via official launcher, which also starts a P2P client on your comptuer sharing game files & patches (bittorrent like), or via "legacy" launcher found in [Allods Install Folder]\Allods Online EN\bin\Launcher.exe
Try to run the legacy one in admin mode, and see if it helps.

Rate this thread