You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, September 12th 2016, 9:15pm

PoloRL

Trainee

• "PoloRL" started this thread

Make p2p free up to level 25

I know P2P has been given the 7 day free thing recently, but I feel like, while this is a great step in the right direction, it's still inadequate. I feel, due to the server's consistently low population, this could really attract some new players to actually give it a good go rather than getting to level 10 and quitting. This would also have to be paired up with some advertisement, but I realise this has been mentioned countless times before. I will say though the server population has picked up a bit, so well done on that front, but as I said I think more steps are needed to really get the server going.

Monday, September 12th 2016, 10:31pm

Aionwen

Professional

make it free till two weeks after reaching maxlvl would i suggest knowing that even this wont help allodsp2p coz the game is just crap since last patch.
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Tuesday, September 13th 2016, 12:14am

7 days is enough to reach more than just level 25, even for someone who has never before played a mmo game, dont you agree?

Tuesday, September 13th 2016, 5:12am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

7 days is enough to reach more than just level 25, even for someone who has never before played a mmo game, dont you agree?

I disagree. Not if the player wants to read the lore and explore. Without fast mounts and high runes of the f2p server it's a lot slower. Back in 2010 it took me 3 months to reach Asee-Teph on f2p server but everything was much harder back then. It would still take more than a week from me without a mount on p2p. Depends how much you play per day.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gwiniel" (Sep 13th 2016, 12:57pm)

Tuesday, September 13th 2016, 9:08am

PoloRL

Trainee

• "PoloRL" started this thread

It's not about how long is needed to get to level 25, it's about giving the player the ability to get there in their own time. If someone wants to try the server out, but only has time to play on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays (which is a very common scenario) they really only get to use 3 days of their 7, whereas if it's free up to a certain level, in this case 25, they can get there and enjoy the game without having to race against the clock to decide whether they want to play there or not.

Tuesday, September 13th 2016, 11:13am

The reasons people play on p2p don't exist on lower levels so 25 makes no sense at all. Imo it should be free till 65 and one free month after that. In this time if they really like it, they're hooked or whatever. And if they don't they don't simple as that. Ya I know what you all cupcakes are thinking, can't give one free month because the devs gotta eat meme.

Tuesday, September 13th 2016, 8:26pm

Chances are, if they're not impressed with the F2P server up until level 25+, they won't be impressed with the P2P server up to level 25.

Level capped P2P trials are useful for games that are purely P2P, like Final Fantasy 14 and World of Warcraft.

Whoever suggested players getting 7 days of subscription every so often for holidays and stuff has the better idea, I think.

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 3:04am

I disagree. Not if the player wants to read the lore and explore. Without fast mounts and high runes of the f2p server it's a lot slower. Back in 2010 it took me 3 months to reach Asee-Teph on f2p server but everything was much harder back then. It would still take more than a week from me without a mount on p2p. Depends how much you play per day.

this argument is intersting, although its more likely you choose the free version of the game if you want to read the texts and explore the areas as there is not the constant feeling of "time is runing out" which is absolutel horrible :wacko: (feeling like a little child which is strictly limited in playtime by parents which think pcgames are made by the devil)

when subscriptionserver came i reached level 25 within a few hours of playing (was curious for asee teph pvp ;) ); of course as a veteran thats something different but still, i think the 7 days are a genrerous offer for something that is not meant to be totally free
Level capped P2P trials are useful for games that are purely P2P, like Final Fantasy 14 and World of Warcraft.
agreeing here

think of the following; you can theoretically reach max level within this time and even gear a bit, participate in BGs (if they pop?) and test almost every aspect of the game (except reincarnation :P ) for free and then decide whether its worth to continue by spending BC on it or not
if it was limited to certain level this option would be impossible

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 6:02am

Sadly, I don't think Allods Online is one of those games I would play for the lore.

Not because I find the setting itself uninteresting, though -- on the contrary, the setting itself fascinates me.

It's the fact that the translation is inconsistent and in many cases directly copied from gpotato's translation of the game... even when it doesn't make sense.

For example, in the League's first city, you get a quest to visit a Master Artisan... but not really, you actually got a quest to visit an Armorsmith. THEN you get a quest to visit the Master Artisan.

Many early quests which were changed to accommodate solo players early on still have text telling you to form a party.

In essence, whatever lore the game has is quickly lost in the sea of inconsistent and recycled translations.