You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 12:33pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

• "Mhuldoon" started this thread

Allods Online: Live On Steam!

Dear Sarnaut,

We're extremely happy to announce that Allods Online has been fully integrated into Steam!

After the successful launch of the latest expansion – 7.0: New Order – which is currently enjoying its first of many seasons of content, the timing couldn't be better. With plenty of time to spare before the next season begins, players can now access Allods Online via Steam and explore all the benefits it provides.

Thanks to you and your positive votes during the Steam Greenlight procedure, the doorway is now open for Steam Achievements, as well as more methods for you to communicate with your friends, both in-game and out. Allods will also avail of the additional platforms for communication and creativity, such as extra discussion boards and a fresh new home for your fan-art, videos, and all of your creative endeavours, making them easier for you to catalogue, share and showcase.

The Steam version of Allods Online will also remain in-line with the official version available via our Gamecenter, ensuring you never fall behind. Steam & Non-Steam players will play together on New Frontier & Smuggler's Paradise servers.

We'd like to express our deepest gratitude to any and all players & community members who voted during the Steam Greenlight procedure, as this wouldn't have been possible without your support. We sincerely hope you enjoy Allods on Steam and wish you all the best of luck in your upcoming adventures across Sarnaut.

-The Allods Team

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (Jun 3rd 2016, 5:44pm)

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 12:44pm

Is this exactly like the RU version? As in being a copy-paste of the F2P server with brand new accounts?
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 12:56pm

Does that mean that we will be able to play interserver skirmishes with the russians, like they already do?

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 1:15pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Quoted

Is this exactly like the RU version? As in being a copy-paste of the F2P server with brand new accounts?
Hey Hiren,

First of all, the servers will not be copied - they are the actual servers (New Frontier & Smugglers Paradise, meaning Steam & Non-Steam play together). As for account-linking, we did everything we could to encourage account linking for EU (and made it clear we'd be pushing for it when Steam was initially announced) - but in the end, it was impossible due to the source. This means that yes, existing accounts can't be linked, though you can still avail of almost all of the features even while playing via the standard client. For example, veterans can add Allods (normal client) as a non-steam game, so players can still see when you're playing it and chat via steam-chat. This also makes the steam-overlay visible so you can hop over to the community HUB whenever you please.

None of this would have happened without your votes (thank you, voters - and anyone who gives SteamAO their attention!)

Regards,
Mhul

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (Jun 3rd 2016, 5:46pm)

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 3:11pm

Just wondering if a sub-server version will ever be available on Steam?

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 4:20pm

Hello,

Just wondering if a sub-server version will ever be available on Steam?

You can access both servers of Allods Online with Steam (New Frontier and Smugglers Paradise):
First of all, the servers will not be copied - they are the actual servers.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 4:38pm

IAmGroot

Professional

As for account-linking, we did everything we could to encourage account linking for EU (and made it clear we'd be pushing for it when Steam was initially announced) - but in the end, it was impossible due to the source. This means that yes, existing accounts can't be linked, though you can still avail of almost all of the features even while playing via the standard client.

Damn......well that was my LAST hope for Allods.

Farewell game I thought I'd never leave. :(

I appreciate the last 5 years of time I've had here and I can't thank being a part of this community enough. Especially leading me to the discovery of my real life wife. :)

Good luck everyone and goodbye.

Nevermind, read the above incorrectly.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "IAmGroot" (Jun 3rd 2016, 5:38pm)

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 4:57pm

Hello,

As I never played through Steam, I don't understand how not being able to link your account is so frustrating. That's a genuine question, not a troll or something.

From what I understand, players from my.com Gamecenter and players from Steam will be able to play together on New Frontier and Smugglers Paradise, some of them will enter the game with Steam, other (older players) with their my.com account.
Allods Online Discord
----

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 5:01pm

sounds complicated somehow O.o but do i get it right this while thingi didnt change anything right? we keep our server and there wont be a new server and we only got a steam sticker on it so ppl may find the game easier while looking for even more ueless games in their steam collecttion?^^

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 5:13pm

Any reason why allods on steam only counts the play time of the my.com launcher? ( when you enter the game it stops counting)

and if you add the non steam version it adds play time to the allods online RU steam version.

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 5:27pm

sounds complicated somehow O.o but do i get it right this while thingi didnt change anything right? we keep our server and there wont be a new server and we only got a steam sticker on it so ppl may find the game easier while looking for even more ueless games in their steam collecttion?^^

seems like it, only change for us is there will come more players to our game :P

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 5:28pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Hello,

As I never played through Steam, I don't understand how not being able to link your account is so frustrating. That's a genuine question, not a troll or something.

From what I understand, players from my.com Gamecenter and players from Steam will be able to play together on New Frontier and Smugglers Paradise, some of them will enter the game with Steam, other (older players) with their my.com account.

Perhaps I am reading this wrong?

There are now 2 servers.
A My.com server and a Steam server.
People that play on My.com cannot have their character's transferred over to the Steam server and therefore have lost all their progress for the last 0-6.5 years of playtime.

However, everyone is going to want to play on Steam, because Steam is THE game engine, so the My.com server will just continue declining in population and then die.

Correct me if I read this wrong.

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 5:34pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Hello again,

The servers you play on via steam are the ones you play on via regular non-steam client. By 'servers', we mean New Frontier & Smugglers Paradise. Steam & Non-Steam members play on these servers, together. There is no complexity to it // there are no new/different/copied/mystery servers.

