You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, May 28th 2016, 10:24am

Halfing

Beginner

the armor just gives another extra 800k at high lvl to the pty, nahhhh not gamebreaking.

Mhuldoon, as a CM, don't you have control over implementing items to the game discussing with mail.ru?
You'll see a drop of players from now on again, and this time it's early in patch(which normally happens around sept/oct) :D

Saturday, May 28th 2016, 3:02pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Hey again,

Quoted

Mhuldoon, as a CM, don't you have control over implementing items to the game discussing with mail.ru?
CM's are here as their face and your voice. We have no direct control over item implementation in general, and much less so when it comes to sales. Even if that wasn't the case, the western market isn't calling the shots at the end of the day.

Items can't be removed from one client and left for another as a solution -- if this became standard practice, we'd never 'catch up' and wouldn't even have the same game if we did, leading to more problems.

Quoted

You'll see a drop of players from now on again, and this time it's early in patch(which normally happens around sept/oct) :D
For every person who says something like this, a new player signs up, or a non-poster buys a Monolith. Neither of us will know just how accurate these comments are as it is down to a completely different role to monitor such things -- but I'd wager it's not half as bad as people make it out to be ;)

Regardless, this is all somewhat off-topic so let's swing back on track.

Regards,
Mhul

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (May 28th 2016, 3:14pm)

Saturday, May 28th 2016, 6:20pm

Pochtron

Intermediate

Quoted

For every person who says something like this, a new player signs up, or a non-poster buys a Monolith. Neither of us will know just how accurate these comments are as it is down to a completely different role to monitor such things -- but I'd wager it's not half as bad as people make it out to be ;)

Regardless, this is all somewhat off-topic so let's swing back on track.

Regards,
Mhul

I'm not so sure. The number of new players in the endgame guilds are quite low (or even 0 ?). Only the big whales are there, among some small fishes like me. Given the Allods business model is based on "few players spending loads of cash" vs. "loads of players spending few cash", at some point the big whales will run out of people to fight or to kill. Given the low PVE content/challenge in this patch (if any interest for them in the first place), what's left ?

When they are bored enough killing over & over the same people without much competition, they will just move to another game, selling their account to someone NOT spending as much money as they did. It already happened in the past, it's still happening, and it will just happen more often from now on. When that account runs dry of crystals and goodies to keep up, that player will just move on somewhere else.
If you put in perspective the amount of money needed to get the latest endgame stuff, what it actually brings you vs. the cost of a new console game, a subscription to another online game or just reall life stuff like a week-end for two in a cool place, it's insane to spend money in Allods.

At the end of the day, there won't be enough cash to fuel the server because low player base - for reasons. The small spenders don't spend enough to make the server live, you need a broader playerbase for that. Maybe steam will help with that, but I seriously doubt it given Allods reputation on the western market.

That's my analysis of the situation. Allods has been running in a closed circuit ("new" players that stay for over a year being the ones getting their hands on an existing accounts) for way too long. I can't honesly say I met a single vanilla player making it to endgame without resorting to heavy CS or account buying at some point in the last year or two.

Sure there are a lot of casuals that enjoy the game as it is, without thinking "competition" all the time. But sadly, they have no reason to put money in the game : small amounts of cash won't help them reaching the top, and they prolly don't care for it in the first place. I'm not judging anyone, and a casual player is as good as a big or a small fish in my eyes : they are all part of allods population and make the game what it is.

Trouble is, these players will be the big losers once the whales are gone, coz they will lose a game they truely love because it's an awesome game for itself. It's just a pity the marketing people don't adjust to them when it comes to earn money to keep the server going.

Example ? Change drop rate for this armor. Make it so that EVERYONE can get it for 20-30€ max. Some will pay (heck, many will), some will farm.
But at least all will have a chance to see it. Do the same for other CS items.

