Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Allods Online Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

wcf.global.timeFormatLocalized

in my opinion they should finally allow acc selling anyway -.- if a player stops playing we lose 1 player on the server and new player hesitate to start the game cuz the starting costs are too high...so when old players sell their char its a win win situation...

accountselling makes so many players unhappy because if you sell an account with level 11 runes for 100€ its a price that cant be beaten by "normal" (3250 €)

however its also an very high risk of beeing scammed, you cant make sure you really get an account... even if you use a 3rd party "middleman", chances exist this middleman will take the money AND the account in the end... oh and thoretically the emailaccount would also have to be sold which is connected to the account, but emailaccounts can be gained back relatively easy etc... so accountselling is more luckdependent than the strongboxlottery... noone sane would do that

only giving an account to some RL friend or something seems a possibility to me as there you can make sure he wont scam you if you know him well enough

• »d_5ffeec4e46276« wurde gesperrt

Beruf: Alchemist

• Nachricht senden

Ok bud, let's try to make this thread even better. I will rephrase and mention in the main post that this is the "most common" definition of pay-to-win, but that the term may be subjective and can have slightly different meanings to different people.

This is just an attempt to reduce the amount of threads and posts regarding this topic, by having one thread that simply explains the common definition of the term.

If you have any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks! :)

EDIT: Updated the main post. Have a look :)
You seem like a nice person, and I edited my post because I felt like I was quite harsh in it but honestly this type of discussion isn't going to make the situation any better and might even influence the situation negatively. Also, there isn't a most common definition and I would recommend you rename the title to something more fitting towards your opinion rather than saying it's the most common as there really isn't because each person varies. Hope you understand and have a great day. :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »AMDRylai« (wcf.global.shortTimeFormatLocalized)

Quinz

Fortgeschrittener

• »Quinz« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Beruf: Makin 'em GAINS bro

• Nachricht senden

You seem like a nice person, and I edited my post because I felt like I was quite harsh in it but honestly this type of discussion isn't going to make the situation any better and might even influence the situation negatively. Also, there isn't a most common definition and I would recommend you rename the title to something more fitting towards your opinion rather than saying it's the most common as there really isn't because each person varies. Hope you understand and have a great day.
Well I see no reason not to be a nice person, there really isn't anything to be upset or angry about here. I also take your posts positively and see it as good criticism, maybe some of it a bit harsh yes, but still seeing it as positive criticism is always better than seeing it as something negative. :)

I have done additional changes to the main post now. Changed the title to "a common definition" instead of "the most common definition". I'd still say it's a common definition because when most (known) critics are talking about "pay-to-win" it's usually something in line with this.

The explanations I've included in this post are copied from very known sources and they are all very similar to each other. It's a quite general meaning of the term. If the term would have completely different meanings, it wouldn't be used by known critics since people would then have no clue what they actually mean by it.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Quinz« (wcf.global.shortTimeFormatLocalized)

in my opinion they should finally allow acc selling anyway -.- if a player stops playing we lose 1 player on the server and new player hesitate to start the game cuz the starting costs are too high...so when old players sell their char its a win win situation...
If we learned anything over time is that they don't like to lose money. Obviously buying an account from someone else isn't going to make them any profit so definetely a no-no situation.

Still praying that releasing this on steam will give us an influx of new people. We desperately need some new blood.

Obviously buying an account from someone else isn't going to make them any profit so definetely a no-no situation.
It's maybe a no-no Situation, but fact is, that no one cares about account buyers. As all players here know about the account buyers from warsong (Zell* and many others), but no one banned them so far. :| Even if it's against the rules! The only thing the mods/devs did is to bann some players for buying gold from goldsellers, but gave them the opportunity to rebuy the accounts. This guys just had to pay some $ to get their accounts back. :thumbdown:

it's against the rules! The only thing the mods/devs did is to bann some players
Devs are making nothing about this
Mods are making just one thing about this : deleting my post when i say that those cheaters are the kings of the servor (some********* mod has deleting my post below)

so two possibilites :
1. mods dont even know the rules of their own game
2. mods are cheaters themselves and dont want to be ban by dev

Beruf: Destoryer of all things you love

• Nachricht senden

it's against the rules! The only thing the mods/devs did is to bann some players
Mods are making just one thing about this : deleting my post when i say that those cheaters are the kings of the servor (some********* mod has deleting my post below)

so two options :
1. mods dont know the rules
2. mods are cheaters themselves and dont want to be ban for dev

I believe this is getting a little to spicy for the pepper.
I don't believe you know the rules, because "attacking" the mods as you are in this should be reason for a ban or at least a warning, granted, by how much you bash them and everyone else on this forum, I'm guessing you've already received your warning.

Hello,

To clarify, there is a difference between feedback/critique vs. wild statements used to get a dig in at the company. Feedback (positive & negative) that facilities wholesome discussion is always welcomed, whereas nobody has time for cheap jabs or statements of untruth.

