You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, March 24th 2014, 9:32pm

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

PLS remove these mercs

do you agree with me?

A total of 73 Votes have been submitted.

86%

keep them in the game (63)

14%

get em out of here (10)

@Developers:

I know nobody will listen, but at least I try...

Before we had the mercs in Allods and you had to write "lfg", meet people and even find a few "friends". It was just all fun and nice.
But with the mercs you dont find anybody to do dungeons with. Its just way faster to pay some gold and rush the dungeon with these op mercs. You dont need to play together, you dont need speacial tactics and I even miss these idiots failing at everything, running into every modgroup (as a mage). It just became so boring; Everybody is just soloing through the game (and yes its a bit more moneyefficiant, but PLEASE i hope you arent that money-grubbing).

Monday, March 24th 2014, 9:37pm

You know what I don't miss?

Waiting hours for a single run.

Not being able to finish World Mysteries, until I massively outlevel dungeons because I can't get groups.

Groups falling apart once you had one, because someone DCed.

The rampant elitism that made it borderline impossible to be a new tank or healer, because you couldn't fill your role, because your gear sucked, but not being able to get gear because you cant get groups.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Monday, March 24th 2014, 9:38pm

Lyrrea

Beginner

@Developers:

I know nobody will listen, but at least I try...

Before we had the mercs in Allods and you had to write "lfg", meet people and even find a few "friends". It was just all fun and nice.
But with the mercs you dont find anybody to do dungeons with. Its just way faster to pay some gold and rush the dungeon with these op mercs. You dont need to play together, you dont need speacial tactics and I even miss these idiots failing at everything, running into every modgroup (as a mage). It just became so boring; Everybody is just soloing through the game (and yes its a bit more moneyefficiant, but PLEASE i hope you arent that money-grubbing).

Mercs aren't as OP as you might think. A lot of Allods are very difficult to complete with Mercs, and they should only be used to fill spots that can't be filled with players. Unfortunately people don't meet a lot of people in game anymore due to everyone being at different stages of progression, and so many people just have set parties who they do everything with.

So yeah, I vote to keep mercs, they're helpful, and in a few months when everyone is at different points through the game, you will need them. ;)

Monday, March 24th 2014, 11:35pm

Not being able to finish World Mysteries, until I massively outlevel dungeons because I can't get groups.

The rampant elitism that made it borderline impossible to be a new tank or healer, because you couldn't fill your role, because your gear sucked, but not being able to get gear because you cant get groups.

This sums up what I wanted to say :)

Monday, March 24th 2014, 11:38pm

Hi

+1 Dhamp.
Mercs saved the game.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Monday, March 24th 2014, 11:41pm

mercs are one of the best thing in this game

i will NEVER miss them!

...no waiting for weird strangers that dont know anything about this game
...no loot-ninjas
...no weak players which wipe my party

and NOT BEEING DEPENDENT ON OTHERS!

Monday, March 24th 2014, 11:44pm

Fischkopp

Intermediate

Wanna play with Mercs? Well....Allods is an MMO,not a Singleplayer Game.
Hinweis: alle von mir geposteten Bilder und Texte unterliegen meinem Copyright. Eine Weiterverarbeitung,Bearbeitung und Weiterverbreitung sind ohne mein ausdrückliches Einverständnis generell untersagt.
Ausnahmen: Hauptberufliche Mitarbeiter von my.com und Mail.ru sowie Communitymanager (aktuell Fayne)

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 7:22am

I want to see you enjoying this MMO whitout being able to finish dungeons or gear up in astral because you can't find enough players to fill a party. I don't know how long you've been playing Allods, or if you played before the mercenaries were introduced, but I don't miss the times when parties would fail just because we can't find a healer.

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 11:08am

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

Problem is not that Merc's are in the game, but that they are the only solution available. If there was a community of player's large enough of the same caliber to support those group's you would barely notice them. Trouble is you are probably finding yourself in a group of 5 with Rowdy talking chit about wanting to be a bard, and it feels ridiculous. It is, and without new player's coming in the old grow stagnant and no one want's to jump in that pool. Allod's used to be an MMO, now it's a prison yard. If you want to make it bring a group, and pack a shiv.

Quoted

Quoted

+1 Dhamp.

Quoted

Mercs prolonged the game.

