You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 22nd 2016, 11:38pm

gear-differences bring a far greater unbalance than goods from itemshop and since gearing up is very fast&not so hard now its easier for a rookie to do good in pvp

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 12:30pm

Quinz

Intermediate

gear-differences bring a far greater unbalance than goods from itemshop and since gearing up is very fast¬ so hard now its easier for a rookie to do good in pvp

No matter what game you play, veterans will obviously have an advantage in gear. That's absolutely normal and new players will of course have to work for getting there. That's what an MMORPG game is about.

However, when new players just hit max level and they start getting their gear and start getting into PvP etc., they will eventually start to realize what an advantage players with lots of cash shop items have. They will probably also get quite confused and overwhelmed by all the different items that you can buy from the cash shop, as there are a lot of them. I'm an old Allods veteran player and just after being away for about 2 years I'm already totally confused and overwhelmed by all the stuff you can get from the cash shop and RNG boxes.

They have simply, and are still, adding too much stuff to the cash shop. It's not fun, it's not fair, and it's certainly not cheap.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 6:05pm

well but thats also cuz ppl demand new stuff^^ for example pretty much all of the active raid players are finished with their gear since a while which leaves you with only dominion at sunday 2 hours, maybe 1 hour raid dominion wednessday and maybe once a week fractal raid for 45-60 min... rest of the week you have nothing useful to do.. i mean you dont need amalgam or gold anymore..exept if there are new cs items where you need gold again i even know some ppl who are happy everytime when a new items gets into the store^^

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 8:28pm

Quinz

Intermediate

well but thats also cuz ppl demand new stuff^^ for example pretty much all of the active raid players are finished with their gear since a while which leaves you with only dominion at sunday 2 hours, maybe 1 hour raid dominion wednessday and maybe once a week fractal raid for 45-60 min... rest of the week you have nothing useful to do.. i mean you dont need amalgam or gold anymore..exept if there are new cs items where you need gold again i even know some ppl who are happy everytime when a new items gets into the store^^

That has nothing to do with the item shop. We all want new content to be added to the game, what we don't want is more cash shop items that makes your character stronger.

Also I'd say that there are lots of things to do when you have gathered all the top gear. Then you can start to dominate in PvP. You will also contribute to more damage/healing in the raids and dominion, which makes you more valuable. You can also spend time on gearing your ship. You could also hunt for treasures like costumes and mounts, as well as spend more time on farming gold.

There are endless things to do even after you have fully geared up.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 8:36pm

no i rrly mean many WANT a new cash shop item^^ they eagerly await them^^

and ofc with full gear you can do some things but on another hand most seems less useful^^

i mean more useful in raids... yeah but pve content in allods is already freeloot and with maxgear you can finish raids with 6 ppl if you want :D and to pvp ofc its intresting to some degree but usually battlegrounds are not rrly balanced^^ either you only fight against lowies or in enemy team are a more max geared so they win its rare to see a balanced fight

also ship seems super useless so not many equip it (even tho i personally always liked shippvp and stuff)

as for hunting treasure like costumes well i think gear doesnt matter there^^

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 11:37pm

i am one of these who are happy to see new items in shop, its my pleasure to make enough gold to get them and then finally improve my characters with it
you cant imagine what a feeling it was for me when they FINALLY released the lightning & the monolith... i farmed traded and saved up a LOT unitl i had enough BC to be sure i will get it... this satisfaction is hard to describe with words... the feeling might differ when you just buy with $, i dont know, but thats not my beer anyway
some players' goal is to slay certain raidbosses, some want to dominate in pvp and some want to collect items
beside having fun and enjoying the game in general, my main goal is to make nearly as much gold as possible and collect all the nice little things that make the game feel even more comfortable to me

complexity of the game and the rich, various improvements available have nothing to do with cash either, they would be complex and timecomsuming to understand in a whole even if they were handed out for free to everyone

please keep in mind that if these items would not be sold via a cashshop they would be sold via an economy OUTSIDE the game which would result to the same situation we have with just the money not going to allods but a 3rd party
and the majority of ppl seem to like this large amount of available improvement-options, me too
i think its one of the mainreasons why i like this game so much: beeing a farmer gives me a large advantage in the game in total

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jul 23rd 2016, 11:45pm)

Sunday, July 24th 2016, 12:40am

Pochtron

Intermediate

Sorry to rain on your parade.

Many players are quitting, or bored to say the least, with all the new additions to CS items.
And raids, only a handful of gulds on each side finish them in hard mode.

