You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, February 12th 2016, 6:48pm

Importance of runes

I decided to buy crystal chips with real money until i'll have all the runes lvl 7. How much of a difference will it be between me and let's say, the players with lvl 10 runes? I know the numbers, I just want to hear what real players, who dealt with this problem, have to say. And can I farm to get my runes to a higher level? I mean, not spending 12 hours a day, but maybe 1-2 hours a day. how long is it going to take?

Friday, February 12th 2016, 7:18pm

IAmGroot

Professional

I decided to buy crystal chips with real money until i'll have all the runes lvl 7. How much of a difference will it be between me and let's say, the players with lvl 10 runes? I know the numbers, I just want to hear what real players, who dealt with this problem, have to say. And can I farm to get my runes to a higher level? I mean, not spending 12 hours a day, but maybe 1-2 hours a day. how long is it going to take?

Real quick figures on going from level 7 runes to level 10 runes:

Crystal Chips needed: 229,524
Cost of said Crystal Chips: 39,019,080g

Gold Dust needed: 606,164,160
Cost of said Gold Dust: 4,909,929.7g

Level 1 runes needed: 2688
Cost of said level 1 runes: 1102g

Total cost of going from 7s to 10s: 43,930,112 gold

With that being said....I don't farm THAT much but I do farm sometimes...
Let's just say your average gold per hour while farming is about 4,000/hour.
It will take you 10,982.5 hours to farm your runes.
It will take you 457.6 days to farm your runes.
It will take you 15.25 months to farm your runes.
It will take you 1.27 years to farm your runes.

Please keep in mind, this is farming 24 hours non stop for that amount of time.

Let's say you farm only 2 hours a day, hard farming...
It will take you 5491.3 days to farm your runes.
It will take you 183.04 months to farm your runes.
It will take you 15.25 years to farm your runes.

Oh man, this just made me really depressed.

I hope this helps...

Friday, February 12th 2016, 8:08pm

runes 7 vs runes 10 is like runes 0 vs runes 3
its some difference but not too much; gear does matter so much more than runes (but ofc, runes are permanent while gear is losing its worth after next levelpatch comes
from my experience as someone who has never used any money in this game and farmed all i can say that going higher with runes than full 8 should be carefully thought of as the price / performance ratio becomes really bad after level 8

if you take a look you will see some players with runes not higher than full 8 which properly participate in PVP with visible success

so my advice is that you look carefully what items you have and if there is eventually something to improve your char cheaper than with runes

farming for level 10 will take quite some time as the calculation above shows
beside regular farming, consider trading items (auctions), if you do it right, this will earn you more gold for a few minutes effort, than farming straight for several hours :)

Friday, February 12th 2016, 8:08pm

reeah19

Intermediate

in pve is semi noticeable, but dependin on class and play style can be on par. In pvp you'll die vs 10s.

8s are possible to farm if you only farm(not gearing), above no way.
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Friday, February 12th 2016, 9:05pm

Woah :c i never thought it would be that hard to make runes...i just don't know what to do, i like The idea of The p2p server, but i like The population of f2p, but f2p is too hard to be a competitive player..

Saturday, February 13th 2016, 12:27am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

There's another way of upgrading runes depending of you luck...

I have usually spend roughly 50 - 100 € on every prophetic card sale and for some reason I have an incredible luck with crystal chips. I have upgraded my runes from full 7s to 2 x 9s and 4x 8s just with the crystal chips gained from opening prophetic cards from the past 3 sales. BUT with the same money I've managed to get most mounts, skins, tons of vanity, mount feeds, millions of gold dust (from 1 to 3 million from each sale) etc. from the cards as well. So compared to prices when buying the needed crystals from Item Shop directly versus the value of stuff gained from prophetic cards, opening the cards for me has been win - win!
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Saturday, February 13th 2016, 8:38am

This just shows one of the biggest problems in allods = way to high prices in butique. And its not only runes but everything! Patron 5 = 12 k bc , strongboxes 160 bc each (and you still cant be sure how much it will take to get what you want). The prices should be lowered at least a 50 % so much more ppl would pay for real money but as for now you have to be a no life or be rich to get any better stuff

Saturday, February 13th 2016, 3:25pm

KomandoR

Trainee

========>BRAIN<=======
P2P

Saturday, February 13th 2016, 3:48pm

IAmGroot

Professional

I try to be fair to all, but since you were rude, I will be too.

No one likes to play a multiplayer game as a solo game.
There is roughly 20 people on each faction........
Dead server is dead. :whistling:

Saturday, February 13th 2016, 6:57pm

+ noone likes to pay to get nothing (but something you have for free anyway)
+ noone likes to pay for having less than those who play for free; without even the option to get a lot of things ever

-> noone wants to pay for a shareware-version of a game

Saturday, February 13th 2016, 7:29pm

Aionwen

Professional

if i try to sell an item at ah for 2 000 000g, and it wont be bought, how high is my fee?
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Saturday, February 13th 2016, 9:01pm

Saturday, February 13th 2016, 10:41pm

IAmGroot

Professional

if i try to sell an item at ah for 2 000 000g, and it wont be bought, how high is my fee?

5% for any auction goes to the "house" as fee.

So 2,000,000 gold item = 100,000 to house as fee.

Sunday, February 14th 2016, 10:35am

Aionwen

Professional

in describtion from ahnpc i found it read 5% from sellingprice only if its sold, but im intrested in the loss of gold for this *!%@§" who try to sell 50 konfetti for 4000g e.g.
coz im wondering how often some1 puts 1 konfetti or other stuff for 987 456 g in ah and i am bored of this mess i hope nobody is buying.

i know no item with a tradervalue of 2 000 000 in generell they have no mentionable cost except levelinggear and some lootstuff.
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Sunday, February 14th 2016, 11:08am

reeah19

Intermediate

close to nothing, most cash shop items have 1 copper/1 gold trade value
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden