You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 10:29am

• "d_5ffeec4e46276" has been banned

I also would like to add that the community have given plenty of feedback over the past couple of years and it's been rare to see if that was taken into consideration and done, which is sad because if it was taken into consideration a major increase in playerbase would've happened or some type of nice impact would've been evident but that's not the case. Hopefully we see something happen soon.

Monday, February 29th 2016, 6:39pm

Allods not on Steam anymore?

Apparently, Allods has been removed from Steam since february 27th

http://steamcommunity.com/app/381640/dis…48158153688294/

Can someone confirm?

Monday, February 29th 2016, 7:35pm

IAmGroot

Professional

LOLWUT

Reading more of the responses to that thread...it appears it was a system error and they're working on fixing it.

Monday, February 29th 2016, 7:54pm

Yeah it's an error on the steam side. It's not being removed.

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 10:01am

Quinz

Intermediate

I think it's quite ironic that so many people say that Allods is a great game in its core and it was so awesome at the beginning etc., still though, no one is trying out the P2P server, which is pretty much exactly Allods in its early years. In its early years, there weren't so many items available in the CS that would give you a huge advantage as there is today, so most people were on the same level and skill mattered a lot more than CS-items. More and more of these items have been released over the years and the prices are just increasing, which has developed the game to its current state.

I'm not taking any sides here, nor trying to promote the P2P server, because I've only been playing there for two days myself so far, but it just bothers me a bit that so many people are complaining about the game in its current state and wishing it to be more like early years, and at the same time the solution is right in front of you. You are offered the opportunity to play Allods the way you explain that you want to, but you're not going for it.

Most people have paid hundreds or maybe thousands of dollars/euros on the game, and still they're not satisfied. But paying 10 euros a month to be able to play the game the way you want, that's out of the question.

So you're not hoping for a better future for Allods, you're hoping for a better future specifically for the New Frontier server.
No wonder the P2P server has a low population.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 10:09am

P2p started off so well but it soon bled out. Theres not that many people playing even though the concept is good, if there's no playerbase it's not viable, sadly. There are a few things they had to figure out before they had launched imo; i.e. raiding, costumes, other vanity items. Going from a server where you cleared all content then going to a server that can't even do the raid at full end-of-season gear is kind of meh.

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 10:41am

Going from a server where you cleared all content then going to a server that can't even do the raid at full end-of-season gear is kind of meh.

Apparently from 7.0 onwards you can. As of right now on the Russian server the same number of bosses (hard modes) has been cleared on f2p and p2p servers and the time difference was no more than 10 days.

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 11:37am

Well P2P always had 2 problems:
1. Low population -- could be fixed very fast, since many people saying that they would start if we would have more players :(
2. Content adjustment wasnt the best -- fixed if dala is right.

But most people will stay F2P cause they have already spent much time/ money for their CS items.
They are not aware of the money they will spend for future CS items.

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 12:49pm

Quinz

Intermediate

Well P2P always had 2 problems:
1. Low population -- could be fixed very fast, since many people saying that they would start if we would have more players :(
Yeh. that's the thing though, if people who only has "low population" as reason for not going p2p would actually start playing on the p2p server, problem would be solved. If some people start, spread the word, then more will follow. It's all it takes.

But most people will stay F2P cause they have already spent much time/ money for their CS items.
Exactly! Most people have exactly that attitude, "I don't want to have to pay, I like the idea of the game being free". Well, I'm sorry to break it to you people but there will be more "player advantage" items to come, so you will most likely lose more money staying where you are. It's the sad truth.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 1:13pm

I know, Dala, but I'm just stating that was a problem when the p2p server just came out. They adjusted it later but at the start it was rough having no endgame content basically.

Friday, March 4th 2016, 11:34am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Exactly - I'm 1 of those that stay in F2P because I've spend so many years and € in the game that there's no reason for me to change to P2P server - I'd still have to pay but would lose everything I spend so much time and money into. Would need to play the game from scratch and lose all vanities and mounts + their skins I've collected. That's something I certainly don't want to do.

Next reason for staying in F2P server is that it doesn't bother me, if the game is P2W, since I don't even intend on playing competitively anymore like in the beginning. My personal "hard-core" gaming years are over and I "invest" to have fun in my personal sense.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Friday, March 4th 2016, 12:51pm

Besides the obvious amounts of money invested in the cash shop it's also the friends I've made over the years that mostly make me refrain from switching to another server. Also mainly the reason I'm still playing generally after all this time. Go Ascendancy!

