You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, April 9th 2016, 1:35pm

Stats and Weapons

Hello all,
So I reached max level and wanted to get into the crafting system when I mentioned that there are two questions I'm uncertain about:

What is the best distribution of my stat points as a PvE DPS?

I guess that distributing them equally on all three offensive stats is good. However, the role of the special stats is unclear to me. Should you focus on one of these instead of a main stat? If yes, which one? Maybe physical damage? Could be dealt more damage this way?

What is the best weapon as a PvE DPS?

A guide from the Russian forum (I used Google Translate) said that heavy Paired Weapons has the highest damage outcome in PvE. However, I simply don't understand the difference to Two-Handed Weapons explaining this. Does anybody may know more?

This is the guide I'm referring to: https://allods.mail.ru/forums/showthread.php?t=130812

Kind regards and thanks for your help in advance.

Saturday, April 9th 2016, 8:21pm

First on Weapon Choice:
Weapons have been simplified to two types:
Fast Weapons - all One-Handed weapons, Paired Fist Weapons, Paired Daggers, and Sword and Dagger. Also Bows and Crossbows
Slow Weapons - All Two-Handed weapons, Paired Axes, and Paired Maces

All fast weapons will have the same speed, damage spread, and value, and all slow weapons will have the same speed, damage spread, and damage value.
So it's become more of an aesthetic thing for weapons (except for tanks. They need shields).
For all DPS builds, you'll want to use any heavy weapon you prefer.

For stats, we Warriors focus primarily on two things:
1) Critical Hit Damage. All of our builds provide a conditional 100% critical hit chance to the primary damage dealer, and we get 120 of the stat from rubies. Every 5 CHD stat equals 1% increased Critical Hit Damage, so it isn't an expensive stat to stack.
2) Bloodlust. Since we have such strong Critical Hits, we get a lot of returns from Bloodlust. You only need ~25% as a DPS Warrior.

Physical Damage is actually not recommended for a DPS Warrior because all of your attacks deal Fire Damage. You should go for Elemental Damage instead. Physical Damage is only recommended if you are a tank.
Once you get to 25% Bloodlust, try to focus on any of the Protection stats, Caution, or Concentration.

Saturday, April 9th 2016, 8:47pm

Hi!

For the weapons:
Okay, so the Russian guide just told crap. Good to know and thanks!

For the stats:
I forgot about that Fire Damage thing, thank you for reminding me. However, according to the tooltip, only Blows deal Fire damage. Therefore, Thrusts should theoretically still deal physical damage. In addition, what is about the main offensive stats Proficiency, Determination and Brutality? Is my assumption of distributing stat points equally to them right?

Besides, what kind of build did you have in mind while answering me? If you're talking about your guide (which is pretty interesting by the way), I just want to make clear that my main focus is optimal damage output on astral allods.

Kind regards

Saturday, April 9th 2016, 9:53pm

Hi!

For the weapons:
Okay, so the Russian guide just told crap. Good to know and thanks!

For the stats:
I forgot about that Fire Damage thing, thank you for reminding me. However, according to the tooltip, only Blows deal Fire damage. Therefore, Thrusts should theoretically still deal physical damage. In addition, what is about the main offensive stats Proficiency, Determination and Brutality? Is my assumption of distributing stat points equally to them right?

Besides, what kind of build did you have in mind while answering me? If you're talking about your guide (which is pretty interesting by the way), I just want to make clear that my main focus is optimal damage output on astral allods.

Kind regards

The Flaming Steel rubies cause Rapid Attack to deal fire damage, and it is your primary Combat Advantage spender as a DPS warrior.

Proficiency is better than Determination and Brutality. This comes from the fact that A) Determination and Brutality require heavy investment to match the bonus from Proficiency, and B) Determination and Brutality are conditional damage increases and thus not exactly reliable.

If you try to do a distribution chart for them, it would be:
Proficiency > Determination = Brutality

However, those three stats compete with Critical Hit Damage, Swiftness, Double Strike, and the other Offensive stats we don't really care about. You want to prioritize Critical Hit Damage, then Proficiency, and then the rest, maybe. Certain gear comes with certain stats, so you have to figure out what can get what and work with that.

That would be the guide 5ko55/Boggins put up this morning. It's pretty much exactly what you should expect for a DPS build.

Saturday, April 9th 2016, 9:58pm

@user_1104294, you flatter me. :D

Sunday, April 10th 2016, 3:55pm

Hi again!

Thank you very much so far, your answers are really helpful.

However, I still have some questions that come up while reading:

1)What about Deadly Lunge? Isn't it worth it because it doesn't do critical damage?
2)What about Critical Chance? Don't I need it because of the rubies granting me a sure critical hits?
3)You said that certain gear comes with certain stats. Do you know more about that?
4)If I understood you right, are Proficiency, Critical Damage, Bloodlust and and maybe Concentration the stats I should focus on?