Believe it or not, account trading and external currency trading benefits neither My.Com nor the players, hence the company takes action against them on almost all fronts. However, considering players do not get a transparent view of the entire investigations that take place (or the results thereof) means that it's very easy for hearsay to arise if a particular result is not publicly obvious (eg. perma ban).

Regardless, if you suspect players of owning (or participating the trading off) used accounts then we'll always accept and investigate reports on such matters. This also includes currency trading, which more often than not can land players into dodgy, account or real-money stealing sites/processes, and/or being banned.

I hope you all have a nice weekend but first, please try to keep posts on-topic -- this is a discussion on the topic of P2W, not Moderation or the companies support system or methods.

Thanks everyone,
-Mhul

Zitat

If we learned anything over time is that they don't like to lose money. Obviously buying an account from someone else isn't going to make them any profit so definetely a no-no situation.

Still praying that releasing this on steam will give us an influx of new people. We desperately need some new blood.

mhh so someone who paid money for a new acc to play with the top players wont cash anymore when there are new cs items or comsumable stuff like replicators or potents? i dont think so thats why i think for every acc which is not sold but simply inactive mycom loses money and the community loses a player ^^

and well back to the topic like mhul said... well who cares what the definition is? lol we are in langues class in school or what :D if you dont pay in allods you will very likely not play on top exept you are some insane farmer/trader who doesnt have a reallife anymore and thats a fact^^

• Nachricht senden

exept you are some insane farmer/trader who doesnt have a reallife anymore and thats a fact^^
Ohhh there are other ways you silly scarlet you. ;)
Auction house farming can make you a millionaire in gold in just a few weeks. :)

It's just like that story that floats around on Facebook every now and again, the guy that bought a BMW with a pencil.
The guy traded a pencil for something, traded that something for another something that was a tiny bit more valuable, and then traded that more valuable something for something even more valuable, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., until after trading his items 1,000 times, he finally had enough of a valuable item that he could trade if for a brand new BMW car.

There are some people that do this, but not that many, it can be done. :)

Or you could also just scam someone...lots of people do it all the time. :P

Beruf: DPSSSSSS!!^^

• Nachricht senden

i'do love to know your AH tricks to earn money easily, AOP talks about that quite often as well and i'm a bit tired of farming like a no brainer since 1 year...

• Nachricht senden

i'do love to know your AH tricks to earn money easily
If a fisherman that always sold fish to a person told him exactly where and how to fish for them...The fisherman would no longer have a job because the person could just go catch his own fish.
If we told all our secrets, we would no longer be able to do what we do. ;)

the trick is that if you are the fisherman, you tell people how to fish, in every single step, and once they know, they are too lazy to do it and then buy your fish

e.g. buy valuable item xy, keep it, and once sale is gone sell it, and no mater how ridiculous the price is, someone who is greedy and or without patience will pay it... :P

Beruf: DPSSSSSS!!^^

• Nachricht senden

ok thx AOP, that's what i think it would be ;), but actually i think i'm not patient enought myself (and not willing to take the risk not to have my gold back before a crucial sale, not to have invested in the good stuff...) to do it.
So i'll sadly have to continue to farm 8h+/day to get the same result as you in 5min ;(

put something on sale you can use for yourself anyway if its not bought in time
and once you have all the important sales (so there is just more of the same to get) you will no longer feel the stress of not selling in time :)

so two possibilites :
1. mods dont even know the rules of their own game
2. mods are cheaters themselves and dont want to be ban by dev
/edit by Fayne: Please follow the Signatur Rules

Senpai

Fortgeschrittener

• »Senpai« wurde gesperrt

Beruf: Allods Nolife

• Nachricht senden

Believe it or not, account trading and external currency trading benefits neither My.Com nor the players, hence the company takes action against them on almost all fronts. However, considering players do not get a transparent view of the entire investigations that take place (or the results thereof) means that it's very easy for hearsay to arise if a particular result is not publicly obvious (eg. perma ban).

Believe it or not a good 50% or more of the current population is old bought accounts that have been floating around and more increased with the merges of the Brazil & Turkey servers. People just have a method to fool you guys, people buy these accounts for a couple hundred that have thousands of dollars worth of cash shop you see people one day in in low tier runes then a week or two later they magically pop up with a full 11ns account. It benefits the players greatly the amount of cash you'd need to spend from ground up would cost them more if they just went to the tens of selling sites or friends/randoms selling accounts within guilds and get it cheaper. You guys know you can't just ban them the game is on life support no matter how much promises or oh-no's you give what population is left you guys have to hold onto. It's also funny you should include how you charge players IRL money to get their accounts unlocked when you found they cheated the company out of money when people bought shards at a low price some people needed to pay 1500 euro's to unlock their accounts.
KAPPA