Bottom line : make CS available to everyone, for a reasonable price. You'll see more & more people spending a few bucks, and those who really can't STILL have a chance to get their hands on the goodies.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Pochtron" (May 29th 2016, 12:34am)

Saturday, May 28th 2016, 6:46pm

not every (new) player has its top priority to kill veterans in PVP
there is no much more to go for in this game as we all know

and again, this game is NOT an arena-moba! (or whatever they are called)
this games PVP is about accumulating as much advantages as possible so you can crush your enemies with the least effort; even on subscriptionserver its this way, but less than on fre server ofc
many players including me (a non paying one) enjoy this

facing an opponent who has accumulated even more advantages does not ruin the game, it makes it an interesting challenge (btw due to gear not boosting basic stats any longer players never have been this equal than now!)

making this armor 20€ (=2000BC) would be horrible as it would be no longer "special"
the way we have it it only benefits those who play a lot (or pay)

do you remember the circle of equal pvp? it was very boring as everyone was equal and the game felt like these weird arenagames

Saturday, May 28th 2016, 7:43pm

The P2W discussion about the Monolith suit reminds me about another MMO, recently released and made in South Korea...
Well, there is a suit too and there is a big discussion about it being P2W as well. However, the difference between these two suits is hilariously big: the one here gives you a million barrier and a heavy amount of other features while the suit in the other game (which is also blamed to be P2W) just simply hides your character name. Just lol.

Thinking of this comparison, I have the feeling that Allods Online prepared me to accept any "PayToWin" thing in any other MMO as it never can be as bad as the ridiculous P2W here, so thank you very much Allods!

Sunday, May 29th 2016, 12:21am

Quoted

not every (new) player has its top priority to kill veterans in PVP
there is no much more to go for in this game as we all know

this games PVP is about accumulating as much advantages as possible so you can crush your enemies with the least effort; even on subscriptionserver its this way, but less than on fre server ofc
many players including me (a non paying one) enjoy

Well dominion cant be won with full 6s players and realgar is a good thing to get gear also fractal hard mode will be hard as fck for 6s runed people or 7s lets say.By many players u mean avarage 300 people,or even less.
As i said earlier a low tier WoW private server with loads of bugs gets around 2k people on daily basics and a more popular servers get like 10k people in.
Also lets be real monolith armor is op as fck same as old battle mounts( one of the reasons i stoped playing back then).Also its like litteraly insane the amount of cash a new players needs or time to get atleast on semi average level not for pvp but for pve too.
If u want the basics cs items(lets say blue)if they arent on sale the cost atleast 500bc each,not even gonna talk about purple onces or the legs.
I see less and less new peeps in engame and most of them are struggeling to do anything well.Me my self i am non-cash shoper veteran witch game me advanage in that i managed to buy stuff cheaper.But rly atm we are on the edge but like rly rly on the edge.
And when game goes to steam will be even worst coz more people will pretty much see whoever got more cash>everyone,or u need to farm ur ass like hell.I mean yea game is cool good visiuals etc but in some point pve gets borring and pvp is an option they are like people that dont like pvp but i am sure there are more people that pvp and less that dont like pvp.
So i know ur fanboy but sometimes u need to put down ur pink glasses off for a sec and think about it.

Edit: Potato

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gladia" (May 29th 2016, 12:31am) with the following reason: quoting

Sunday, May 29th 2016, 2:50am

And when game goes to steam

Never I told this at old post some mod said it will we are waiting 7.0 . That day I remain silent because I knew that they did not agreed with steam. After the armor I pretty much quit game fully. Looking some other games that i used to play and new ones that comes in this year. I dont know how long allods will survive I know the fact that there is really hardcore fans(I mean heavy cs users). The right answer is time will show. Maybe after shutting allods we play private server.
poot poot poot poot poot... POOTIE!! YOU'VE BEEN POOTED!!!

Sunday, May 29th 2016, 4:43am

Kissaki

Trainee

The prices for the top items in Allods are very high. We're talking like Snoop Dogg high.

I've seen quite a lot of this kinda thread over the years and I've commented much the same thing - the company could make the same amount of money selling an item costing 30 euros to 1000 people as it can selling an item costing 300 euros to 100 people.