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 11:14am

Fischkopp

Intermediate

I want to see you enjoying this MMO whitout being able to finish dungeons or gear up in astral because you can't find enough players to fill a party. I don't know how long you've been playing Allods, or if you played before the mercenaries were introduced, but I don't miss the times when parties would fail just because we can't find a healer.
How long im playing? Since CBT! And i rlly miss the times without mercs. I cleared all Instances and all Astral Allods without mercs.
Hinweis: alle von mir geposteten Bilder und Texte unterliegen meinem Copyright. Eine Weiterverarbeitung,Bearbeitung und Weiterverbreitung sind ohne mein ausdrückliches Einverständnis generell untersagt.
Ausnahmen: Hauptberufliche Mitarbeiter von my.com und Mail.ru sowie Communitymanager (aktuell Fayne)

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 11:24am

How long im playing? Since CBT! And i rlly miss the times without mercs. I cleared all Instances and all Astral Allods without mercs.

This is not the days of beta.
The player base is simply too small.

Try playing without mercs, when an Allod takes a tenth of the time to find a group to complete
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 11:30am

Today we spent half an hour trying to find a healer for astral. 5 people, shouting in Wellebell, Yasker's Tower and the Academy. /World shouts were also made. No healer for half an hour. So we went with merc, we buffed her and cleared the island. For most, mercs are last resort, and everyone would have their party rather filled with real people.

For leveling, mercenaries are vital. You would know, had you tried leveling when it was impossible to be carried through instances and mercs were not in the game.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 3:02am

Nois

Beginner

Mercs = worthless

thanks.

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 4:41am

Merc's are amazing for Range DPS just sit back and shoot and watch the mobs die fast
Drakeos - Empire Engineer

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 11:28am

Just a sugestion to help both opinions.

What if they sat a limit on daily mercs like only 5 dungeons with mercs a day? So you could run with mercs, but if you like to do dungeons would you eventually have to get a group of players who want to go too

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 12:36pm

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

+1 from me. I do remember the times where there was no merc & I don't want them to come back.

What if they sat a limit on daily mercs like only 5 dungeons with mercs a day? So you could run with mercs, but if you like to do dungeons would you eventually have to get a group of players who want to go too

There is - it's called astral keys.
And for the dungeons - you can do most of them like 1 time per day (they don't reset faster).

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 1:07pm

ValekLost

Trainee

There is another thing, it must be said, about "take others in party".
In normal "mass maps" where I add also Wellebell, it's easier to take others inside your own party. If something goes wrong, you can dismiss and try other solutions or other people.
But in astral? You're using one of your EIGHT astral Keys, maybe an astral replicator from the boutique, your upgrader for the loots. TIME..and? You take in party a "at first glance" good tank or healer, ...and then you discover that the tank doesn't know how to tank with sense, or...even worse..a healer who goes away very 5 min or who is not a "so-good-healer"...and then your astral blows up.
Same thing with dps with no thumbs able to aggro all the mobs in a 50 yards radius and make everyone die.

I don't blame ppl for choosing mercs.
Withouth mercs it would be far long more difficult, imho.

So it's easier to open a 3d here an say "Hi! I hate mercs. I'm lfg to farm in wellebell or astral. Please sign here if you're interested, in this way we can organize ourselves and create some farming parties"
no?

W/o merc, ppl who don't want others in their parties won't call them anyway...so why remove a comfort? It's enought don't use it.

Thakalek
Arisen Summoner ~ Lv 60
<Pirati Astrali>
From [ITA] server :|

"Oh my GOSH! FROGS! Frogs EVERYWHERE on this SHIP! And they're ALL CHASINGMEAHHHH!" [Me, during every Archdemon event ._.]

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 1:16pm

Janai

Beginner

Your explination this time, please?
Janai - Kanian Great Mage - Astralriders
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Janai" (Apr 10th 2014, 1:22pm)

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 1:30pm

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

Your explination this time, please?

Simple - you are cheating. BAN! :P

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 1:40pm

Janai

Beginner

Simple - you are cheating. BAN! :P
Well clearly it's the warden Bubona that is having the mercs here, If you even touched him, the merc would rape you afterwards or before you had time to kill the warden, and the merc didnt respawn as you killed the owner.
Janai - Kanian Great Mage - Astralriders
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Rate this thread