You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 12:05am

this game still pay to win?

Thinking about playing.. Is this game still pay to win?

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 2:53am

if you wanna be on top ofc if you just want to play and can deal with playing in the middlefield then its doable for free

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 4:46am

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 10:17am

PoloRL

Trainee

you can have everything free just with playing
you can have everything faster when you pay

its all a matter of time
And by "a matter of time" you'd have to farm for several years. If you have absolutely no life and you play for 18hrs a day you might be able to do it in a year or so.

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 10:19am

try not to listen 'all free just with playing' tales. One way or another, you are going to pay if you want to be a challenging player. I think you know that already. First, you should get these information : actual gold/crystal rate, how much € a 10lv rune is, how much you are going to pay for box, chest sales to catch up others, daily other costs. Or the alternative is p2p server. Briefly, become aware before a start, just learn the things you are going to face. :thumbup:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Nerner" (Oct 15th 2016, 10:37am)

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 10:50am

There is no f2p game that is not p2w. Every game has "microtransactions" to improve your power, lvl, gearing. Ofcourse you can have everything if you have a lot of (years) time. Just try to find some good people to play with you. Eventually you want to pay money to catch up your friends/guildies or other players. I againts full p2w but i still spend money on Allods .That what happened to me years ago.
poot poot poot poot poot... POOTIE!! YOU'VE BEEN POOTED!!!

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 11:11am

Why are people ok with playing on the subscription server paying 10 euros/ month , but not ok with playing on the f2p server and paying the same amount every month for cash shop items?

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 11:53am

Why are people ok with playing on the subscription server paying 10 euros/ month , but not ok with playing on the f2p server and paying the same amount every month for cash shop items?

MOST IMPORTANT reasons are:
  • There's no relation between amount paid and what you get. Everyone pays the same and everyone gets the same.
  • People who play on p2p consider some features that aren't present there straight up harmful for the game.
  • Much better game balance. I dread to think how hopelessly easy the astral sectors that are supposed to be "hard" must be on f2p.

I don't feel like writing a wall of text right now. :evil:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Dala" (Oct 15th 2016, 12:03pm)

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 2:49pm

I start f2p server paying only 10 €/ month, i can be only a walking muppet in pvp area. Then i think, i must farm more. Day1, Day2, Day3,.....Boring but i must farm because i can pay only 10€ (?!=). Later on,a friend of mine starts f2p server. But pays 40€ /month. Dusts my jacket in arena. Do i have a super talented friend? Then i see,i need to pay much. Also extra payments for super strongboxes. Seems after 2 years, we are going to hold each others hand and sing the song of '' we have paid THAT much we can't say farewell to game''. Oh, a lovely loop.

That was my dream, i had last night. I woke up by saying thank you i'm not buying.

(This entry contains subjective thoughts. Arguable. If there is grammar mistakes, sorry.)

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 4:24pm

Seems after 2 years, we are going to hold each others hand and sing the song of '' we have paid THAT much we can't say farewell to game''. Oh, a lovely loop.

That was my dream, i had last night. I woke up by saying thank you i'm not buying.
Made my day thank you Sir! :D
poot poot poot poot poot... POOTIE!! YOU'VE BEEN POOTED!!!

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 9:24pm

if you want to avoid P2W, come to subscription server.

Sunday, October 16th 2016, 8:00am

Diktator

Trainee

I don't want to defend the game, also I've maybe spent 50 euros on the game and that was only on those cards (I wanted a mount)

In 1v1 against anyone with tons of cash-shop you can't do anything tho.

766 666 runes, + some low tier cash-shop (purple trinket, some bonus stat points etc.) with blue 75 gear.

http://i.imgur.com/45E4xOj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/B5anwsm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qxNp6zh.jpg

So yeah even if you farm up some nice gear you can be competitive, but you can never be better than those with tons of cash shop items.

Altho if you start playing now it will take you months to farm up just for that lower tier of cash shop. Forget about farming up for higher level runes, better trinket, good mount, more stats, rubies, talents...that would take a good few years probably.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Diktator" (Oct 16th 2016, 9:29am)

Sunday, October 16th 2016, 9:24am

Something to note, now with the daily reward quests, you can win straight up level 5 clear runes for just doing 1 daily quest. This feature completely changes the whole dynamic of what it takes to farm up to par.

Sunday, October 16th 2016, 10:37am

It sucks that there are too many cash shop items. But at least you have something to look forward to.

If gearing was all you had to do in this game, it would be pretty boring.

And there will be the fragile copies, which will give you almost full cash-shop and it will become a lot easier to get the permanent items, as the copies will give you fragments. And from what I've seen for example, in the Ru version, with around 2000 crystals you can get the purple and the orange ruby scrolls (assuming that you can transform 10 purple to 1 orange), the same with conclave, perfection, skill points. I just hope that the price will not be very different in our cs.

Now I'm not trying to defend the game, it still is very p2w, but I feel like this is going in the right direction.

Tuesday, October 18th 2016, 7:32am

The SUB server have a good population? I'm down to give it a shot, but don't want to play a dead server.