Friday, March 4th 2016, 1:32pm

Quinz

Intermediate

Next reason for staying in F2P server is that it doesn't bother me, if the game is P2W, since I don't even intend on playing competitively anymore like in the beginning. My personal "hard-core" gaming years are over and I "invest" to have fun in my personal sense.
Besides the obvious amounts of money invested in the cash shop it's also the friends I've made over the years that mostly make me refrain from switching to another server. Also mainly the reason I'm still playing generally after all this time. Go Ascendancy!

These are both very valid reasons to stay on the f2p server I'd say. If you feel that you don't want to lose your friends on the server, or if you simply don't mind the server being p2w, then it's all good.

However, if you stay only because you feel that you spent too much money on your character, then you should ask yourself what's most worth;
staying on the server and keep being displeased and sad because you don't like the current state of the game on the f2p server
OR
leaving your precious little character behind but actually being able to play the game the way you want to, you'll be happier and over time you may even be able to regain much of what you had on the f2p server (mounts and some vanity items).

People need to stop thinking about the past, because it won't make your gameplay experience any better. Instead they need to think about what will improve the gameplay experience for them. That's what everyone wants, isn't it?
-Dale Carnegie

-Bernard M. Baruch

Saturday, March 5th 2016, 6:31am

Regaining back what I'd have on the f2p server might take a while since I have 25+ different mounts and over 900 costumes. :D

Saturday, March 5th 2016, 9:55am

Quinz

Intermediate

Regaining back what I'd have on the f2p server might take a while since I have 25+ different mounts and over 900 costumes. :D
Does this make the gameplay better for you though? Is PvP, raids and other skirmishes more fun when you have 900 costumes and 25 mounts?
How does this improve the gameplay other than the look of your character?
-Dale Carnegie

-Bernard M. Baruch

Saturday, March 5th 2016, 10:27am

freestile

Professional

gameplay doesn't make everything, i still can't understand how some people don't give a f. to the appearence of their char... ?(
For me, having nice costumes and mounts is much more important than having balance pvp where only gameplay matter (gameplay is still very important for me thought).

Saturday, March 5th 2016, 11:57am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

For me, having nice costumes and mounts is much more important than having balance pvp where only gameplay matter (gameplay is still very important for me thought).
My POV as well :thumbsup: I care much more about the vanity than end-game. My computer can no longer handle 24 ppl raids. It starts to occasionally lag even in 6 ppl parties (no problem with mercs though) in astral. I can manage a 12 ppl raid in Tep though - although it's stunning, it's small unlike DC. Haven't been able to enter Eclipse, Ancient Mount or Gates Project.

Since I'm no longer a hard-core gamer, my goals in game have changed. I no longer urge to be among top players or be competitive otherwise. I've always hated PVP, so never been into that anyway. Not being in a big and strong guild also means less opportunities for end-game raids. I have to leech a walk-through from better players capable of doing the content without massive raids. So my current goals are just to enjoy and have fun. I also kinda have a hoarder's mind set - I like collecting stuff (collecting them in an online game doesn't fill up my home :D )

I don't have even nearly as much as Venality does but a reasonably good amount nonetheless.

I also love exploring and questing - I'd rather quest and level slower than grind same thing over and over to maximize leveling speed. I like to pause and enjoy the landscapes of allods, listen the sounds and music, watch the sky, find a path and climb up to higher place to have a majestic view over the allod. And most in-game gears are so ugly, I'd rather have lots of vanities I can change according to season and feeling. I have to admit that majority of allods vanities are also ugly... But there comes my hoarder mind set - have to get them all, if I possibly can :whistling:

I know not many are like me in game - there are a couple though... But ppl should respect everyone's POV and not push their own as top priority. Everyone doesn't want to be competitive just like everyone doesn't care about vanities or PVP.

Saturday, March 5th 2016, 12:28pm

freestile

Professional

that's why i love you AOP and Gwiniel, because you are the only 2 other people i've found that are open minded regarding the way we can enjoy/play the game :love:
and not just like many others who are always saying that pvp/gear-race are the only "real" things that can be enjoyable in this game :pinch:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "freestile" (Mar 5th 2016, 2:28pm)

Saturday, March 5th 2016, 12:45pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Does this make the gameplay better for you though? Is PvP, raids and other skirmishes more fun when you have 900 costumes and 25 mounts?
How does this improve the gameplay other than the look of your character?
Game play for me is better as I have a large bag, a good mount, loot collector with manuals so I don't have to collect minerals/herbs manually, all 3 professions and average/slightly above average runes + other cs stuff and I have vanity to hide ugly gears. I've played the game too long like this that I no longer want to play without.