People aren't upset that this new item exists, they're upset because they want to own it but they can't justify spending a few hundred euros for an in-game item. And it isn't just this item but every item that comes along. Having OP cashshop in Allods isn't about owning 1 thing. By itself no cashshop item is game-breaking, but when you add them all together the difference between those who pay and those who do not is overwhelming.

I can take AOPlayer's point that keeping these things expensive makes them special, but from my perspective it isn't a good thing.

I would rather see every noob in game have this item and all items; bought for a fair price. The average player would be able to do much more with the game content. The standard of guilds and raids and pvp would rise and a lot of people would probably enjoy the game more.

If the customer is always right then I think the majority of Allods customers would agree that the prices are too high (feel free to organize a forum poll on this). But I think that this is something that has been talked about for many years now and it's been consistently the game's biggest issue.

We're often told that feedback from players is being passed along to the company in charge of our version. Would it be possible then to publish what feedback regarding cashshop item costs actually HAS been passed along and what response has been given (gist would be fine)? If that isn't possible, then would it be possible for CMs to draft a new public letter via forums to whoever sets the rates, with a few questions in it to be agreed upon by forum users, with the reply to be shown publicly also?

Something like this would be a nice step in community/management communication... whatever fancy shmansy name you wanna call it. it'd just be nice to get some answers around here....

Sunday, May 29th 2016, 10:15am

i think i'll buy this game from my.com when the population on the f2p server will be as pop in p2p server.

Sunday, May 29th 2016, 9:51pm

Katerina

Trainee

@Pochtron and Kissaki : I couldn't agree more!

The content is already very poor, the gameplay was so simplified and the CS is endless. I wanted to give it a try with the arrival of 7.0, but.... No, just no. It's sad, because it was really a great game before 5.0.

Monday, May 30th 2016, 9:08am

azalin71

Trainee

@Pochtron and Kissaki : I couldn't agree more!
I agree too.
Araanahn - Kanian Crusader - Warsong guild

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 3:22am

many players including me (a non paying one) enjoy this
If you have 8+ runes (which there are hardly any more players that got it using their gold only) or have used cash shop more than once I don't think you can be considered a non paying player, which I'm only assuming you have some 8+ runes and you have in fact used cash shop multiple times.
facing an opponent who has accumulated even more advantages does not ruin the game, it makes it an interesting challenge (btw due to gear not boosting basic stats any longer players never have been this equal than now!)
There is nothing interesting or challenging in this when as a F2P player you get 1-3 shotted in pvp. Well the only challenging thing is running away if you can....But wait they have mounts that will catch you in seconds lol.
do you remember the circle of equal pvp? it was very boring as everyone was equal and the game felt like these weird arenagames
Ehhh but when games are equal they make you think, rather than press random buttons. Which is honestly why I think when high level runed players go up against each other it's fun for them....ofc the enjoy killing low runed players too, which must be fun for them xD......Additionally do you remember the circle of equal pvp like WoW or GW2? (I know some classes are unbalanced, but gearing wise and dmg wise everyone can work in game to be just as good)

Which makes me think, how's are the P2P servers enjoying pvp :O?

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 9:37am

freestile

Professional

Which makes me think, how's are the P2P servers enjoying pvp :O?

that's one of the reason i'll never go to the p2p server...

i have pretty much the same pov as AOP on this subject, ofc i also like having some equal fights sometimes because it's another kind of pleasure but i can't imagine an mmo without (very) unequal pvp. Why so? well for the simple reason that you can find if you anwser this question : why do you play if it's not to get your char stronger and stronger? Well ok there are quite a lot of things to do ig that doesn't require a strong char (goblinball, exploring the maps...) and i love doing those activities; but i think that most of the players would agree with the fact that, in general, the 1st goal in an mmo is to increase the strengh of our char(s).
So then, why to spend hours/days gearing/cs'ing to get a strong char if it's to fight chars that are equaly strong what negate completely the goal you wanted to reach... because you never want to become strong to become strong (do you?), you want to become strong to be strongER than the others :rolleyes:

And that's certainly the n1 reason why i don't like to gear up my chars. In previous posts i've said that i think it's time/gold consuming what is true, but i wouldn't mind all this if gearing was worth the effort (= getting stronger than the others). But the thing is that as everybody gear up, it ends up with a game in which everyone has (pretty much) the same strenght so no point having this goal...
That's why i preffer to farm gold to increase the long run strenght of my chars whith cs items... . But as farming is much less profitable as is was a few years ago, i feel like i'm making lots of efforts to get almost nothing in the end, while veterants who started the game before me and farmed at that time, made easily (that's what people say...) runes 10+ and a good cs base. THAT is the REAL injustice of this game imo :S

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 10:16am

The P2W discussion about the Monolith suit reminds me about another MMO, recently released and made in South Korea...
Well, there is a suit too and there is a big discussion about it being P2W as well. However, the difference between these two suits is hilariously big: the one here gives you a million barrier and a heavy amount of other features while the suit in the other game (which is also blamed to be P2W) just simply hides your character name. Just lol.

Thinking of this comparison, I have the feeling that Allods Online prepared me to accept any "PayToWin" thing in any other MMO as it never can be as bad as the ridiculous P2W here, so thank you very much Allods!

Hahaha, I know what you are talking about. The whole Pay2Win discussion about that game is based on just 2 cash shop items: the one that you mentioned, which hides your name, and another one which increases the gold loot by 10%. And people are getting crazy about just these 2 items (which in my opinion can't be called pay2win lol). They should hear some stuff about allods xD, how cash shop can increase your damage by 130%, 50% more from patronage, armours that are equal to almost 50% of your HP and absorb 50% of the incoming damage, and how they heal you, a huge amount of talents and rubies which can be acquired just by CS , mounts which cost up to 200 freaking euros. It gets even sillier with every second you think about it

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 8:23pm

If you have 8+ runes (which there are hardly any more players that got it using their gold only) or have used cash shop more than once I don't think you can be considered a non paying player, which I'm only assuming you have some 8+ runes and you have in fact used cash shop multiple times.
well, some pay with $ and some pay with their time
but as i only spend time i am not a paying player in case of $
but thats the great thing in allods, everything is available for everyone, $ does only make things happen faster
your effort is the only limit

There is nothing interesting or challenging in this when as a F2P player you get 1-3 shotted in pvp. Well the only challenging thing is running away if you can....But wait they have mounts that will catch you in seconds lol.
superior enemies are interesting (you can improve yourself here)
weak ones are fun (humiliation is a big thing for me)
equal ones are boring (battle takes endless and 1 time A win 1 time B wins)

Which is honestly why I think when high level runed players go up against each other it's fun for them.
for some, but not for all
players have different preferences

Saturday, June 4th 2016, 11:54am

Katerina

Trainee

Hello,

Quoted

ell, some pay with $ and some pay with their time
but as i only spend time i am not a paying player in case of $
but thats the great thing in allods, everything is available for everyone, $ does only make things happen faster
your effort is the only limit

I don't want to be rude, but you must be a no-life if you farm every day in order to get all cs items. I don't see where is the "beauty" of the game there. I know some people who spend all their free time in the game, and trust me, they are only game-addict who are desperate. Think well about what you are saying : It's completely insane.

Quoted

superior enemies are interesting (you can improve yourself here)
weak ones are fun (humiliation is a big thing for me)
equal ones are boring (battle takes endless and 1 time A win 1 time B wins)

There it is. I don't see any interest in PVP when you're destroying weaker foes with less CS. You can have fun and challenge if you fight against superior ennemies, yes. But if you don't like equal fights, you're not a PVP player. Balanced fights are most interesting than short fights where you win if you proc something or if you have an extremely easy class to play.