Kind regards

Sunday, April 10th 2016, 4:51pm

Hi again!

1)What about Deadly Lunge? Isn't it worth it because it doesn't do critical damage?
2)What about Critical Chance? Don't I need it because of the rubies granting me a sure critical hits?
3)You said that certain gear comes with certain stats. Do you know more about that?
4)If I understood you right, are Proficiency, Critical Damage, Bloodlust and and maybe Concentration the stats I should focus on?

Kind regards
Hello, I'll take a crack at your questions.

1) There are 3 thrusts and each serves a different purpose.
-Deadly Lounge does the Highest base damage of all, but has a longer cooldown (6s). It does not benefit from the Flaming Steel ruby (100% crit under bloody harvest with Rapid Blow and 50% with vicious spin).
-Treacherous Strike is meant to be used on crowd controlled targets for optimal damage. Some might think that you synergize this thrust with the Giant's Swing rubies and Destructive Attack, but there is a translation error which incorrectly calls the debuff a "stun". If you read it it states that cast times and cooldowns of spells are increased for player targets and NPC targets deal less damage. Technically that is not a stun and TS should not benefit from it.
-Rapid Blow does as much damage as TS without the CC proc which would make it the weakest, but it is the only one that benefits from 100% crit rubies. In my opinion that makes it better than the rest(at least for dps :D).

2) If you are relying on rubies for crit chance then crit chance from gear is obsolete. Go for Crit damage instead. If your crits are guaranteed then just beef them up :D. The Perfect Sharpening rubies increase crit damage by 40 each for a maximum of 120 and I think that gives you roughly 24% crit damage. (I've got 193 crit damage and have 38.6% bonus crit damage. There is a linear dependence in this stat so I can determine the percentage bonus with some simple arithmetic => 193/38.6 = 120/x, where x is the percentage increase. 5 points in CD equate to 1%. :) )

3) I'm not familiar enough with this to say.

4) Among all stats Proficiency is the safest bet, because it does not depend on anything to be effective. Here's my stance on the rest:
- Elemental Damage - In my build the majority of the damage is fire so I'll be taking this instead of Physical.
- Physical Damage - From what I've read, tanks benefit from this.
- Determination - It needs to be accumulated first which could be detrimental if you can't get momentum in combat.
- Brutality - I preferred this in the last patch. It tends to make fights end at 25% enemy health. It's okay for bosses because of their higher health pools.
- Natural/Holy - As far as I know, we don't utilize these.
- Double Attack - Might be viable for quickly stacking Cleft Armor debuffs, but you might need to dump too many points to make it work.
- Fury - Reduces healing. Might be viable for PvP.
- Swiftness - Reduces Cooldowns. This might be very good for bursting.
- Crit Chance - Haha... No. ;)
- Crit Damage - Yes, please.

I personally prefer these stats: Proficiency, Critical damage, Brutality, Elemental/Physical damage

Please just keep in mind that I've tailored my answer according to my own personal play style.

Monday, April 11th 2016, 3:09am

Hi again!

Kind regards
1)It is very worth it. Deadly Lunge is off the swing speed cooldown, which means using it will incur a shorter downtime until you can use your next attack. It will also always land a critical hit, so it gains benefit from Critical Damage, which we should be stacking already.

To clarify some things 5ko55 stated:
- Treacherous Strike gains a 50% damage bonus if any movement impairment or control effect exists on the target, and an additional 30% damage bonus for the same reason if the Easy Prey rubies are taken (or always if in Aspect of Defense). Control effects are any debuff applied that causes a negative effect to the target. This means that Giant Swing does boost Treacherous Strike's damage, and is one of the most reliable sources of extra damage since it will always be applied to the target. Warriors can have up to 5 control effects applied to the targets (Cleft Armor isn't a control effect), meaning we will always have some way of buffing Treacherous Strike.

An Example:

In order, those debuffs are Weakness (from ruby Mighty Blows), Stun (from ruby Giant Swing), Cowardice(from ruby Disgrace), and Slow (from talent Hack).
(The missing debuff is the knockdown from Kick)

The error is whether or not Treacherous Strike/Easy Prey provide a damage bonus for each debuff applied to the target, or if the damage bonus activates if both a movement impairment and a control effect exists on the target. I've seen 600k+ crits with only one stack of Cleft armor and 4 debuffs and with one stack of Cleft armor and two debuffs.
Damage is weird.

2) Since we have conditional 100% Critical Hit Chance rubies for our primary skills and 50% for our AoE skills), the only purpose of getting the Critical Chance stat is to allow Charge, Kick, Shield Slam, and Slaughter a chance to Crit. None of those skills are used for damage though (and Slaughter is just plain horrible) so you don't need to bother with Crit Chance.

