You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 10:20am

help needed please

hello guys

i thought id try and download allods last night ive looked at many threads made sure i dont have a firewall running made sure i deleted all previous attempts ran ccleaner and im still stuck on this if i click on it it goes into loop please help

https://www.dropbox.com/s/30l2mi80qt9v1u…101339.jpg?dl=0

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 10:36am

Kurtcobain

Professional

May it could be the Progressiv Download, duno never see that bevor.

Do you have complete download the game or stucks it while downloading?
Kurtcobain-Lvl 80-Demo/ Sechmet-Lvl 80 Cleric

KurtCobain - lvl 80 Cleric (LEAGUE)

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 10:39am

this is the first screen that opens when i try and download it and its not going anywhere at all i deleted and reinstalled it several times since last night and ive ran ccleaner every time im not really sure what to do anymore but id love to come and play with you guys

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 11:08am

Kurtcobain

Professional

is it the my.com launcher you try to download the game with?

and if you say you ran ccleaner what happens when you turn ccleaner off?

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 11:25am

Hiya yea its the my.com im trying to download it through and ive turned ccleaner before reinstalling it still like this pic taken just now

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9o9j9939im6vy….23.37.jpg?dl=0

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 12:48pm

Kurtcobain

Professional

hmmmm i have no idea what that problem is and what can fix it, but i´m not a expert in IT things, sry maybe someone has a idea what to do :thumbdown:

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 1:48pm

I'll try to help you as best as I can. This might look like a hack attempt, but trust me, I am doing it purely out of kindness of my heart.

First off, I will put this part in bold and caps, because it's very important:

FORGET ABOUT GAMECENTER/MY.COM LAUNCHER/WHATEVER THIS MONSTROUS, HIDEOUS THING IS CALLED. IT'S T-R-A-S-H. TRASH.

DELETE IT.

NOW.

When that's out of the way...

Back in the old days, we used to have a functional, small, nice looking and problem-free launcher. That launcher is available for the Russian version even today, but administration of international version thought it will be a good idea to get rid of it.

Note to administration: It was a terrible idea. Allow the old launcher to be downloaded from official site just like the Russian version.

This old launcher still works, only you can't get it anywhere except from old players who still have it or players with a functional installation of the game.

I am sharing it for the english client here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5gEbhmn3G5Hb1pTNWF5ZjVtUXM

I suggest users of other languages to share theirs.

1. Download the above .zip
  2. Put it wherever you wish the game to be on your disk.
  3. Go to Allods Online/bin folder and run Launcher.exe (it's the official old launcher)

What I put in there is the bare bones of the client, minimum files required to start up the launcher.
Obviously it will detect a lot of files missing and start a repair. You will get error messages. Run it a few times until it starts downloading the missing files.

It should be enough to get your game up and running. If it doesn't - post here why.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Dala" (Feb 24th 2016, 2:05pm)

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 2:48pm

thank you so much Dala i really just want to play hehe so ill sort this as soon as im back from school runs but this is great thank you once again

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 5:17pm

Hello,

Did you try to launch it as an Admin (right click on the launcher icon and choose "launch as an Administrator") ?

PS : You can change your forum username here : http://allods.my.com/en/user
Choose carefully, you won't be able to change it again.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 8:17pm

Hi Gladia yip running as admin no idea whats going on its driven me crazy hehe and thank you

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 8:19pm

Hi Dala i have followed everything youve said but im currently stuck on since 4pm

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/8ikj6skdyjaj0…DRoglBqxTCrR-Oa

is this maybe because its P2P and theres no peers? i dont know im just making assumptions now hehe x

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 8:33pm

is this maybe because its P2P and theres no peers? i dont know im just making assumptions now hehe x

I see you have some part downloaded so it can't be network problem. I've never actually see it stop like with bit torrent clients when there's no seeds. It's the same technology, but it always looked like the official publisher was seeding it constantly.

Go to launcher settings (gear icon) and make sure there's no limit on "Disk space for patches" ("All" option) and that "Full patch download" is checked.
Also uncheck "Download only requested packs" if it's checked, this one is very important.

I have really no clue what to do beyond this point.

Thursday, February 25th 2016, 12:16am

Hello,

You may try something else : get the .torrent file in your "(\MyGames\)Allods Online EN\Patches" folder and start downloading with a bitorrent client, and see what happens.

P2P and F2P are two different servers, not 2 different clients.
Allods Online Discord
----

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Feb 25th 2016, 2:30pm)

Thursday, February 25th 2016, 10:05am

P2P and F2P are two different servers, not 2 different clients.

P2P in this case means Peer to Peer :whistling:

Thursday, February 25th 2016, 2:29pm

Hello,

P2P in this case means Peer to Peer :whistling:
Ohhhh.
I really read "because there's less players on P2P then there's less peers" :D.
Thank you.
Allods Online Discord
----