Sure, at first it was nicer to play really roughly at the beginning (2010) for me but after over 5 years of playing, I don't want to play like that now. Then bosses were lot harder, basic mobs too, there were a LOT less teleports so it took closer to 25mins just to run from Oreshek to the Rapid Squirrel boss in Lightwood zone when the first horse wasn't even available. You couldn't achieve much even by playing 6+ hours a day. Leveling and questing took months to reach the end-game, specially when you were new to all content. You had to kill a lot more mobs just so you could retrieve your loots in middle of 5+ mobs. Bags were also so small, you had to either constantly run to sell stuff or discard 80% stuff that dropped. And since there were so few npcs to sell to - I rather discarded most. This was BEFORE the first mount.

You also had to do VERY painstaking quests to earn a slightly bigger bank and bag - for the bag you had to get like 30 drops from 3 different mobs across Lightwood and Siveria on League side. The drops were RARE so I remember killing over 300 mites near the sawmill in Lightwood to get the loots required! Same went with the bees near White Lake and yaks in Siveria. It was really awful quest. Today, you get the bag size free >.>

For the bank, you had to do the Wandering Alchemist quest - The Alchemist npc appeared to a random location out of 6 or so possible locating both in Lightwood and Siveria. After someone talked to the npc, it disappeared and reseted somewhere else after 10 or so minutes. You needed 3 or 5 potions of each 5 or so varieties. It took over a month to do with 3+ hours a day scouting just for the Alchemist! The Alchemist only remained in the same location for about 10mins or so. Even with the first mount, you couldn't possibly run to check all location in that time alone.

I truly hated when allods introduced the flashy arrows to the beginner zones to point out what to do. Those are meant for ppl that doesn't want to bother their brains at all or can't understand the language. On this server I can understand that but back then, most common languages had their own servers. It also so sad to see mobs being made so much easier - there was no challenge anymore, just mindless killing. It's better now because there's so few players to play with or help you through harder mobs. And mercenaries were a god send in the game. No longer endless hours of calling "lf tank to Oreshek!" etc.

Asee-Teph was pure hell. The pvp there was harsh and I died there countless of times, which further lengthened the questing time required. Back then you couldn't travel via the power sites - you only gained a stat boost. There was no emblem of justice so every lvl 40 player could kill you as much as they wanted since 60% of the quests forced your flag of war open. Since then, a lot of the quests has been changed and they no longer activate your flag of war by killing imperial npcs. A few still does, but majority doesn't. Still, after all these years I truly hate Asee-Teph zone because of the horrific first experience I got from there.

And I no longer have to look my toon armless... there was a healer plate gear in Asee-Teph that had a bug which made my toon's arms disappear completely from shoulders to fingers. It was stupid to watch her kill stuff with weapons hanging in the air. With vanity, such things can no longer happen.

So all in all, although gaming is much easier now, I don't want to be the same as in 2010 because of all the years I've played already. If I was a complete new player in 2016, I'd appreciate a more challenging content than what it is today. But as an old player, I want to keep my luxuries that makes my game easier, more fluent and enjoyable. New contents are enough of challenge for me today.

Sorry for the lengthy reply but since you were interested in the mindset of ppl playing this game... there's mine.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gwiniel" (Mar 5th 2016, 12:53pm)

Saturday, March 5th 2016, 2:32pm

Quinz

Intermediate

Thanks Gwiniel for sharing your thoughts :) It sure is interesting to hear that some people adore the vanity aspect of a game so much.
To be honest though, it sounds to me like there are other games that would suit you better than Allods, for example sandbox games.

Take ArcheAge or Black Desert for example. They are very focused on mining, farming, gathering, housing and vanity. There you'll have the chance to skip the PvP and PvE content completely (at max level) and just get your own house, decorate it, have your own farm to grow plants etc., get different workers who will help you with gathering and building, and much more. These games are also usually very nice looking, good graphics and beautiful and big landscapes. They are much more immersive than the older types of mmorpg's.

People who are complaining about these kind of games are usually unhappy with the PvP or PvE system and/or complaining about P2W. I guess you wouldn't have to worry too much about those things then.

Just sounds a bit strange to me that one who has this POV for an mmorpg game would choose to play Allods ;)
-Dale Carnegie

-Bernard M. Baruch