Saturday, June 4th 2016, 6:49pm

every (excessive) hobby can be called "nolifing", but actually doing something which is pleasent is the best way of living in the end!

i doubt someone would play (farm) here if he would not enjoy it

i like that spending more (time or money or both) than others gives me an advantage, it makes your efforts/ progress worth something

in stateless games like counterstrike those who are natural talents will dominate veterans in a few weeks

assuming you are one of these natural talents this also means you have achieved everything this fast

from then only thing is left doing the same thing again without any further improvement, thus getting boring fast
i often thought about what my allods experience would become if i theoretically would go full CS through $
aside from all thoughts that virtual goods are not worth real $ for me, i think the game would feel done for me; what would be left?
gearing a bit, BG, end (drastically said)
but having to trade, farm etc is fun, its like the path is the goal

as a free player i always have something where i can get better and improve my char

i know not all enjoy the same things, just want to elaborate why i enjoy this game the way it is

Saturday, June 4th 2016, 7:44pm

AOP, tell me, when did you start to farm for CS items? Like, when you reached the level cap and all you had to do was to make gold to acquire CS items?

Saturday, June 4th 2016, 8:05pm

Katerina

Trainee

Quoted

every (excessive) hobby can be called "nolifing", but actually doing something which is pleasent is the best way of living in the end!

i doubt someone would play (farm) here if he would not enjoy it

There is a difference between endless farming and hobbies. Farming is not a hobby, except for no-lifes that spend all their time in the game. Oh, and I know a lot of people that are farming every day, but trust me, they aren't happy. They do this because they don't want to have lesser cs, and they prefer to live in a game rather than real life.

It's shocking to think that you can have fun if you farm 8 hours every day. It's just non-sense and nearly sadomasochism! That's why, I tell you again : Think well about what you are saying.

Quoted

from then only thing is left doing the same thing again without any further improvement, thus getting boring fast
i often thought about what my allods experience would become if i theoretically would go full CS through $
aside from all thoughts that virtual goods are not worth real $ for me, i think the game would feel done for me; what would be left?
gearing a bit, BG, end (drastically said)
but having to trade, farm etc is fun, its like the path is the goal

The problem is that you can't talk about improvement if it's only about getting CS items. Improvement is about skill, not farming. I understand what you are saying, and I like to achieve something too. But the farming challenge is only secondary. If you want to achieve a real challenge, you must become a good player in PVP. Everyone can farm (well, less than no-life people) but very few players are good in PVP from what I've seen in Allods' story. And trust me, they aren't any minc, warsongs, ascendancy or whatever, that match the skills of some players that played in the game several years before. But well, this is an other story.

Saturday, June 4th 2016, 8:51pm

AOP, tell me, when did you start to farm for CS items? Like, when you reached the level cap and all you had to do was to make gold to acquire CS items?

i started farming once i hit level 51 and got cradle gear (as max then)
once i satisfied my strongest farming-fantasies (golems in frontier were top at this time!!) i began with making reincarnations which was incredibly hard back then, not at least because i played warrior which was (one of?) the weakest classes at this time

when i unlocked reinc. i already had blue runes in offense, a lootpet and a horse mount
wow, from now on the game was like a breeze, i leveled one reinct to another and when i had no more fun with leveling i logged back to my 51 and did farming
i had fun finding out the specs for most effective farming

while my path gave me a base for later, those which spent their time on gearing "lost" a lot, i am happy i did things as i did
ohh and what was it great, when later carnifex came... farming & healing from killing mobs 8o

@Katerina

while you think of farming like a boring thing it can be fun too
i enjoy watching videos & series meanwhile for example very often, but not always as i really enjoy a good farmingsession
but unlike in regular hack & slaygames, here i even come closer to the next runelevel... 8o

when you tell me some players do this feeling forced to do it its weird, because this is just a game and a game should be fun
if a game becomes an unwanted fulltime-job i would screw it (but again, why on earth would i do something i dont enjoy in a GAME!? beating randoms in battlegrounds isnt this important is it?!)
if getting stronger is no fun to me i dont do it, simple as that (thats btw one more reason why i did not gear at the start, it was not fun to me)

improvement is getting something better
you can improve your skill and you can improve your items
the master has both at max

the "farmingchallenge" as you call it (i like this expression!) also requires some skill as you should find out the most effective way