All in all, always the same (few) players, in the same (3 or 4) guilds, who can do the endgame content when it's released.
Like we said many times before : the gap for a new player to catch up with older players ranged from the Grand Canyon to a Mission to Mars.
It's ok and natural for a new player to have to catch up with other ones on the server - it's a progressive game after all.
The difference is convicing new players they can achieve this goal, hence the analogy above. It's just another level of scale to jump the Canyon vs. going to Mars.

I would encourage all new players who like Allods to try it on F2P so see if that game fits their mood, then move on to P2P for any competitive action.

The game is definitely worth the dive for a new player on any of the servers depending on your objectives.

If you wanna be top dawg awesome PVP monster, make your way to the top with your skills and go P2P.
If you wanna enjoy the lore and see the beauty of the game at no cost go F2P - or be prepared to spend lots of cash (several thousands) or time (several years) to compete.

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Pochtron" (Jul 24th 2016, 12:59am)

Sunday, July 24th 2016, 8:59am

Quinz

Intermediate

Sorry to rain on your parade.

Many players are quitting, or bored to say the least, with all the new additions to CS items.
And raids, only a handful of gulds on each side finish them in hard mode.

All in all, always the same (few) players, in the same (3 or 4) guilds, who can do the endgame content when it's released.
Like we said many times before : the gap for a new player to catch up with older players ranged from the Grand Canyon to a Mission to Mars.
It's ok and natural for a new player to have to catch up with other ones on the server - it's a progressive game after all.
The difference is convicing new players they can achieve this goal, hence the analogy above. It's just another level of scale to jump the Canyon vs. going to Mars.

I would encourage all new players who like Allods to try it on F2P so see if that game fits their mood, then move on to P2P for any competitive action.

The game is definitely worth the dive for a new player on any of the servers depending on your objectives.

If you wanna be top dawg awesome PVP monster, make your way to the top with your skills and go P2P.
If you wanna enjoy the lore and see the beauty of the game at no cost go F2P - or be prepared to spend lots of cash (several thousands) or time (several years) to compete.

Exactly what I'm trying to say. +1
-Dale Carnegie

-Bernard M. Baruch

Sunday, July 24th 2016, 10:44am

I quit it a few weeks ago, I think after the release of the monolith armour. AOP, not everyone is good at trading and farming gold with the AH. 99% of the truly free to play players farm gold with the daily quests, BGs, GB, Astral, which takes a lot of time (more than 2-3 hours is a lot of time to spend farming in a game for me :P) and generate a low-decent amount of gold - I was one of the 99%. This way , with the gold to crystals ratio, it will take 10-15 years to get to the top and have all the CS items and lvl 10 or higher runes...You are one of the happy 1% truly free to play players who knows how to get a lot of money out of the AH, this is why you act so blind and say that this is not a P2W game or idk, blah blah. The game is shit now and I feel sorry for it, but me and a shit tone of other players will never come back if they will keep it that way.

Sunday, July 24th 2016, 11:14am

freestile

Professional

I quit it a few weeks ago, I think after the release of the monolith armour. AOP, not everyone is good at trading and farming gold with the AH. 99% of the truly free to play players farm gold with the daily quests, BGs, GB, Astral, which takes a lot of time (more than 2-3 hours is a lot of time to spend farming in a game for me :P) and generate a low-decent amount of gold - I was one of the 99%. This way , with the gold to crystals ratio, it will take 10-15 years to get to the top and have all the CS items and lvl 10 or higher runes...You are one of the happy 1% truly free to play players who knows how to get a lot of money out of the AH, this is why you act so blind and say that this is not a P2W game or idk, blah blah. The game is shit now and I feel sorry for it, but me and a shit tone of other players will never come back if they will keep it that way.

100% agree with that execpt with "he game is shit now" ^^

Sunday, July 24th 2016, 3:10pm

the above discussion can be summarized up to the following main-options an allods-player has:

1 play for free and gain things by ingamegold only, which is for sure the hardest way, but also very rewarding
its like climbing a mountain

2 buy some startingthings like basic amout of items and later upgrade even more by gold, only spend money occasionally, which is a tradeoff i guess most ppl do
the balance between time % $ is relative to the amount of time spent in game usually
you get to some basecamp by helicopter and do the remaining way by yourself, might hire some sherpas

3 buy almost everything, spend money without any remorse and nullify any efforts to gain powerups, which is for sure the most expensive but also most comfortable way
its like flying to the top of the mountain by a helicopter

