You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 6th 2016, 7:22am

My friend and I might try the game, any suggestions?

Hey there!
My friend and I have been thinking about grabbing an MMO to play together, and stumbled across Allods, and I remember trying it years ago, but I feel like that isn't a good enough impression to base anything on.

So I have a couple of questions!
- I love being a support/healer, and he tends to go towards pet based classes, what would you guys suggest for us?
- What server is the safer bet? So far we're leaning towards the subscription server, as we generally prefer sub based games.
- What faction is the most fun/most populated?

Thanks everyone!

Monday, June 6th 2016, 7:45am

Hello,

there are many 'support' classes in Allods, and most classes have a support aspect,
however 'support' does not always mean they can be good offhealers, it can be related to cc or buffs etc.

What you have described seems to fit the druid class. Druids have pets, can be dps, offheal and full healers.
Summoners also have pets and are very good dps and offheals, and are very strong.
I haven't seen many summoners going full heal, but i think that is possible too.

F2P server is the most populated one as it's the original server.
However you might enjoy the P2P server more if you are new players and don't want to compete
against all the strong veteran players.

Overall
a) i think Druid fits,
b) you can try both at the same time if you are in the mood, and stop playing on f2p if p2p is your server of choice:)

Monday, June 6th 2016, 8:05am

Hello,

there are many 'support' classes in Allods, and most classes have a support aspect,
however 'support' does not always mean they can be good offhealers, it can be related to cc or buffs etc.

What you have described seems to fit the druid class. Druids have pets, can be dps, offheal and full healers.
Summoners also have pets and are very good dps and offheals, and are very strong.
I haven't seen many summoners going full heal, but i think that is possible too.

F2P server is the most populated one as it's the original server.
However you might enjoy the P2P server more if you are new players and don't want to compete
against all the strong veteran players.

Overall
a) i think Druid fits,
b) you can try both at the same time if you are in the mood, and stop playing on f2p if p2p is your server of choice:)

Thank you so much for the reply!
I've been reading about classes etc, how would you say Bards are? They seem rather fun, but Summoner and Druid looks fun as well! It's a very tough decision!

Yeah I can see how the f2p server is the most populated one, but to me the sub server seems most fair, so I'll force him to go for that one with me hehe!

Monday, June 6th 2016, 10:44am

Bards can be either a pure dps or a support-dps that gives party buffs for pvp/pve, not as much direct healing though.

Monday, June 6th 2016, 12:32pm

Bards can be either a pure dps or a support-dps that gives party buffs for pvp/pve, not as much direct healing though.

Alright, cool. If I enjoy the game enough I might just level up several characters eventually anyway. Just to test the waters a bit I made a Summoner, and so far it's a very fun class. Waiting for my friend to get his lazy ass online now :)

Monday, June 6th 2016, 12:34pm

Eddy

Intermediate

Dont worry about classes that much, u can change class anyway :D
Russian p2p / leauge side / Ремпэйдж

Monday, June 6th 2016, 12:59pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Hey Eruge,

Welcome to the community (and your partner in crime, of course). Subscription would definitely be a more relaxing and fair experience. You'll level up faster, improve quality of life from quests, raids, dungeons etc (not the store), and find that all players are on equal ground.

Be sure to visit the P2P (Smuggler's Paradise) forum and keep an eye out for groups, friends and guilds to join!

Summoner is a great choice, very comfortable class to play/level with and solid in the end-game. They can go full-healing if you ever fancy that. Have fun with it!

Regards,
Mhul

Monday, June 6th 2016, 1:21pm

Hey Eruge,

Welcome to the community (and your partner in crime, of course). Subscription would definitely be a more relaxing and fair experience. You'll level up faster, improve quality of life from quests, raids, dungeons etc (not the store), and find that all players are on equal ground.

Be sure to visit the P2P (Smuggler's Paradise) forum and keep an eye out for groups, friends and guilds to join!

Summoner is a great choice, very comfortable class to play/level with and solid in the end-game. They can go full-healing if you ever fancy that. Have fun with it!

Regards,
Mhul
Thank you very much!
I'll make sure to check out the subforum for Smuggler's Paradise!

Monday, June 6th 2016, 2:50pm

rozetri

Intermediate

The only trouble you're going to run into is the P2P server is VERY unpopulated. Total active player count might be under a hundred. Gameplay-wise, though, it is the superior server, especially for someone new to the game starting without any CS items. Accumulating CS items on the F2P server to get up to a competent level is exceptionally expensive, in either time or money.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Monday, June 6th 2016, 3:09pm

I don't mind a low population at all. There's always the potential of it increasing at some point.
thanks for the input though, I really appreciate it! :D