Playing via Steam means (easier) access to the features steam provides, although playing via steam isn't mandatory to acquire them - it just helps. The only feature that springs to mind where this wouldn't be the case is steam-achievements, though we don't have those at present. Even if this change doesn't directly effect you eg. veterans who can't link accounts, it is still additional advertising and a platform for more discussions, art & videos, the chat/overlay if you like to keep in touch with people outside of the game/steam friends, and more new players -- whether you decide to use steam or not, so overall (despite the setback), it is still a good change that we hope players will enjoy and make use of :)

Regards,
Mhul

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (Jun 3rd 2016, 5:42pm)

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 5:37pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Oh, well I definitely read that wrong.
I suppose the wording was strange...when it said linking of accounts...I'm assumed there was 2 new servers (1 f2p and 1 p2p on steam).

Glad I was wrong! :)

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 5:38pm

Hello

@Groot : No, New Frontier and Smugglers Paradise are both accessible through my.com Game Center, and Steam Game center.
Everyone can play together on our good old servers.

As Muldhoon said:

Quoted

Old players will have to use the my.com game center and their my.com account
New players can download Allods from Steam Game Center, and play Allods Online with old players.

I just added Allods client manually to Steam (I chose AOGame.exe in my bin folder) and launched Allods from Steam, it seems to work. I'm testing now, I'll try to get more information tonight, or maybe more experienced players with Steam will be able to explain how everything works now that Allods has been added to Steam.

Edit : Muldhoon posted faster than me :D.
Allods Online Discord
----

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Jun 3rd 2016, 5:50pm)

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 5:46pm

Hello

@Groot : No, New Frontier and Smugglers Paradise are both accessible through my.com Game Center, and Steam Game center.
Everyone can play together on our good old servers.

As Muldhoon said:

Quoted

Old players will have to use the my.com game center and their my.com account
New players can download Allods from Steam Game Center, and play Allods Online with old players.

I just added Allods client manually to Steam (I chose AOGame.exe in my bin folder) and launched Allods from Steam, it seems to work. I'm testing now, I'll try to get more information tonight, or maybe more experienced players with Steam will be able to explain how everything works now that Allods has been added to Steam.

the non steam version works perfectly, my friends see me as "non-steam game allods online" and overlay works :thumbup:

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 5:47pm

Perhaps I am reading this wrong?

There are now 2 servers.
A My.com server and a Steam server.
People that play on My.com cannot have their character's transferred over to the Steam server and therefore have lost all their progress for the last 0-6.5 years of playtime.

However, everyone is going to want to play on Steam, because Steam is THE game engine, so the My.com server will just continue declining in population and then die.

Correct me if I read this wrong.

You're wrong in a sense that you expect too much from Steam. Many players didn't join the P2P server because they've already invested a significant amount of their time and money on the F2P server - even less players are likely to do it for a Steam server where you have to pay for your boutique items all over again.

Being on Steam for a while now, I'd have no idea of how to look for Allods Online if I wasn't specifically looking for it - as it's not on the featured site, popular games or even new releases. That being said I'd be happy if it worked out well, I just don't see how.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 5:56pm

First I would like to congratulate the team for making this possible.

As the Mhuldoon said "we have additional advertising and a platform for more discussions, art & videos, the chat / overlay if you like to keep in touch with people outside of the game / steam friends, and more new players" - this is very good.

However, In my opinion, the joint has the positive side and the frustrating side that I see the negative.

As you said, the positive side is that It will Attract more players and we can play together on the same server - this is very good.

The frustrating thing is that we can not appreciate the prices of Steam that are more attractive (at least in our currency) and the form of payments to us, are more affordable.

To have a base, the collector's package is on sale on Steam and the Steam price is 50% lower than the price paid by buying directly from the site of my.com (price based on our currency - Brazil).

But if we can not tie our my.com account with Steam account, we can not appreciate the prices and payment methods - That's really discouraging.

We expected that this option was available.

I hope we have new players, but I am really disappointed with this second part.

It was a great achievement to be part of Steam and can not let this achievement be incomplete — That's my opinion on the case.

Thank you

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 5:58pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Quoted

the non steam version works perfectly, my friends see me as "non-steam game allods online" and overlay works :thumbup:
Good stuff, Hiren :)

As for the rest, I've updated the news, thread and my previous replies for clarity, so there should be no more confusion. Even if you choose not to play via steam due to the account-link drawback, you can still make use of the features. We'll be spending time gradually building a home-away-from-home on steam, so don't hesitate to add any art/videos & reviews along the way!

Regards,
Mhul

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 5:58pm

IAmGroot

Professional

You're wrong in a sense that you expect too much from Steam. Many players didn't join the P2P server because they've already invested a significant amount of their time and money on the F2P server - even less players are likely to do it for a Steam server where you have to pay for your boutique items all over again.

Being on Steam for a while now, I'd have no idea of how to look for Allods Online if I wasn't specifically looking for it - as it's not on the featured site, popular games or even new releases. That being said I'd be happy if it worked out well, I just don't see how.
I think ... you're seeing this wrong. (This is what I originally thought, however, I have recently been told differently...unless they're wrong.)

If you have a character(s) you do not have to do anything differently, it's already on the steam server as there are not 2 servers.
So, you don't have to rebuy any of the CS items you have already acquired.
Nor do you have to restart in any way...

(Again, this is what I have just been reassured by Mhuldoon/Gladia's explanations [unless I misinterpreted them...AGAIN].)

Rate this thread