4 other option is to stop caring about pvp-competition and just play the game and use the gold you gain anyway over time
without any stress
this is similar comfortable to the on who is buying everything, but just weaker in PVP
its like going for a walk around your house

5 pay a fixed amount of money and play on subscriptionserver, with less available options & items to improve the char resulting in the fact its easier to reach the absolute top of strenght possible for PVP
its like climbing a small mountain which has been finished by a lot of others already, but as there is no higher mountain so you are done fast without much effort

----------------------------------------------------------------------
there is no wrong or right as everyone is pleased by different things... we see it here clarly, some enjoy the options itemshop offers, others not
as we have an itemshop, a subscriptionserver, an exchangenpc, a npc for auctions and the option to farm we could say everyone should be pleased as everyone has the option to go his way :)

also, no matter what way we choose, we will all witness the beauty of this game

Sunday, July 24th 2016, 3:52pm

This is why the pay to play server will be the savior of the game. I hope it will be at least once my.com releases the free trial.

Sunday, July 24th 2016, 4:03pm

the above discussion can be summarized up to the following main-options an allods-player has:

1 play for free and gain things by ingamegold only, which is for sure the hardest way, but also very rewarding
its like climbing a mountain

2 buy some startingthings like basic amout of items and later upgrade even more by gold, only spend money occasionally, which is a tradeoff i guess most ppl do
the balance between time % $ is relative to the amount of time spent in game usually
you get to some basecamp by helicopter and do the remaining way by yourself, might hire some sherpas

3 buy almost everything, spend money without any remorse and nullify any efforts to gain powerups, which is for sure the most expensive but also most comfortable way
its like flying to the top of the mountain by a helicopter

4 other option is to stop caring about pvp-competition and just play the game and use the gold you gain anyway over time
without any stress
this is similar comfortable to the on who is buying everything, but just weaker in PVP
its like going for a walk around your house

5 pay a fixed amount of money and play on subscriptionserver, with less available options & items to improve the char resulting in the fact its easier to reach the absolute top of strenght possible for PVP
its like climbing a small mountain which has been finished by a lot of others already, but as there is no higher mountain so you are done fast without much effort
No one is going to feel like they climbed a mountain for spending hours sitting in a room to farm one rune. It just makes them quit because they realize they are spending their life on a video game.

Also its not as easier to reach the absolute top strength possible for PVP simply because you don't have to spend any money on it, which makes it easier for anyone to be on top. In fact no team gets dominated by one single player because the balance is there and nothing is increasing anyone's damage except stats and stats alone. Also to say without much effort is kind of silly because s2 and fractal are much harder on the server due to the fact that we don't have the damage or resistances that the free to play server gets from the cash shop. There is no small mountain on pay to play, it is just not seen by other players because the free to play server is always seen. You act like you know what you are talking about but in all honestly you do not have a clue of how the subscription server has been recently.

Sunday, July 24th 2016, 10:01pm

exaggeration

No one is going to feel like they climbed a mountain for spending hours sitting in a room to farm one rune. It just makes them quit because they realize they are spending their life on a video game.

Also its not as easier to reach the absolute top strength possible for PVP simply because you don't have to spend any money on it, which makes it easier for anyone to be on top. In fact no team gets dominated by one single player because the balance is there and nothing is increasing anyone's damage except stats and stats alone. Also to say without much effort is kind of silly because s2 and fractal are much harder on the server due to the fact that we don't have the damage or resistances that the free to play server gets from the cash shop. There is no small mountain on pay to play, it is just not seen by other players because the free to play server is always seen. You act like you know what you are talking about but in all honestly you do not have a clue of how the subscription server has been recently.

actually a lot of ppl do, i am just 1 of them
there are even more not farm but even grind-based games like allods with many players enjoying them
please dont say farming cant be fun, its just not true
beside, if you farm you can also do other things while farming, like watching series movies etc, farming does not require 100% attention usually and thus can be very unwinding

spending free time on a videogame is bad? life is a bit of an exaggeration... :rolleyes:
and spending time on something you enjoy cant be so wrong

ofc its easier to reach top strenght on subscription!
you gear up regularly and thats it! no time needed to improve runes or other things as they are not available at all
a rookie can reach the strenght of a veteran in a few weeks which results in total balance, exactly whats the main argument of this server lol

noone needs fractal and s2 any more in a few days when patch 7.1 comes as everyone can go teal then just by soloing
so regarding the improvement of your char, on subscription you do your astralkeys, get some amalgam, improve your gear and thats it (correct me if im wrong!)

