You are not logged in.

Forum Only English

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, March 30th 2016, 3:43pm

Only English

So...

I'm not against any kind of person, religious beliefs, race or even planet... to start. What i am completely against is: Making game and forum completely separated because of languages making one forum/game, for 4 communities....

The Forum should be only English, with some sort of sub-forum with other languages. Even in game, people should do an effort to only use English and only use their language on private messages or if a guild is made by only players speaking that language.

I knew players that left, over many reasons, but also because chat is full of thingies no one can understand or like one once said "Is this game international? Can't play this..." (And then never saw him again...)

I can't realise why, in an international server, people still have to use 30 types of language where everyone reads... It's just not funny, at all, and the community would benefit a LOT from it.

Coming to the forum, to see some doubts i may have or knews or guides or suggestions or something, and then i need to use Chrome and hope people don't shorten words to be able to read anything on a forum, made like "Communities Forum" and not an international forum. I could paste the link of the top 10 most played MMOs and you would see what i am talking about.

I'm not from an English speaking country (you can easily see by my English...) but i do my efforts to only use English. Actually, i speak Portuguese, which is one the most spoken languages, and we had a Portuguese server, like the other countries here, and there's no PT/BR communitiy so, why do the others?

This post is only to ask you all to, please, try to use only english and My.Com, make this forum a Community not 4 different ones like if we had 4 different games because people the same, no matter the country.

Cheers
Retired...
New life till 7.0

Wednesday, March 30th 2016, 3:52pm

personally i also came to the english forum to gain a larger audience for exchange while not having english as my 1st language :)

no longer allowing conversation in these languages would not make the participants learn english but only would make them stop using the forum which is not something we should aim for

(if i ran the forums i would even open some unmoderated part for whatever language, especially for those languages the game had before; italian, polish, arabic and portuguese)

i think those who are able to do so are using the english forum a lot already so the non-english forums are a place for those who cannot communicate in english

Wednesday, March 30th 2016, 3:59pm

I think you got me all wrong.

I'm not asking to remove different languages. Just not to make them on main screen as English.

About in game language, I'm just asking for all players to start using English and not other languages.

Imagine a chat, where you would have to read, english, french, german, portuguese, spanish, italian, hindu, arabic, chinese, russian, etc... Jeez, that would be an horror movie...

There must exist other languages on forum, just on a subsystem and not like main. There for, it seems we have 4 communities for the same game.

But my special asking here is for players on game. It's really boring to be reading the ingame chat and don't understand a word on 100 crossed conversations.
Retired...
New life till 7.0

Wednesday, March 30th 2016, 4:06pm

IAmGroot

Professional

How difficult is it to go here and turn off the forums you don't want instead of whether you liked it or not...sounding racist?

I, for one, really like seeing other languages. I try to learn them as much as I can because I think other cultures and languages are incredibly cool to see and understand.

Wednesday, March 30th 2016, 4:12pm

Kurtcobain

Professional

IAmGroot :love: :thumbup:

totaly right, if you don´t want to read other parts of the forum with other languages klick on his link and turn them off.
Kurtcobain-Lvl 80-Demo/ Sechmet-Lvl 80 Cleric

KurtCobain - lvl 80 Cleric (LEAGUE)

Wednesday, March 30th 2016, 4:23pm

Well, can't say you're wrong, or that i am...

I stand with my opinion and i was not, by any means, despise any language. Just what i think and like some "without it", are tired to see on their guilds "Only English pls".

But, again, if it's ok for you, it's ok for me too.

Like the filter Kurt said, i'll use the filter and will not need to see other players write on this "Community" (yes, between quotation marks, to ironically call it).

Hope you Kurt, only to be able to write on German forum since you're not from other "Communities" and i'll have that filter on so, it might be our last conversation here, this one.

EDITED:

Oh i forgot, and to be honest, being racist it's the simple fact to have a button to ignore other languages, not trying to communicate with everyone i meet in game. So racist me? I don't think so...

And to know other cultures and languages, i'm pleased to tell you that you need actually to speak to other people, go meet their cultures and stop reading a game chat where you have to understand conversations that isn't for you... Go out, watch TV, travel, or like me, go to countries where almost every language in this game i've been.

Have you ever been on those countries? Are you racist for that? Or me that want to speak to everyone, understand them, and have actually been there? Think about it before distort someone else words mate...
Retired...
New life till 7.0

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kuekas" (Mar 30th 2016, 4:34pm)

Wednesday, March 30th 2016, 9:01pm

and when they cant write/talk in english?

Wednesday, March 30th 2016, 9:46pm

Gramarye

Professional

and when they cant write/talk in english?

well then they have to die ... sadly ...

Wednesday, March 30th 2016, 11:32pm

So you want to put other languages under english because english is common? Is it racist? Yeah to the max. I bet you whispering to the people who dont talk english and warn them to use english. Its pretty selfish reason to expect not talk their language. Fırstly why you even bother to understand they did not talking with you. I use my own language(turkish by the way) when i talk to people who use same language. I dont care what others think that time i want to talk with people from my country. Should I expect everyone know english Hell no! Should i have to make party to talk with severel people because your precious eyes have a rape session.

PS: Please bother yourself with better issues such as kids in Africa. They are hungry ffs bother yourself with it. And have a good one ^^
poot poot poot poot poot... POOTIE!! YOU'VE BEEN POOTED!!!

Thursday, March 31st 2016, 12:10am

Thursday, March 31st 2016, 8:22am

So you want to put other languages under english because english is common? Is it racist? Yeah to the max. I bet you whispering to the people who dont talk english and warn them to use english. Its pretty selfish reason to expect not talk their language. Fırstly why you even bother to understand they did not talking with you. I use my own language(turkish by the way) when i talk to people who use same language. I dont care what others think that time i want to talk with people from my country. Should I expect everyone know english Hell no! Should i have to make party to talk with severel people because your precious eyes have a rape session.

PS: Please bother yourself with better issues such as kids in Africa. They are hungry ffs bother yourself with it. And have a good one ^^

I can see that your inferiority complex is at the top^^.
Retired...
New life till 7.0

Thursday, March 31st 2016, 12:46pm

I can see that your inferiority complex is at the top.

Omg we think same for each other :D Seriously Im not feeling bad nor i have inferiority complex since i dont care. Only 1 thing i care is your selfish reasons. Here my 2 cents to you.
poot poot poot poot poot... POOTIE!! YOU'VE BEEN POOTED!!!