3) If you check end game gear, you'll notice a panel under the stat window that states what stats that piece of gear can have.
The window will look like this:

That is for a Shirt. Other gear will have different possible stats.

4) Proficiency is a 10-to-1 increase, meaning every 10 Proficiency will increase your damage/healing by 1%. This is actually lower than getting any of the "______ Damage" stats, which have some strange calculation of ~6 stat for a 1% increase (for damage, for healing it's 10-to-1). Like 5ko55 said, Proficiency is a safe bet because it affects all damage and healing rather than specific types.

For DPS, your offensive stat priority should be:

Elemental Damage = Crit Damage > Proficiency > Brutality > Everything else.
Ignore Determination, Holy Damage, Natural Damage, and Fury. Swiftness is of low priority because it can negatively affect your energy/Combat Advantage management.

Your defensive stat priority should be:
Bloodlust = Concentration > Survivability > All Protections > Everything Else

You shouldn't go any higher than 20% returns with Bloodlust (I said 25% earlier, I take that back). Concentration provides you with an absorption shield that grows the more damage you do, and Survivability improves your absorbs, so it affects Concentration (at least, it should. My Concentration absorb doesn't usually last very long for me to check this). You don't get much returns from the Protection stats, but that's because it is boosting the amount you already have.

Monday, April 11th 2016, 5:04am

@ ser_1104294

whats this (=) means?

Monday, April 11th 2016, 5:37am

@ ser_1104294

whats this (=) means?

Elemental Damage and Crit Damage are equally important.
Bloodlust and Concentration are equally important.

Apologies, I should have clarified this.

Monday, April 11th 2016, 12:56pm

Np ty vm m8
can i know your name in game plz?

Monday, April 11th 2016, 4:54pm

Np ty vm m8
can i know your name in game plz?
Khanjali on the P2P server.
I do have a character on the F2P server, but I don't play there.

Monday, April 11th 2016, 7:20pm

Hi for another time!

Thank you very much again.

But...well could you explain why Deadly Lunge always deals critical damage (didn't find anything mentioning this) and why Slaughter is "plain horrible"? ^^

Kind regards

Monday, April 11th 2016, 7:58pm

Hi for another time!

Thank you very much again.

But...well could you explain why Deadly Lunge always deals critical damage (didn't find anything mentioning this) and why Slaughter is "plain horrible"? ^^

Kind regards
It's in the skill description:

Actually, that's kinda misleading. The Russian translation on the talent calculator is better:

"A vicious Strike that deals X Damage.
Damage will always be critical"

Slaughter has many problems:

1. Slaughter does not count as a Blow nor a Thrust. This means it doesn't get any damage bonuses from rubies that benefit those talent types.
  2. Slaughter does not benefit from any of our conditional 100% Critical Hit Chance rubies, meaning that you would need to get the Critical Hit stat to allow it to Crit. We don't need Critical Hit Chance, so that would be negatively affecting the rest of our talent pool.
  3. Slaughter does not get stronger with each rank, just a shorter cooldown. The cooldown is still 5 minutes at Rank 3, which is simply too long for the rather pitiful damage it deals.
  4. Slaughter locks you and the target in place for it's duration. This is bad because that's at minimum 3 seconds for allies of your target to damage you without any recourse. Also, you can be crowd controlled while using it.
  5. Since Slaughter locks you in place for it's duration, it interrupts your basic rotation. Sure, you can recover energy while using it, but in those 3-7 seconds (depending on Dragon Tear quality) you could deal the same amount of damage Slaughter does over its' full duration in one or two skill usages.

Tuesday, April 12th 2016, 6:46am

Marco

Intermediate

Hey guys i want to know if you are happy with how the weapons in endgame look now and if there is a greater variety/ choice of weapons u can take in endgame since there are direct drops now . 6.0 and ealier it was pretty boring because there was no variety in weapons to choose and the look was mehhhhh.

If possible post pics of your current weapons and maybe armour so i can make myself a imagination thx for your kind posts in advance

Taleron

Tuesday, April 12th 2016, 6:48am

Eddy

Intermediate

Hey guys i want to know if you are happy with how the weapons in endgame look now and if there is a greater variety/ choose of weapons u can take in endgame since there are direct drops now . 6.0 and ealier it was pretty boring because there was no variety in weapons to choose and the look was mehhhhh.

Taleron
Weapons looks like dildo's 8o
Russian p2p / leauge side / Ремпэйдж

Tuesday, April 12th 2016, 6:50am

Marco

Intermediate

Well thats pretty cool ;) a real improvement ;)

They cant look worser than in earlier patches ;)

Thursday, April 14th 2016, 7:25pm

Thank you very very much, now you answered all my questions! ^.^

Rate this thread