Sunday, July 24th 2016, 10:25pm

Katerina

Trainee

I don't play since a long time but objectively, I advise all new players to go to P2P and make this server live. F2P requires too many CS items now. Oh, and I really can't understand those people who want new CS items and spend more and more money everytime. I really think that some people must CS a brain instead xD

P2P seems to be the best choice, but I don't know if it's populated now.

PS : Coucou Pochtron. Nice little warden :-p

Monday, July 25th 2016, 2:11am

there are even more not farm but even grind-based games like allods with many players enjoying them
beside, if you farm you can also do other things while farming, like watching series movies etc, farming does not require 100% attention usually and thus can be very unwinding

spending free time on a videogame is bad? life is a bit of an exaggeration... :rolleyes:
and spending time on something you enjoy cant be so wrong

you gear up regularly and thats it! no time needed to improve runes or other things as they are not available at all
a rookie can reach the strenght of a veteran in a few weeks which results in total balance, exactly whats the main argument of this server lol

noone needs fractal and s2 any more in a few days when patch 7.1 comes as everyone can go teal then just by soloing
so regarding the improvement of your char, on subscription you do your astralkeys, get some amalgam, improve your gear and thats it (correct me if im wrong!)
You cannot say in a few days because the date has not been announced yet. It can be either next week or a month from now. You do everything you can do on f2p except farm for gold because gold isn't as useful as it is on f2p.

I apologize for not knowing that people enjoy farming 2 million gold just for $10 worth of shards, it just does not seem logical.

Monday, July 25th 2016, 2:12am

I don't play since a long time but objectively, I advise all new players to go to P2P and make this server live. F2P requires too many CS items now. Oh, and I really can't understand those people who want new CS items and spend more and more money everytime. I really think that some people must CS a brain instead xD

P2P seems to be the best choice, but I don't know if it's populated now.

PS : Coucou Pochtron. Nice little warden :-p
the population is definitely increasing.

Monday, July 25th 2016, 10:04am

Quinz

Intermediate

It's not about farming being fun or not, it's about the time required to farm the amount of gold needed for all the cash shop items required in order to play competitively. Most people have work or school, or other real life duties to take care of, and simply can't spend that many hours a day playing.

People don't want to spend the few hours they have every day on just farming gold, they want to actually enjoy all the game's features like PvP, PvE, raids, Astral, etc. On top of that, you still need to have time for other necessities like gear farming, guild quests, other misc quests like incense, dragon tears, mount feed etc., quests for your ship and allod, skirmishes and dungeons for additional rubies, and the list just goes on.

All the things you do, or actually want to do, on the F2P server are available on the P2P server as well. The only thing you don't do is farm gold for years only to buy cash shop items you need for competitive play.

Take a game like World of Warcraft for example, it's the same principle as Allods P2P server, you pay a monthly fee and then everyone have the same access to items and features in the game. Nothing can be bought from a cash shop. What do you think this game is about? Same thing as Allods P2P server, you farm gear, do different types of quests, achievements, PvP, raids. All the same but of course it obviously may have some features in the game that differs from Allods.

My point is, how come WoW is the most successful MMORPG in the world, if the P2P feature is so bad as you say?
-Dale Carnegie

-Bernard M. Baruch

Monday, July 25th 2016, 12:09pm

homerosi

Intermediate

P2p might not have 'ALL' the options, but you don't need the cash shop stuff to actully play endgame or fight in pvp, it's only 1 payment/month and you can keep up with the people on the server very fast. I also find it weird most people don't look at P2P since it has like almost all the things f2p has + you don't need to farm insane amounts of time for them (or buy them with money irl). There is also the people complaining about the population 24/7, this tells me they didn't actully even try to play because we all know endgame content gets done and bg's also pop. So the only excuse for me to really not play it is because you have friends on f2p or wasted too much money there already i guess.
MMOseppe peace out! 8o

Monday, July 25th 2016, 1:37pm

WoW is more balance cause 2 type of gear PVE and PVP, allods dont have that.
for me, the reason i play on f2p sever cause i dont have much time for gold grinding, and i have my job, i have my daughter, so i cant spend 2 -3 hours for this game. And if i play on P2P sever, i cant doing daily quest, AS etc....

so f2p is fit for me, my situation.

and i think p2p sever is fit for you and other guys.

do the thing is good for you.

Spoiler Spoiler